Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Everton 09:38 - Apr 20 with 3056 viewssolent_toffee

Not exactly sitting on the fence here....

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/breaking-everton-eu
Everton on 09:57 - Apr 20 with 2354 viewsButty101

Lets be honest, they are only annoyed as they havent been invited to the party.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Everton on 10:05 - Apr 20 with 2342 viewsChesham_Saint

I actually think they’re sincere and EFC have gone up in my estimation as a result. Whilst I’m sure that tvvat At Newcastle would jump at the chance I think quite a few clubs wouldn’t.

I’ve also noticed on Twitter that most of the “fans” supporting the idea seem to be from places like S Africa and the Far East. Fvck them.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Everton on 10:17 - Apr 20 with 2326 viewssolent_toffee

Everton on 09:57 - Apr 20 by Butty101

Lets be honest, they are only annoyed as they havent been invited to the party.

Nah, Everton have too much integrity to get involved in these dirty conversations.

As I’ve said before Everton might be crap on the field, off the field they are fantastic.
Everton on 10:25 - Apr 20 with 2317 viewsdirk_doone

Everton on 10:05 - Apr 20 by Chesham_Saint

I actually think they’re sincere and EFC have gone up in my estimation as a result. Whilst I’m sure that tvvat At Newcastle would jump at the chance I think quite a few clubs wouldn’t.

I’ve also noticed on Twitter that most of the “fans” supporting the idea seem to be from places like S Africa and the Far East. Fvck them.

On the TV news report I watched, the fan they found in favour of it was an Inter Milan fan in China. They obviously struggled to find anyone local.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Everton on 10:45 - Apr 20 with 2296 viewsNewdawn2014

And us , but we are crappper on the field .
really eloquent letter , that makes the point.
Everton on 11:00 - Apr 20 with 2280 viewsSaintNick

Everton on 10:17 - Apr 20 by solent_toffee

Nah, Everton have too much integrity to get involved in these dirty conversations.

As I’ve said before Everton might be crap on the field, off the field they are fantastic.

Good on Everton to come out and it should also be noted that Liverpool supporters groups were amongst the first to condemn it alongside several of the other Big Six clubs.

In the Football Supporters Association the groups that do the most work to protect the fans are those from Liverpool, Everton, Man Utd, Chelsea Arsenal & Spurs, they have a hard core of supporters who definitely do not want their clubs in a super league and although it is easy to tar the supporters of those clubs with the same brush, it is the worldwide fanbase the clubs are trying to exploit and there are good supporters of all those clubs who hate what their clubs have become.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Everton on 11:42 - Apr 20 with 2241 viewscynicalsaint

Everton on 11:00 - Apr 20 by SaintNick

Good on Everton to come out and it should also be noted that Liverpool supporters groups were amongst the first to condemn it alongside several of the other Big Six clubs.

In the Football Supporters Association the groups that do the most work to protect the fans are those from Liverpool, Everton, Man Utd, Chelsea Arsenal & Spurs, they have a hard core of supporters who definitely do not want their clubs in a super league and although it is easy to tar the supporters of those clubs with the same brush, it is the worldwide fanbase the clubs are trying to exploit and there are good supporters of all those clubs who hate what their clubs have become.

What a load of sanctimonious bollox.

EPL chairmen have been quite happy to line their own pockets at the expense of the wider pyramid down the years. Ticket prices, TV deals, kick off times, cup replays, winter breaks to allow overseas friendlies, parachute payments - all about the rich getting richer so there is nothing new here.

The only difference this time is that there are 6 clubs involved not 20.

They haven't given a crap about their 'loyal fanbase' for getting on for two decades (maybe more) so it smells like rank hypocrisy for them to object in the name of the fans now their snouts have been pushed out of the trough.
Everton on 12:11 - Apr 20 with 2199 viewsSadoldgit

Living up to your name I see! 😉
I don’t agree. I do agree that there has been plenty of self interest in the past but I do think that many clubs take a wider view and do support football at grass roots level and are only greedy up to a point. This is just a step way too far and I do believe that a number of clubs would turn down an invitation to join this bunch - not least because they will have seen the negative reaction from true football people.
Login to get fewer ads

Everton on 12:32 - Apr 20 with 2174 viewscynicalsaint

Everton on 12:11 - Apr 20 by Sadoldgit

Living up to your name I see! 😉
I don’t agree. I do agree that there has been plenty of self interest in the past but I do think that many clubs take a wider view and do support football at grass roots level and are only greedy up to a point. This is just a step way too far and I do believe that a number of clubs would turn down an invitation to join this bunch - not least because they will have seen the negative reaction from true football people.

"greedy to a point" - thats the whole point. the proposal threatens their business model (a step too far in terms you have used) so they are up in arms.

I get it and I would have no issue with the 14 outsiders (and others) making an argument about the hit this will have on their P&L but challenging it on the basis of the impact it will have on lower league clubs and the interest of fans just rings hollow.

I guess i shouldn't be surprised - loyal fans when they need us / customers when they don't.
Everton on 12:43 - Apr 20 with 2150 viewsTripleNiemi

Everton on 10:05 - Apr 20 by Chesham_Saint

Chesham, i think (blinkers aside here) that if you go through all of those 6 clubs from the PL you might be surprised. I would go so far as to say, that the (homegrown / uk fanbase) is anti this and against their clubs. Those crying out for this are true armchsir fans from the far flung places as you say, USA, Middle East etc. The green and yellow brigade at United have been crying out against their owner for years and now, and only now have Neville et al cottoned on that they were right.

Whilst we call Manc and Scouse fans plastics when they come from London say, at this particular time the real plastics now are Japs, Chinese, Yanks etc etc.

The Domestic leagues need to kick them out so they are in effect in Limbo (but won't as they are bricking it probably).
[Post edited 20 Apr 2021 12:45]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Everton on 13:17 - Apr 20 with 2091 viewssolent_toffee

Everton on 12:32 - Apr 20 by cynicalsaint

"greedy to a point" - thats the whole point. the proposal threatens their business model (a step too far in terms you have used) so they are up in arms.

I get it and I would have no issue with the 14 outsiders (and others) making an argument about the hit this will have on their P&L but challenging it on the basis of the impact it will have on lower league clubs and the interest of fans just rings hollow.

I guess i shouldn't be surprised - loyal fans when they need us / customers when they don't.

Again I’m going to big Everton up here. Everything they do at the club has the interest of the fans and the community. A few minutes before this statement, I had an email from the CEO, different from the full one, but outlying their thoughts. The same has happened throughout the pandemic. Likewise Everton In The Community and is driven from the top.

As for not supporting clubs at the lower end, Everton tried to help Bury a few years back. They also loan a lot of players out to lower league clubs whilst paying their full wages, medical bills etc (this is not always the case). I don’t think Everton’s integrity throughout the football pyramid is in question.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-50184255.a
Everton on 13:48 - Apr 20 with 2053 viewsChesham_Saint

Everton on 12:43 - Apr 20 by TripleNiemi

Chesham, i think (blinkers aside here) that if you go through all of those 6 clubs from the PL you might be surprised. I would go so far as to say, that the (homegrown / uk fanbase) is anti this and against their clubs. Those crying out for this are true armchsir fans from the far flung places as you say, USA, Middle East etc. The green and yellow brigade at United have been crying out against their owner for years and now, and only now have Neville et al cottoned on that they were right.

Whilst we call Manc and Scouse fans plastics when they come from London say, at this particular time the real plastics now are Japs, Chinese, Yanks etc etc.

The Domestic leagues need to kick them out so they are in effect in Limbo (but won't as they are bricking it probably).
[Post edited 20 Apr 2021 12:45]

I agree with most of what you say Trips. It’s the views of the far flung plastics I disregard. I don’t have a problem with local mancs and scousers following their team. As to all clubs being greedy I see that Toffs has explained how good Everton are, but I have to say Saints seem to do a lot for the locals too with the community trust thingy. I imagine other clubs do as well?

Everton on 14:05 - Apr 20 with 2028 viewssolent_toffee

Everton on 13:48 - Apr 20 by Chesham_Saint

I agree with most of what you say Trips. It’s the views of the far flung plastics I disregard. I don’t have a problem with local mancs and scousers following their team. As to all clubs being greedy I see that Toffs has explained how good Everton are, but I have to say Saints seem to do a lot for the locals too with the community trust thingy. I imagine other clubs do as well?

Saints do a fantastic role in the community as do an awful lot of clubs, especially going down the football league, Pompey are amazing to be fair.

There are a number of clubs who aren’t so good even if they do make the very most of the five minutes on MOTD. Three of the super duper six for example.
Everton on 14:11 - Apr 20 with 2020 viewsSadoldgit

Everton on 12:32 - Apr 20 by cynicalsaint

I say greedy to a point because as a rule turkeys don’t vote for Christmas and there will always be an element of self interest in decisions taken, but this is completely different. Any club can be relegated from the top flight. Potentially Arsenal, Tottenham and Manchester United can be relegated next season. Although unlikely, United were relegated from the top flight in my lifetime as were Tottenham. Man City were a second division club when I was a kid. Leicester recently won the EPL against massive odds. What the break away clubs want is to do away with jeopardy and just rake in the cash year after year. It is unlikely that Spurs or Arsenal will qualify this season anyway which just goes to show what this is all about.
If they want to take their ball away and play elsewhere, fine. Just don’t expect to have your cake and eat it. Go and play your sterile super league fantasy football but do the decent think and don’t expect to carry on here as if nothing has happened. If you go, you go and you give up your position here.
Everton on 14:32 - Apr 20 with 2003 viewsChesham_Saint

Everton on 14:11 - Apr 20 by Sadoldgit

I say greedy to a point because as a rule turkeys don’t vote for Christmas and there will always be an element of self interest in decisions taken, but this is completely different. Any club can be relegated from the top flight. Potentially Arsenal, Tottenham and Manchester United can be relegated next season. Although unlikely, United were relegated from the top flight in my lifetime as were Tottenham. Man City were a second division club when I was a kid. Leicester recently won the EPL against massive odds. What the break away clubs want is to do away with jeopardy and just rake in the cash year after year. It is unlikely that Spurs or Arsenal will qualify this season anyway which just goes to show what this is all about.
If they want to take their ball away and play elsewhere, fine. Just don’t expect to have your cake and eat it. Go and play your sterile super league fantasy football but do the decent think and don’t expect to carry on here as if nothing has happened. If you go, you go and you give up your position here.

Spot on there, Soggsy.

Everton on 15:10 - Apr 20 with 1973 viewsTripleNiemi

Everton on 14:11 - Apr 20 by Sadoldgit

Basically these 6 clubs have spent well beyond their means and in 'normal times' this would not pose so much of an issue. Now, due to the Pandemic there are shortfalls and these greedy fcukin owners are feeling financially exposed and want an increased (guaranteed) regular income.

Whilst provincial clubs / fans slate their owners i dont think the majority have been run as haphazardly as those trying to maintain their top 4 status.

Fcuk 'em and then some.

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Everton on 16:34 - Apr 20 with 1921 viewssolent_toffee

Everton on 15:10 - Apr 20 by TripleNiemi

Basically these 6 clubs have spent well beyond their means and in 'normal times' this would not pose so much of an issue. Now, due to the Pandemic there are shortfalls and these greedy fcukin owners are feeling financially exposed and want an increased (guaranteed) regular income.

Whilst provincial clubs / fans slate their owners i dont think the majority have been run as haphazardly as those trying to maintain their top 4 status.

Fcuk 'em and then some.

Barcelona spent the best part of 500 million on Dembele, Coutinho and Griezmann. Real Madrid have lived beyond their means for years and years, selling their training ground to the local authority, the same local authority who already owned. Both of them are in massive debt.

Can you imagine Madrid passing down any of this money as Perez has mentioned!
Everton on 17:04 - Apr 20 with 1893 viewscocklebreath

No doubt the owners are scummy as hell but the players and agents have helped cause this, the wages at pretty much every club are unsustainable, what other industries do this? It’s madness and needs to be sorted, world wide wage cap, fook the greedy players.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Everton on 17:52 - Apr 20 with 1855 viewskingslandstand1

Everton on 11:42 - Apr 20 by cynicalsaint

What a load of sanctimonious bollox.

EPL chairmen have been quite happy to line their own pockets at the expense of the wider pyramid down the years. Ticket prices, TV deals, kick off times, cup replays, winter breaks to allow overseas friendlies, parachute payments - all about the rich getting richer so there is nothing new here.

The only difference this time is that there are 6 clubs involved not 20.

They haven't given a crap about their 'loyal fanbase' for getting on for two decades (maybe more) so it smells like rank hypocrisy for them to object in the name of the fans now their snouts have been pushed out of the trough.

A question was asked this morning as to whether any of the "other 14" owners if asked to join the gang of 12 or 15 or 20 or however many clubs they believe it would go to, would actually have said yes

The general consensus was that they probably would have. Not so sure now with all the furore caused

Simon Jordan also asked one fan (Arsenal I think?) that phoned in noting that as 91% of tv income went to the Premier League clubs would he be prepared to reduce that difference. He said yes, but I don't believe him!
Everton on 07:13 - Apr 21 with 1717 viewscynicalsaint

Everton on 13:17 - Apr 20 by solent_toffee

Again I’m going to big Everton up here. Everything they do at the club has the interest of the fans and the community. A few minutes before this statement, I had an email from the CEO, different from the full one, but outlying their thoughts. The same has happened throughout the pandemic. Likewise Everton In The Community and is driven from the top.

As for not supporting clubs at the lower end, Everton tried to help Bury a few years back. They also loan a lot of players out to lower league clubs whilst paying their full wages, medical bills etc (this is not always the case). I don’t think Everton’s integrity throughout the football pyramid is in question.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-50184255.a

No question Everton are great at branding - throwing a few crumbs from the table makes for good PR but ultimately thats all it is.
Everton on 08:49 - Apr 21 with 1663 viewssolent_toffee

Everton on 07:13 - Apr 21 by cynicalsaint

No question Everton are great at branding - throwing a few crumbs from the table makes for good PR but ultimately thats all it is.

You clearly haven’t got a clue what you’re talking about. Loads of work gets done with publicity and gets done because the club has a commitment to the local community, it is the same with Saints and the same with Pompey. It has got zero to do with branding other than the power of the badge being a great way to engage people.
Everton on 09:56 - Apr 21 with 1644 viewscynicalsaint

Everton on 08:49 - Apr 21 by solent_toffee

You clearly haven’t got a clue what you’re talking about. Loads of work gets done with publicity and gets done because the club has a commitment to the local community, it is the same with Saints and the same with Pompey. It has got zero to do with branding other than the power of the badge being a great way to engage people.

A commitment to the local community which (a) costs next to nothing in the grand scheme of things and (b) helps to perpetuate the gravy train for the owner.

Guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this - i don't see Everton or any of the other teams at the top table promoting real structural change that would benefit the fans or the wider sport. They pay (affordable) lip service to the fans (some more, some less) but it's just a benevolent dictatorship so far as i can see. Opium for the masses.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 9:57]
Everton on 10:08 - Apr 21 with 1628 viewssolent_toffee

Everton on 09:56 - Apr 21 by cynicalsaint

A commitment to the local community which (a) costs next to nothing in the grand scheme of things and (b) helps to perpetuate the gravy train for the owner.

Guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this - i don't see Everton or any of the other teams at the top table promoting real structural change that would benefit the fans or the wider sport. They pay (affordable) lip service to the fans (some more, some less) but it's just a benevolent dictatorship so far as i can see. Opium for the masses.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 9:57]

Bloody hell you are cynical aren’t you?

In terms of structural change, Everton appointed their CEO from a similar position that she held on the community side of the club, making a direct connection from how the club is run aligned with how the community side of things, with the fans/community right at the heart of it,

This was reflected in the ground move. Everton have gone above and beyond to ensure that local people were consulted from the very start of the project, from the area around Goodison to the new area around BMD, From this there will be a legacy when Everton leaves Goodison, rather than selling it for houses to make money, it will be regenerated to the benefit the community. In the past couple of years Everton have already built a free school (similar to a PRU for neets) right next to the ground as well as creating a disability hub and a number of homeless houses (following a campaign from the Under 23 team). They haven’t done this to sell more shirts or to get better TV rights in China or to sell more tickets (Everton sell out every home game and have done for years).

They see a need and they respond to it. Crack on though and be cynical.
Everton on 19:48 - Apr 21 with 1490 viewscynicalsaint

Everton on 10:08 - Apr 21 by solent_toffee

Bloody hell you are cynical aren’t you?

In terms of structural change, Everton appointed their CEO from a similar position that she held on the community side of the club, making a direct connection from how the club is run aligned with how the community side of things, with the fans/community right at the heart of it,

This was reflected in the ground move. Everton have gone above and beyond to ensure that local people were consulted from the very start of the project, from the area around Goodison to the new area around BMD, From this there will be a legacy when Everton leaves Goodison, rather than selling it for houses to make money, it will be regenerated to the benefit the community. In the past couple of years Everton have already built a free school (similar to a PRU for neets) right next to the ground as well as creating a disability hub and a number of homeless houses (following a campaign from the Under 23 team). They haven’t done this to sell more shirts or to get better TV rights in China or to sell more tickets (Everton sell out every home game and have done for years).

They see a need and they respond to it. Crack on though and be cynical.

Keep drinking the kool-aid
Everton on 07:53 - Apr 22 with 1419 viewsSaintNick

Everton on 19:48 - Apr 21 by cynicalsaint

Keep drinking the kool-aid

I think it should be noted here that in the last few days Everton fans have been very prominent in the fight against the European Super League, I have seen plenty of other clubs supporters stand up and show solidarity, but I have yet to see a picture of even one single home made banner hung at St Mary's in protest.

So perhaps next time we slag off the fans of the Big Six and indeed other clubs, we should consider what we as fans have done in this battle.

The answer is sit back and moan about it on social media but do absolutely nothing.

Everton as a football club do a lot of work in the community as do Liverpool whose fan groups work tirelessly for the community and both groups work alongside each other.

25 years ago Saints had a proud tradition of fan group involvement, yet now we have nothing

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024