Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone else getting fed up with Premiership Football? 17:55 - Mar 2 with 4266 viewsgrumpy

Players going down and screaming when tackled.
VAR stopping games to check if an elbow or a kneecap is over the line.
Referees throwing yellow and red cards around like confetti.
I doubt if Jack Charlton,Billy Bremner,Jimmy Case etc would have seen many games out these days.
Having to watch games on tv with empty stadiums.
No! its not because Saints have forgotten how to win a game either, although that doesn't help.
Anyone else getting fed up with Premiership Football? on 17:46 - Mar 3 with 1638 viewssolent_toffee

Anyone else getting fed up with Premiership Football? on 16:24 - Mar 3 by kingslandstand1

Unfortunately Grumps, yours and all of the other very valid comments from this thread will not be heard by those that actually could do something about it and we will just carry on as we are

Some may decide enough is enough and give up our tickets, but I don't think many will. It is the same for all clubs so we are not alone

Because we are the current sh1tt1est team in the league we may now be accused of being whinging old farts and our opinions might be different if we were say, West Ham fans right now, but they've had enough to whinge about over the last 4 or 5 years

I don't like the way it is at the moment for all the reasons below, but powers that be will just walk all over us and if we "make a stand" and don't turn up to games, I'm sure there are enough Chinese students at Soton Uni that will gladly take our place so they can phone home and say that they actually went to a Premier League game!

To be fair even when you were top of the league you lot were still whinging. I wouldn’t keep coming on here if it was any other way!
Anyone else getting fed up with Premiership Football? on 18:49 - Mar 3 with 1571 viewsTripleNiemi

Anyone else getting fed up with Premiership Football? on 17:46 - Mar 3 by solent_toffee

To be fair even when you were top of the league you lot were still whinging. I wouldn’t keep coming on here if it was any other way!

The 'Southampton Way'

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Anyone else getting fed up with Premiership Football? on 18:12 - Mar 4 with 1484 viewsblambo

Anyone else getting fed up with Premiership Football? on 13:28 - Mar 3 by PaleRider

Many good points on here! I don't think it is just about becoming older but it is about realising that the fan in the stadium with attachment to the club is now totally irrelevant as far as TV (especially the global audience), and therefore the clubs, are concerned.

This is compounded by dodgy technology, refs who think they are stars and whining brats of players who can't be bothered when the going gets tough. On top of this, for me, is the lack of atmosphere or even humour now at grounds.

I think the only solution is for a European super league to attract the armchair fan - be they in Devon, Surrey or Singapore. The Premier League can then get back to being more focussed on those of us who actually go to games.

Still I expect I'll be back next season

Let the European Super League come ASAP and give us back the old First Division.
Anyone else getting fed up with Premiership Football? on 21:48 - Mar 4 with 1419 viewspjt50

I can live with VAR. I can even live with iffy refs — we're all human. What really annoys me are the faceless clowns at IFAB continually tinkering with the laws of the game.

There was a great example of how stupid it's become in the Fulham v Spurs game. Sanchez blasted a clearance straight at Lemina's arm, which was down by his side. Maja swept in the rebound but it was disallowed for handball. If it had happened in a defensive play it wouldn't have been handball (except for the Bertrand penalty, of course).

How can having one rule for one end of the pitch & a different rule for the other possibly simplify things? Handball should be handball wherever it happens.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Anyone else getting fed up with Premiership Football? on 11:13 - Mar 5 with 1275 viewskernow

Yes, fed up because of:

Covid 19
High ticket prices when eventually spectators are permitted again
Soulless stadia.
Catering to be avoided, stale pies, weak tea and beer
Crowds of boorish people shouting abuse and obscenities
TV - sponsorship, bias, substandard presentation, commentary and analysis
Overpaid players who under perform, effectively stealing a living
Cheating
Poor officiating
VAR
The lack of competition for honours with the same five clubs winning everything
Owners who treat their clubs as their own personal fiefdom.
Rich foreign owners
Fans who are regarded as customers to be taken for granted
Replica kits that must be renewed every season
Managers and coaches who constantly complain of being hard done by
Transfer fees
Signing on fees
Agents fees
Advertising
The obscene amounts of money sloshing around the PL and Championship when so many people are struggling
The general detachment of football from the real World.

Doubt I'll ever go to another PL match
How so many folk get into so much sweat over a pointless game.
Anyone else getting fed up with Premiership Football? on 11:19 - Mar 5 with 1269 viewsUlsterBaz

Anyone else getting fed up with Premiership Football? on 18:12 - Mar 4 by blambo

Let the European Super League come ASAP and give us back the old First Division.

I’ve thought that way for a long time. Can’t come soon enough for me.
Anyone else getting fed up with Premiership Football? on 11:25 - Mar 5 with 1265 viewspjt50

Anyone else getting fed up with Premiership Football? on 11:13 - Mar 5 by kernow

Yes, fed up because of:

Covid 19
Soulless stadia.
Cheating
Poor officiating
VAR
Rich foreign owners
Transfer fees
Signing on fees
Agents fees
Advertising
The obscene amounts of money sloshing around the PL and Championship when so many people are struggling

...and nearly all Saints' games are pointless at the moment.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Anyone else getting fed up with Premiership Football? on 12:22 - Mar 5 with 1237 viewsdwayne_dibley

plus they are all a bunch of bleached aceholes

[Post edited 5 Mar 2021 12:24]

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone else getting fed up with Premiership Football? on 12:52 - Mar 5 with 1220 viewsBicester_North

Anyone else getting fed up with Premiership Football? on 11:13 - Mar 5 by kernow

Yes, fed up because of:

Covid 19
Soulless stadia.
Cheating
Poor officiating
VAR
Rich foreign owners
Transfer fees
Signing on fees
Agents fees
Advertising

Good summary, but crowds of people shouting abuse and obscenities?

This was a staple of old school football, the crowds now (well before lockdown) are sterile and silent most of the time

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Anyone else getting fed up with Premiership Football? on 13:15 - Mar 5 with 1211 viewsBazza

Anyone else getting fed up with Premiership Football? on 12:52 - Mar 5 by Bicester_North

Good summary, but crowds of people shouting abuse and obscenities?

This was a staple of old school football, the crowds now (well before lockdown) are sterile and silent most of the time

Yes good summary by Kernow , add to it poor managers receiving huge payoffs with inappropriate sympathy in the media and still getting recycled to other PL clubs.
Manager interviews after games. Lack of insight and big club bias by most TV analysts (often average ex-players).
Anyone else getting fed up with Premiership Football? on 14:12 - Mar 5 with 1191 viewsBicester_North

Anyone else getting fed up with Premiership Football? on 13:15 - Mar 5 by Bazza

Yes good summary by Kernow , add to it poor managers receiving huge payoffs with inappropriate sympathy in the media and still getting recycled to other PL clubs.
Manager interviews after games. Lack of insight and big club bias by most TV analysts (often average ex-players).

And the lack of Saturday 3pm kick offs

I struggle to think of a single advantage of supporting an average premier league club over a lower league club any more. Except you might have a better chance of a good cup run.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Anyone else getting fed up with Premiership Football? on 17:47 - Mar 5 with 1151 views1885_SFC

I'm with Scott Parker on this; VAR is destroying football. I won't be going back to matches while VAR is in its current (shít) state.

Old School is Cool

Anyone else getting fed up with Premiership Football? on 18:32 - Mar 5 with 1118 viewscocklebreath

Anyone else getting fed up with Premiership Football? on 17:47 - Mar 5 by 1885_SFC

I'm with Scott Parker on this; VAR is destroying football. I won't be going back to matches while VAR is in its current (shít) state.

No funny blokes any more, if someone try’s they get tuts etc. Boring fans.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Anyone else getting fed up with Premiership Football? on 18:40 - Mar 5 with 1106 viewsSaintsforeverj

It's the stupid, non sensical application of the rules. We can have video replays, but maybe each club could have 2 challenges, each match for the ref to check the monitor. But the red lines, the finger nail off side, the handball rule which nobody understands are just stupid and are spoiling the game. A player doesn't gain an advantage because his toe is 1mm in front. It doesn't affect the outcome had his toe been 1mm further back. That's the point. All common sense has gone.

Secondly, it's disappointing that the greedy PL players who kiss the badge, say they are home etc, leave at the first sign of doubling their wages or trophies. I remember the days of going to Staplewood, interacting with players, watching training. Those days have gone. They are protected like God's.

Also it's Saints isn't it. If we were top of the league, we would be happy. But we just seem to be let down. The excitement of a cup final and we lose. The excitement of being top, then we lose 8 in a row. It that sense of hopelessness. We have got to a quarter final, but Man City will win it, I bet. And yeah, players down tools if they don't like the manager. Thinking JM at Chelsea and Ralph's comments after the Leeds game: "We gave up". They have so much power and again that is spoiling the game.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2021 21:29]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024