Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alex Hales 10:07 - Nov 19 with 5707 viewskingslandstand1

In the hope that this thread if it expands remains sensible, but I've just heard that AH is now being "investigated" because he "blacked up" at a FANCY DRESS party in 2009!

I mean ffs, where are we going with all of this or am I just being completely ignorant? As a nipper I once went to a kiddies birthday party as an Indian (sorry, Native American) complete with tomahawk and mum made headdress so does that make me some kind of bad guy?

I really do wonder where this country is going, becoming a complete nanny state to the woke brigade
Alex Hales on 19:32 - Nov 23 with 1032 views1885_SFC

To be fair, I did watch it with a box of Kleenex beside me.

Old School is Cool

Alex Hales on 19:58 - Nov 23 with 1010 viewsBridders2

Alex Hales on 19:24 - Nov 23 by Sadoldgit

I saw some clips on YouTube. It didn’t offend me but although I thought it was hilarious to see a chubby middle aged man chasing scantily dressed young women around in the 70’s, it just seems a bit pervy now. There is a reason why no one makes these programmes any more. People now find that stuff creepy, not funny.

'Innuendo' is an Italian suppository!
The man was comedy genius, and the most successful British comedian ever, being aired in 140 countries worldwide. A feat no modern alternative comedian will ever match.
Alex Hales on 20:13 - Nov 23 with 988 views1885_SFC

Alex Hales on 19:58 - Nov 23 by Bridders2

'Innuendo' is an Italian suppository!
The man was comedy genius, and the most successful British comedian ever, being aired in 140 countries worldwide. A feat no modern alternative comedian will ever match.

My mum, in her 30's back in the 1970's, loved the Benny Hill Show - as did many of her friends, my mates's mums, etc etc. It was a laugh... just like the old saucy seaside postcards from the 60's/70's. Nothing more - nothing less. I'm surprised (but chuffed to bits) that they still show all the 'Carry On' films on telly - what with all the bottom slapping, innuendos, scantily-clad women, etc. that went on. Classic British humour at its best!

Old School is Cool

Alex Hales on 21:14 - Nov 23 with 953 viewsbarry_sanchez

Alex Hales on 09:50 - Nov 23 by SaintNick

Lets try and keep this a discussion and not slagging individuals off, I think we all agree that moving forward and trying to eradicate racism and homophobia etc is a good thing, the issue is the historical persecution of people in the public eye who are being picked out for acts committed 20 years ago.

All that does is draw up battle lines, yes what went on over the year whether it was slavery or the general racism prevalent in the UK in the 1970's should not be forgotten, lessons should be learned but we will never get rid of it if we are dividing rather than uniting, look at America it is becoming even more "Us & Them" than it was 10 years ago, it could happen here where we do not have the same issues as over there.

For my part I feel that the Romans and Scandinavians are getting off scot free for invasions and atrocities in this country

How can you eradicate homophobia and racism when its preached, believed and observed?

He who is silent and bows his head dies every time he does so. He who speaks aloud and walks with his head held high dies only once. —Giovanni Falcone
Poll: What is your favourite poll?

Alex Hales on 21:32 - Nov 23 with 944 viewsSaintNick

Alex Hales on 21:14 - Nov 23 by barry_sanchez

How can you eradicate homophobia and racism when its preached, believed and observed?

You dont eradicate homophobia and racism by shouting it down and pretending it doesn't exist, you do so by challenging it when it is preached and proving that all of the words are wrong,

When people are "cancelled" and banned from speaking no one gets to hear whether they are right or wrong, so they will always be there and enable to come back and flourish, challenge those views properly and most people will see through them as bigots.

By shouting people down they will always find those that will wrongly support them as they don't understand what they are about.

The current climate has created more division than it has eradicated, the world is a more hate filled place than ever before in the last 40-50 years

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Alex Hales on 21:36 - Nov 23 with 937 viewsbarry_sanchez

Alex Hales on 21:32 - Nov 23 by SaintNick

You dont eradicate homophobia and racism by shouting it down and pretending it doesn't exist, you do so by challenging it when it is preached and proving that all of the words are wrong,

When people are "cancelled" and banned from speaking no one gets to hear whether they are right or wrong, so they will always be there and enable to come back and flourish, challenge those views properly and most people will see through them as bigots.

By shouting people down they will always find those that will wrongly support them as they don't understand what they are about.

The current climate has created more division than it has eradicated, the world is a more hate filled place than ever before in the last 40-50 years

If you say Islam is homophobic you get called Islamophobic, how does that work and how can that be addressed? How can you reconcile with fundamentalism?

https://www.queermajority.com/essays-all/islamic-homophobia-is-empowered-by-left
[Post edited 23 Nov 2021 22:47]

He who is silent and bows his head dies every time he does so. He who speaks aloud and walks with his head held high dies only once. —Giovanni Falcone

Alex Hales on 21:41 - Nov 23 with 936 viewsbarry_sanchez

Alex Hales on 21:32 - Nov 23 by SaintNick

I totally agree about cancel culture, don't cancel anything and let a light shine upon it and be challenged, otherwise it'll ferment and flourish where the light doesn't shine. Cancel culture actually expands and perpetuates extremism, extremists obviously know this, liberals are taken for a ride by it.

Alex Hales on 10:22 - Nov 25 with 804 viewsChesham_Saint

Alex Hales on 21:36 - Nov 23 by barry_sanchez

If you say Islam is homophobic you get called Islamophobic, how does that work and how can that be addressed? How can you reconcile with fundamentalism?

https://www.queermajority.com/essays-all/islamic-homophobia-is-empowered-by-left
[Post edited 23 Nov 2021 22:47]

Ah, the real dichotomy facing the left…..

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Login to get fewer ads

Alex Hales on 10:21 - Nov 26 with 742 viewsbarry_sanchez

Alex Hales on 10:22 - Nov 25 by Chesham_Saint

Ah, the real dichotomy facing the left…..

Its a question they won't have the bottle to answer, notice how they've faded away a question of consequence arrives? It must be lovely to live in their middle class suburbs telling the poor lot what they have to accept and what they don't, immigration would slow to a trickle if economic migrants had to live in Brighton, Guildford and Bristol..............Strange they always put them in the poorest most deprived areas and wonder why the UKIP, right wing vote is up there, who'd have thought..................
[Post edited 26 Nov 2021 10:22]

Alex Hales on 23:48 - Dec 2 with 653 viewsRon11

Alex Hales on 19:24 - Nov 23 by Sadoldgit

I saw some clips on YouTube. It didn’t offend me but although I thought it was hilarious to see a chubby middle aged man chasing scantily dressed young women around in the 70’s, it just seems a bit pervy now. There is a reason why no one makes these programmes any more. People now find that stuff creepy, not funny.

Keith Lemon is today's Benny Hill
Alex Hales on 18:41 - Dec 3 with 592 viewsHeisenberg

Alex Hales on 10:21 - Nov 26 by barry_sanchez

Its a question they won't have the bottle to answer, notice how they've faded away a question of consequence arrives? It must be lovely to live in their middle class suburbs telling the poor lot what they have to accept and what they don't, immigration would slow to a trickle if economic migrants had to live in Brighton, Guildford and Bristol..............Strange they always put them in the poorest most deprived areas and wonder why the UKIP, right wing vote is up there, who'd have thought..................
[Post edited 26 Nov 2021 10:22]

You have clearly never been to Bristol.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Alex Hales on 13:34 - Dec 4 with 525 viewsbarry_sanchez

Alex Hales on 18:41 - Dec 3 by Heisenberg

You have clearly never been to Bristol.

Bristol is 84% white.

Alex Hales on 13:56 - Dec 4 with 513 viewsHeisenberg

Alex Hales on 13:34 - Dec 4 by barry_sanchez

Bristol is 84% white.

And your point is ? Your claim that Bristol doesn’t have its share of economic migrants and those seeking aslylum is total nonsense.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'

Alex Hales on 14:24 - Dec 4 with 508 viewsbarry_sanchez

Alex Hales on 13:56 - Dec 4 by Heisenberg

And your point is ? Your claim that Bristol doesn’t have its share of economic migrants and those seeking aslylum is total nonsense.

Its share? Ha Ha are they in the posh parts? Bristol is a virtue signalling City at its finest. Bristol's foreign born population is tiny, look up north, massive difference, can't even compare to be honest, the comparison is laughable.

Alex Hales on 14:52 - Dec 4 with 501 viewsHeisenberg

Alex Hales on 14:24 - Dec 4 by barry_sanchez

Its share? Ha Ha are they in the posh parts? Bristol is a virtue signalling City at its finest. Bristol's foreign born population is tiny, look up north, massive difference, can't even compare to be honest, the comparison is laughable.

Yes it doesn’t compare to the northern cities in terms of having a huge Asian population but it’s still sizeable. It has one of the oldest Polish communities going back to the war and more recently was at the forefront in taking in people from Somalia. It also has a long history with people from the Caribbean settling in the city. Suggest you check out the Bristol bus strike and boycotts in the early 60s. Your original claim that the city hasn’t had economic migrants is nonsense. It’s a wide diverse city well worth visiting if you opened your mind a little.

Alex Hales on 14:59 - Dec 4 with 495 viewsbarry_sanchez

Alex Hales on 14:52 - Dec 4 by Heisenberg

Yes it doesn’t compare to the northern cities in terms of having a huge Asian population but it’s still sizeable. It has one of the oldest Polish communities going back to the war and more recently was at the forefront in taking in people from Somalia. It also has a long history with people from the Caribbean settling in the city. Suggest you check out the Bristol bus strike and boycotts in the early 60s. Your original claim that the city hasn’t had economic migrants is nonsense. It’s a wide diverse city well worth visiting if you opened your mind a little.

Diverse ha ha! I spat my tea out, Bristol is far far too expensive for dispersal, I suggest you educate yourself, you gave me a laugh though.

Alex Hales on 15:10 - Dec 4 with 490 viewsbarry_sanchez

Alex Hales on 14:52 - Dec 4 by Heisenberg

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/sep/03/labour-tory-councils-asylum-seeker

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/aug/19/north-england-leaders-urge-fair-

Read this, its in the Guardian so its easy to digest.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2021 15:44]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024