Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Newcastle 22:25 - May 7 with 870 viewsA1079

What has happened to them recently? Some good results and a hell of a good win tonight which now takes them out of the equation of being at risk. Not so long ago I saw Newcastle in a couple of games and they looked dire but Bruce does seem to be able to get a fighting spirit out of his players when their backs are against the wall.
Newcastle on 08:16 - May 8 with 758 viewsgrumpy

Callum Wilson was a good buy for them at 20 million.
Perhaps we should have bid for him given that he was just down the road at Bournemouth.
Losing Evans during the warm up was a massive blow for them and me as I had him in my fantasy football team.
[Post edited 8 May 2021 8:21]
Newcastle on 08:27 - May 8 with 751 viewsTripleNiemi

Newcastle on 08:16 - May 8 by grumpy

Perhaps we should have bid for him given that he was just down the road at Bournemouth.
Losing Evans during the warm up was a massive blow for them and me as I had him in my fantasy football team.

20 Million Rupees?

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Newcastle on 08:33 - May 8 with 741 viewsgrumpy

Newcastle on 08:27 - May 8 by TripleNiemi

20 Million Rupees?

No! Renminbi, we could afford that.
Newcastle on 08:44 - May 8 with 727 viewsBerber

They are now fielding 3 fast players who know how to, and regularly do, SCORE GOALS. But they are very one dimensional, swift counters is the only weapon they have,
Newcastle on 08:49 - May 8 with 725 viewsMattFinish

Newcastle on 08:16 - May 8 by grumpy

Hey Grumps, hope you're well.
Think we were linked but wouldn't pay the fee or wages.
When we lost to them at Newcastle they bought on a Swedish international right back and a £40m striker off the bench. They had £20m Ryan Frazer on the bench, plus Gayle and Ritchie (£22)
We had our youth team on the bench
I'm not surprised they've moved clear.
Newcastle on 09:39 - May 8 with 669 viewskingslandstand1

Good job we've got 2 games in hand over them, 3 easy points tonight and we'll go back above them
Newcastle on 10:37 - May 8 with 618 viewsgrumpy

Newcastle on 08:49 - May 8 by MattFinish

Hey Grumps, hope you're well.
Think we were linked but wouldn't pay the fee or wages.
When we lost to them at Newcastle they bought on a Swedish international right back and a £40m striker off the bench. They had £20m Ryan Frazer on the bench, plus Gayle and Ritchie (£22)
We had our youth team on the bench
I'm not surprised they've moved clear.

I'm well, Matt, thanks.
Yes! our investment in the squad is very poor and its not surprising that when we pick up a few injuries to key players we struggle.
Ralph has puzzled me this season with some of his decision's but on the whole he has done as well as can be expected with a very thin squad.
Newcastle on 11:58 - May 8 with 578 viewsTripleNiemi

Newcastle on 10:37 - May 8 by grumpy

I'm well, Matt, thanks.
Yes! our investment in the squad is very poor and its not surprising that when we pick up a few injuries to key players we struggle.
Ralph has puzzled me this season with some of his decision's but on the whole he has done as well as can be expected with a very thin squad.

Next season is going to be tasty to say the least (especially if we lose a certain striker). Could it be our year?

Know this won't go down well on here, but with fans returning to grounds it could be the death knell as i think there will be some serious dripping. I for one think keeping the manager is key..........cue the abuse.
[Post edited 8 May 2021 12:04]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Login to get fewer ads

Newcastle on 12:01 - May 8 with 572 viewsMattFinish

I'm concerned for next season. All other clubs know that we will sell if there's an offer and I know Nick will say every club has their price, it just seems we're fair game more than others.

I can see Ings, Vestergaard and JWP going in the summer, and will the likes of Armstrong and KWP hang around in a club where it's clear there's going to be no investment.

I think the position of our owners' attitude to investment was made clear recently when they identified that the club needs a medical facility at Staplewood and have put in a planning application to site a Portakabin on a 3 year temporary permission. This is the sort of thing that you see non league clubs doing not Premier League clubs in the richest division in the world
Newcastle on 12:02 - May 8 with 567 viewsMattFinish

Newcastle on 11:58 - May 8 by TripleNiemi

Next season is going to be tasty to say the least (especially if we lose a certain striker). Could it be our year?

Know this won't go down well on here, but with fans returning to grounds it could be the death knell as i think there will be some serious dripping. I for one think keeping the manager is key..........cue the abuse.

I agree, I think Ralph has done miracles with a squad that should have been relegated
Newcastle on 12:34 - May 8 with 540 viewsTimSaint

Newcastle did to Leicester what we were about to do to them last week, before the referee intervened !!

TimSaint

Newcastle on 12:59 - May 8 with 514 viewskingslandstand1

Newcastle on 12:34 - May 8 by TimSaint

Newcastle did to Leicester what we were about to do to them last week, before the referee intervened !!

Leicester may have a cup final on their minds, which could be a mistake, but they probably only need one, maybe 2 more wins to get top 4

I just hope they don't get them
Newcastle on 13:04 - May 8 with 512 viewskingslandstand1

Newcastle on 12:01 - May 8 by MattFinish

I'm concerned for next season. All other clubs know that we will sell if there's an offer and I know Nick will say every club has their price, it just seems we're fair game more than others.

I can see Ings, Vestergaard and JWP going in the summer, and will the likes of Armstrong and KWP hang around in a club where it's clear there's going to be no investment.

I think the position of our owners' attitude to investment was made clear recently when they identified that the club needs a medical facility at Staplewood and have put in a planning application to site a Portakabin on a 3 year temporary permission. This is the sort of thing that you see non league clubs doing not Premier League clubs in the richest division in the world

This. Although the lack of investment has been muted for quite a while now when the word sustainability and not a milk cow or something got a mention.

Twitter was awash with Bertrand going yesterday, and our only form of investment will be once we've sold Ings and maybe Vestergard. Lots of Spurs rumours about him, but are they no news rumours?

I'd like to think that JWP and KWP will give us another season at least

As Nick will say these are all press rumours, but why are there no rumours about who we may be looking at to bring in? Yes, that is the way the club works by not opening mouths until done and dusted, but nevertheless, give us something to be positive about
Newcastle on 13:08 - May 8 with 501 viewskingslandstand1

Newcastle on 11:58 - May 8 by TripleNiemi

"cue the abuse."

Certainly not at you for that comment. He has a plan that may or may not work but he has openly said we need to improve the squad and if our big names start to go he will follow I'm sure. Then where else do we go to get a manager that will know he will not be able to invest in the squad
Newcastle on 15:05 - May 8 with 456 viewsgrumpy

Newcastle on 13:08 - May 8 by kingslandstand1

"cue the abuse."

Certainly not at you for that comment. He has a plan that may or may not work but he has openly said we need to improve the squad and if our big names start to go he will follow I'm sure. Then where else do we go to get a manager that will know he will not be able to invest in the squad

It does seem that to buy a player you have to sell one of your best ones.
Tell me where the sense is in that?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024