Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread: Doncaster H 14:17 - May 1 with 21124 views442Dale

Lynch, McLaughlin, Keohane, OConnell, Osho, Morley, Rathbone, Lund, Grant, Done, Beesley.

It says on OS that Shaughnessy fit enough to be on the bench so may have a knock. Not really sure why we’ve changed the formation.

Oh and you can bet Doncaster’s young sub keeper will come on and save a penalty to send us down.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread: Doncaster H on 17:31 - May 1 with 2871 viewsFrog

Going off the thinking of someone on the board, the last 5 games warrant another contract extension.....
Match thread: Doncaster H on 17:40 - May 1 with 2771 viewsJamest1994

Match thread: Doncaster H on 17:29 - May 1 by Dalenet

I agree we definitely weren't the worst side and we had players capable of a mid table finish. BBM tactics cost us our League One status.

But most of the team needs to be replaced and nobody knows whether we can compete in League Two yet

The team is average league 2 standard, no way capable of a mid table finish. BBM's tactics have been poor throughout the season, overcomplicating things with average players, but having lost the likes of Hendo, camps, alby in the summer and replaced them with non league players and inexperienced loans, it was always going to be a relegation fight.
Match thread: Doncaster H on 17:43 - May 1 with 2719 viewsCedar_Room

It’s impossible to know but for me if we’d have changed managers in the new year - halted the awful run of form and changed tactics to suit the players we had I believe we’d have been safe. There are some seasons you think well there’s players just weren’t good enough. I’m not sure if that’s true of this group. This is by no means a vintage squad but we’ve shown enough quality at various times for me to think the thing that has really caused this is BBM.
Match thread: Doncaster H on 17:49 - May 1 with 2662 viewskel

Match thread: Doncaster H on 17:43 - May 1 by Cedar_Room

It’s impossible to know but for me if we’d have changed managers in the new year - halted the awful run of form and changed tactics to suit the players we had I believe we’d have been safe. There are some seasons you think well there’s players just weren’t good enough. I’m not sure if that’s true of this group. This is by no means a vintage squad but we’ve shown enough quality at various times for me to think the thing that has really caused this is BBM.

Pretty much sums it up for me. To a certain extent BBM has been backed but his stubbornness has cost us big time.
Match thread: Doncaster H on 17:50 - May 1 with 2647 viewsJames1980

Match thread: Doncaster H on 17:18 - May 1 by nordenblue

Jesus christ that surely must be a wind up James, even if we had signed a left back he would of either been out injured or played on the right wing...

BBM hasn't a fooking clue if he's having a shit or a shave most the time

Not entirely. OK they had 4 games in hand on us at the time and were 5 points ahead but we still had to play them twice. Did I misread when others have said we needed a proper left back?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Match thread: Doncaster H on 17:50 - May 1 with 2642 viewsfunkkk

We dragged it out for longer than most of us thought we could but, in the end, we got what the Board & BBM deserved.

It’s frustrating that I genuinely believe the squad that has been available to the manager over the course of the season was good enough to comfortably stay up.

I’d be surprised if any of EOC, Humps or Rathbone are here next season & have no faith in the board/BBM to replace them. I fully expect another tough season in L2 unless there are big changes.
Match thread: Doncaster H on 17:53 - May 1 with 2619 viewsIOMDale

Southend’s 101 year stay in the Football League ended today, suffering consecutive relegations. A very real danger that we’ll replicate their ‘effort’ by this time next year unless drastic measures are taken.

UTDNFS

Match thread: Doncaster H on 18:12 - May 1 with 2473 viewsBucketBstard

Match thread: Doncaster H on 16:59 - May 1 by richfoad32

Who lacked effort today then?

1. McLaughlin, he is a bloody shambles , nobody ever tell me he,s a decent player, hes a cowardly waste of oxygen .
2. Keohane , shocking today , non league standard performance at best.
3. Beesley , will look average when we get to the National Conference .
4. Osho , he may run out of defence but dear goodness he cant find a blue shirt when he passes.

We went down because of a pillock of a manager an idiotic CEO and a bunch of players never good enough for this division.
Play like that next season and relegation beckons again.
Login to get fewer ads

Match thread: Doncaster H on 18:16 - May 1 with 2454 viewsAtThePeake

Match thread: Doncaster H on 17:50 - May 1 by James1980

Not entirely. OK they had 4 games in hand on us at the time and were 5 points ahead but we still had to play them twice. Did I misread when others have said we needed a proper left back?

No you didn't James, and we did need a left-back - which is why we probably should have had a plan B in place for when Blackpool didn't allow us to take Mitchell. A lack of plan B is a bit of a theme, this season eh?

I don't think anyone is arguing that a left-back would've helped, but to suggest a left-back would've took us from a team that's been relegated to play-off chasers is probably overstating it ever so slightly, especially when Keohane has been one of our better performers in the last few months anyway.

You seem to haven taken it upon yourself to blame literally anything but the manager but the reality is that our results this season have been affected far more by his tactics, his philosophy and his naivety than by the lack of a loanee left-back for the final few months of the campaign.

Tangled up in blue.

Match thread: Doncaster H on 18:22 - May 1 with 2401 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Doncaster H on 17:50 - May 1 by James1980

We did, James, but still not having one on the final day of the transfer window was negligent. Blackpool had every right to hold onto him, if that's what they did, but there must surely have been other left-backs available somewhere in the country at the time.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match thread: Doncaster H on 18:25 - May 1 with 2375 viewsJames1980

Match thread: Doncaster H on 18:16 - May 1 by AtThePeake

No you didn't James, and we did need a left-back - which is why we probably should have had a plan B in place for when Blackpool didn't allow us to take Mitchell. A lack of plan B is a bit of a theme, this season eh?

I don't think anyone is arguing that a left-back would've helped, but to suggest a left-back would've took us from a team that's been relegated to play-off chasers is probably overstating it ever so slightly, especially when Keohane has been one of our better performers in the last few months anyway.

You seem to haven taken it upon yourself to blame literally anything but the manager but the reality is that our results this season have been affected far more by his tactics, his philosophy and his naivety than by the lack of a loanee left-back for the final few months of the campaign.

I would agree BBM is to blame but not 100%. As I said before I don't agree with history's great man theory.

Match thread: Doncaster H on 18:25 - May 1 with 2374 views442Dale

Match thread: Doncaster H on 18:16 - May 1 by AtThePeake

Spot on with the reality statement.

It was all encapsulated in that third Wimbledon goal. There isn’t even a debate anymore.

Match thread: Doncaster H on 18:28 - May 1 with 2336 views442Dale

Match thread: Doncaster H on 18:25 - May 1 by James1980

I would agree BBM is to blame but not 100%. As I said before I don't agree with history's great man theory.

Of course not 100%, unfortunately he remained in situ to ensure that he was a great part of that percentage. It’s been a miserable failure of a season, mainly because it’s been so avoidable.

Match thread: Doncaster H on 18:33 - May 1 with 2274 viewsrichfoad32

Match thread: Doncaster H on 18:12 - May 1 by BucketBstard

1. McLaughlin, he is a bloody shambles , nobody ever tell me he,s a decent player, hes a cowardly waste of oxygen .
2. Keohane , shocking today , non league standard performance at best.
3. Beesley , will look average when we get to the National Conference .
4. Osho , he may run out of defence but dear goodness he cant find a blue shirt when he passes.

We went down because of a pillock of a manager an idiotic CEO and a bunch of players never good enough for this division.
Play like that next season and relegation beckons again.

You've kind of answered with who you've deemed not good enough. It doesn't answer my original question about who supposedly 'didn't break a sweat today' but thanks anyway.
Match thread: Doncaster H on 18:44 - May 1 with 2147 viewsjudd

It really would not surprise me to hear that the CE is in tears at the players awards event, saying he’s not bothered about relegation and that this club is going on an amazing journey over the next 5 years.

But the media team will probably edit that bit out.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Match thread: Doncaster H on 18:46 - May 1 with 2128 viewsnordenblue

I'd be very careful posting such things, while I agree with the sentiment there's a way to go about things, just be careful legally wise if posting such things on social media though.
Match thread: Doncaster H on 18:47 - May 1 with 2121 viewsrichfoad32

I know feelings are running high, but shouldn't you be treading carefully sending threats over t'interweb?
Match thread: Doncaster H on 18:52 - May 1 with 2061 viewsjudd

Match thread: Doncaster H on 18:46 - May 1 by nordenblue

I'd be very careful posting such things, while I agree with the sentiment there's a way to go about things, just be careful legally wise if posting such things on social media though.

Is that a reply to me?

Match thread: Doncaster H on 18:59 - May 1 with 2004 viewsIOMDale

Match thread: Doncaster H on 18:52 - May 1 by judd

Is that a reply to me?

MilnrowDale’s post has been removed but it was in reply to that.

UTDNFS

Match thread: Doncaster H on 19:17 - May 1 with 1890 viewsjudd

Match thread: Doncaster H on 18:59 - May 1 by IOMDale

MilnrowDale’s post has been removed but it was in reply to that.

Cheers

Match thread: Doncaster H on 19:30 - May 1 with 1798 viewsfitzochris

Match thread: Doncaster H on 18:44 - May 1 by judd

It really would not surprise me to hear that the CE is in tears at the players awards event, saying he’s not bothered about relegation and that this club is going on an amazing journey over the next 5 years.

But the media team will probably edit that bit out.

It’s absolutely disgusting. A complete charade that’s pulled the wool over many people’s eyes - mine included.

People will mobilise to get our club back and it will happen soon.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Match thread: Doncaster H on 19:39 - May 1 with 1721 viewsJames1980

Match thread: Doncaster H on 19:30 - May 1 by fitzochris

It’s absolutely disgusting. A complete charade that’s pulled the wool over many people’s eyes - mine included.

People will mobilise to get our club back and it will happen soon.

I said to someone after speaking to DB he seems OK, unless I have just been taken in by the glib superficial charm of a......

Match thread: Doncaster H on 20:08 - May 1 with 1609 viewsjonahwhereru

Match thread: Doncaster H on 17:53 - May 1 by IOMDale

Southend’s 101 year stay in the Football League ended today, suffering consecutive relegations. A very real danger that we’ll replicate their ‘effort’ by this time next year unless drastic measures are taken.

I live in Southend. To compare us to them is to compare chalk with cheese.
Their owner is a property developer who sold Roots Hall as soon as he could. We bought our ground.
Southend have had more tax winding up orders than there are wind up merchants on this forum. We have been no where close to one. They were always very good payers until they couldn’t meet any wages. We pay our players.
They sacked plenty of managers who disagreed with the owner. Dale have given most managers a fair crack, some to fair it could be argued.
That caused Southend had a massive player churn, until they served a transfer embargo and had to play just the kids. We have had small squads in post Hill days.
People think we are a club in crisis, by Southend stands we are a model of financial and business integrity.
They only way we will drop out of the league is if we recruit the wrong type of player to thrive in L2. Southend went out of the league because an individual pillaged the club and didn’t give a toss about football.
Dale are a million miles away from replicating Southend.
UTD
[Post edited 1 May 2021 20:21]
Match thread: Doncaster H on 20:29 - May 1 with 1492 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

But for Covid19 this would have happened 12 months ago. That's the only thing that saved BBM from dismissal any earlier. He kept us up just the season before that, but has had his chance now. It is obvious he isn't cut out for management, the last 7 minutes at Wimbledon proved that all on its own.
Match thread: Doncaster H on 21:09 - May 1 with 1344 viewsIOMDale

Match thread: Doncaster H on 20:08 - May 1 by jonahwhereru

I live in Southend. To compare us to them is to compare chalk with cheese.
Their owner is a property developer who sold Roots Hall as soon as he could. We bought our ground.
Southend have had more tax winding up orders than there are wind up merchants on this forum. We have been no where close to one. They were always very good payers until they couldn’t meet any wages. We pay our players.
They sacked plenty of managers who disagreed with the owner. Dale have given most managers a fair crack, some to fair it could be argued.
That caused Southend had a massive player churn, until they served a transfer embargo and had to play just the kids. We have had small squads in post Hill days.
People think we are a club in crisis, by Southend stands we are a model of financial and business integrity.
They only way we will drop out of the league is if we recruit the wrong type of player to thrive in L2. Southend went out of the league because an individual pillaged the club and didn’t give a toss about football.
Dale are a million miles away from replicating Southend.
UTD
[Post edited 1 May 2021 20:21]

Sorry Jonah, you misunderstand me - I wasn’t making a direct comparison, simply pointing out that if the current mismanagement continues, that is where we could end up.

UTDNFS

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024