Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Finding Jack Charlton 22:40 - Mar 29 with 886 viewsA1079

Don't know how many of you have watched this, but an emotional watch. Not an easy man to love and from a different era but he stayed true to himself and to what he believed in.
Finding Jack Charlton on 23:07 - Mar 29 with 864 viewsSalisburySaint

Thought it was excellent, even though I hated him when he played for Leeds and was Irish Manager, ad you say was true to himself throughout, and had a lot of time for others, doing great charity work, hard not to like, but issues with Bobby ran deep.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2021 23:07]
Finding Jack Charlton on 23:19 - Mar 29 with 853 viewsericofarabia

Really sad to see him watching clips of wonderful moments from his career and not being able to actually remember them happening.

Dementia and Alzheimer's are terrible diseases, taking away happy memories that would help get you through the hard times.

Poignant moment at the end, hearing Jack talking just after Ireland's World Cup campaign in USA and the welcome home they received on arrival back, he said it was wonderful for them all to experience it and those moments would stay with them all their lives, sadly for him they didn't.
Finding Jack Charlton on 08:43 - Mar 30 with 767 viewsSaintNick

Finding Jack Charlton on 23:19 - Mar 29 by ericofarabia

Really sad to see him watching clips of wonderful moments from his career and not being able to actually remember them happening.

Dementia and Alzheimer's are terrible diseases, taking away happy memories that would help get you through the hard times.

Poignant moment at the end, hearing Jack talking just after Ireland's World Cup campaign in USA and the welcome home they received on arrival back, he said it was wonderful for them all to experience it and those moments would stay with them all their lives, sadly for him they didn't.

Jack Charlton's last ever game was at the Dell in April 1973 , so I can say that I saw him play just the once, his final ever game, a lttile sad that he and his brother Bobby fell out

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Finding Jack Charlton on 13:59 - Mar 30 with 647 viewskingslandstand1

I said exactly the same, very emotional

I liked the bit where the family were looking at the screen and he then said with a smile "that's me!" and then looked at his granddaughter and told her the same repeating himself a couple of times

But he was def not one to cross as David O'Leary found out.

Excellent documentary though I wonder what they told him as to why the cameras were in his home

And just remembered, it was strange that he remembered and sang along fine to the Blayden Races so it seems certain things do stay in their minds

RIP the old bu66er
[Post edited 30 Mar 2021 16:46]
Finding Jack Charlton on 13:06 - Mar 31 with 481 viewsCenturion

Hi,

When was this broadcast and what channel? I missed it and would like to see it.

Thanks.
Finding Jack Charlton on 13:11 - Mar 31 with 473 viewshedgeend61

Finding Jack Charlton on 13:06 - Mar 31 by Centurion

Hi,

When was this broadcast and what channel? I missed it and would like to see it.

Thanks.

Monday BBC2 9pm.

Great watch.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024