Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BoJo 10:58 - Sep 7 with 3825 viewssaint22

Still doing U turns, though this time going back on his manifesto guarantee so he is shafting the entire country this time
What a fool this man is
BoJo on 08:48 - Sep 8 with 1105 viewssaint22

BoJo on 08:04 - Sep 8 by City_boy

If you worked throughout the pandemic, why should the Government pay you Furlough money ? The Furlough scheme/payments were designed to help people who had no income or had been laid off as a result of the pandemic. It wasn't holiday pay.

What are you on about?
I know what furlough is/was and I didn't take it because i worked
My point was I paid tax/NI whilst others were furloughed and now I am expected to pay more to help out again
One more example of this government being clueless.

How about abandoning the white elephant HS2 and saving 100bn that should help pay for social care
BoJo on 09:55 - Sep 8 with 1066 viewsBazza

BoJo on 08:34 - Sep 8 by DellHero

All 3 of mine work. And have massive student debt. At almost 7% interest.

I’m not a commie Bazza. But inheritance tax (in a country where house price inflation ‘earns’ people fortunes) could stomach more of the burden. No?

I totally relate to that, have 2 in the same boat of student debt. Lord Willett got praise for introducing his idiot student funding scheme presenting it as loans but it would be cheaper for the Govt. to revert to free education since most student debt is written off after 30 years. 7% Interest cost is disgusting. Like to know who owns the Student Financing they’re making money out of this.
Back to the inheritance point, I actually agree that house price inflation has caused unusual profits but don’t think inheritance tax should be higher but inheritance loopholes should be closed e.g. trust funds, off shore accounts, fake property company ownership etc and tax exemptions for the royals
BoJo on 10:28 - Sep 8 with 1043 viewssaint22

BoJo on 09:55 - Sep 8 by Bazza

I totally relate to that, have 2 in the same boat of student debt. Lord Willett got praise for introducing his idiot student funding scheme presenting it as loans but it would be cheaper for the Govt. to revert to free education since most student debt is written off after 30 years. 7% Interest cost is disgusting. Like to know who owns the Student Financing they’re making money out of this.
Back to the inheritance point, I actually agree that house price inflation has caused unusual profits but don’t think inheritance tax should be higher but inheritance loopholes should be closed e.g. trust funds, off shore accounts, fake property company ownership etc and tax exemptions for the royals

Yeah there's an idea, the royals tax exemption, what wonders that could do hey
BoJo on 10:29 - Sep 8 with 1043 viewsChesham_Saint

BoJo on 07:44 - Sep 8 by DellHero

C**T Boris thieves again. Tory scum will never get my vote.
WTF are the young shouldering the cost of Covid (that’s what this is about) when they weren’t at risk from the pathetic virus. The old were at risk. They can f**king pay. C**ts.
And the fat. Popped into Fareham yesterday and couldn’t help doing a fat survey. At least 50%. And about half of them are too fat to even walk properly.
If you are young or mid-age and keep yourself healthy and in work then this country takes the f**king piss out of you.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2021 7:48]

Thanks Dell, but I'm not seeing a response to my point about tax there...

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

BoJo on 10:36 - Sep 8 with 1039 viewsChesham_Saint

BoJo on 07:52 - Sep 8 by DellHero

It’s not a disgrace. When you die you don’t need the home you worked for. Why should your lazy kids get it? What did they do to earn that home (asset). Inheritance tax should be minimum 50% rising to 90% as the value of the inheritance rises.
Why should some slobbo relative get a quarter or half a mil or more for nothing?
Ridiculous house price increases have massively distorted inheritance. It’s an obvious place for the government to get an easy win and it’s actually very fair. If you didn’t earn your parent’s house why should you get it ? I realise the parents paid tax as they earned it, but why should the greedy offspring get a massive windfall for nothing.

Your response and assumptions about fat slob lazy kids says a lot. In any event, you miss the point.

It's not about the kids deserving it or not, it's about the parent (or someone else who cares about them) being prepared to work, take out a mortgage (which they have to pay for out of their taxed income) all the while with the risk that they might lose everything if they fall ill or lose their job. The value of the house might decrease (as with the negative equity situation in the 90s).

Homeowners also have to pay for the upkeep, rates, insurance and maintenance for years on end. Where's the incentive for them to do that if they have to give it away at the end?

BoJo on 10:45 - Sep 8 with 1035 viewsChesham_Saint

BoJo on 08:34 - Sep 8 by DellHero

All 3 of mine work. And have massive student debt. At almost 7% interest.

I’m not a commie Bazza. But inheritance tax (in a country where house price inflation ‘earns’ people fortunes) could stomach more of the burden. No?

Massive student debt?

I have two post graduates and they have considerable student loans as well. However, they only have to start to pay this off once they earn to a certain level. One has just started a job on £25k pa and is paying back £5, yes five (!), pounds a month.

Clearly he'll pay more as his career develops but it is unlikely he'll ever pay off the full amount (which ultimately gets written off anyway) and is thankful for the great education he's had and feels fine about paying towards the cost of it.

Meanwhile the debt does not come into any mortgage or credit assessments.

In short, it's nowhere near as onerous as you're making out.

BoJo on 11:04 - Sep 8 with 1026 viewsDellHero

BoJo on 10:45 - Sep 8 by Chesham_Saint

Massive student debt?

I have two post graduates and they have considerable student loans as well. However, they only have to start to pay this off once they earn to a certain level. One has just started a job on £25k pa and is paying back £5, yes five (!), pounds a month.

Clearly he'll pay more as his career develops but it is unlikely he'll ever pay off the full amount (which ultimately gets written off anyway) and is thankful for the great education he's had and feels fine about paying towards the cost of it.

Meanwhile the debt does not come into any mortgage or credit assessments.

In short, it's nowhere near as onerous as you're making out.

Super response. You are correct. I do wonder though, if the education leads to higher salary (part of the intent of getting higher qualifications in most cases) then how much do they then pay?
BoJo on 11:08 - Sep 8 with 1020 viewsDellHero

BoJo on 10:36 - Sep 8 by Chesham_Saint

Your response and assumptions about fat slob lazy kids says a lot. In any event, you miss the point.

It's not about the kids deserving it or not, it's about the parent (or someone else who cares about them) being prepared to work, take out a mortgage (which they have to pay for out of their taxed income) all the while with the risk that they might lose everything if they fall ill or lose their job. The value of the house might decrease (as with the negative equity situation in the 90s).

Homeowners also have to pay for the upkeep, rates, insurance and maintenance for years on end. Where's the incentive for them to do that if they have to give it away at the end?

I was just dummy-spitting.

Over decades house prices rise. Negative equity is usually temporary, Chesh. We hope!

The incentive, as you mention, is to own your home to live in it etc.

I’m told my house has gone up £100k in the last 3-5 years or so. I’ve paid no tax on that ‘earned’ wealth. Should I/we…?
Login to get fewer ads

BoJo on 11:40 - Sep 8 with 1004 viewsChesham_Saint

BoJo on 11:08 - Sep 8 by DellHero

Over decades house prices rise. Negative equity is usually temporary, Chesh. We hope!

I’m told my house has gone up £100k in the last 3-5 years or so. I’ve paid no tax on that ‘earned’ wealth. Should I/we…?

No, Dell, you should not.

1. There is absolutely no guarantee that house prices will rise. What if the owner has to sell during a period of negative equity?
2. Like it or not this is a risk which the homeowner is prepared to take on. It may not be a highly likely event but it is a risk. Tenants and the government for that matter, do not face this risk.
3. A mortgage (unlike a student loan) absolutely has to be paid back which is an onerous obligation.
4. Mortgage rates can go up - sometimes ridiculously so which is again an onerous risk for the owner.
5. Everyone worries where there income is going to come from, but homeowners know they are just a few cheques away from disaster for what, 20-25 years? This is an invisible but real cost of ownership.
6. Unearned income? You seem to forget that homeowners meet their mortgage payments through their taxed income. Why shouldn't they be free to speculate with their own (taxed) income?
7. Almost everything used in the home has vat on it.
8. There is an obligation to insure the house and Insurance Premium tax is payable.
9. Upkeep of the home is the owner's responsibility - again onerous. Tenants merely have to call their landlord (and a good landlord should respond in a timely way).
10. People who own their homes and tend to take better care of them than tenants — a never ending task.

So, the incentive of living in your own home is NOT a free ride. It’s a stressful, long term onerous commitment, so why should I bother doing any of that if everything I potentially gain is taken away from me? In short, the government take no risk whatsoever in the process and also doesn’t have the responsibility of housing those that do.

BoJo on 14:22 - Sep 8 with 954 viewsSaintsforeverj

BoJo on 11:08 - Sep 8 by DellHero

At the moment, a home owner that has done the right thing, paid off their mortgage, worked hard all their life, owned a home, suddenly has no choice but to give their house to the government to pay for their care, in the event that they get ill or need care. Others who have rented or haven't worked even, will get free care. Rightly so, as we can't leave people Ill on the streets. But the home owner should get to choose what to do with "their money". This change is well over due.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

BoJo on 15:39 - Sep 8 with 930 viewsCity_boy

BoJo on 11:04 - Sep 8 by DellHero

Super response. You are correct. I do wonder though, if the education leads to higher salary (part of the intent of getting higher qualifications in most cases) then how much do they then pay?

My daughter graduated 4 years ago and pays 9% on anything above £21k.

Yes, the interest rate is extortionate (3% above RPI , I think), but most of them will never pay it off and it will get written off. The money we put aside to plan for when she went to uni, we gave her towards a deposit for a flat, rather than pay the loan off.

It's not really a loan/debt - it's just a tax. They only pay it back if they are earning.
BoJo on 18:39 - Sep 8 with 874 viewsBison

Why has the pond crossing , apartment owning , self declared fair boss of his staff gone quiet .

I really didnt think you would be on Furlough S22 seeing you would be the one doing the furloughing , did you manage to keep your PA so they could organise your golfing in Puglia ?

Sorry mate , just joking. I apologise if you have genuinely suffered over the last couple of years. I agree with you , Boris raising the NI by a real 10% must be making you worry.

Hang in there mate , maybe a Saints win on Saturday will help.

COYS.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

BoJo on 13:37 - Sep 9 with 804 viewsGasGiant

BoJo on 08:48 - Sep 8 by saint22

What are you on about?
I know what furlough is/was and I didn't take it because i worked
My point was I paid tax/NI whilst others were furloughed and now I am expected to pay more to help out again
One more example of this government being clueless.

How about abandoning the white elephant HS2 and saving 100bn that should help pay for social care

You don't exercise common sense on the things you don't know about. Cancelling contracts that have already started firstly destroys confidence among all the capital intensive industries necessary to build and maintain our national infrstructure. It hits the UK's civil engineers and train builders far harder than our overseas competitors; It destroys the continuity of maintaining an expert workforce in many highly skilled engineering disciplines who earn this country valuable revenue in highly competitive overseas markets, and it leaves us with disjointed, unbalanced schemes that don't join up and sweat the investments made in them. By the way, shall we cancel the Lower Thames crossing as well while we are at it? As for HS2 specifically are you sure you understand its funding scope and how it integrates separate programmes up and down the country, but it is necessary not only as part of a reducing carbon strategy but to create capacity on principal arterial routes both up and down and across the country. Regarding your NI contributions, do you expect HMRC to issue yoiu with some kind of credit note because you've paid a bit while others didn't? Conversely do you expect all those laid off or furloughed to receive a levy for what they didn't pay during furlough? How do you propose to extrapolate that bit of truculence into a workable fiscal strategy - well give it a try and we can work out the loopholes together.
BoJo on 06:29 - Sep 11 with 715 viewsMrangry25

BoJo on 07:52 - Sep 8 by DellHero

It’s not a disgrace. When you die you don’t need the home you worked for. Why should your lazy kids get it? What did they do to earn that home (asset). Inheritance tax should be minimum 50% rising to 90% as the value of the inheritance rises.
Why should some slobbo relative get a quarter or half a mil or more for nothing?
Ridiculous house price increases have massively distorted inheritance. It’s an obvious place for the government to get an easy win and it’s actually very fair. If you didn’t earn your parent’s house why should you get it ? I realise the parents paid tax as they earned it, but why should the greedy offspring get a massive windfall for nothing.

Well I am certainly not a fat lazy 60 year old slob and I certainly object to you suggesting that I am one of the greedy offspring, I own my own house after having paid a mortgage for 25 years and brought up 2 kids, my parents had their own business and employed 4-5 people for the best part of 35 years paying s**t load of taxes as they went along, they are both 83 still going strong and still paying taxes. Inheritance tax is wrong, and actually is a very small % of the tax taken by the Treasury.
BoJo on 08:05 - Sep 11 with 692 viewskentsouthampton

BoJo on 14:18 - Sep 7 by Saintsforeverj

People who have saved all their lives to own their own home, done the right thing, shouldn't have to then sell it to the government when the owner dies. A change here is well over due, promised by various other leaders who did nothing. At least Boris is doing something about it. And social care needs more money, has done for years, again Boris is trying to fix it. Tax rises are inevitable after the pandemic, despite what was said before anybody knew what was coming. Polls suggest that the majority back this move, as the NHS and social care need more funding, and people seem happy to pay a bit more in their taxes for this cause.

You think getting people who can't afford a house to stump up so those that can dodge paying for their care is a good idea?
BoJo on 09:05 - Sep 11 with 673 viewssaint22

BoJo on 18:39 - Sep 8 by Bison

Why has the pond crossing , apartment owning , self declared fair boss of his staff gone quiet .

I really didnt think you would be on Furlough S22 seeing you would be the one doing the furloughing , did you manage to keep your PA so they could organise your golfing in Puglia ?

Sorry mate , just joking. I apologise if you have genuinely suffered over the last couple of years. I agree with you , Boris raising the NI by a real 10% must be making you worry.

Hang in there mate , maybe a Saints win on Saturday will help.

COYS.

Still here pal, thanks for your concern

What I propose is those who earn over 150k a year face a 1% income tax rise and a 2% NI raise that should cover it nicely I dont see why hard working individuals earning 30/40k a year should be punished now just as their life and jobs get back to normal
It doesn't make me worry it just pi55es me off the people fall for the same tory BS every single time and take the man who bleats he can't live on 150k at his word when he says he understand the public ffs

It makes a mockery of everything the Tories promised as usual
Trouble is a lot of people got sucked in and only now will it hit home
BoJo on 10:51 - Sep 11 with 636 viewsChesham_Saint

BoJo on 09:05 - Sep 11 by saint22

Still here pal, thanks for your concern

What I propose is those who earn over 150k a year face a 1% income tax rise and a 2% NI raise that should cover it nicely I dont see why hard working individuals earning 30/40k a year should be punished now just as their life and jobs get back to normal
It doesn't make me worry it just pi55es me off the people fall for the same tory BS every single time and take the man who bleats he can't live on 150k at his word when he says he understand the public ffs

It makes a mockery of everything the Tories promised as usual
Trouble is a lot of people got sucked in and only now will it hit home

My! You do seem to have a bit of a chip on your shoulder about those earning over £150k as if that makes them mega rich and not at all hard working. You do realize that BoJo the (Tory) Bastard gets less as Prime MInister than many, many other professions?

Anyway, assuming for a moment that your proposal for extra tax and NI on the filthy rich works, do you accept that IHT is not a good thing?

BoJo on 11:12 - Sep 11 with 631 viewssaint22

BoJo on 10:51 - Sep 11 by Chesham_Saint

My! You do seem to have a bit of a chip on your shoulder about those earning over £150k as if that makes them mega rich and not at all hard working. You do realize that BoJo the (Tory) Bastard gets less as Prime MInister than many, many other professions?

Anyway, assuming for a moment that your proposal for extra tax and NI on the filthy rich works, do you accept that IHT is not a good thing?

I am in the bracket pal so no chip as you say
More the fact that BoJo as usual is totally out of touch with how to solve a problem
I mean if Amazon google Apple paid 1% more tax I would say that would help, no?
BoJo on 13:46 - Sep 11 with 617 viewsBazza

BoJo on 11:12 - Sep 11 by saint22

More the fact that BoJo as usual is totally out of touch with how to solve a problem

Perhaps he should stop the NHS advertising to recruit numerous senior managers at salaries well over £200k
BoJo on 13:49 - Sep 11 with 616 viewsChesham_Saint

BoJo on 11:12 - Sep 11 by saint22

Absolutely they should pay more tax but it’s an incredibly difficult thing to do requiring a lot of international cooperation not just the UK government.

BoJo on 13:14 - Oct 3 with 463 viewsSadoldgit

Just heard our beloved PM on the news criticising the Criminal Justice System for various failings. What he failed to mention was the swingeing cuts that have been forced on the CJS over the past decade and more under the Tories. The CPS, the police, the court services, the probation service, the prison service have all faced annual cuts to their budgets which have resulted in fewer staff, fewer experienced staff (those with long service have been encouraged to leave to bring the wage bills down), fewer resources, closed offices etc. Bringing cases to court is very expensive. Doing so on a tight budget serves no one, least of all the public. He has announced more money for the police - great but they will still be well underfunded compared to 10 years ago and what about the rest of the CJS? It doesn’t all start and end with the police. The CPS, the courts, prison and probation services all need investment so that they can deal efficiently with cases presented by the police. Morale is low in the CJS as it is. His comments will only help fuel discontent even more.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024