Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
VAR 12:30 - Mar 20 with 2935 viewsMattFinish

Ridiculous decision again
VAR on 12:31 - Mar 20 with 2027 viewsUlsterBaz

Looking at where their ‘lines’ are drawn I clearly don’t understand the rules anymore.
VAR on 12:35 - Mar 20 with 2010 viewsHeisenberg

It’s supposed to be clear and obvious. Yet again they are fiddling about with tiny margins. It’s destroying the game. And it’s not about it being a Saints decision. It’s an absolute farce

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

VAR on 12:47 - Mar 20 with 1978 viewsTripleNiemi

Remember when we had VAR at St Marys against Derby in the cup? They scored and was disallowed for similar margins. I said then that VAR was going to ruin the game and that the benefit should always go to the attacking team. Its all bollöx now. Get rid of VAR and just have goal line technology.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2021 12:47]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

VAR on 12:48 - Mar 20 with 1965 viewssaint22

Was his arm offside!?
VAR on 12:52 - Mar 20 with 1957 viewsluffy22

What is just as ridiculous is the linesman, he was a few yards away and he never put his flag up so how can it be offside? Surely it should be his decision with VAR backing him up? If he can’t make his mind up from that distance what’s the point of him????
VAR on 12:54 - Mar 20 with 1953 viewsHeisenberg

VAR on 12:48 - Mar 20 by saint22

Was his arm offside!?

You will never know. Unlike other sports the FA think decisions don’t need to be explained. Us fans clearly don’t understand.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

VAR on 12:58 - Mar 20 with 1935 viewsMattFinish

Get in Moussa
VAR on 12:59 - Mar 20 with 1925 viewskingslandstand1

VAR on 12:48 - Mar 20 by saint22

Was his arm offside!?

The ironic thing is that if it was his elbow that was deemed offside, how come he's not allowed to score with his elbow?

Pathetic
Login to get fewer ads

VAR on 13:06 - Mar 20 with 1893 viewsdirk_doone

VAR on 12:31 - Mar 20 by UlsterBaz

Looking at where their ‘lines’ are drawn I clearly don’t understand the rules anymore.

His elbow was offside apparently because no other part of him was. It seems with VAR that you have to have every part of your body at least 6 inches onside. Otherwise it's offside. The old rules that in line was onside and only parts of the body that could legally play the ball could be offside seem to have been changed by VAR.

Who is the ref on VAR today?
[Post edited 20 Mar 2021 13:13]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

VAR on 13:15 - Mar 20 with 1858 viewsDorsetIan

He was level. He’s onside. It’s doesn’t need to be this complicated.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

VAR on 13:27 - Mar 20 with 1826 viewssaint22

Here we go again
VAR on 13:28 - Mar 20 with 1826 viewsdirk_doone

You can't be offside from a back pass and it clearly came off a Bournemouth player. VAR has changed another rule.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2021 13:29]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

VAR on 13:29 - Mar 20 with 1812 views1885_SFC

Absolute f@cking joke.

And how come VAR wasn't used in the FA Cup in previous rounds?

Old School is Cool

VAR on 13:30 - Mar 20 with 1803 viewsUlsterBaz

Another incredibly marginal decision. No one can convince me that, bar goal line technology, it has improved the game.
VAR on 13:31 - Mar 20 with 1798 viewsA1079

VAR on 13:28 - Mar 20 by dirk_doone

You can't be offside from a back pass and it clearly came off a Bournemouth player. VAR has changed another rule.

I am with you Dirk. I thought it came off a Bournemouth player. It is enough to make you want to walk off the pitch.
VAR on 13:41 - Mar 20 with 1774 viewskingslandstand1

VAR on 13:28 - Mar 20 by dirk_doone

That was my initial view, but after looking at all those replays it may just have been off Adams as last man but very tight, and again no spontaneous celebration as we score a goal
VAR on 13:53 - Mar 20 with 1752 viewsA1079

VAR on 13:41 - Mar 20 by kingslandstand1

That was my initial view, but after looking at all those replays it may just have been off Adams as last man but very tight, and again no spontaneous celebration as we score a goal

After the replays Kingslandstand, yes, they were correct this time. Let them off this time! Pity though as it was a good shot by Adams.
VAR on 13:57 - Mar 20 with 1742 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

VAR on 12:31 - Mar 20 by UlsterBaz

Likewise - it is far from clear and obvious. Ridiculous.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

VAR on 14:17 - Mar 20 with 1702 viewscocklebreath

It really is killing the game, every goal you have to wait to celebrate properly, how is that an improvement?

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

VAR on 14:27 - Mar 20 with 1683 viewsSadoldgit

VAR on 14:17 - Mar 20 by cocklebreath

It really is killing the game, every goal you have to wait to celebrate properly, how is that an improvement?

I agree but it happens in rugby too. It really takes the joy out of scoring.
VAR on 14:30 - Mar 20 with 1680 viewssaint22

VAR on 13:29 - Mar 20 by 1885_SFC

Absolute f@cking joke.

And how come VAR wasn't used in the FA Cup in previous rounds?

I think because lower leagues dont have the facilities so its unfair depending on home and away
VAR on 15:21 - Mar 20 with 1643 viewspjt50

VAR on 13:06 - Mar 20 by dirk_doone

His elbow was offside apparently because no other part of him was. It seems with VAR that you have to have every part of your body at least 6 inches onside. Otherwise it's offside. The old rules that in line was onside and only parts of the body that could legally play the ball could be offside seem to have been changed by VAR.

Who is the ref on VAR today?
[Post edited 20 Mar 2021 13:13]

It's not VAR that's changing the laws, it's the clowns at IFAB. These are the people who should be telling us what they're doing & why. I don't understand why they've got so much power.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

VAR on 16:00 - Mar 20 with 1587 viewsDorsetIan

VAR on 15:21 - Mar 20 by pjt50

It's not VAR that's changing the laws, it's the clowns at IFAB. These are the people who should be telling us what they're doing & why. I don't understand why they've got so much power.

VAR does not apply the level is onside rule. It’s as simple as that.

I suspect that having paid for the lines on screen technology they are loath to ditch it. But ditched it should be. Ball over the line, fine, but otherwise football does not need this level of detail and the offside rule certainly doesn’t. Give the benefit of any doubt to the striker. In front, behind or level is pretty obvious 99/100.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

VAR on 18:39 - Mar 20 with 1470 viewskingolaf

VAR on 16:00 - Mar 20 by DorsetIan

VAR does not apply the level is onside rule. It’s as simple as that.

I suspect that having paid for the lines on screen technology they are loath to ditch it. But ditched it should be. Ball over the line, fine, but otherwise football does not need this level of detail and the offside rule certainly doesn’t. Give the benefit of any doubt to the striker. In front, behind or level is pretty obvious 99/100.

The lines mean nothing if they’re drawn a millisecond after the ball is played. Very contentious.
VAR on 21:44 - Mar 20 with 1373 viewsBison

VAR - Its ruining the rugby now

I thought they had it right but strict rules is ruining every game.

edir. in context watching the Taffs
[Post edited 20 Mar 2021 21:45]

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024