Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gary Neville 19:12 - Jul 12 with 7965 viewssaint22

Talking sense again
Asking why when our PM refused to condemn those Booing when players take the knee AGAINST racism last week, we are Surprised that people Post such vile abuse online
As he said it starts at the top
Gary Neville on 14:03 - Jul 13 with 707 viewsBicester_North

Gary Neville on 13:40 - Jul 13 by Heisenberg

Here he is. The Bicester bore stalking grown men on a football forum. The only division is in your tiny brain. Oddball

Ok Ben

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Gary Neville on 14:08 - Jul 13 with 704 viewsSadoldgit

Gary Neville on 10:00 - Jul 13 by Bazza

How do you explain the fact that some black players refuse to take the knee?

I’ll help you out; it’s because they don’t want to signify any support for the BLM organisation which promotes defunding police. That’s Priti Patel’s viewpoint which most media choose to gloss over as well her believing it’s tokenism. Taking the knee now does nothing to diminish racism.

Bazza, Gareth Southgate and others have made it perfectly clear what the taking of the knee means here and it has nothing to do with other political organisations. It is about race, pure and simple.
Gary Neville on 14:11 - Jul 13 with 702 viewsBicester_North

Gary Neville on 13:45 - Jul 13 by DorsetIan

I didn't see anyone booing by the end of the tournament, Bicester. They all knew by then that it was the wrong thing to do.

Those who didn't realise that earlier and who endorsed it, made a bad call which they're now having to own.

I never booed it or cheered it, but if people want to boo or cheer it so what, as they have a right to as long as they aren’t saying anything racist.

Still too late now, the media and politicians are hysterical and everyone is bickering and whining, the same as everything else the last few years. There’s no escape from this political me me me, “my opinion is best” tripe, not even sport.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2021 14:16]

Gary Neville on 14:23 - Jul 13 with 697 viewsBazza

Gary Neville on 13:39 - Jul 13 by DorsetIan

Of course he is. Clearly, he is.

I have to assume you have never heard her speak. She can barely string a sentence together never mind form a cogent 'viewpoint' on a point of political debate.

And whatever you do, don't get me wrong, I have a low opinion of Priti Patel precisely because she is so thick. Quite how astoundingly thick she is, has, over the years, really got under my skin - since long before she was home secretary. I hold my hands up.

Ok fair enough we all have people who just totally irritate us for various reasons.

On a separate issue I’m annoyed that the media choose not to understand that some non racist people just don’t like the BLM and taking the knee. Though personally I do think booing is not acceptable.
Gary Neville on 14:43 - Jul 13 with 677 viewsDorsetIan

Gary Neville on 14:11 - Jul 13 by Bicester_North

I never booed it or cheered it, but if people want to boo or cheer it so what, as they have a right to as long as they aren’t saying anything racist.

Still too late now, the media and politicians are hysterical and everyone is bickering and whining, the same as everything else the last few years. There’s no escape from this political me me me, “my opinion is best” tripe, not even sport.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2021 14:16]

Isn't the whole point that those booing were effectively saying 'we don't like BLM, so you shouldn't be taking the knew'? i.e. 'my opinion is best' and that gives me the right to boo my own team.

If someone disagrees with taking the knee, then fine, I don't agree with them but I can see the arguments. But booing your own team?!- they lost the plot with that, and the politicians who supported them lost the plot too.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Gary Neville on 15:28 - Jul 13 with 632 viewsChesham_Saint

Gary Neville on 10:06 - Jul 13 by saint22

I don’t care what Neville’s politics are he was highlighting the failed and hypocritical leadership of this little country and if you disagree so be it
However there is no argument for racism so I fail to see how you can disagree with what he said as it is accurate and factual

I can’t wait for Mings to announce that he’s going to be boycotting Qatar due to the appalling way Asian workers have been treated there. I mean, I really need the guidance of a footballer to get some clarity of thought on that.

As for our “little” country, it’s very gracious of you to even deign to live here and how you find the time in your busy business schedule to be so completely obsessed with Boris and Patel is puzzling. Soggsy and Kent I can understand as I think they’re pensioners, but a tycoon such as yourself?
[Post edited 13 Jul 2021 15:29]

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Gary Neville on 15:33 - Jul 13 with 627 viewssaint22

Gary Neville on 12:15 - Jul 13 by Bicester_North

The usual helmets on here Skate22/Laurenberg talking to themselves about student politics

As stated millions of times, a lot of people believe the knee is USA bandwagon bullshit, as opposed to previous great campaigns like kick it out. The only racism seems to be from freaks on scummy social media who could be from anywhere in the world.

In actual football matches I can’t remember anyone mentioning the colour of a footballer for years until this USA bollocks blew up, the knee started, now everyone is categorised by colour.

It’s made football more divided than ever.

As for politicians, they should shut the f*ck up about football. Every c*nt thinks they know the game now, most of them have never even played it.

As usual completely missing the point

This is about the very despicable and open racism that still permeates our society sadly and as always the usual suspects start spinning it another way
All Neville Mings etc are saying is that these people with power are hypocritical failures and that there should be far better leadership and educated voices out there

Racism in any form should not be tolerated
End of
Gary Neville on 16:28 - Jul 13 with 598 viewsSadoldgit

Gary Neville on 15:28 - Jul 13 by Chesham_Saint

I can’t wait for Mings to announce that he’s going to be boycotting Qatar due to the appalling way Asian workers have been treated there. I mean, I really need the guidance of a footballer to get some clarity of thought on that.

As for our “little” country, it’s very gracious of you to even deign to live here and how you find the time in your busy business schedule to be so completely obsessed with Boris and Patel is puzzling. Soggsy and Kent I can understand as I think they’re pensioners, but a tycoon such as yourself?

Given that Mings has faced constant racial abuse himself and it is clear that his stand against racism is 100% from the heart, don’t you think that he is entitled to call out the Home Secretary for her two faced hypocrisy Chesh? Also the fact that I am a pensioner has nothing to do with why I still live here, although given the awful weather this summer so far the thought of moving to a Greek island is very appealing!
Login to get fewer ads

Gary Neville on 16:35 - Jul 13 with 596 viewssaint22

Gary Neville on 15:28 - Jul 13 by Chesham_Saint

That is what we are though these days, and getting smaller and more insular by the year

I was at the final with friends and our kids and it was quite horrendous the amount of abuse being hurled around, the people trying to bum rush to get in for free, the litter and broken glass and missiles being thrown around all up Wembley Way. You don't get scenes like that at weekly football grounds, so why for England games and especially one like that which hasnt happened for over 50 years. Some kids were crying and literally terrified at what was going on around them

What is it with these so called fans? People? Its just very sad if tats what they call fun and they can't celebrate without acting like nasty fascist hate filled thugs
Gary Neville on 16:45 - Jul 13 with 587 viewsSaintsforeverj

The racist thugs continue to be racist because they are getting away with it: simple as that. Taking the knee, hasn't stopped it and it won't stop it - that's the reason there is a debate about taking the knee because it isn't helping black peopl, clearly as black people continue to be on the reviewing end of abuse. But it won't stop will it, until the racists are stopped. Like anything in life, nip it in the bud or it will continue. Speeches from MP's or anyone won't make a difference to these animals. They need to be stopped, not pointless lectures and campaigns.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2021 16:53]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Gary Neville on 16:54 - Jul 13 with 581 viewsChesham_Saint

Gary Neville on 16:35 - Jul 13 by saint22

That is what we are though these days, and getting smaller and more insular by the year

I was at the final with friends and our kids and it was quite horrendous the amount of abuse being hurled around, the people trying to bum rush to get in for free, the litter and broken glass and missiles being thrown around all up Wembley Way. You don't get scenes like that at weekly football grounds, so why for England games and especially one like that which hasnt happened for over 50 years. Some kids were crying and literally terrified at what was going on around them

What is it with these so called fans? People? Its just very sad if tats what they call fun and they can't celebrate without acting like nasty fascist hate filled thugs

Stuff being thrown? broken glass? Sounds like the league cup final. I don’t ascribe bad behaviour to any political politics though. I just thought they were Man U fans being moronic. Knee jerk use of Fascism as a word that’s bandied around too easily robs it of any real meaning, which is dangerous in itself.

And Qatar - presumably you’ll be boycotting it?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Gary Neville on 16:56 - Jul 13 with 579 viewsSadoldgit

Gary Neville on 16:45 - Jul 13 by Saintsforeverj

The racist thugs continue to be racist because they are getting away with it: simple as that. Taking the knee, hasn't stopped it and it won't stop it - that's the reason there is a debate about taking the knee because it isn't helping black peopl, clearly as black people continue to be on the reviewing end of abuse. But it won't stop will it, until the racists are stopped. Like anything in life, nip it in the bud or it will continue. Speeches from MP's or anyone won't make a difference to these animals. They need to be stopped, not pointless lectures and campaigns.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2021 16:53]

And how do you propose we do that? I don’t think anyone expects racists to stop being racists because a bunch of footballers tell them to, but surely the more that normal decent people make it clear that racism in any form is unacceptable the better? One thing is for sure, it certainly won’t go away if we just ignore that it is happening.
It certainly doesn’t help when the current PM himself makes racist remarks.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2021 16:57]
Gary Neville on 16:58 - Jul 13 with 577 viewsBicester_North

Gary Neville on 14:43 - Jul 13 by DorsetIan

Isn't the whole point that those booing were effectively saying 'we don't like BLM, so you shouldn't be taking the knew'? i.e. 'my opinion is best' and that gives me the right to boo my own team.

If someone disagrees with taking the knee, then fine, I don't agree with them but I can see the arguments. But booing your own team?!- they lost the plot with that, and the politicians who supported them lost the plot too.

Nobody used to boo anti racism initiatives at grounds before, so it was premier league footballers that started copying the racism riddled, messed up Americans.

There was always going to be some sort of reaction as people don’t believe this country has anything like the history or the problems of the USA, although things now seem to have got worse as a result.

People were booing the divisive gesture not the players themselves.

The UK is nowhere near as racist as most of Europe but Belgium was the only other European country who decided to take the knee.

Gary Neville on 17:08 - Jul 13 with 570 viewsSaintsforeverj

Gary Neville on 16:56 - Jul 13 by Sadoldgit

And how do you propose we do that? I don’t think anyone expects racists to stop being racists because a bunch of footballers tell them to, but surely the more that normal decent people make it clear that racism in any form is unacceptable the better? One thing is for sure, it certainly won’t go away if we just ignore that it is happening.

They need to make an example of someone who has been racist, find a severe consequence and that would send a clear, strong message that it won't be tolerated. Like anything, it's a minority of nasty people. These nasty people won't take any notice of light messages and campaigns. They know its unacceptable. But they are animals, so why would loads of people saying it's unacceptable, stop them? In some cases, because they are horrible people, it might make them do it all the more. They are not respectable people, who think look at all these people saying it's unacceptable, we best stop!

The authorities intercept terrorists. They shoot down planes etc. They found Bin Laden. I'm sure they could do more than speeches and taking a knee to find these racists. Until they do, it won't stop because the racists know they can get away with it. As for the PM, what racist remarks did he say?
[Post edited 13 Jul 2021 17:12]

Gary Neville on 17:10 - Jul 13 with 571 viewsBicester_North

Gary Neville on 16:56 - Jul 13 by Sadoldgit

But racism in the UK has been decreasing steadily since the 1980s until before last year, steadily.

Now it’s all you hear about as footballers and BLM decided we were all inherently racist. Not towards Indian and Chinese people apparently, just to black people.

People who never really noticed skin colour now do and skin colour is being mentioned more than ever. Is that progress?
[Post edited 13 Jul 2021 17:11]

Gary Neville on 17:13 - Jul 13 with 565 viewsSadoldgit

Gary Neville on 17:10 - Jul 13 by Bicester_North

But racism in the UK has been decreasing steadily since the 1980s until before last year, steadily.

Now it’s all you hear about as footballers and BLM decided we were all inherently racist. Not towards Indian and Chinese people apparently, just to black people.

People who never really noticed skin colour now do and skin colour is being mentioned more than ever. Is that progress?
[Post edited 13 Jul 2021 17:11]

But it is still here and still needs to be dealt with. I think you will find that the reaction is against all racism, not just that aimed at black people. People are talking about skin colour because people who are not white are finding that their skin colour is a problem for them. It’s really not rocket science. Just listen to their experiences now, in 2021.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2021 17:15]
Gary Neville on 17:16 - Jul 13 with 559 viewsBicester_North

Gary Neville on 16:35 - Jul 13 by saint22

What section were you in?

What sort of abuse was being hurled? We’re you in the end where the gates got rushed? There were people of every race involved in that.

In Italy opposition fans get stabbed randomly by people on mopeds. The police are as bad as the hooligans there.

Yes England have a share of total idiots but the Euro final was always going to bring them out.

In the earlier games there was hardly any of that crap and the atmospheres were excellent.

Gary Neville on 17:19 - Jul 13 with 557 viewsBicester_North

Gary Neville on 17:13 - Jul 13 by Sadoldgit

But it is still here and still needs to be dealt with. I think you will find that the reaction is against all racism, not just that aimed at black people. People are talking about skin colour because people who are not white are finding that their skin colour is a problem for them. It’s really not rocket science. Just listen to their experiences now, in 2021.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2021 17:15]

Yes it’s still here but you won’t ever eradicate it, because there will always be some racist c*nts.
If racism was decreasing steadily as it was, until this stoking of the flames due to trying to pretend the UK is the USA, then that was good progress and better than nearly anywhere
In the world.

Gary Neville on 17:29 - Jul 13 with 549 viewsSadoldgit

Gary Neville on 17:19 - Jul 13 by Bicester_North

Yes it’s still here but you won’t ever eradicate it, because there will always be some racist c*nts.
If racism was decreasing steadily as it was, until this stoking of the flames due to trying to pretend the UK is the USA, then that was good progress and better than nearly anywhere
In the world.

We will never eradicate murder or rape either but that is no reason to stop trying and to keep putting the message out there that these things are unacceptable.
Gary Neville on 17:31 - Jul 13 with 546 viewsBicester_North

Gary Neville on 17:29 - Jul 13 by Sadoldgit

We will never eradicate murder or rape either but that is no reason to stop trying and to keep putting the message out there that these things are unacceptable.

Yes agreed and we were successfully doing that prior to June 2020. Gradually, the way
societies usually change. Not immediately.

Gary Neville on 17:31 - Jul 13 with 544 viewsSaintsforeverj

Gary Neville on 17:29 - Jul 13 by Sadoldgit

The difference being that there are harsh consequences for the crimes you mention. Racism is treated as not so important, which is why is doesn't stop. We don't have campaigns to stop murder. We all know the consequences of such a crime, whereas racism, I say again, they get away with it, so don't expect it to stop.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2021 17:35]

Gary Neville on 17:32 - Jul 13 with 545 viewssaint22

Gary Neville on 17:19 - Jul 13 by Bicester_North

In the world.

I really cannot understand why anyone trots out any line thats in any way defending the use of racist behaviour - oh its always going to be around - so thats alright, we should just let it be?

There will always be c*nts doesnt mean we have to abide them pal
Gary Neville on 17:34 - Jul 13 with 538 viewsDorsetIan

Gary Neville on 16:58 - Jul 13 by Bicester_North

Nobody used to boo anti racism initiatives at grounds before, so it was premier league footballers that started copying the racism riddled, messed up Americans.

There was always going to be some sort of reaction as people don’t believe this country has anything like the history or the problems of the USA, although things now seem to have got worse as a result.

People were booing the divisive gesture not the players themselves.

The UK is nowhere near as racist as most of Europe but Belgium was the only other European country who decided to take the knee.

How do you boo the gesture and not the players when it's the players making the gesture. Nice trick.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Gary Neville on 17:35 - Jul 13 with 539 viewsBicester_North

Gary Neville on 17:32 - Jul 13 by saint22

I really cannot understand why anyone trots out any line thats in any way defending the use of racist behaviour - oh its always going to be around - so thats alright, we should just let it be?

There will always be c*nts doesnt mean we have to abide them pal

Who said we should let it be you utter thicko?

We were never “letting it be” before people blindly tried to copy the Americans, a country where race issues plague every section of society.

Copying the USA is a thick action by thick people who look at social media too much.

Gary Neville on 17:36 - Jul 13 with 535 viewsBicester_North

Gary Neville on 17:34 - Jul 13 by DorsetIan

How do you boo the gesture and not the players when it's the players making the gesture. Nice trick.

The players are then cheered when they play the game or in the warm up. If it was a personal thing directed at the players surely people would carry on booing during the match?
[Post edited 13 Jul 2021 17:37]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024