Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gary Neville 19:12 - Jul 12 with 8125 viewssaint22

Talking sense again
Asking why when our PM refused to condemn those Booing when players take the knee AGAINST racism last week, we are Surprised that people Post such vile abuse online
As he said it starts at the top
Gary Neville on 15:06 - Jul 14 with 1196 viewsBerber

Gary Neville on 17:50 - Jul 13 by Chesham_Saint

Aside from that England game, who on here has personally heard or seen any racist abuse at a match in recent years? Who?

Not at any Saints match I’ve been to, that’s for sure. Blue? Toffs? What are your clubs like these days; I bet Everton have come a long way from the “we are Everton, we are white” days?

I saw and heard the anti semitic abuse directed at Spurs fans from the Kingsland stand that was reported also in the national press (they also apparently threatened the person who challenged them then disappeared at half time, but I was not witness to that bit). It may not have been intended as anti semitic as opposed to anti Spurs fans, but racist it was, and just as offensive for all that. I am sure one or two on here could identify the culprits, they are very vocal at most home games.
Gary Neville on 15:50 - Jul 14 with 1157 viewsPoirot

Boris did say not to boo england players, Neville has a chip on his shoulder about Boris because he owns a load of hospitality thats crashed because of covid, oh and hes a northerner.

Taking the knee is a load of bollocks and has achieved nothing (as proven) its purely a pointless gesture. It wouldnt be happneing at all in this country, if there was no covid. Fans are not racist booing this knee stuff, they are sick to death of 'racism' being non stop associated with sport when its actually a society issue. Nobody booed or showed any negative reaction to 'Kick It Out'.

The far left group BLM an american concept that has no meaning in this country. If it does, then what about asians and other races that are abused ? Look at the vandalism and violence down to this 'BLM'

An american gets killed by a copper and god knows whats that got to do with our country. Their crime mess based around no gun control is their problem
Gary Neville on 16:09 - Jul 14 with 1140 viewsFrankWhite

Gary Neville on 19:27 - Jul 13 by Bicester_North

Oh dear Ian, you always get all angry and show your narrow minded prejudice when your pseudo intellectual dribble gets rumbled.

Mr. Pot, meet Mr. Kettle.
Gary Neville on 17:14 - Jul 14 with 1118 viewsChesham_Saint

Gary Neville on 15:06 - Jul 14 by Berber

I saw and heard the anti semitic abuse directed at Spurs fans from the Kingsland stand that was reported also in the national press (they also apparently threatened the person who challenged them then disappeared at half time, but I was not witness to that bit). It may not have been intended as anti semitic as opposed to anti Spurs fans, but racist it was, and just as offensive for all that. I am sure one or two on here could identify the culprits, they are very vocal at most home games.

Do you mean the “Yiddos” chant spurs fans use? That’s related to race of course, but not quite the same thing is it? How many people were involved btw?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Gary Neville on 15:47 - Jul 15 with 1019 viewsSadoldgit

Gary Neville on 12:15 - Jul 13 by Bicester_North

The usual helmets on here Skate22/Laurenberg talking to themselves about student politics

As stated millions of times, a lot of people believe the knee is USA bandwagon bullshit, as opposed to previous great campaigns like kick it out. The only racism seems to be from freaks on scummy social media who could be from anywhere in the world.

In actual football matches I can’t remember anyone mentioning the colour of a footballer for years until this USA bollocks blew up, the knee started, now everyone is categorised by colour.

It’s made football more divided than ever.

As for politicians, they should shut the f*ck up about football. Every c*nt thinks they know the game now, most of them have never even played it.

If you listen to black players talking about racial abuse, it seems a lot more prevelant than you think. They would know.
Gary Neville on 23:02 - Jul 15 with 940 viewsBazza

Gary Neville on 15:47 - Jul 15 by Sadoldgit

If you listen to black players talking about racial abuse, it seems a lot more prevelant than you think. They would know.

Mm well especially those players of colour that refuse to take the knee
Gary Neville on 09:43 - Jul 16 with 862 viewsRon11

On one occasion at St. Mary's I was cornered by a group of welsh fans after a game against Cardiff City (along Brittania Road). The were calling me an 'English queerboy' along with a few other names, all beginning with 'English' Is this not racism? Luckily I was rescued by a couple of coppers who threatened to arrest ME when I called the taffs a bunch of 'sheepshagging cu nts' as coppers ushered me to safety.
I've also been called an an 'English bastard' by Scotland fans in London when up there for the Wembley game when Rickie scored.
And finally had to leave a "Jamaican only' pub in North London which I entered by mistake and was informed that 'this is a no Honkey pub. I wasn't even allowed to finish my pint.
I know how it feels...
Gary Neville on 09:54 - Jul 16 with 863 viewssaint22

Gary Neville on 09:43 - Jul 16 by Ron11

On one occasion at St. Mary's I was cornered by a group of welsh fans after a game against Cardiff City (along Brittania Road). The were calling me an 'English queerboy' along with a few other names, all beginning with 'English' Is this not racism? Luckily I was rescued by a couple of coppers who threatened to arrest ME when I called the taffs a bunch of 'sheepshagging cu nts' as coppers ushered me to safety.
I've also been called an an 'English bastard' by Scotland fans in London when up there for the Wembley game when Rickie scored.
And finally had to leave a "Jamaican only' pub in North London which I entered by mistake and was informed that 'this is a no Honkey pub. I wasn't even allowed to finish my pint.
I know how it feels...

White privilege hurts some times right?
But not all the time
Login to get fewer ads

Gary Neville on 10:06 - Jul 16 with 851 viewsRon11

Gary Neville on 09:54 - Jul 16 by saint22

But not all the time

I've never had 'white privilege', especially when I lived in Nigeria and Angola.
I was just putting some perspective on this issue.
Gary Neville on 10:11 - Jul 16 with 844 viewsSadoldgit

Gary Neville on 23:02 - Jul 15 by Bazza

Mm well especially those players of colour that refuse to take the knee

And why is that? Because they are all for racial abuse? How many of them are there? I heard Zaha say he would not do it because it was a subservient gesture (which seems to be totally missing the point, but that is his decision).
Gary Neville on 11:15 - Jul 16 with 825 viewsBazza

Gary Neville on 10:11 - Jul 16 by Sadoldgit

And why is that? Because they are all for racial abuse? How many of them are there? I heard Zaha say he would not do it because it was a subservient gesture (which seems to be totally missing the point, but that is his decision).

Players are told by their clubs to take the knee. Many probably think that’s ok, some don’t want to echo a bad political USA organisation or display tokenism. Do other sports take the knee? FA as usual is behind some silly ideas.
Some of our Olympic teams are discussing it. I’m totally against this. Action not empty displays supporting anarchic USA extremists.
Gary Neville on 12:03 - Jul 16 with 801 viewsSadoldgit

Gary Neville on 11:15 - Jul 16 by Bazza

Players are told by their clubs to take the knee. Many probably think that’s ok, some don’t want to echo a bad political USA organisation or display tokenism. Do other sports take the knee? FA as usual is behind some silly ideas.
Some of our Olympic teams are discussing it. I’m totally against this. Action not empty displays supporting anarchic USA extremists.

The England squad decided that they wanted to do it and over here it has nothing to do with extreme politics. It is just saying racism is wrong. Surely that isn’t a problem?
Gary Neville on 12:23 - Jul 16 with 789 viewsDorsetIan

Gary Neville on 12:03 - Jul 16 by Sadoldgit

The England squad decided that they wanted to do it and over here it has nothing to do with extreme politics. It is just saying racism is wrong. Surely that isn’t a problem?

Exactly this.

The England team were adamant is the face of so much pressure that they had to continue to do it and they set out their reasons very clearly, which were nothing to do with BLM or extremist politics.

I find it amazing that people can continue to talk such sh!t about what taking the knee in this country is all about.

For what it's worth, I thought that it had run it's course and should have been brought to a sensible end. But while there are still people trying to rubbish it, and while the racial abuse that the players get is still very real, I now think the players should just carry on indefinitely.

Those opposing it have made sure that it's simply become too much of an anti-racist emblem for it to stop now.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Gary Neville on 15:34 - Jul 16 with 760 viewsBazza

Gary Neville on 12:23 - Jul 16 by DorsetIan

Exactly this.

The England team were adamant is the face of so much pressure that they had to continue to do it and they set out their reasons very clearly, which were nothing to do with BLM or extremist politics.

I find it amazing that people can continue to talk such sh!t about what taking the knee in this country is all about.

For what it's worth, I thought that it had run it's course and should have been brought to a sensible end. But while there are still people trying to rubbish it, and while the racial abuse that the players get is still very real, I now think the players should just carry on indefinitely.

Those opposing it have made sure that it's simply become too much of an anti-racist emblem for it to stop now.

Sad that there are idiot racists showing up in football still.
But taking the knee does nothing except appeasing the woke. We can see here who you are.
Gary Neville on 15:43 - Jul 16 with 754 viewskernow

Gary Neville on 15:34 - Jul 16 by Bazza

But taking the knee does nothing except appeasing the woke. We can see here who you are.

Is that a royal "we" ?
What is a woke?
Gary Neville on 16:52 - Jul 16 with 743 viewsDorsetIan

Gary Neville on 15:34 - Jul 16 by Bazza

You're living in a dream world Bazza. I know it's hard to admit you're wrong but 'taking the knee' at the beginning of football games has now become the most powerful act of commitment to anti-racism that this country has.

It wasn't inevitable that it should become this but all the bleating and moaning and misrepresenting from you and your anti-woke friends has forced the issue.

And it's not about BLM, or defunding the police, or supporting communism, or misrepresenting history. It's just an action from players who are subject to racism and their colleagues to say that they've had enough. And anyone who is still trotting out the same old rubbish about it, is increasingly looking very stubborn and very silly.

Time for you to get with the programme, brother.

Gary Neville on 16:59 - Jul 16 with 737 viewsBicester_North

Gary Neville on 16:52 - Jul 16 by DorsetIan

You're living in a dream world Bazza. I know it's hard to admit you're wrong but 'taking the knee' at the beginning of football games has now become the most powerful act of commitment to anti-racism that this country has.

It wasn't inevitable that it should become this but all the bleating and moaning and misrepresenting from you and your anti-woke friends has forced the issue.

And it's not about BLM, or defunding the police, or supporting communism, or misrepresenting history. It's just an action from players who are subject to racism and their colleagues to say that they've had enough. And anyone who is still trotting out the same old rubbish about it, is increasingly looking very stubborn and very silly.

Cultural appropriation

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Gary Neville on 17:00 - Jul 16 with 736 viewsBicester_North

Gary Neville on 09:54 - Jul 16 by saint22

But not all the time

Fire fire gentrifier

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Gary Neville on 17:09 - Jul 16 with 724 viewsSaintsforeverj

But does it not concern you that the action they are taking isn't working? The England players all took the knee, only for 3 black players to be racially abused, so the action isn't having the desired effect? So what is the point of doing it? Yes, it shows that footballers are united against racism and it's wrong (which most of us know anyway) but it's not having an effect on changing the attitudes of the racist people we need to change. The nasty racists continue because they couldn't care a less about taking the knee. Most decent people agree with taking stand against racism, but I think the discussion is more about whether the stand is the correct one, not whether or not we should take a stand. Don't black people deserve an action that is actually effective?
[Post edited 16 Jul 2021 17:13]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Gary Neville on 22:48 - Jul 16 with 675 viewsSadoldgit

Doing something is better than doing nothing. It is not going to end over night if ever, but constantly reinforcing the message that it is unacceptable and will not be tolerated can’t be a bad thing can it?
Gary Neville on 22:59 - Jul 16 with 673 viewsBazza

I can’t be wrong or right, it’s just my opinion. Unless ‘the knee’ is proven to work which it doesn’t appear to be. But then admittedly very little will have any effect on the Neanderthals that persist with the abuse.
Wonder if the USA will go on a knee at the Olympics?
Gary Neville on 23:32 - Jul 16 with 664 viewsNewdawn2014

Gary Neville on 19:39 - Jul 13 by saint22

A 50 year old arrested for a tweet inciting racial hatred towards Marcus Rashford
Yes that’s a 50 year old
Ffs

There is no age barrier for racism .
Gary Neville on 23:49 - Jul 16 with 658 viewsDorsetIan

Gary Neville on 17:09 - Jul 16 by Saintsforeverj

But does it not concern you that the action they are taking isn't working? The England players all took the knee, only for 3 black players to be racially abused, so the action isn't having the desired effect? So what is the point of doing it? Yes, it shows that footballers are united against racism and it's wrong (which most of us know anyway) but it's not having an effect on changing the attitudes of the racist people we need to change. The nasty racists continue because they couldn't care a less about taking the knee. Most decent people agree with taking stand against racism, but I think the discussion is more about whether the stand is the correct one, not whether or not we should take a stand. Don't black people deserve an action that is actually effective?
[Post edited 16 Jul 2021 17:13]

What are you saying: if it doesn’t end racism overnight, it’s pointless? Pretty high hurdle that one.

It’s working if it is reminding people that the fight against racism is not yet won.

Isn’t it better to support it than to get all pissed off or irritated about it? The intention behind it is good. Let that be enough.

Gary Neville on 00:15 - Jul 17 with 651 viewsSaintsforeverj

Gary Neville on 23:49 - Jul 16 by DorsetIan

What are you saying: if it doesn’t end racism overnight, it’s pointless? Pretty high hurdle that one.

It’s working if it is reminding people that the fight against racism is not yet won.

Isn’t it better to support it than to get all pissed off or irritated about it? The intention behind it is good. Let that be enough.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/14042765/brentford-

So why arn't Brentford supporting it? Or Zaha? Read what Zaha says in the same article. Not an ounce of understanding of what he is saying? He and others arn't allowed the view that's it's ineffective so we should try something better? You can't see at all why others might have a different opinion to you?
[Post edited 17 Jul 2021 0:24]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Gary Neville on 00:33 - Jul 17 with 639 viewsDorsetIan

Gary Neville on 00:15 - Jul 17 by Saintsforeverj

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/14042765/brentford-

So why arn't Brentford supporting it? Or Zaha? Read what Zaha says in the same article. Not an ounce of understanding of what he is saying? He and others arn't allowed the view that's it's ineffective so we should try something better? You can't see at all why others might have a different opinion to you?
[Post edited 17 Jul 2021 0:24]

A story from February?? Saha is an old story too. Read what I said above about previously thinking it should stop.

Things change and move one. The booing of The England team, the stupid Priti Patel comments, the letter from Southgate, the abuse after the penalties, the comment by Mings. The dial has shifted. The old nonsense about BLM, defunding police, Saha etc. just don’t cut it now.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024