Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Liverpool Legend 18:33 - Jun 28 with 1453 viewsRon11

Just found ourselves sitting next to Sammy Lee and his wife in St Petroc's Bistro in Padstow.
What a lovely bloke, said he enjoyed his time at Saints, but cringed a bit at the 9-0 defeats!
Liverpool Legend on 21:00 - Jun 28 with 1325 viewskingslandstand1

He does come across as a decent bloke and a great loss when he left us on the coaching side
Liverpool Legend on 21:41 - Jun 28 with 1290 viewsA1079

I think we lost something on the sidelines Ron11 when Sammy Lee left. His passion was infectious but it was controlled and measured.

Most people cringe at the 9-0 defeats. I don't know anyone who thinks losing once by that scoreline as acceptable but to do it twice in a lifetime let alone in a 12 month period is a stain on the history of our club.
Liverpool Legend on 22:20 - Jun 28 with 1258 viewsSaintNick

Liverpool Legend on 21:41 - Jun 28 by A1079

I think we lost something on the sidelines Ron11 when Sammy Lee left. His passion was infectious but it was controlled and measured.

Most people cringe at the 9-0 defeats. I don't know anyone who thinks losing once by that scoreline as acceptable but to do it twice in a lifetime let alone in a 12 month period is a stain on the history of our club.

In 71/72 season we lost 8-0 at Everton, the following week we lost 5-2 at home to Manchester United, four months later we lost 7-0 at Leeds United, its not as if we are not used to the odd walloping every now and then.

In 1980/81 we lost 7-1 at 2nd division Watford no one was demanding that Lawrie McMenemy be sacked and that our scouting system was f***** because we had splashed out for a clearly past it player called Kevin Keegan.

Bad results are just numbers in record books once the final whistle goes

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Liverpool Legend on 22:53 - Jun 28 with 1246 viewsRon11

Liverpool Legend on 22:20 - Jun 28 by SaintNick

In 71/72 season we lost 8-0 at Everton, the following week we lost 5-2 at home to Manchester United, four months later we lost 7-0 at Leeds United, its not as if we are not used to the odd walloping every now and then.

In 1980/81 we lost 7-1 at 2nd division Watford no one was demanding that Lawrie McMenemy be sacked and that our scouting system was f***** because we had splashed out for a clearly past it player called Kevin Keegan.

Bad results are just numbers in record books once the final whistle goes

Oh dear I didn't mean to stir all that lot up.
He was an absolute gent anyway.
Liverpool Legend on 10:11 - Jun 29 with 1101 viewsSaintNick

Liverpool Legend on 22:53 - Jun 28 by Ron11

Oh dear I didn't mean to stir all that lot up.
He was an absolute gent anyway.

Sorry to do so, I just wanted to point out that even our greatest managers were nott immune to massive defeats

Liverpool Legend on 10:24 - Jun 29 with 1085 viewsRon11

Liverpool Legend on 10:11 - Jun 29 by SaintNick

Sorry to do so, I just wanted to point out that even our greatest managers were nott immune to massive defeats

Liverpool Legend on 14:45 - Jun 29 with 1001 viewsTimSaint

Liverpool Legend on 10:11 - Jun 29 by SaintNick

Big Defeats ?Anyone else on here attend Glenn Cockerill's Saints debut away to Luton ?

Regarding Sammy Lee, just watch the highlights of the Saints 3 - 2 win over Liverpool and look for the passion from the back room bench. Koeman got all the plaudits for his Kloppesque run down the touchline to celebrate Mane's winner, but seeing what it meant to Sammy was equally as good !! :-)

TimSaint

Liverpool Legend on 15:49 - Jun 29 with 970 viewsA1079

Liverpool Legend on 14:45 - Jun 29 by TimSaint

Big Defeats ?Anyone else on here attend Glenn Cockerill's Saints debut away to Luton ?

Regarding Sammy Lee, just watch the highlights of the Saints 3 - 2 win over Liverpool and look for the passion from the back room bench. Koeman got all the plaudits for his Kloppesque run down the touchline to celebrate Mane's winner, but seeing what it meant to Sammy was equally as good !! :-)

Yes Tim. I was there. Am I right in thinking it was an artificial pitch or am I dreaming that? I remember thinking, I bet Glenn wondered what he had joined. He turned out to be a really good player and servant for us. I recall his incident at Highbury and how the game was played out until Arsenal equalised.

I was also at the Watford 7-1 defeat under McMenemy, so Nick I am very aware of some wallopings and a 6-0 at Everton and 6-2 at home to Spurs. You are right Nick (as always), we are not immune to it. It doesn't make it any better though.
Login to get fewer ads

Liverpool Legend on 08:23 - Jun 30 with 842 viewsSaintNick

Liverpool Legend on 15:49 - Jun 29 by A1079

Yes Tim. I was there. Am I right in thinking it was an artificial pitch or am I dreaming that? I remember thinking, I bet Glenn wondered what he had joined. He turned out to be a really good player and servant for us. I recall his incident at Highbury and how the game was played out until Arsenal equalised.

I was also at the Watford 7-1 defeat under McMenemy, so Nick I am very aware of some wallopings and a 6-0 at Everton and 6-2 at home to Spurs. You are right Nick (as always), we are not immune to it. It doesn't make it any better though.

No in all my years we always seem to get at least one good hiding a season although the last two mentioned did at least have the excuse that we had to play the youth team keeper due to injury

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024