Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread: Doncaster H 14:17 - May 1 with 21134 views442Dale

Lynch, McLaughlin, Keohane, OConnell, Osho, Morley, Rathbone, Lund, Grant, Done, Beesley.

It says on OS that Shaughnessy fit enough to be on the bench so may have a knock. Not really sure why we’ve changed the formation.

Oh and you can bet Doncaster’s young sub keeper will come on and save a penalty to send us down.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread: Doncaster H on 20:48 - May 2 with 2862 viewsoff2div1

Match thread: Doncaster H on 18:04 - May 2 by finberty

I absolutely agree with what you said about Done. When played up front he alone seemed to know how to drive at opposing defences. He has been made scapegoat by being played as left back and then blamed for not excelling in that role.

I also agree with what you said about EOC. Most on here seemed resigned to losing him at the end of the season. Over the years we have been spoiled with some excellent CBs - I can go back as far as Joe Cooke, John Bramhall, Alan Reeves, Tony Brown, Gareth Griffiths, Craig Dawson. I'm sure I've missed many other good ones. I've never put EOC on a par with these.

Done turns it on at the end of the season. Are new contracts due??
Match thread: Doncaster H on 20:50 - May 2 with 2853 viewsIOMDale

Match thread: Doncaster H on 20:31 - May 2 by richfoad32

But do we have far better options now?

We don’t (as a club) but EOC will certainly have better options than us for next year.

UTDNFS

Match thread: Doncaster H on 20:58 - May 2 with 2802 viewsMass_Debater

Match thread: Doncaster H on 20:48 - May 2 by off2div1

How has he turned it on?
Match thread: Doncaster H on 08:14 - May 3 with 2506 viewsBillyRudd

Match thread: Doncaster H on 20:48 - May 2 by off2div1

"Done turns it on" when he,s actually played, when he,s played in his best position and when he,s given the correct service. Namely not pinged up front to him at 90 miles an hour in the air with a defender a foot taller than him breathing down his neck.
Match thread: Doncaster H on 08:57 - May 3 with 2439 viewsNafelad

Match thread: Doncaster H on 08:14 - May 3 by BillyRudd

"Done turns it on" when he,s actually played, when he,s played in his best position and when he,s given the correct service. Namely not pinged up front to him at 90 miles an hour in the air with a defender a foot taller than him breathing down his neck.

Totally agree with this, re. Done. I've been critical of Morley's performances, but he hasn't been played in his best position. Trying to compensate for not having an established left back, by his use of Done and Morley, has meant that we haven't seen either 'at their best', through most of the season.

Topcat

Match thread: Doncaster H on 09:07 - May 3 with 2420 viewstodmordendale

Following Saturday the club have not put out anything about relegation in the news section on their website yet.
Maybe, they are following the manager’s ideology and have not looked at the league table yet.
I really think it should be acknowledged what a terrible season it has been which could have been avoided with different decisions and different ideologies.
Match thread: Doncaster H on 09:11 - May 3 with 2408 viewsnordenblue

Match thread: Doncaster H on 09:07 - May 3 by todmordendale

Following Saturday the club have not put out anything about relegation in the news section on their website yet.
Maybe, they are following the manager’s ideology and have not looked at the league table yet.
I really think it should be acknowledged what a terrible season it has been which could have been avoided with different decisions and different ideologies.

You'll be very lucky and even honoured to receive any information out of the club, the man responsible is far far too busy don't you know... asking for any sort of apology over the absolute inept shite show thats been left to play out could well be a step too far
Match thread: Doncaster H on 09:16 - May 3 with 2392 viewsMass_Debater

Match thread: Doncaster H on 09:07 - May 3 by todmordendale

Its mentioned in the match report.
Login to get fewer ads

Match thread: Doncaster H on 09:53 - May 3 with 2338 views1907

Match thread: Doncaster H on 20:50 - May 2 by IOMDale

We don’t (as a club) but EOC will certainly have better options than us for next year.

Will he though? In a fan of EOC & would he thrilled if he was still here next season, but let’s look at the facts. He’s been an integral part of an abysmal defence for the last 2 years. Anybody looking from afar wouldn’t overly rate any of our defenders in my opinion. Good door in a bad street springs to mind.
Match thread: Doncaster H on 10:26 - May 3 with 2257 viewsAtThePeake

Match thread: Doncaster H on 09:53 - May 3 by 1907

Will he though? In a fan of EOC & would he thrilled if he was still here next season, but let’s look at the facts. He’s been an integral part of an abysmal defence for the last 2 years. Anybody looking from afar wouldn’t overly rate any of our defenders in my opinion. Good door in a bad street springs to mind.

Like how Hull sold Robertson to Liverpool and Maguire to Leicester after being relegated?

Other teams will look at O'Connell's performances (and let's not forget he deservedly won POTS last season) rather than the team's if they're potentially going to sign him.

Tangled up in blue.

Match thread: Doncaster H on 15:36 - May 3 with 1989 viewsJames1980

Match thread: Doncaster H on 12:32 - May 2 by Quigley_dale

Absolutely spot on.

Another post from Jimbo thats left me scratching my head🤔😂

Perhaps I was exaggerating the effect it had, I do really believe that it was underhand of Blackpool to pull the rug from under us at the 11th hour, perhaps they just exploited the poor planning/naivety/inexperience of our management team.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Match thread: Doncaster H on 16:20 - May 3 with 1918 viewsnordenblue

Match thread: Doncaster H on 15:36 - May 3 by James1980

Perhaps I was exaggerating the effect it had, I do really believe that it was underhand of Blackpool to pull the rug from under us at the 11th hour, perhaps they just exploited the poor planning/naivety/inexperience of our management team.

Or just ridiculously naive of us to just rely on one specific target to certainly sign for us, if not we're bolloxd... amateur
Match thread: Doncaster H on 17:54 - May 3 with 1769 viewsJames1980

Match thread: Doncaster H on 16:20 - May 3 by nordenblue

Or just ridiculously naive of us to just rely on one specific target to certainly sign for us, if not we're bolloxd... amateur

Weren't there trialists in the bounce games though? I'd like to think at least one of those was a potential LB. Also do we know that discussions weren't taking with other clubs and the timing of Blackpool pulling the plug meant it was too late to follow up on any of those.

Match thread: Doncaster H on 18:23 - May 3 with 1732 viewsnordenblue

Match thread: Doncaster H on 17:54 - May 3 by James1980

Weren't there trialists in the bounce games though? I'd like to think at least one of those was a potential LB. Also do we know that discussions weren't taking with other clubs and the timing of Blackpool pulling the plug meant it was too late to follow up on any of those.

Your point is pretty tame James regardless.....we could have signed Paolo fooking Maldini and we'd still get spanked every week, such was the reluctance to change the bloody obvious all over the pitch,it was pretty irrelevant who was at left back.
Match thread: Doncaster H on 19:20 - May 3 with 1636 viewsAtThePeake

Match thread: Doncaster H on 17:54 - May 3 by James1980

One of them was Odoh who has since signed and appears to be a winger/forward. The other was a centre back.

Tangled up in blue.

Match thread: Doncaster H on 19:38 - May 3 with 1596 viewsEllDale

From what I can gather we put all our eggs in the Blackpool basket as regards that particular position.
We still found time at the eleventh hour on deadline day though to sign a forward from Blackburn in Vale who barely featured yet whose selection for Wales caused use to postpone two games when we’d actually started to gain some momentum.
Small margins.
Match thread: Doncaster H on 20:54 - May 3 with 1491 viewsJames1980

Match thread: Doncaster H on 19:20 - May 3 by AtThePeake

One of them was Odoh who has since signed and appears to be a winger/forward. The other was a centre back.

Seems a bit daft unless they thought the CB might have been able to do a job at LB. I do believe we rue not signing one though. A dedicated decent LB would have meant being able to play Done as a forward on more occasions. Keohane could have been used in his proper position more often which might have led to resting/dropping players when necessary. Of course they probably would have tripped up a kerb going to the shops and not featured.

Elldale
Postponing for the international break was due to Baah, Vale, Grant and Bazunu being out of the squad. I can see why we chose to push those games back. The injuries that occurred/persisted after the break didn't help matter. I got the impression they were expecting Lund & Humphrys back earlier than they were and Jimmy Ryan might have been able to feature before the season was over.

Match thread: Doncaster H on 21:03 - May 3 with 1462 viewsEllDale

Does anyone on here know what Keohane’s best position is?
As I understand it he was signed as a midfield player and was only pressed into service as an emergency right back against Southend in April 2019?
At Exeter I believe he played as a number 10 and looked the part at times?
Unfortunately the fact that he could play at left back meant that the need to sign one wasn’t as demanding as it should have beem.
Match thread: Doncaster H on 11:13 - May 4 with 1140 viewsfinberty

Match thread: Doncaster H on 21:03 - May 3 by EllDale

Does anyone on here know what Keohane’s best position is?
As I understand it he was signed as a midfield player and was only pressed into service as an emergency right back against Southend in April 2019?
At Exeter I believe he played as a number 10 and looked the part at times?
Unfortunately the fact that he could play at left back meant that the need to sign one wasn’t as demanding as it should have beem.

I understood the same, ED.

It all goes to the make do and mend, 'it'll be alright on the night policy' - in keeping with pitching an 18 year old kid into nets, behind some infirm or unreliable defenders. Older supporters would never be under the illusion they were watching the 'next Keith Welch'.

Keohane has chipped in with a number of important goals this season. I know that people may point to some moments of culpability in defence, but this is the exact outcome that can be expected by not using actual defenders. It's the same with Done, not only using him to patch up the defence but weakening our front line at the very same time.

What I will say, in defence of both Keohane and Done, is that neither of them 'went missing', when others did.
Match thread: Doncaster H on 11:41 - May 4 with 1097 views49thseason

Match thread: Doncaster H on 11:13 - May 4 by finberty

It all goes to the make do and mend, 'it'll be alright on the night policy' - in keeping with pitching an 18 year old kid into nets, behind some infirm or unreliable defenders. Older supporters would never be under the illusion they were watching the 'next Keith Welch'.

Keohane has chipped in with a number of important goals this season. I know that people may point to some moments of culpability in defence, but this is the exact outcome that can be expected by not using actual defenders. It's the same with Done, not only using him to patch up the defence but weakening our front line at the very same time.

What I will say, in defence of both Keohane and Done, is that neither of them 'went missing', when others did.

Not sure I agree about Done, he only seemed to come to life in the latter part of the season when he realised that relegation was a distinct possibility and that any new contract would be at L2 rates. For most of the season as a senior pro, he has not contributed enough. One more year on a much reduced contract would be the most I would offer.
Match thread: Doncaster H on 11:50 - May 4 with 1078 viewsAtThePeake

Match thread: Doncaster H on 11:41 - May 4 by 49thseason

Not sure I agree about Done, he only seemed to come to life in the latter part of the season when he realised that relegation was a distinct possibility and that any new contract would be at L2 rates. For most of the season as a senior pro, he has not contributed enough. One more year on a much reduced contract would be the most I would offer.

Agreed. It was the same with Done's last contract. He was pretty awful up until the final few weeks of the season then managed to get himself a new two year deal thanks to a handful of better displays after BBM came in.

He's been a very good servant for us over the years but I don't really want to see him stay any longer. He's been inconsistent at best in the last four seasons and will turn 33 before next season starts. Time to move on.

Tangled up in blue.

Match thread: Doncaster H on 11:54 - May 4 with 1059 viewsdawlishdale

Match thread: Doncaster H on 11:13 - May 4 by finberty

Very much agree with this. Keohane has done well for us when he has played in a wide midfield role, but less so defensively. However; it really isn't his fault that he has played so much of the season in a position that he really shouldn't be asked to cover.
Done however spent the first few months of the season looking disinterested, and almost afraid. He has improved hugely in the last couple of weeks, but the cynic in me wonders if it's because his (expensive) contract is up and he wants another club.

Looking at the Official Site, it's staggering how many backroom staff we now employ, and they will collectively cost a small fortune. It is this kind of mismanagement that has left us woefully short in terms of a first team squad imho, and because DB just can't grasp simple business strategy like this that he just has to go.
Match thread: Doncaster H on 12:04 - May 4 with 1030 viewsD_Alien

Match thread: Doncaster H on 11:54 - May 4 by dawlishdale

Very much agree with this. Keohane has done well for us when he has played in a wide midfield role, but less so defensively. However; it really isn't his fault that he has played so much of the season in a position that he really shouldn't be asked to cover.
Done however spent the first few months of the season looking disinterested, and almost afraid. He has improved hugely in the last couple of weeks, but the cynic in me wonders if it's because his (expensive) contract is up and he wants another club.

Looking at the Official Site, it's staggering how many backroom staff we now employ, and they will collectively cost a small fortune. It is this kind of mismanagement that has left us woefully short in terms of a first team squad imho, and because DB just can't grasp simple business strategy like this that he just has to go.

Oh, he understands business strategy alright - it's just not the strategy that's of any value to Dale. It's entirely self-serving - surrounding himself with employees who for one reason or another are grateful to be in work due to his aegis

It's time people realised he's not "out of his depth" or short on business skills - it's all very calculating and designed to protect his own back

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match thread: Doncaster H on 12:19 - May 4 with 992 viewsseasidedale

Contracts for next season I believe the player has to be offered improved or the same rates as the expiring contract or they are entitled to a free, think this will be interesting as to who is offered terms
Match thread: Doncaster H on 12:47 - May 4 with 930 viewsboromat

Thought with the social media blackout ending yesterday we might have had something from the club. At the moment it's as if they're ignoring the fact we've been relegated. Good job they're working really hard to improve communication.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024