Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Burnley Game Matchday Thread 09:10 - Oct 23 with 4124 viewsSaintNick

Three points needed

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Burnley Game Matchday Thread on 16:55 - Oct 23 with 733 viewssaint22

Burnley Game Matchday Thread on 16:43 - Oct 23 by Ron11

But we're not 3-1 up.
In a very winnable game, they're not. Starting Walcott flies in face of reason.
No wonder people aren't happy

Yes two points dropped that
We should be beating Burnley at home
Poor selection cost us again
[Post edited 23 Oct 2021 16:55]
Burnley Game Matchday Thread on 16:57 - Oct 23 with 720 viewsdirk_doone

Burnley Game Matchday Thread on 16:50 - Oct 23 by grumpy

Taking off Broja was ridiculous.wheres the height in the box now?

Terrible substitution, taking off Broja, our only hope of scoring a winning goal and bringing on Che Adams. That and starting Walcott make me wonder if Ralph is worse at team selection than the average football fan.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2021 16:57]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Burnley Game Matchday Thread on 16:57 - Oct 23 with 720 viewsBicester_North

Positives

Livramento causing carnage
Broja showing how to finish
Salisu

Negatives

Walcott
Suspect stuff from Bednarek and McCarthy
Late/ poor substitutions
Lack of imagination and quality trying to chase the win
[Post edited 23 Oct 2021 16:58]

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Burnley Game Matchday Thread on 16:58 - Oct 23 with 712 viewsHeisenberg

Burnley Game Matchday Thread on 16:55 - Oct 23 by saint22

Yes two points dropped that
We should be beating Burnley at home
Poor selection cost us again
[Post edited 23 Oct 2021 16:55]

Redmond missing an open goal from 2 foot cost us.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Burnley Game Matchday Thread on 16:58 - Oct 23 with 703 viewsdirk_doone

Burnley Game Matchday Thread on 16:57 - Oct 23 by Bicester_North

Positives

Livramento causing carnage
Broja showing how to finish
Salisu

Negatives

Walcott
Suspect stuff from Bednarek and McCarthy
Late/ poor substitutions
Lack of imagination and quality trying to chase the win
[Post edited 23 Oct 2021 16:58]

Walcott
Robbing Broja of a goal, which would have given us 3 points.

If not for Walcott and Ralph, Broja might well have scored a hat-trick today.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2021 17:00]

Burnley Game Matchday Thread on 17:00 - Oct 23 with 697 viewsgrumpy

Sorry to say but not getting 3 points today was down to Ralph.
Burnley Game Matchday Thread on 17:01 - Oct 23 with 687 viewssaint22

Burnley Game Matchday Thread on 16:58 - Oct 23 by Heisenberg

Redmond missing an open goal from 2 foot cost us.

Yes that and playing walcott
Burnley Game Matchday Thread on 17:01 - Oct 23 with 678 viewsdirk_doone

Burnley Game Matchday Thread on 17:00 - Oct 23 by grumpy

Yes, he makes such obvious errors in his team selection. It's a pity he hasn't got an assistant to point these things out to him.

Login to get fewer ads

Burnley Game Matchday Thread on 17:06 - Oct 23 with 651 viewsRon11

Perraud looks a solid left back when defending.
But that corner he took was the worst one I have ever seen in any league football match ever.

Starting Walcott cost lost us two important points, as well as leaving Kyle Walker Peters on the bench. Livramento was on the wrong side of Cornet for his first goal. I don't blame the lad too much, tactically he was being asked to do a hell of a lot, while KWP had to sit and watch when he could have been doing his job.

Then why pull Broja off? Adams produced one sad headed effort that my wee terrier would have made a better job of.
Most of us can see all this, once again Ralph prefers not to. Two more important points down the drain...and look at Brighton.
Burnley Game Matchday Thread on 17:08 - Oct 23 with 636 viewsSadoldgit

Probably a fair result overall. Frustrating to miss those chances in the first half but good to see an open game of football with both sides going for it. Other than his mistake for their first goal Livramento was quality. Diallo had a fine game too. Broja is going to be a star too.
Burnley Game Matchday Thread on 17:08 - Oct 23 with 641 viewssaint22

Burnley Game Matchday Thread on 17:06 - Oct 23 by Ron11

But that corner he took was the worst one I have ever seen in any league football match ever.

Starting Walcott cost lost us two important points, as well as leaving Kyle Walker Peters on the bench. Livramento was on the wrong side of Cornet for his first goal. I don't blame the lad too much, tactically he was being asked to do a hell of a lot, while KWP had to sit and watch when he could have been doing his job.

Then why pull Broja off? Adams produced one sad headed effort that my wee terrier would have made a better job of.
Most of us can see all this, once again Ralph prefers not to. Two more important points down the drain...and look at Brighton.

Completely nonsensical why Ralph doesn’t see this

Perraud is not Livramento when it comes to crossing that’s for sure!

It’s impossible to fathom why KWP isn’t starting with Tino in front of him
Ffs it hasn’t even been tried?!
Burnley Game Matchday Thread on 17:09 - Oct 23 with 637 viewsA1079

Not a bad game as such but so disappointing not to get the win that would have made such a difference to our position. Yet, somehow I am not surprised. I just knew we would not get the back to back win that was there. It is just not the Southampton way. There were some good performances today, some not so good ones and a somewhat suspect selection. A resurgent Watford next week against a manager who is tactically astute.
Burnley Game Matchday Thread on 17:11 - Oct 23 with 625 viewsSadoldgit

Burnley Game Matchday Thread on 17:06 - Oct 23 by Ron11

Broja looked like he was limping after the match
Burnley Game Matchday Thread on 17:16 - Oct 23 with 611 viewsBison

Burnley Game Matchday Thread on 16:24 - Oct 23 by dirk_doone

Burnley players have been told to shoot on sight because Dyche knows McCarthy is a cr@p goalkeeper and that just about anything on target will be a goal.

You would rather play a journey man who refuses to take a pay cut , I have seen your Super Dooper Forster play . He is Sh!te.

The GK position is correct , the best GK plays. I am not saying he is great but Forster is not the answer , whens his contract finish ?

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Burnley Game Matchday Thread on 17:18 - Oct 23 with 609 views1885_SFC

No surprise that both our goals came from Premier League quality players in Tino & Broja.

Championship players Che Adams & Adam Armstrong were never going to find the target. The whole point of subs is to change the game... and they weren't ever going to do that. Ralph started with a wasted berth in Walcott and then took our best hope of a goal off.

If we're not careful, KWP will be asking to leave sooner rather than later. The lad wants & needs game time.

Two points dropped today without doubt. Typical Saints really. We rarely come from behind to take the lead... and when we do, we can't keep hold of it - ever. I'm putting that down to Ralph's starting line-up as much as anything else. No doubt the likes of KWP and Tella will play in the meaningless game at Chelsea midweek.

Old School is Cool

Burnley Game Matchday Thread on 17:18 - Oct 23 with 605 viewsHeisenberg

Burnley Game Matchday Thread on 16:57 - Oct 23 by dirk_doone

Terrible substitution, taking off Broja, our only hope of scoring a winning goal and bringing on Che Adams. That and starting Walcott make me wonder if Ralph is worse at team selection than the average football fan.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2021 16:57]

Broja got a knock. Would have preferred Armstrong to Che Adams though. It’s a point but should have been 3 but there are positives to take from the game.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Burnley Game Matchday Thread on 17:24 - Oct 23 with 594 viewsBison

Burnley Game Matchday Thread on 17:18 - Oct 23 by 1885_SFC

No surprise that both our goals came from Premier League quality players in Tino & Broja.

Championship players Che Adams & Adam Armstrong were never going to find the target. The whole point of subs is to change the game... and they weren't ever going to do that. Ralph started with a wasted berth in Walcott and then took our best hope of a goal off.

If we're not careful, KWP will be asking to leave sooner rather than later. The lad wants & needs game time.

Two points dropped today without doubt. Typical Saints really. We rarely come from behind to take the lead... and when we do, we can't keep hold of it - ever. I'm putting that down to Ralph's starting line-up as much as anything else. No doubt the likes of KWP and Tella will play in the meaningless game at Chelsea midweek.

You did see KWP at left back ?

We were crap.

I thought we did ok and should of won. We have a 2 great RB's we can only play one. You seem to be suggesting we play our best players in any position ?

That , in my opinion is wrong . Why are you saying players will leave The Saints if they dont get game time ? Are you an agent ? They get played plenty , get better and earn a place .

I bet KWP is pissed off as well , pissed off after all the plaudits last year and then an 18 year old kid comes in and smashes it out the park !

Burnley Game Matchday Thread on 17:27 - Oct 23 with 580 viewsBicester_North

Cup games are never meaningless, only chance of any glory.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Burnley Game Matchday Thread on 17:31 - Oct 23 with 567 viewsRon11

Burnley Game Matchday Thread on 17:24 - Oct 23 by Bison

We were crap.

I thought we did ok and should of won. We have a 2 great RB's we can only play one. You seem to be suggesting we play our best players in any position ?

That , in my opinion is wrong . Why are you saying players will leave The Saints if they dont get game time ? Are you an agent ? They get played plenty , get better and earn a place .

I bet KWP is pissed off as well , pissed off after all the plaudits last year and then an 18 year old kid comes in and smashes it out the park !

Yes but the eighteen year old kid's defending allowed Cornet to score his first goal.
He's great further up the pitch, but Kyle is the man at right back, not on the bench.
Why Hassenhutl appears not to see this is beyond comprehension.
Just week in, week out bizarre selections, yet again Walcott contributed almost nothing while Armstrong and Tella sit and watch.
It's shite.
Burnley Game Matchday Thread on 17:35 - Oct 23 with 560 views1885_SFC

Burnley Game Matchday Thread on 17:24 - Oct 23 by Bison

We were crap.

Codswallop.

I would rather see KWP playing in Theo bloody Walcott's position today. He's more than capable of doing that... and would offer more than Theo ever does.

Old School is Cool

Burnley Game Matchday Thread on 18:14 - Oct 23 with 493 viewssaint22

I said exactly that about KWP weeks back
He will get annoyed sitting there when everyone can see he should be TB and Tino in front of him
It’s happened several times with Ralph that he seems to have a stubborn streak (or blindness) to certain issues and it’s costing us
GK situation
CB
Burnley Game Matchday Thread on 18:35 - Oct 23 with 456 viewsMrangry25

Burnley Game Matchday Thread on 15:43 - Oct 23 by 1885_SFC

Redmond had a good game last week. Whenever he does - it's always followed by several shít ones.

Redmond has one good game a season period, he is f***ing shite.
Burnley Game Matchday Thread on 18:52 - Oct 23 with 426 viewsgrumpy

Burnley Game Matchday Thread on 18:35 - Oct 23 by Mrangry25

Redmond has one good game a season period, he is f***ing shite.

Redmond is our main threat going forward.
Burnley Game Matchday Thread on 19:31 - Oct 23 with 372 viewsBison

Burnley Game Matchday Thread on 17:35 - Oct 23 by 1885_SFC

Codswallop.

I would rather see KWP playing in Theo bloody Walcott's position today. He's more than capable of doing that... and would offer more than Theo ever does.

#The days of 11 aside and 1 sub are long gone.

Tino plays so well because he comes from deep , unmarked. You stick him as a winger he will get marked , get taken out , get his confidence shot.

You have to trust Ralf on this , I dont get a monkeys about KWP's feelings , he will get his chance when a Vardy or similar does Tino's ankle ( remember VDV ?) .

We been good last few games , a LB at LB a RB at RB , agree with S22 about Theo but.... thats not the issue.

3 years in charge for Ralf , I think he will get better ..... Who wants him sacked ?

Burnley Game Matchday Thread on 19:32 - Oct 23 with 370 viewsSaintsforeverj

Burnley Game Matchday Thread on 17:00 - Oct 23 by grumpy

Or perhaps it was down to the defence going to sleep and leaving a Burnley player completely unmarked in the first minutes of the game?

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024