Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
*Waves white flag* 09:20 - Aug 15 with 1503 viewssolent_toffee

Morning All, hope all travelling Saints got back home okay and those stayed over haven’t got too bad a head this morning.

Strange game yesterday showing that both teams are way off where they need to be by the time the transfer window closes at the end of the month.

The first half was fairly passive until Everton’s centre half’s reminded us why they aren’t the first choice pairing. Great finish from Armstrong who looked lively all game. At half time I couldn’t see anything other than a Saints victory, but both teams came out differently, Everton with more intensity and Saints less so and Saints defence especially the centre halves wobbled.

As the game drifted at one each, I thought Saints had the stronger bench with the players to win, but fair play to Benitez for changing it and Iwobi looked really lively and Everton had a ten minute spell that took the game away from Saints whose defence cracked.

All in all, I’d say Everton just about deserved it for going for it, if nothing else. Saints made subs too late to effect the game. Was Armstrong v1 not fit? Thought he’d have made a difference. Walcott gave us a reminder of his time at Goodison with an ineffectual display. Everyone I spoke to after the game raved about Livremento, he looks absolute class. How frustrating that he plays in the same position as KWP.

Anyway Saints have only got a few more games to play at the Goodison bogey ground before the move to BMD. Have a nice day!

*Waves white flag* on 09:55 - Aug 15 with 1426 viewsPatfromPoole

Tino needs to push up the pitch and replace Walcott.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

*Waves white flag* on 10:38 - Aug 15 with 1355 viewsRon11

*Waves white flag* on 09:55 - Aug 15 by PatfromPoole

Tino needs to push up the pitch and replace Walcott.

Agree with that one.
But will Ralph even consider it? Why they persevered with Walcott is beyond belief. He should be seeing out his playing carer in the Championship.
*Waves white flag* on 11:03 - Aug 15 with 1318 viewssolent_toffee

*Waves white flag* on 10:38 - Aug 15 by Ron11

Agree with that one.
But will Ralph even consider it? Why they persevered with Walcott is beyond belief. He should be seeing out his playing carer in the Championship.

No team in the championship will pay him 60/70k a week. He will see his contract out at Saints and then retire, having barely broke sweat for the previous 6 years.

Great job to be fair.
*Waves white flag* on 11:23 - Aug 15 with 1292 viewsIanSouthstander

Pretty much how i saw it.

We are crying out for a commanding centre half . A no nonsense see ball head/kick ball sort of guy. Not some fancy dan who thinks he's Messi.

Just how dirty is that Digne guy. Should of got a straight red for that fore-arm smash on Prowsie.
*Waves white flag* on 11:27 - Aug 15 with 1273 viewssaint22

*Waves white flag* on 11:23 - Aug 15 by IanSouthstander

We are crying out for a commanding centre half . A no nonsense see ball head/kick ball sort of guy. Not some fancy dan who thinks he's Messi.

Just how dirty is that Digne guy. Should of got a straight red for that fore-arm smash on Prowsie.

No clue why VAR didn’t look at that
*Waves white flag* on 12:09 - Aug 15 with 1208 viewssolent_toffee

I didn’t see that incident from my seat, but did think the ref let a lot go yesterday. I’m not sure if it’s a new directive. Just seen MOTD and I have no idea how the Burnley goal was allowed after a VAR check.

I do think Saints need a new experienced centre half, two out of the three of Bednarek, Stephen’s and Salisu, could see Saints concede loads of goals.
*Waves white flag* on 12:53 - Aug 15 with 1132 viewsWints76

Hard to argue with that. I thought we looked decent first half and deserved the lead, and were certainly in the game for most of the second half, and thought we had weathered the storm. Which is why it is pretty worrying that we ended up being soundly beaten. We need that wise head at the back, we need a commanding goalkeeper and a settled team. None of us would have started with that XI yesterday, which is fine, but questions still need to be asked. And yep, drop Walcott and play Livremento and KWP

And ST, I don't think I will ever see us win at Goodison now 🙄
*Waves white flag* on 18:05 - Aug 15 with 935 viewskingslandstand1

Adam Blackmore said much the same on Solent, saying incredible no yellow cards given
Login to get fewer ads

*Waves white flag* on 22:32 - Aug 15 with 814 viewscocklebreath

It’s like you didn’t know how saints play even though you post on here all the time. No way we looked likely winners at half time

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

*Waves white flag* on 11:41 - Aug 16 with 633 viewssolent_toffee

*Waves white flag* on 22:32 - Aug 15 by cocklebreath

It’s like you didn’t know how saints play even though you post on here all the time. No way we looked likely winners at half time

I wouldn’t use this place as a barometer on how Saints are. Half of you think you’re the worst team going and half think you’re on the verge of pushing for a top six place.

At least Everton fans topped the pessimism and hope chart the other day.
*Waves white flag* on 12:41 - Aug 16 with 602 viewsBicester_North

*Waves white flag* on 11:41 - Aug 16 by solent_toffee

I wouldn’t use this place as a barometer on how Saints are. Half of you think you’re the worst team going and half think you’re on the verge of pushing for a top six place.

At least Everton fans topped the pessimism and hope chart the other day.

Not sure even the most demented of UI posters think we will be pushing top 6!

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

*Waves white flag* on 12:48 - Aug 16 with 595 viewsdirk_doone

*Waves white flag* on 12:41 - Aug 16 by Bicester_North

The most optimistic prediction I've seen from any Saints fans so far this season is 12th-14th.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

*Waves white flag* on 14:17 - Aug 16 with 544 viewssolent_toffee

*Waves white flag* on 12:41 - Aug 16 by Bicester_North

Haha, pretty sure on the more lunatic fringe had you down as being a couple of signings away from a push for top 6.

That was before United confirmed Varane and Messi signed for PSG to be fair.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024