Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Adam Armstrong 18:21 - Aug 5 with 7082 viewsstmichael

Palace supposedly stolen a march and now favourites to sign him.
We had better turn this one round in our favour or the general bad feeling and apathy is going to reach melting point.
There is rarely ANY positive news coming out of our club.
I would be seriously surprised if we have sold even 10,000 season tickets on the back of the rubbish served up on and off the pitch for some time now.

Poll: Do we bring back Bernard at the weekend or stick with Bree?

Adam Armstrong on 18:39 - Aug 5 with 3407 viewskingslandstand1

If that 1st line does ring any truth will anyone be able to put a decent defence up for the club?

We've supposedly been after him for ages and now we have a battle on our hands
Adam Armstrong on 18:55 - Aug 5 with 3351 viewsSaintsforeverj

Adam Armstrong on 18:39 - Aug 5 by kingslandstand1

If that 1st line does ring any truth will anyone be able to put a decent defence up for the club?

We've supposedly been after him for ages and now we have a battle on our hands

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11706/12373598/

Looks like he is going to Palace. We are looking at alternative options. He must be too expensive for us but not for Palace.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2021 18:55]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Adam Armstrong on 19:27 - Aug 5 with 3286 viewsPatfromPoole

No idea if he is any good.

If he was that good, presumably Newcastle would buy him back for 60% of what it would cost anybody else, given they have a 40% sell-on clause.

And if he isn’t good enough for Newcastle…….

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Adam Armstrong on 19:43 - Aug 5 with 3251 viewsBison

Adam Armstrong on 19:27 - Aug 5 by PatfromPoole

If he was that good, presumably Newcastle would buy him back for 60% of what it would cost anybody else, given they have a 40% sell-on clause.

That is a bit of a revelation Pat.

I am hoping Adams steps up this season I do like him , perhaps the 4-4-2 will not be viable this season and the INGS goals will have to come from midfield .

Che got 9 in 36 last season , I think he can improve on that for sure so without another striker than the midfield need to find another 12 or so to make up for INGS. So Tella and Armstrong can do better then if Redmond and the others can just give it another 10% or so then maybe we ok. We scored 47 last season INGS got 12 of them , I know its not pure maths and INGS gave us more than that in his 29 games but another midfielder maybe we wont concede so much.

Right I have sussed it , I am off to play Football Manager to confirm my analysis.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Adam Armstrong on 20:41 - Aug 5 with 3171 viewskingslandstand1

Adam Armstrong on 18:55 - Aug 5 by Saintsforeverj

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11706/12373598/

Looks like he is going to Palace. We are looking at alternative options. He must be too expensive for us but not for Palace.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2021 18:55]

Well Ralph has said he'll get the Ings money to spend on a replacement and Blackburn know we've got a couple of bob in the bank now and desperate!
Adam Armstrong on 21:03 - Aug 5 with 3138 viewsdirk_doone

As soon as any other Premier League club wants a player, we're out.

Edit: I've moved that bit about the cheap Greek from VVV Venlo to the 'Our new No.9 ' thread.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2021 21:15]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Adam Armstrong on 21:05 - Aug 5 with 3135 viewsVeloSaint

Adam Armstrong on 19:27 - Aug 5 by PatfromPoole

Newcastle dont need a forward. He's the pick of the championship strikers and we've been after him for a while so unless we've decided the value isn't there we are surely favourites. The Palace article is a non article when you read it. They've had a bid turned down so are no further forward then we are. Let's see, could be now we're cashed up we're looking elsewhere.
Adam Armstrong on 21:08 - Aug 5 with 3127 viewsBison

Adam Armstrong on 21:03 - Aug 5 by dirk_doone

As soon as any other Premier League club wants a player, we're out.

Edit: I've moved that bit about the cheap Greek from VVV Venlo to the 'Our new No.9 ' thread.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2021 21:15]

The 40% surprised me and does beg the question Pat asked why they dont want him ?

The Greek got relegated .....

You are respected on here Dirk , what is the answer ? Can we play the same way with the staff available to us , personally I think we need to go the Wimbledon route with maybe a Barnes type up front but would Ralph buy into that or is he flexible enough.

Login to get fewer ads

Adam Armstrong on 21:18 - Aug 5 with 3096 viewsVeloSaint

Adam Armstrong on 21:08 - Aug 5 by Bison

The 40% surprised me and does beg the question Pat asked why they dont want him ?

The Greek got relegated .....

You are respected on here Dirk , what is the answer ? Can we play the same way with the staff available to us , personally I think we need to go the Wimbledon route with maybe a Barnes type up front but would Ralph buy into that or is he flexible enough.

Ralph played with a target man at Leipzig so yes hes flexible. I'd prefer us to find a direct replacement for Ings then change the whole style but trust the manager and the club whose recent scouting and signings has been a vast improvement on a few years back.
Adam Armstrong on 21:28 - Aug 5 with 3068 viewsSadoldgit

I’d say the signing of the 2 Chelsea lads is positive news.
And here’s a thought. If we value Armstrong at £8m to £10m, now we have a bit more cash to spend perhaps we are looking higher up the food chain?
Adam Armstrong on 21:42 - Aug 5 with 3019 viewsPatfromPoole

Adam Armstrong on 21:28 - Aug 5 by Sadoldgit

And here’s a thought. If we value Armstrong at £8m to £10m, now we have a bit more cash to spend perhaps we are looking higher up the food chain?

If we value Armstrong at £8 million to £10 million, isn’t that a bit nuts?

We paid £15 million for Che Adams two years ago. Armstrong has scored a fair few more goals than Che did.

This is going to end up being another random South American, I can see it. Semmens sowed the seed for this in the fans forum a few months ago….

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Adam Armstrong on 21:57 - Aug 5 with 2984 viewsdirk_doone

Adam Armstrong on 21:42 - Aug 5 by PatfromPoole

We paid £15 million for Che Adams two years ago. Armstrong has scored a fair few more goals than Che did.

This is going to end up being another random South American, I can see it. Semmens sowed the seed for this in the fans forum a few months ago….

I'm not sure it's what we value him at. It's just that that's our top limit:

"Hasenhuttl: We'll look to sign players for £10million or less."

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/19224893.hasenhuttl-look-sign-players-10millio

I would be very pleasantly surprised (amazed) if all of the Ings fee was spent on a replacement.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2021 22:00]

Adam Armstrong on 22:00 - Aug 5 with 2973 viewsBison

Adam Armstrong on 21:57 - Aug 5 by dirk_doone

I'm not sure it's what we value him at. It's just that that's our top limit:

"Hasenhuttl: We'll look to sign players for £10million or less."

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/19224893.hasenhuttl-look-sign-players-10millio

I would be very pleasantly surprised (amazed) if all of the Ings fee was spent on a replacement.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2021 22:00]

Ok mate , what would you value him at ?

If..... If ..... you held the purse strings what would you pay for him ?

2nd question would you spend it elsewhere ?

As in we could be improved over a season for a different player , not a trick question Dirk.

Adam Armstrong on 22:10 - Aug 5 with 2958 viewsdirk_doone

Adam Armstrong on 22:00 - Aug 5 by Bison

Ok mate , what would you value him at ?

If..... If ..... you held the purse strings what would you pay for him ?

2nd question would you spend it elsewhere ?

As in we could be improved over a season for a different player , not a trick question Dirk.

At current rates, as a 24-year-old striker who scored 28 goals in the Championship last season, he has to be worth £20 mill. Of course, that still doesn't guarantee he'll be a success in the Premier League.

As for your other question, finding a striker who'll score more than 10 goals a season in the Premier League but cost less than £10 mill is like finding a needle in a haystack. But, with that limit, I'd consider Cyle Larin. He comes cheap because of his bad boy reputation but he is a prolific goal scorer.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2021 22:46]

Adam Armstrong on 22:13 - Aug 5 with 2948 viewsBison

Adam Armstrong on 22:10 - Aug 5 by dirk_doone

At current rates, as a 24-year-old striker who scored 28 goals in the Championship last season, he has to be worth £20 mill. Of course, that still doesn't guarantee he'll be a success in the Premier League.

As for your other question, finding a striker who'll score more than 10 goals a season in the Premier League but cost less than £10 mill is like finding a needle in a haystack. But, with that limit, I'd consider Cyle Larin. He comes cheap because of his bad boy reputation but he is a prolific goal scorer.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2021 22:46]

So we put in $15 mill and hope for the best

Adam Armstrong on 22:21 - Aug 5 with 2929 viewsSadoldgit

Adam Armstrong on 21:42 - Aug 5 by PatfromPoole

Probably, and I expect we value him a bit higher but we don’t seem in a rush to put in a higher bid which makes me wonder if we are looking at other, possibly better, targets. The important thing though is not to rush through a signing just to appease us fans. They have to get this signing right and if that takes a bit more time, so be it.
Adam Armstrong on 22:25 - Aug 5 with 2918 viewsSaintNick

Adam Armstrong on 22:21 - Aug 5 by Sadoldgit

Probably, and I expect we value him a bit higher but we don’t seem in a rush to put in a higher bid which makes me wonder if we are looking at other, possibly better, targets. The important thing though is not to rush through a signing just to appease us fans. They have to get this signing right and if that takes a bit more time, so be it.

As we have just found out, it is not the clubs that make the headlines that always do the deals, at the moment it is panic every time a media outlet puts out a story let alone how much actual substance it has

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Adam Armstrong on 23:06 - Aug 5 with 2872 viewspjt50

Anybody ever seen this guy play or know much about him? Has he got pace? Is he good in the air? Would he slot into the Ings role? The fact that we're fighting it out for his signature with the likes of Palace & Norwich doesn't exactly cheer me up.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Adam Armstrong on 00:03 - Aug 6 with 2816 viewsRon11

Jonson Clarke-Harris (Peterborough could be worth a few goals, even though he's not proven at this level. Brentford did it with Ivan Toney and look where they are now, and Toney's value has quadrupled with his goals..
It would be nice to see the arsehole that is Darren Ferguson lose his top striker too.
Adam Armstrong on 09:16 - Aug 6 with 2555 viewsdarthvader

Adam Armstrong on 00:03 - Aug 6 by Ron11

Jonson Clarke-Harris (Peterborough could be worth a few goals, even though he's not proven at this level. Brentford did it with Ivan Toney and look where they are now, and Toney's value has quadrupled with his goals..
It would be nice to see the arsehole that is Darren Ferguson lose his top striker too.

Yes then we could have KWP JWP and JCH in the team .
Need to find more of these triple namers

keep the faith coyr

Adam Armstrong on 10:50 - Aug 6 with 2479 viewsbarry_sanchez

Adam Armstrong on 21:28 - Aug 5 by Sadoldgit

I'd love to live in your World of optimism and hope....................

He who is silent and bows his head dies every time he does so. He who speaks aloud and walks with his head held high dies only once. —Giovanni Falcone
Poll: What is your favourite poll?

Adam Armstrong on 11:03 - Aug 6 with 2454 viewsBerber

When was there not decent competition for desirable players?
Adam Armstrong on 11:03 - Aug 6 with 2452 viewsdirk_doone

Adam Armstrong on 10:50 - Aug 6 by barry_sanchez

I'd love to live in your World of optimism and hope....................

Talking of worlds of optimism, I had a look at the Blackburn forums to see what they thought about Armstrong before the transfer rumours surfaced. One of them said that with his pace he will become "world class". Meanwhile there was also a pessimist who said that he was lazy, poor defensively and that he'd be better used as an impact sub. The player he was most likened to was not Blackburn's own Alan Shearer, but Michael Owen.

The discussion reminds me very much of the one on here about Sadio Mane before the Liverpool transfer rumours started.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2021 11:08]

Adam Armstrong on 11:12 - Aug 6 with 2431 viewsbarry_sanchez

Adam Armstrong on 11:03 - Aug 6 by dirk_doone

Talking of worlds of optimism, I had a look at the Blackburn forums to see what they thought about Armstrong before the transfer rumours surfaced. One of them said that with his pace he will become "world class". Meanwhile there was also a pessimist who said that he was lazy, poor defensively and that he'd be better used as an impact sub. The player he was most likened to was not Blackburn's own Alan Shearer, but Michael Owen.

The discussion reminds me very much of the one on here about Sadio Mane before the Liverpool transfer rumours started.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2021 11:08]

There is nothing that is positive about SFC at the moment, its a sinking ship, we're heavily in debt, players aren't good enough, squad paper thin, high wage bill, other teams have better squads by and large.

Simply hoping theres 3 other teams who are worse than us is a poor existence, I'd actually enjoy if we went down, it would make it more interesting, it would screw fat Kat and Gao as well.

Silver linings and all that.

He who is silent and bows his head dies every time he does so. He who speaks aloud and walks with his head held high dies only once. —Giovanni Falcone
Poll: What is your favourite poll?

Adam Armstrong on 11:22 - Aug 6 with 2417 viewsdirk_doone

Adam Armstrong on 11:12 - Aug 6 by barry_sanchez

There is nothing that is positive about SFC at the moment, its a sinking ship, we're heavily in debt, players aren't good enough, squad paper thin, high wage bill, other teams have better squads by and large.

Simply hoping theres 3 other teams who are worse than us is a poor existence, I'd actually enjoy if we went down, it would make it more interesting, it would screw fat Kat and Gao as well.

Silver linings and all that.

There is a glimmer of hope. I saw it written on the backs of all the new replica shirts the youngsters were wearing at St Mary's:

TELLA

Of course, that could just mean he'll be sold sooner rather than later, like Luke Shaw. Our owners could never be accused of being slow to cash in.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024