Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A World Cup every two years? 21:58 - Sep 7 with 1074 viewsSadoldgit

One of the things that makes the competition special is the infrequency of it. If it comes around every 5 minutes will it have the same appeal? What happens to the Euros? Crazy idea.
A World Cup every two years? on 22:05 - Sep 7 with 1068 viewsBicester_North

Pathetic shite from the voyeur Wenger. But no doubt it will happen if power crazed greedy turds can make money out of it.

Similar thing to having the FA Cup semis at Wembley, completely devalued the day of the final itself.

And the European cup becoming the champions league containing teams that finished 4th
[Post edited 7 Sep 2021 22:08]

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

A World Cup every two years? on 22:14 - Sep 7 with 1046 viewsA1079

They will kill the meaning of it in the same way messing around and tinkering has irretrievably damaged the prestige of the FA Cup.
A World Cup every two years? on 09:03 - Sep 8 with 946 viewsBerber

Fifa, money, corruption.
A World Cup every two years? on 10:59 - Sep 8 with 921 viewsChesham_Saint

One word...."Qatar"

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

A World Cup every two years? on 12:24 - Sep 8 with 907 viewssaint68

Just pure greed..no regard for human rights..no regard for same sex partnership..no regard for anything other than cash.
Football is broken and this new sham sums it up perfectly..greed greed greed

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

A World Cup every two years? on 17:26 - Sep 8 with 839 views1ASIN12

As others have said this is all about money for FIFA and UEFA

So we will have the World Cup one summer, then the Euro's the next, the World Cup the next summer after and then the Nations League the summer after that?

And they wonder why players get knackered - how long before UEFA and FIFA start wanting to cut thenumberofteams in premier league ?
A World Cup every two years? on 17:36 - Sep 8 with 835 viewsSadoldgit

Hopefully fans will be given a say in this and will give it a resounding no!
A World Cup every two years? on 18:30 - Sep 8 with 821 viewsSouthamptonfan

It's a silly idea, but when the same people decide to have a competition in a country where being gay is illegal and punishable by death, it wouldn't surprise me. Quatar's disgraceful treatment of gay people and the workers over there, means that surely we should boycott? And if we don't, I hope the England players will all wear rainbow lace arm bands.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2021 18:33]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Login to get fewer ads

A World Cup every two years? on 18:37 - Sep 8 with 809 viewsChesham_Saint

A World Cup every two years? on 18:30 - Sep 8 by Southamptonfan

It's a silly idea, but when the same people decide to have a competition in a country where being gay is illegal and punishable by death, it wouldn't surprise me. Quatar's disgraceful treatment of gay people and the workers over there, means that surely we should boycott? And if we don't, I hope the England players will all wear rainbow lace arm bands.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2021 18:33]

I'm not one for taking the knee, as I think it's now a load of patronising crap, but I'd be all for a revised England shirt with some kind of gay/women's rights motif...

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

A World Cup every two years? on 18:43 - Sep 8 with 806 viewsSouthamptonfan

A World Cup every two years? on 18:37 - Sep 8 by Chesham_Saint

I'm not one for taking the knee, as I think it's now a load of patronising crap, but I'd be all for a revised England shirt with some kind of gay/women's rights motif...

Totally agree. It's just that they need to have it rammed down their throats, that putting gay people to death is totally wrong and we need to make a statement.

A World Cup every two years? on 18:54 - Sep 8 with 799 viewsRednWight

A World Cup every two years? on 18:43 - Sep 8 by Southamptonfan

Totally agree. It's just that they need to have it rammed down their throats, that putting gay people to death is totally wrong and we need to make a statement.

But surely all the players who take the knee to object to all forms of discrimination will refuse to play there
If not they will look like a bunch of hypocrites

The older I get the better I was
Poll: Cortese. Would we have him back

A World Cup every two years? on 20:56 - Sep 8 with 785 viewsSadoldgit

A World Cup every two years? on 18:54 - Sep 8 by RednWight

But surely all the players who take the knee to object to all forms of discrimination will refuse to play there
If not they will look like a bunch of hypocrites

You could argue that taking the message to every game in the completion in their own back yard could be more effective than just not going.
A World Cup every two years? on 20:59 - Sep 8 with 786 viewskernow

It's all about money and compromises.
The more you make
The more you make..
A World Cup every two years? on 22:48 - Sep 8 with 754 viewsSouthamptonfan

https://www.southamptonfc.com/news/2021-09-08/southampton-fc-hummel-show-your-su

Saints leading the way against homophobia. This is what we need the be doing in Qatar.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2021 22:49]

A World Cup every two years? on 05:38 - Sep 9 with 729 viewskingslandstand1

A World Cup every two years? on 20:59 - Sep 8 by kernow

It's all about money and compromises.
The more you make
The more you make..

It can't be about money, Wenger said so!!

Well he said it would be "distributed" throughout the game - yeah, I believe you!
A World Cup every two years? on 10:03 - Sep 10 with 649 viewsSadoldgit

I used to think that Wenger was an intelligent, thoughtful man but can only assume that he has accepted a shedload of money to push this agenda. Money is great and makes the world go round blah blah blah, but it is not all about the wonga. Money has ruined football in this country. Yes we have a super “product” in this country but there is no heart in it. It’s a bit like having sex with a prostitute, you pay for something and you get something in return but it is just a business transaction. The same will happen with the WC if it comes round every 2 years. It’s value lies in its rarity. Once it moves to every other season it will lose its allure and just become another corporate event like Wimbledon which is fun whilst it lasts but is instantly forgotten once it’s over.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024