Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Newcastle's billions 20:11 - Oct 8 with 1427 viewskingslandstand1

If the Arabs had come down to SMS with these same promises of wealth and silverware would we really want them?

We've all been moaning about Chairman Gao and need someone to invest a fortune in us but the reality is, if they did come to us I wouldn't fancy it

Can't say I'd expect the same crowds turning up at SMS as did SJP either, but the price they are also paying is that everyone hates them now

Not saying I dont want Gao out, well a buyer with a few bob, but what they're promising is obscene
Newcastle's billions on 20:13 - Oct 8 with 1427 viewscocklebreath

I don’t think everyone hates them now, I think a lot of fans from smaller clubs are hoping they piss the big clubs off, I know I do.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Newcastle's billions on 20:19 - Oct 8 with 1413 viewscocklebreath

BTW I have no time for Newcastle as a club they are like the skates and Liverpool, always banging on about their amazing support which I’ve experienced a few times and it was utter shite

Newcastle's billions on 21:18 - Oct 8 with 1351 viewskingslandstand1

Newcastle's billions on 20:13 - Oct 8 by cocklebreath

I don’t think everyone hates them now, I think a lot of fans from smaller clubs are hoping they piss the big clubs off, I know I do.

Alright, but maybe going to in the way they did Chelsea at the time, but I'll agree ith you about their fans and also thinking that they are the centre of the Universe etc

I'd also love it if we finished above them though, but my main point was would you want the success to happen like that down here?

Maybe it's just deep down envy
Newcastle's billions on 21:33 - Oct 8 with 1335 viewsBicester_North

Newcastle's billions on 20:19 - Oct 8 by cocklebreath

BTW I have no time for Newcastle as a club they are like the skates and Liverpool, always banging on about their amazing support which I’ve experienced a few times and it was utter shite

Exactly, always thought of them as a bit of a Pompey of the north in how they always congratulate themselves on their ‘passion’. Also they share horse punching as one of their features.
However I’ve met a few decent ones and still prefer them to Liverpool and Man Utd by miles

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Newcastle's billions on 09:23 - Oct 9 with 1146 viewsSadoldgit

They will be dining at the top table but with no guarantee that they will win anything. Perhaps their frustration will be greater if they don’t! What I like about the clubs like ours is that we work for where we are rather than buy any success. I don’t want a rich sugar Daddy to pitch up, but a Board with enough financial backing to be able to compete with most of the other clubs would be nice.
Newcastle's billions on 09:47 - Oct 9 with 1131 viewskingslandstand1

Newcastle's billions on 09:23 - Oct 9 by Sadoldgit

They will be dining at the top table but with no guarantee that they will win anything. Perhaps their frustration will be greater if they don’t! What I like about the clubs like ours is that we work for where we are rather than buy any success. I don’t want a rich sugar Daddy to pitch up, but a Board with enough financial backing to be able to compete with most of the other clubs would be nice.

Exactly. I'd rather work for success as in any other walk of life rather than have it given to you or buying it.
But whoever takes over from Bruce, short or long term, will be inder a lot of pressure to succeed. Not just top 4 bt silverware
Though as Cockle has said, the current big boys are already getting pi55ed off about it with Levy in particular trying to stop the deal going through
Newcastle's billions on 11:13 - Oct 9 with 1081 viewsTripleNiemi

Are there fans that want Gao out then?

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Newcastle's billions on 11:24 - Oct 9 with 1066 viewssaint68

Newcastle's billions on 21:33 - Oct 8 by Bicester_North

Exactly, always thought of them as a bit of a Pompey of the north in how they always congratulate themselves on their ‘passion’. Also they share horse punching as one of their features.
However I’ve met a few decent ones and still prefer them to Liverpool and Man Utd by miles

Fair assessment, I can see them getting rather excitable and slowly but surely the aire of obnoxiousness will descend like a blanket of fog across the Tyne.

In the meantime I hope they enjoy the ride..

Not jealous though, at all.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Login to get fewer ads

Newcastle's billions on 12:05 - Oct 9 with 1049 viewscocklebreath

Newcastle's billions on 11:13 - Oct 9 by TripleNiemi

Are there fans that want Gao out then?

If there is Nick will be blocking them from this site , he’s a great owner who loves the club

Newcastle's billions on 12:08 - Oct 9 with 1045 viewsSaintsforeverj

And we will suddenly see people wearing Newcastle shirts all across the country with their star players on the back.

"My uncle's grandma was from there. I have always supported them".

When Leicester won the league, I saw Leicester shirts in Spain and The USA. People must literally just buy the shirt of the team that is the best in that month.
[Post edited 9 Oct 2021 12:11]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Newcastle's billions on 12:20 - Oct 9 with 1029 viewssaint68

Newcastle's billions on 12:08 - Oct 9 by Saintsforeverj

And we will suddenly see people wearing Newcastle shirts all across the country with their star players on the back.

When Leicester won the league, I saw Leicester shirts in Spain and The USA. People must literally just buy the shirt of the team that is the best in that month.

I went to Gunwharf Quays about 6 yrs ago and I saw Arsenal Chelsea and Liverpool shirts being worn by young and old..never saw one of the local teams shirts though..so success is a key factor in purchasing these days..the Barcodes will be selling in their millions worldwide by 2033

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Newcastle's billions on 14:06 - Oct 9 with 982 viewskingslandstand1

Newcastle's billions on 12:08 - Oct 9 by Saintsforeverj

I genuinely saw one in Above Bar this morning. Bloke in his late 30's/early 40's who you'd have thought would have had more sense
Newcastle's billions on 14:13 - Oct 9 with 974 viewsSadoldgit

Newcastle's billions on 12:05 - Oct 9 by cocklebreath

If there is Nick will be blocking them from this site , he’s a great owner who loves the club

Cockle me old mate, where has Nick ever said that Gao is great owner who loves the club? I must have missed those posts.
Newcastle's billions on 15:43 - Oct 9 with 930 viewssolent_toffee

Newcastle's billions on 21:33 - Oct 8 by Bicester_North

I don’t think I’ve ever met a Newcastle fan who wasn’t sound and dead easy to get on with. However there is a misconception that they are bestest most passionate supporters ever, something that was really ramped up by Sky during the Keegan years. All talk of returning to their glory years is also very odd as they haven’t won a thing in my lifetime at least (I’m 49).

As I’ve said before, I’m not sure how they will get to spend their new found riches with FFP. PSG get away with murder in France but over here you have the class snitches in Liverpool and United who will be watching them like a hawk.

Everton are loaded in the sense that they are being bank rolled by Usmamov but are now under loads of FFS scrutiny. Which to be honest is going quite well for this season so far.
Newcastle's billions on 14:33 - Oct 11 with 566 viewsgeezershoong1

We're not ones to talk, dealing with China...

Poll: England are playing tonight - would you rather...

Newcastle's billions on 14:38 - Oct 11 with 563 viewsSonicBoom

Sooner or later they will turn into the self entitled fans of all the other top clubs. Arguing about why they don't just sign Mbappe for 500 million.

For me the fun will be the fact that it means one more top club will miss out of the Champions League every year and I enjoy that sort of meltdown.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024