Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Everton Game Matchday Thread 15:00 - Mar 1 with 5909 viewsSaintNick

can we do the unlikely tonight

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Everton Game Matchday Thread on 21:46 - Mar 1 with 1027 viewsKennington

Everton Game Matchday Thread on 21:31 - Mar 1 by Centurion

Redmond really needs to be dropped. He looks busted.

I was told on here he’s a good team player and his lack assists and goals isn’t important.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Everton Game Matchday Thread on 21:46 - Mar 1 with 1027 viewsCenturion

WE are good at running down the clock,
Everton Game Matchday Thread on 21:48 - Mar 1 with 1015 viewssaint22

Everton Game Matchday Thread on 21:46 - Mar 1 by Centurion

WE are good at running down the clock,

Armstrong the one bright spot
Everton Game Matchday Thread on 21:48 - Mar 1 with 1009 viewscocklebreath

Everton Game Matchday Thread on 21:48 - Mar 1 by saint22

Armstrong the one bright spot

Agreed, Djenepos done okay and Forster

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Everton Game Matchday Thread on 21:49 - Mar 1 with 996 viewsgrumpy

Redmond off with 3 min to go.............
Everton Game Matchday Thread on 21:52 - Mar 1 with 961 viewsCenturion

Djenepo looks badly hurt.

Can it get any worse !!!!
Everton Game Matchday Thread on 21:54 - Mar 1 with 944 viewsCenturion

Ings cannot score an open goal.
Everton Game Matchday Thread on 21:54 - Mar 1 with 937 viewscocklebreath

Everton Game Matchday Thread on 21:52 - Mar 1 by Centurion

Looked like Calvert Lewin meant that

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Login to get fewer ads

Everton Game Matchday Thread on 21:54 - Mar 1 with 918 viewsSaintsforeverj

Everton Game Matchday Thread on 21:54 - Mar 1 by Centurion

Ings cannot score an open goal.

Ings is already at his new club. I said this in January. The problem is clearly that without him, we can't score. The other players seem to be hopeless at shooting.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2021 21:56]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Everton Game Matchday Thread on 22:03 - Mar 1 with 797 viewsRon11

Everton Game Matchday Thread on 21:54 - Mar 1 by Saintsforeverj

Ings is already at his new club. I said this in January. The problem is clearly that without him, we can't score. The other players seem to be hopeless at shooting.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.
Put Stuart Armstrong up front.
Everton Game Matchday Thread on 22:05 - Mar 1 with 783 viewsSadoldgit

Slow start but gradually played ourselves back into the game. Probably deserved a draw. Moussa my MotM. Ings got in the way a few times and looks like he is trying too hard. It just isn’t flowing for him at the moment. Good energy from Tella when he came on. Let’s hope Moussa injury isn’t too bad. There were signs of the old Saints towards the end so let’s hope we build in that against the Blades. Didn’t expect anything tonight.
Everton Game Matchday Thread on 22:06 - Mar 1 with 770 viewsdarthvader

Everton Game Matchday Thread on 21:52 - Mar 1 by Centurion

He (djenepo )deserved to score that goal that went wide , that would have been some goal . Gutted about the result but an improved performance, apart from the lack of goals .

Tella to start . forster to start .

Richarlson is a diving big nosed c. unt .

keep the faith coyr

Everton Game Matchday Thread on 22:07 - Mar 1 with 755 viewsSadoldgit

Everton Game Matchday Thread on 22:03 - Mar 1 by Ron11

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.
Put Stuart Armstrong up front.

He is better running from deep. Given how dangerous JWP is around the box from free kicks I am surprised we don’t look to draw more fouls in those areas.
Everton Game Matchday Thread on 22:09 - Mar 1 with 739 viewsDorsetIan

Everton Game Matchday Thread on 21:54 - Mar 1 by Saintsforeverj

Danny had absolutely no service. He was picking up the ball in his own half.

The problem is in midfield. Armstrong can move the ball into their box. JWP can't. Remond can't. Djenepo can't (well once he did, but he needs to be able to smell the goalkeeper before he attacks).

I remember when our biggest problem was finding a decent central defensive partnership. Those were the days!!

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Everton Game Matchday Thread on 22:09 - Mar 1 with 730 viewsRon11

Everton Game Matchday Thread on 22:05 - Mar 1 by Sadoldgit

Slow start but gradually played ourselves back into the game. Probably deserved a draw. Moussa my MotM. Ings got in the way a few times and looks like he is trying too hard. It just isn’t flowing for him at the moment. Good energy from Tella when he came on. Let’s hope Moussa injury isn’t too bad. There were signs of the old Saints towards the end so let’s hope we build in that against the Blades. Didn’t expect anything tonight.

I've liked Redmond in the past, but he was a complete waste of space tonight. Ralph should have pulled him off much sooner.
Yes there were signs of the old Saints when Tella came on and Bednarek sat back in the middle.
Why Ralph played him at right back I fail to understand, especially twice.
Everton Game Matchday Thread on 22:11 - Mar 1 with 724 viewsbarry_sanchez

They went ahead and never looked in trouble, we never pressured and deserved what we got.

He who is silent and bows his head dies every time he does so. He who speaks aloud and walks with his head held high dies only once. —Giovanni Falcone
Poll: What is your favourite poll?

Everton Game Matchday Thread on 22:12 - Mar 1 with 706 viewsSadoldgit

Everton Game Matchday Thread on 22:11 - Mar 1 by barry_sanchez

They went ahead and never looked in trouble, we never pressured and deserved what we got.

Didn’t take you long to find a new home Bazza.
Everton Game Matchday Thread on 22:17 - Mar 1 with 683 viewscynicalsaint

Everton Game Matchday Thread on 22:11 - Mar 1 by barry_sanchez

They were smart. They recognised how much of a threat we are going forward and contained us. Thats the way it goes when two top teams are slugging it out.
Everton Game Matchday Thread on 22:19 - Mar 1 with 669 viewsBicester_North

Everton Game Matchday Thread on 22:09 - Mar 1 by DorsetIan

Danny had absolutely no service. He was picking up the ball in his own half.

The problem is in midfield. Armstrong can move the ball into their box. JWP can't. Remond can't. Djenepo can't (well once he did, but he needs to be able to smell the goalkeeper before he attacks).

I remember when our biggest problem was finding a decent central defensive partnership. Those were the days!!

When Ings was scoring plenty of goals we had the same system and players.

Adams was doing well holding the ball up and putting him through, and we were putting more pressure on opposing defences leading to errors where the ball broke loose for Ings to pounce.

None of that seems to be happening lately, our overall play is just lacking

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Everton Game Matchday Thread on 22:19 - Mar 1 with 666 viewsA1079

I did not see the game at all but did listen to the Radio 5 commentary throughout. If what I was hearing was correct and unbiased, then I understand that we played well between the boxes but offered very little in the final third and indeed only had about 2 real chances to score. I had the impression that in some areas we matched Everton well and it sounded like Djenepo put in a shift and that our defence was not too bad.

One telling comment was by Leon Osman on Redmond - "he looks like a player who does not look like he either believes or is prepared to put in the effort in the final third".

I will admit my own personal bias on Redmond - I don't rate him, I never have. He flatters to deceive. I think he has been with us for 4-5 seasons and I think he had one reasonably good season and the others the moments of difference could almost be counted on one hand. Some will say I have it in for him but I don't know the guy so I am not judging him as a person merely what I see on the pitch. I don't think players get transfer listed these days, but if they did I would seriously consider transfer listing him, but I don't detect any interest in him - which probably says it all. I am also concluding that Adams is not going to cut it at this level, but should we go down then both he and Redmond will probably look good.

Our defence in the past has been much maligned (rightly so on occasions) but for a while now, it is up front we have been found wanting. Not sure what our goals scored average is but it can't be great.

I suppose I am thankful we did not get a thrashing but right now, it is difficult to see where a win or even a goal is going to come from.
Everton Game Matchday Thread on 22:23 - Mar 1 with 636 viewscynicalsaint

Everton Game Matchday Thread on 22:19 - Mar 1 by Bicester_North

When Ings was scoring plenty of goals we had the same system and players.

Adams was doing well holding the ball up and putting him through, and we were putting more pressure on opposing defences leading to errors where the ball broke loose for Ings to pounce.

None of that seems to be happening lately, our overall play is just lacking

It's fine margins isn't it. If redmond had got a break on one of the numerous driving runs he made then maybe we would have got a lucky bounce of the ball. right now the god's are conspiring against us and he looks like he's just running into players without a clue how to beat them and i guess cos thats affecting his confidence a little is struggling to make some pretty simple passes. It will click for him soon so we should definitely persevere with him in the starting 11. i don't think he's had many better games than he did tonight in the last 18 months - just not getting the rub of the green right now.
Everton Game Matchday Thread on 22:28 - Mar 1 with 610 viewsbarry_sanchez

Everton Game Matchday Thread on 22:12 - Mar 1 by Sadoldgit

Didn’t take you long to find a new home Bazza.

Always been a member, I left Pap's home, I wasn't banned, I left because not only did he put me into specific forum thread he also and most importantly placed me on a number of posts per day limit (that was the straw that broke the camels back), talk about kicking a man when he's down and can't defend himself, so once again I'll tell the truth, I left, go and ask him, he "banned" me after I left as I can only put that down to a bruised ego.

I wish you all well over there, nothing more to say, Pap is being disingenuous to say how my demise came about, that bit is important.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2021 23:05]

He who is silent and bows his head dies every time he does so. He who speaks aloud and walks with his head held high dies only once. —Giovanni Falcone

Everton Game Matchday Thread on 22:38 - Mar 1 with 563 viewsSadoldgit

Everton Game Matchday Thread on 22:28 - Mar 1 by barry_sanchez

Always been a member, I left Pap's home, I wasn't banned, I left because not only did he put me into specific forum thread he also and most importantly placed me on a number of posts per day limit (that was the straw that broke the camels back), talk about kicking a man when he's down and can't defend himself, so once again I'll tell the truth, I left, go and ask him, he "banned" me after I left as I can only put that down to a bruised ego.

I wish you all well over there, nothing more to say, Pap is being disingenuous to say how my demise came about, that bit is important.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2021 23:05]

I am sorry to hear that Barry. Although we crossed swords a few times if it had gone to a vote I wouldn’t have voted for a ban. It was the one forum that I thought it was impossible to get banned from! Still, you have a new audience and I’m sure we will cross swords again soon!
Everton Game Matchday Thread on 22:42 - Mar 1 with 539 viewssaintwizzler

From the starting 11 from when we played Everton back in October only KWP and Romeu were missing tonight through injury.
We were 6th back then.

Hassenhuttl blaming our injuries in the post match interview. 😬

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Everton Game Matchday Thread on 22:43 - Mar 1 with 529 viewsbarry_sanchez

He was playing to the crowd, it really is the happiest of places with a lack of tolerance for a reality that many can see, irrespective I am here now and here to contribute and not talk ill or bad of others.
I am here to talk about our poor football team and why they are poor, that performance tonight sums us up in the last 2 months, absolutely dire, no ambition in play, no pace, no team direction and no plan b.
If we don't go down this season it'll be next season for sure, who'll stay and who would come?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024