Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Everton Signings 09:26 - Jul 20 with 992 viewsSaintNick

Not sure Everton fans will be salivating over the arrival of Demarai Gray. Andros Townsend and Asmir Begovic , our fans would be up in arms if we were going for them let alone Everton

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Everton Signings on 09:34 - Jul 20 with 972 viewsSonicBoom

I always thought Gray was a decent player, didn't he go to Leicester for something like 4 million. Never really forced his way into what was a very good Leicester side.
Townsend is one of those that occasionally looks brilliant so I guess in other games he must go missing. He does have that ability to come up with a goal from nothing though.
Everton Signings on 09:34 - Jul 20 with 973 viewsBerber

And possibly losing Gylfi Sygurdsson if the social media rumours tie up with the published media facts.
Everton Signings on 09:55 - Jul 20 with 943 viewssaints__fan__73

I think we would just be shocked to bring that many players in a single window.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Everton Signings on 10:03 - Jul 20 with 935 viewssaint22

Everton Signings on 09:55 - Jul 20 by saints__fan__73

It very much looks like we are going to stumble through yet another transfer window leading to get another struggle to stay up……
Everton Signings on 10:04 - Jul 20 with 935 viewsSaintNick

Everton Signings on 09:55 - Jul 20 by saints__fan__73

well we have actually signed two already this window so ahead of Everton, 1 more and you can be shocked

Everton Signings (n/t) on 10:49 - Jul 20 with 895 viewssaints__fan__73

Everton Signings on 10:04 - Jul 20 by SaintNick

well we have actually signed two already this window so ahead of Everton, 1 more and you can be shocked

I would be.

Interesting strategy to go into a 9 month season with a squad smaller than teams take to a 3 week Summer tournament.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2021 10:50]

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Everton Signings on 11:16 - Jul 20 with 856 viewsButty101

Everton Signings on 09:34 - Jul 20 by Berber

And possibly losing Gylfi Sygurdsson if the social media rumours tie up with the published media facts.

It sounds like he might be signing for team that play in stripes

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Everton Signings on 12:38 - Jul 20 with 775 viewsstmichael

personally I think all three would improve our team so would be no complaints from me..

Poll: Do we bring back Bernard at the weekend or stick with Bree?

Login to get fewer ads

Everton Signings on 12:51 - Jul 20 with 751 viewsSaintNick

Everton Signings on 12:38 - Jul 20 by stmichael

personally I think all three would improve our team so would be no complaints from me..

Not sure I agree.

Andros Townsend is a similar signing to Walcott, he started 25 plus another 9 as sub in the league, scored just once, Walcott, Redmond, Armstrong and even Djenepo matched that for us.

Begovic at 34 is probably a good back up keeper these days at Premier League level and will be just that at Everton.

Demarai Gray is perhaps still worth a punt,, but didnt do it for leverkusen in the second half of last season and barely got a look in at Leicester the last couple of years but is young enough to come back

Everton Signings on 13:13 - Jul 20 with 721 viewssolent_toffee

Everton Signings on 12:51 - Jul 20 by SaintNick

Not sure I agree.

Andros Townsend is a similar signing to Walcott, he started 25 plus another 9 as sub in the league, scored just once, Walcott, Redmond, Armstrong and even Djenepo matched that for us.

Begovic at 34 is probably a good back up keeper these days at Premier League level and will be just that at Everton.

Demarai Gray is perhaps still worth a punt,, but didnt do it for leverkusen in the second half of last season and barely got a look in at Leicester the last couple of years but is young enough to come back

All three will cost around 1.5 million and will be squad players. Everton need to shift more of the dead wood and bring in cheaper players than they have done in recent seasons given a, the amount they’ve wasted and b, how much they’ve lost due to the pandemic c, due to FFP brought about by a and b.

Bringing in a manager that the fans aren’t getting excited about (to say the least) is being pragmatic to a season not to get excited about given the ongoing uncertainties.

Remarkably though season tickets sales have gone up to record highs. Proving, if there were any doubt, that Everton fans are biggest mediocrity hunters going.
Everton Signings on 21:44 - Jul 20 with 531 viewsSouthSeaSaint

Fair play to Everton fans but think their season ticket prices are reasonable and there is the expectation factor of a shiny new ground in a couple of years at Bramley Moore Dock
Everton Signings on 22:03 - Jul 20 with 516 viewsgrumpy

Everton Signings on 13:13 - Jul 20 by solent_toffee

All three will cost around 1.5 million and will be squad players. Everton need to shift more of the dead wood and bring in cheaper players than they have done in recent seasons given a, the amount they’ve wasted and b, how much they’ve lost due to the pandemic c, due to FFP brought about by a and b.

Bringing in a manager that the fans aren’t getting excited about (to say the least) is being pragmatic to a season not to get excited about given the ongoing uncertainties.

Remarkably though season tickets sales have gone up to record highs. Proving, if there were any doubt, that Everton fans are biggest mediocrity hunters going.

' Everton fans are biggest mediocrity hunters going'

I can think of someone else like that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024