Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Walcott 15:38 - Oct 2 with 1209 viewssaint22

Seriously wtf is the point in him playing
He literally runs about out of position and offers nothing
Complete and utter waste of cash
Walcott on 18:37 - Oct 2 with 1129 viewssaintwizzler

Yep. Total waste of £50k+ a week.
Past it.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Walcott on 20:51 - Oct 2 with 1054 viewsPatfromPoole

Pathetic non-effort by him to close down the cross for Chelsea’s (harshly) disallowed goal just before half-time.

He was crap again today.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Walcott on 21:02 - Oct 2 with 1038 viewssaint22

Walcott on 20:51 - Oct 2 by PatfromPoole

Pathetic non-effort by him to close down the cross for Chelsea’s (harshly) disallowed goal just before half-time.

He was crap again today.

Like playing with ten men if he starts
Walcott on 21:48 - Oct 2 with 998 viewssolent_toffee

He has zero appetite for the game, but is a nice fella who says the right things and looks the part.

On 70k a week with no pain threshold.
Walcott on 22:01 - Oct 2 with 969 viewsDorsetIan

I don’t think there’s going to be any improvement from Redmond, Long or Walcott. We should be playing Elyounoussi, who may still improve, Adams and Broja ahead of all of these.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Walcott on 22:21 - Oct 2 with 950 viewskernow

Seriously disillusioned with the stupid decisions made by the people running this football club. With so many folk struggling these days it makes sick that some footballers are stealing an unimaginably lucrative living and taking the p1ss.
Hope they sink like a stone. Not interested anymore. Feck off!
Walcott on 22:42 - Oct 2 with 905 viewsBicester_North

Walcott on 22:21 - Oct 2 by kernow

Seriously disillusioned with the stupid decisions made by the people running this football club. With so many folk struggling these days it makes sick that some footballers are stealing an unimaginably lucrative living and taking the p1ss.
Hope they sink like a stone. Not interested anymore. Feck off!

Did you just decide this after Chelsea away??

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Walcott on 22:51 - Oct 2 with 895 viewskernow

Have thought about it for the last five years.
The thrill is gone.
Login to get fewer ads

Walcott on 22:58 - Oct 2 with 878 viewsBicester_North

Walcott on 22:51 - Oct 2 by kernow

Have thought about it for the last five years.
The thrill is gone.

I quite agree. Still a good piss up now and again though.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Walcott on 23:15 - Oct 2 with 851 viewskernow

I would enjoy convivial gatherings with fellow fans over a pint or several and enjoy watching a bit of professionalism and honest endeavour on the football pitch.
Missing both.
Staying fit and healthy is the priority these days.
Walcott on 09:44 - Oct 3 with 632 viewsinthebox

The reason Walcott was paid so much this week is because he played a part in entertaining trillions of people around the world.
Walcott on 09:49 - Oct 3 with 623 viewskernow

Walcott on 09:44 - Oct 3 by inthebox

The reason Walcott was paid so much this week is because he played a part in entertaining trillions of people around the world.

Is it red nose day?
Walcott on 09:52 - Oct 3 with 612 viewsRon11

Walcott on 09:44 - Oct 3 by inthebox

'Played' as in the distant past.
Not these days.
Walcott on 10:11 - Oct 3 with 597 viewsA1079

I was very concerned when we took back Walcott. The loan bit I was kind of ok with but to take him permanently was a strange decision given his history. Everything his previous clubs managers and supporters of those clubs have been saying that here is a player with so much talent but does not simply apply himself for any length of time. At best you get a honeymoon period with Walcott and then he slips back into just drifting by, happy to take the salary and not much else. But, he is not alone. For me, by and large Redmond is not much, if any better. Both flatter to deceive - the odd moment of wonder interspersed with long periods of nothingness.
Walcott on 11:25 - Oct 3 with 563 viewssolent_toffee

Walcott on 10:11 - Oct 3 by A1079

I was very concerned when we took back Walcott. The loan bit I was kind of ok with but to take him permanently was a strange decision given his history. Everything his previous clubs managers and supporters of those clubs have been saying that here is a player with so much talent but does not simply apply himself for any length of time. At best you get a honeymoon period with Walcott and then he slips back into just drifting by, happy to take the salary and not much else. But, he is not alone. For me, by and large Redmond is not much, if any better. Both flatter to deceive - the odd moment of wonder interspersed with long periods of nothingness.

A couple of things stand out on Walcott from his time at Everton for me, that kind of sums him up.

In a home game against Man City he had the ball booted into his face from a free kick out wide. Now it was hit hard but not that hard. This was in the first ninety seconds of the game and he was taken off. The second one was he scored a last minute winner against Watford and then followed it up in the next game with an absolute peach of a cross for the opener against Palace after about 15 minutes. He then pulled up with what appeared to be a strain walking comfortably off the pitch and was then out until the recommencent after lockdown. There was no attempt to carry on it was almost as if he’d done his bit and that was that.

Most Evertonians wouldn’t speak badly of him because he didn’t do anything particularly bad, he just didn’t do anything particularly good, for a 20 million pound player, but did pick up a massive wage.

I can’t believe Saints gave him a two year deal to be honest, shocking business regardless if he was on a free.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024