Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season tickets 2021/22 11:38 - May 24 with 1598 viewsstmichael

I know there are some people who will just renew endlessly whatever the circumstances.
For some it is the day out or get together with their mates.
For others its like being with an abusive partner you just carry on regardlessly because its what you do.
I've long said if I had to be taken to the game at 3pm and collected at 5pm and see nobody I 100% would not bother.
I'll be there because my 13 year old son will want me to renew our tickets and its quality time with him.
This will be a tough sell this pre season.
There is definitely an undercurrent of if you cant be bothered then why should I.
WBA with all their limitations and ultimate relegation made more of a fight of 2021 then we did and their supporters will probably feel pride in their team and hope for a promotion push next term.
We have the usual feelings of let down , frustration , anger...
Saints have literally stunk the Premier League out in 2021 and I am just glad the season is over and I don't have to stomach it anymore.

Poll: Do we bring back Bernard at the weekend or stick with Bree?

Season tickets 2021/22 on 11:47 - May 24 with 1579 viewsdwayne_dibley

so what was different from previous seasons?

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Season tickets 2021/22 on 13:28 - May 24 with 1493 viewsBerber

'Saints have literally stunk the Premier League out in 2021 '
But not as much as Fulham, West Brom of Sheffield Utd, thankfully.

ps I will be renewing, ever hopeful that things will be better, though they probably won't. But there will be some good football played, aside of the manyfold c0ck ups and inattention.
[Post edited 24 May 2021 13:38]
Season tickets 2021/22 on 15:10 - May 24 with 1441 viewsSaintNick

Stunk the Premier League out !!!!

We topped it for the first time in our history and for the first time since 1988 in the top flight.

There are around 90 clubs in the top four divisions who would love to have had the season we have had, yes it was a disappointing second half of the season, but a good one in the FA Cup where we reached a semi final, how many times has that happened in your lifetime Mike ?

The Premier League is now a closed shop at the top, come yesterday the Big Six occupied all but two of the top 8.

Everton spent £100 million so did Aston Villa, ultimately their seasons were even more unsuccessful than ours in terms of how much spent and where they finished, both spent about £80 million more than us yet only got £10 & £12 million more in prize money.

They are all spending big chasing a dream where ultimately they haven't got enough money to truly challenge the top 4 .

West Ham & Leicester were the only clubs that were truly successful outside of the Big six, West Ham spent less than they received in and got as good as it gets 6th place and Europe.

This was a season of two halves, if we stunk the Premier League out in the second half we were a breath of fresh air in the first.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Season tickets 2021/22 on 15:22 - May 24 with 1432 viewsButty101

Season tickets 2021/22 on 15:10 - May 24 by SaintNick

We topped it for the first time in our history and for the first time since 1988 in the top flight.

There are around 90 clubs in the top four divisions who would love to have had the season we have had, yes it was a disappointing second half of the season, but a good one in the FA Cup where we reached a semi final, how many times has that happened in your lifetime Mike ?

The Premier League is now a closed shop at the top, come yesterday the Big Six occupied all but two of the top 8.

Everton spent £100 million so did Aston Villa, ultimately their seasons were even more unsuccessful than ours in terms of how much spent and where they finished, both spent about £80 million more than us yet only got £10 & £12 million more in prize money.

They are all spending big chasing a dream where ultimately they haven't got enough money to truly challenge the top 4 .

West Ham & Leicester were the only clubs that were truly successful outside of the Big six, West Ham spent less than they received in and got as good as it gets 6th place and Europe.

This was a season of two halves, if we stunk the Premier League out in the second half we were a breath of fresh air in the first.

I would prefer to have Villas season. They have spent well and improved on last season. Handed a spanking to Liverpool and not got beat 9-0.

P.s. Matt Targett was Villas players player of the year

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Season tickets 2021/22 on 16:02 - May 24 with 1401 viewsDorsetIan

It's inaccurate to characterise us as having a good first half and then a bad second.

First two games we lost to Palace and were humiliated at home by Spurs.

We then had an unbelievable 10 game run, winning 7 and losing only 1. But the signs of our flakiness were there in the Villa game, and most of those wins were against weaker teams - e.g. Burnley, WBA, Newcastle. Brighton, Sheff U.

We then went 4 without a win, scoring only 1 goal (including 0-0 at Fulham), which took us to game 17 when were beat Liverpool.

Since then we've notched up 15 defeats, and it's been dreadful.

So I'd say that out of a 38 game season, we were a breath of fresh air for about a quarter of it, not a half.

The position we are in has developed over a number of seasons and transfer windows where we haven't adequately strengthened incrementally and we now find ourselves wanting in so many departments.

It'll be interesting to see what the summer brings (and takes away).

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Season tickets 2021/22 on 17:28 - May 24 with 1337 viewsstmichael

Not much to be fair..

Poll: Do we bring back Bernard at the weekend or stick with Bree?

Season tickets 2021/22 on 18:06 - May 24 with 1300 viewssolent_toffee

It’s been a strange season, in a strange world, for Everton this season. The squad Carlo inherited is piss poor, but he still managed to improve the points total by ten points from last season with only a handful of additions. The players he has brought in are an upgrade on what they have and this summer, he will hopefully do the same whilst getting more of the deadwood off the books.

If you ask most sane Everton fans they’d be quite happy with the progress being made. I don’t think you can compare the two clubs in terms of position and progress. Everton are looking to progress, Saints will be keeping an eye on Norwich, Watford and whoever wins the play off to see how they are shaping up for next season.
Season tickets 2021/22 on 18:53 - May 24 with 1253 viewsSaintNick

Season tickets 2021/22 on 15:22 - May 24 by Butty101

I would prefer to have Villas season. They have spent well and improved on last season. Handed a spanking to Liverpool and not got beat 9-0.

P.s. Matt Targett was Villas players player of the year

Villa had one exceptional result against Liverpool, but other than they they were just more consistent than us, we had a good cup run and nearly got to the cup final, they didn't.

Villa's good season was 11th, wasn't that much higher up than us, personally I would rather have had ours

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Login to get fewer ads

Season tickets 2021/22 on 19:14 - May 24 with 1230 viewsBicester_North

Season tickets 2021/22 on 18:53 - May 24 by SaintNick

Villa had one exceptional result against Liverpool, but other than they they were just more consistent than us, we had a good cup run and nearly got to the cup final, they didn't.

Villa's good season was 11th, wasn't that much higher up than us, personally I would rather have had ours

They had a few other great wins against top 6 clubs, didn’t get battered by anybody, and played some entertaining stuff.

Our cup run was good, although we beat 2 lower league sides and Wolves and Arsenal didn’t have their best players on for most of the matches.

The way we lost the semi final was the worst part of the entire season, worse than the 9-0. A weak, tame, limp display with virtually a full first team.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Season tickets 2021/22 on 19:34 - May 24 with 1204 viewssledger

good ist half of game/season stunk the place out 2nd half of game/season,saints in a nutshell,some of our players and the manager need to take a long f*cking look at themselves
Season tickets 2021/22 on 19:42 - May 24 with 1199 viewsMytchettSaint

Season tickets 2021/22 on 19:14 - May 24 by Bicester_North

They had a few other great wins against top 6 clubs, didn’t get battered by anybody, and played some entertaining stuff.

Our cup run was good, although we beat 2 lower league sides and Wolves and Arsenal didn’t have their best players on for most of the matches.

The way we lost the semi final was the worst part of the entire season, worse than the 9-0. A weak, tame, limp display with virtually a full first team.

The real low point for me this season was the Newcastle away game. That was worse than the semi final.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Season tickets 2021/22 on 21:13 - May 24 with 1142 viewsDorsetIan

Season tickets 2021/22 on 18:53 - May 24 by SaintNick

Villa finished with 12 points more than Saints. 4 more wins; 4 fewer defeats.

They scored 8 more goals and conceded 22 fewer goals.

They weren't 'just more consistent than us', they were better than us by a significant margin.

And they showed significant progress from 2019 20. 20 more points. A +34 shift in their goal difference and finishing 11th rather than 17th.

And you preferred our season, which you still describe as 'good' ???

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Season tickets 2021/22 on 22:03 - May 24 with 1105 viewsSaintsforeverj

We can talk about stats, and Villa but it is missing the point. Yes, we managed to collect enough points from the first half of the season. The dreadful capitulations in the second half are the worrying / unacceptable thing. The sudden incredibly steep plummet from the top to the bottom of the league is concerning to say the least. We have finished this season badly and we are constantly getting beaten up on the pitch. The attitude of the players stinks at times, and just because it didn't stink before Christmas, it doesn't mean we should accept downing tools since Christmas or we shouldn't wonder why players just stand there watching as we concede goal after goal. Fans are understandably annoyed.

The games against Leicester, Newcastle and West Brom were arguably disgusting. That is without mentioning the 9 nil. It is no consolation that we had some good results before Christmas. It still hurts. I doubt we will have such a good start next season, so ofcourse it's worrying. As I said in the other thread though, let's give Ralph the summer and hope it works out. It's possible it might but being Saints fans, most of us won't be holding our breath.
[Post edited 24 May 2021 22:10]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Season tickets 2021/22 on 00:02 - May 25 with 1028 viewsRon11

Season tickets 2021/22 on 21:13 - May 24 by DorsetIan

Villa finished with 12 points more than Saints. 4 more wins; 4 fewer defeats.

They scored 8 more goals and conceded 22 fewer goals.

They weren't 'just more consistent than us', they were better than us by a significant margin.

And they showed significant progress from 2019 20. 20 more points. A +34 shift in their goal difference and finishing 11th rather than 17th.

And you preferred our season, which you still describe as 'good' ???

'Conceded 22 fewer goals'.
That is the big Saints problem....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024