Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McCarthy is costing us points 08:38 - Aug 24 with 5974 viewsdirk_doone

McCarthy showed some improvement on Sunday. He came out and punched a couple of crosses instead of always retreating into his goal and instead of letting in his usual 3 goals, he only let in 1. But, his long kicks all either went straight out of play or to Man United players and he seemed to do everything in his power to avoid the Greenwood shot that United scored from. That was caused by the panic that sets in with him when opposition players are attacking his goal. It would have been easier for him to let the ball hit him. That cost us 2 points to add to the 1 he lost us at Everton, where Forster would have saved 2 of those goals

McCarthy hasn't kept a single clean sheet this year. All of our clean sheets have come when Forster has been in goal. Over a season, the points McCarthy is costing us are going to make a massive difference to our league position.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2021 9:09]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

McCarthy is costing us points on 12:13 - Aug 26 with 1631 viewsdirk_doone

McCarthy is costing us points on 12:02 - Aug 26 by saints__fan__73

Eh? Dirk's been posting on here for about 20 years.

His trademark is getting utterly obsessed with some players. The current one is Forster but before than he spent seasons trying to convince all and sundry that Lallana was up there with the world's best players! :)

Your trademark seems to be making up stories. Keep trying. Someone might believe you one day.

McCarthy is costing us points on 12:16 - Aug 26 with 1625 viewsBison

His trademark is getting utterly obsessed with some players. The current one is Forster but before than he spent seasons trying to convince all and sundry that Lallana was up there with the world's best players! :)

I think they are much of a muchness but watching Forster fall apart before he eventually went off to Celtic was horrendous to watch , he was far worse than whatever anyone thinks about McCarthy's ability.

Out of the 2 McCarthy was the last of them to be picked and play for England. I wish McCarthy was more vocal but if we had to rely on one of them for a season than I would take McCarthy as he seems more steady whilst Forster could quite easily go off the rails again which would be a disaster.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

McCarthy is costing us points on 12:19 - Aug 26 with 1618 viewssaints__fan__73

McCarthy is costing us points on 12:13 - Aug 26 by dirk_doone

Your trademark seems to be making up stories. Keep trying. Someone might believe you one day.

If only Nick could get a decent site search engine. Some of your Lallana fan-boy posts were worth framing! :)

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

McCarthy is costing us points on 12:32 - Aug 26 with 1608 viewsdirk_doone

McCarthy is costing us points on 12:19 - Aug 26 by saints__fan__73

If only Nick could get a decent site search engine. Some of your Lallana fan-boy posts were worth framing! :)

You have such a vivid imagination that some people might call you deluded but I'll be kind. You do need an anger management class or two though. Have a nice day over there in Ohio. ;)

McCarthy is costing us points on 13:15 - Aug 26 with 1559 viewssaints__fan__73

McCarthy is costing us points on 12:32 - Aug 26 by dirk_doone

You have such a vivid imagination that some people might call you deluded but I'll be kind. You do need an anger management class or two though. Have a nice day over there in Ohio. ;)

Ohio? I think you may be confusing me with someone you've had a run-in with in the past Dirk! :)

In the Leslie/Del Wilderness Years of TUI wasn't there a comedy poster who pretended to be living in the US? If we had that search engine we could find him. (and the posts of yours where you claimed Lallana to be 'world class'! :)

McCarthy is costing us points on 13:37 - Aug 26 with 1543 viewscocklebreath

McCarthy is costing us points on 12:16 - Aug 26 by Bison

I think they are much of a muchness but watching Forster fall apart before he eventually went off to Celtic was horrendous to watch , he was far worse than whatever anyone thinks about McCarthy's ability.

Out of the 2 McCarthy was the last of them to be picked and play for England. I wish McCarthy was more vocal but if we had to rely on one of them for a season than I would take McCarthy as he seems more steady whilst Forster could quite easily go off the rails again which would be a disaster.

Not having that, an off the rails Forster is still better than a mute statue in goal

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

McCarthy is costing us points on 13:46 - Aug 26 with 1528 viewssaint22

McCarthy is costing us points on 13:37 - Aug 26 by cocklebreath

Not having that, an off the rails Forster is still better than a mute statue in goal

this
McCarthy is costing us points on 13:52 - Aug 26 with 1528 viewsButty101

Not Dirk the other guy!

Dirk is one to get carried away, Calum Chambers was the ghost of bobby moore :-)

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Login to get fewer ads

McCarthy is costing us points on 15:08 - Aug 26 with 1506 viewssaints__fan__73

McCarthy is costing us points on 13:52 - Aug 26 by Butty101

Not Dirk the other guy!

Dirk is one to get carried away, Calum Chambers was the ghost of bobby moore :-)

I'd forgotten that one!

You're correct, Dirk went to one of those pre-season Emirates Cup matches and came back and told us all that Callum Chambers was the next Bobby Moore!

I think we better get the Samaritans on speed dial for him when he sees that McCarthy is about to sign a new 3 year deal with us!

https://theathletic.com/2788898/2021/08/25/exclusive-alex-mccarthy-signs-new-thr

McCarthy is costing us points on 11:00 - Aug 27 with 1414 viewsForeverred

IN my opinion Forster is the better goalie even at his age of 33 years. Obviously Father Time has caught up with him. But under koeman and puel he served us well, helping us to quality for Europe finishing in our highest position in the premiership under koeman, and getting us to the league cup final without conceding a goal until the final.he still holds the record for having successive clean sheets in a season I believe. On the argument of his wages Reed gave him that contract is it his fault? the club at that time obviously thought he was worth it.would any of us take a reduction having agreed on a contract I wouldn’t . In today terms 70,000 is peanuts compared to some average players receiving much more for their limited ability . He will probably play second fiddle to McCarthy this season due to Mac signing a new 3 year contract. But when called upon he will do a good job as his understudy I am sure.
McCarthy is costing us points on 10:30 - Aug 29 with 1286 viewsSaintNick

McCarthy is costing us points on 11:00 - Aug 27 by Foreverred

IN my opinion Forster is the better goalie even at his age of 33 years. Obviously Father Time has caught up with him. But under koeman and puel he served us well, helping us to quality for Europe finishing in our highest position in the premiership under koeman, and getting us to the league cup final without conceding a goal until the final.he still holds the record for having successive clean sheets in a season I believe. On the argument of his wages Reed gave him that contract is it his fault? the club at that time obviously thought he was worth it.would any of us take a reduction having agreed on a contract I wouldn’t . In today terms 70,000 is peanuts compared to some average players receiving much more for their limited ability . He will probably play second fiddle to McCarthy this season due to Mac signing a new 3 year contract. But when called upon he will do a good job as his understudy I am sure.

McCarthy had a reasonable game at Newcastle, he commanded his box and came out and caught a few crosses, also made a decent save on the stroke of half time

I still dont think he is the answer, but a little credit when he deserves it

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

McCarthy is costing us points on 10:55 - Aug 29 with 1273 viewsdirk_doone

McCarthy is costing us points on 10:30 - Aug 29 by SaintNick

McCarthy had a reasonable game at Newcastle, he commanded his box and came out and caught a few crosses, also made a decent save on the stroke of half time

I still dont think he is the answer, but a little credit when he deserves it

I agree, Nick. It was his best game this year. Now, all he needs is to keep his first clean sheet this year.

McCarthy is costing us points on 14:00 - Aug 29 with 1190 views1885_SFC

McCarthy is costing us points on 10:55 - Aug 29 by dirk_doone

I agree, Nick. It was his best game this year. Now, all he needs is to keep his first clean sheet this year.

With the free scoring West Ham up next - followed by the even freer scoring Manchester City away - I'm not pinning my hopes on McCarthy's 'clean sheet' stats improving any time soon.

Old School is Cool

McCarthy is costing us points on 14:23 - Aug 29 with 1172 viewssaint22

McCarthy is costing us points on 14:00 - Aug 29 by 1885_SFC

With the free scoring West Ham up next - followed by the even freer scoring Manchester City away - I'm not pinning my hopes on McCarthy's 'clean sheet' stats improving any time soon.

Ralph really needs to get the defence sorted before West Ham they are so quick and we seem to struggle against the Antonio type every time
McCarthy is costing us points on 16:46 - Nov 20 with 991 viewsdirk_doone

He's still costing us points. No other team in the Premier League would let him anywhere near their first team.

McCarthy is costing us points on 16:53 - Nov 20 with 972 viewsElijahK

We really need a new goalie! As I I don’t care what others say about Forster, but he’s just as bad, but McCarthy is now getting to a point where it’s really costing us points. I mean how the heck did he let in that second goal!? I doubt Forster would’ve done any better, hence why we just need a new number 1 in January

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

McCarthy is costing us points on 16:55 - Nov 20 with 957 viewsdirk_doone

McCarthy is costing us points on 16:53 - Nov 20 by ElijahK

We really need a new goalie! As I I don’t care what others say about Forster, but he’s just as bad, but McCarthy is now getting to a point where it’s really costing us points. I mean how the heck did he let in that second goal!? I doubt Forster would’ve done any better, hence why we just need a new number 1 in January

Forster would certainly have done better, He is not totally sh!t like McCarthy, which is why he keeps so many more clean sheets. We would not have lost today with Forster in goal.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2021 16:56]

McCarthy is costing us points on 06:41 - Nov 21 with 824 viewssaintwizzler

McCarthy is costing us points on 16:55 - Nov 20 by dirk_doone

Forster would certainly have done better, He is not totally sh!t like McCarthy, which is why he keeps so many more clean sheets. We would not have lost today with Forster in goal.

The first goal was poor, but you think oh well we go again.
You can’t keep saying it was a foul 5 minutes ago, it shouldn’t have been given.
You play to the whistle. Kids fûcking stuff.

The second, well, from where we were stood it looked like he got hands on it, but no.
Awful keeping.

The decision to play Diallo on the right was baffling with Tella and Walcott on the bench.
But then to put Walcott on up front and Armstrong to left midfield?
WTF?

I’m sorry but playing KWP at left back isn’t working. He was too easily controlled yesterday as they knew he was only going one way with the ball.
It is unfair on the player and more importantly us who spend a lot of time and money getting to these places.

Hassenhüttl maybe a nice man but that don’t win football matches.
Dean Smith fired some fûcks into his team at the break (as he did in his last PL match) and his team came out a different side.
How many times have we been pîss poor in the second half under the Austrian’s leadership?
If I could trust the powers that be to employ a decent replacement I’d say thanks Ralph but you’ve taken us as far as you can, thanks for breaking all these club records, bye bye.
But they won’t

As long as we are not in danger of going down Hassenhüttl will stay. Unless another club comes along offering him more money then he be gone like a flash.

We may as well cash in on KWP in January if there are takers and use the money to get a decent fûcking keeper at the club. One that can make routine saves and can kick a ball.
We are overloaded with right sided players and have Perraud and Small who can play LB.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

McCarthy is costing us points on 09:43 - Nov 21 with 750 viewscocklebreath

The worst keeper in the league and the worst keeper I’ve seen play for saints, what makes it worse is his complete lack of giving a shite when he foooks up, gourmless cooont

McCarthy is costing us points on 10:02 - Nov 21 with 733 viewsgrumpy

My biggest complaints about McCarthy is he doesn't appear to organise the defence and his distribution. How many times do you see him throw the ball to a defender who is clearly going to be under pressure to release the ball because their so close to an opposition player?
McCarthy is costing us points on 10:17 - Nov 21 with 717 viewscocklebreath

McCarthy is costing us points on 10:02 - Nov 21 by grumpy

My biggest complaints about McCarthy is he doesn't appear to organise the defence and his distribution. How many times do you see him throw the ball to a defender who is clearly going to be under pressure to release the ball because their so close to an opposition player?

My biggest complaint is he can’t save shots

McCarthy is costing us points on 10:19 - Nov 21 with 714 viewssaint68

McCarthy is costing us points on 10:17 - Nov 21 by cocklebreath

My biggest complaint is he can’t save shots

He's shìt isn't he!!

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

McCarthy is costing us points on 20:43 - Nov 21 with 648 viewsElijahK

McCarthy is costing us points on 16:55 - Nov 20 by dirk_doone

Yeah, but I’m certain that Forster would’ve cost us points previously and in the future where McCarthy didn’t, as they’re both just rubbish hence why we need a new keeper!

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

McCarthy is costing us points on 21:53 - Nov 21 with 634 viewsdirk_doone

McCarthy is costing us points on 20:43 - Nov 21 by ElijahK

Yeah, but I’m certain that Forster would’ve cost us points previously and in the future where McCarthy didn’t, as they’re both just rubbish hence why we need a new keeper!

How long have you been watching Saints???We had our highest finishes this century - 7th and 6th - when Fraser Forster was in goal. He's kept numerous clean sheets and got us to a Wembley final with clean sheets against Arsenal and Liverpool twice. Even this season, when he's played, he's been good. We'd never have achieved any of that with McCarthy in goal. He is a liability and shouldn't be playing at this level.

Of course there are better goalkeepers than Forster out there but could we get them with our limited transfer budget and lowly league position? Personally, I'd like to see us buy Hrádecky but with Bayer Leverkusen doing so well, would he come here? The important thing is to get rid of McCarthy so he can't play for us any more. We could take any random goalkeeper from the Championship and he'd be an improvement on McCarthy but getting one better than Forster to come here will be more difficult because we won't pay more than £10 mill for him and he'd probably already be at a club of our status.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2021 0:02]

McCarthy is costing us points on 10:31 - Nov 22 with 543 viewsPaleRider

I would say that the statistics speak for themselves - Forster must start!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024