Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saints v Leicester build up 21:56 - Nov 28 with 6587 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

So any thoughts?

Forster in goal, back to usual formation, drop JWP from corners (preferably dropped totally) , KWP back at right back, Adams and Armstrong up front.

Leicester score easily. Saints don't. 0-2.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Saints v Leicester build up on 21:51 - Dec 1 with 1117 viewsdirk_doone

Saints v Leicester build up on 21:44 - Dec 1 by Sadoldgit

Entertaining game and probably a good draw overall. McCarthy to thank for a point in that second half.

No, we don't. That was a save that any Premier League goalkeeeper would have made but the two goals he let in would also have been saved by any other Premier League goalkeeper, including Forster. McCarthy cost us another 2 points. This season is basically the rest of the team trying to compete against McCarthy's mistakes. It is shocking that he is still being allowed to play for us. He is the most pathetic excuse for a goalkeeper we have ever had. The only one who came close to being as bad as him was Dave Maclaren.

The sooner he goes, the better.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2021 22:01]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Saints v Leicester build up on 22:12 - Dec 1 with 998 viewsElijahK

Saints v Leicester build up on 19:55 - Dec 1 by dirk_doone

McCarthy again. He is a total liability.. I said earlier in the season that if Ralph keeps picking him, we'll be relegated. He costs us at least 20 points over a season.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2021 19:59]

Yeah and he was actually pretty decent today pulling off some decent saves. Also he managed to keep the ball in from goal kicks which is automatically a better display that the average Forster one

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Saints v Leicester build up on 22:14 - Dec 1 with 992 viewsSadoldgit

Saints v Leicester build up on 21:51 - Dec 1 by dirk_doone

No, we don't. That was a save that any Premier League goalkeeeper would have made but the two goals he let in would also have been saved by any other Premier League goalkeeper, including Forster. McCarthy cost us another 2 points. This season is basically the rest of the team trying to compete against McCarthy's mistakes. It is shocking that he is still being allowed to play for us. He is the most pathetic excuse for a goalkeeper we have ever had. The only one who came close to being as bad as him was Dave Maclaren.

If you look at the first goal he had several players obscuring his view and saw it late.He made two very good saves to give us a point and stood up well when Vardy was clean through. Not sure what else he can do. Madison should never have been in that position for their second.
Saints v Leicester build up on 22:14 - Dec 1 with 994 viewsElijahK

Saints v Leicester build up on 21:51 - Dec 1 by dirk_doone

Yeah I agree that it’s what your expect from a PL keeper… hence why Forster wouldn’t have made it!
[Post edited 1 Dec 2021 22:16]

Saints v Leicester build up on 22:21 - Dec 1 with 977 viewsElijahK

I really don’t get why this saints team can’t perform in the second half!? As our attac was better today, and other than taking off Tella (as who he brought on was fair, and taking off Armstrong was certainly correct) yet again I can’t see much that he did wrong. Our attack though may have been better, but why we didn’t shoot when we had the chances and would instead turn around and pass it back though is surprising, still some decent performances out there today, and seeing how it was a decent Leicester that we faced, I’ll take a point from that.
If you look at the table yeah we might be 16th, but we’re closer to Brighton in 7th than we are relegation, and for a team with no investment like us, I certainly ain’t complaining about that (but I’m sure the Ralph out lot will have their usual complaints)

Saints v Leicester build up on 22:21 - Dec 1 with 976 viewsdirk_doone

Saints v Leicester build up on 22:14 - Dec 1 by ElijahK

Yeah I agree that it’s what your expect from a PL keeper… hence why Forster wouldn’t have made it!
[Post edited 1 Dec 2021 22:16]

We'd have won 2-0 tonight if Forster had been in goal. We'd also have beaten Norwich. McCarthy is costing us at least 20 points a season. He simply cannot be allowed to continue. Forster has shown this season and throughout his career how much bettter he is. He is no Shilton but he's miles better than McCarthy, who is a lower league standard goalkeeper.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Saints v Leicester build up on 22:25 - Dec 1 with 965 viewsElijahK

Saints v Leicester build up on 22:21 - Dec 1 by dirk_doone

We'd have won 2-0 tonight if Forster had been in goal. We'd also have beaten Norwich. McCarthy is costing us at least 20 points a season. He simply cannot be allowed to continue. Forster has shown this season and throughout his career how much bettter he is. He is no Shilton but he's miles better than McCarthy, who is a lower league standard goalkeeper.

Look I get you like Forster and all that, but what your coming out with now is just pure waffle! As yeah I agree he was poor against Norwich and did cost us the pints, but today he couldn’t have saved ether of their goals, and actually pulled off a really decent save before their first goal, which is where the defence let him down for the rebound they scored! And Forster certainly wouldn’t have saved ether of them, and probably would’ve conceded one or two more.
As yeah we get that you don’t like McCarthy, but you can’t just blame him for every goal we concede, especially when they’re ones that very few (if any) keepers out there would save

Saints v Leicester build up on 22:54 - Dec 1 with 916 viewssaintwizzler

Saints v Leicester build up on 22:25 - Dec 1 by ElijahK

Look I get you like Forster and all that, but what your coming out with now is just pure waffle! As yeah I agree he was poor against Norwich and did cost us the pints, but today he couldn’t have saved ether of their goals, and actually pulled off a really decent save before their first goal, which is where the defence let him down for the rebound they scored! And Forster certainly wouldn’t have saved ether of them, and probably would’ve conceded one or two more.
As yeah we get that you don’t like McCarthy, but you can’t just blame him for every goal we concede, especially when they’re ones that very few (if any) keepers out there would save

The first Leicester goal he totally fûcked up.
The second Maddison done him up like a kipper.

Schmeichel would save both.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Login to get fewer ads

Saints v Leicester build up on 22:54 - Dec 1 with 916 viewsA1079

Putting aside my disappointment at not winning again and just seeing it as a football game then that was good entertainment from both sides. We had the first half, Leicester the second though in the end either side could have won it. A draw feels like a fair result even though we really need a win, even if it is a poor win (if such a thing exists).

There was some good performances out there tonight. I thought KWP was excellent throughout. Redmond had a good first half. But, we faded again in the 2nd half and a number of players looked physically drained though we did not collapse like some recent 2nd half periods. Livramento also played well at the start but looked out of sorts in the 2nd and I have to say he played a huge part in Maddison getting the equaliser though McCarthy again let the ball through at his near post - but for balance he also made some good saves.

Leicester had a poor first half or I would prefer to say we dominated them. But they were a different proposition in the 2nd half and I know many on here don't like him but Maddison was terrific for Leicester. His interview after the game was also mature and balanced. Fortunately for us Vardy had one of his off nights for converting chances - as we know, the type of chance we gave to him on a plate would normally end up in the back of the net - fortunately he shot over the bar.

There remain alot of concerns for us. We are still not taking enough of our chances even though we scored 2 tonight. Some basic errors are gifting goals and it is worrying how we consistently fade in the 2nd half of games. The opposition must all know that they just have to wait for the 2nd 45 minutes to take advantage and they must also know that as long McCarthy plays he has a weakness at his near post (though he was not the reason alone that we did not win tonight).

All the above aside I enjoyed the match and at times we play some good football but that win against Brighton is vital but are any of us confident that we can?........I suspect not.
Saints v Leicester build up on 23:49 - Dec 1 with 858 viewsTripleNiemi

Saints v Leicester build up on 22:25 - Dec 1 by ElijahK

I must have been at a totally different match.......he needs dropping.

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Saints v Leicester build up on 23:53 - Dec 1 with 851 viewsElijahK

Saints v Leicester build up on 22:54 - Dec 1 by saintwizzler

The first Leicester goal he totally fûcked up.
The second Maddison done him up like a kipper.

Schmeichel would save both.

Second goal was never his fault, and that first one he’s got loads of players in front meaning he’s got soo very little time to react. But even if you blame him for the first, he made a great save when their lad handballed it in the buildup to the goal, which Forster would never have done, but even then nether of the goals was his fault. Sheesh I really wouldn’t mind seeing Forster in goal again so he can do shit like we all remember him to be, so you lot will stop banging on about him, as yeah we need a new number 1, but Forster isn’t that number 1

Saints v Leicester build up on 04:54 - Dec 2 with 773 viewssaintwizzler

Saints v Leicester build up on 23:53 - Dec 1 by ElijahK

Second goal was never his fault, and that first one he’s got loads of players in front meaning he’s got soo very little time to react. But even if you blame him for the first, he made a great save when their lad handballed it in the buildup to the goal, which Forster would never have done, but even then nether of the goals was his fault. Sheesh I really wouldn’t mind seeing Forster in goal again so he can do shit like we all remember him to be, so you lot will stop banging on about him, as yeah we need a new number 1, but Forster isn’t that number 1

I’ve never ‘banged on’ about Forster, he’s not good enough either!!
McCarthy made saves that were expected from a PL Goalkeeper.
It’s the errors and the piss poor kicking that let him down.
Schmeichel, I’ll use him as an example, is holding or pushing the first goal away from danger.

Make an error as a Goalkeeper and it usually ends up by a goal conceded.
Neither of our Goalkeepers would get in another PL team.
Both are simply not good enough.

Saints v Leicester build up on 07:01 - Dec 2 with 708 viewssaint68

It was more a frustrating performance for me, the entertainment as such was created by poor keeping again from McCarthy ..

Leicester were there for the taking last night, and we set out well and looked worthy of the 3 points, but yet again the handicap of having a league 1 standard keeper shone through...it must be so demoralising for the players seeing that inanimate lump between the posts.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Saints v Leicester build up on 11:18 - Dec 2 with 583 viewsButty101

Are you related to him or his mate? Your stout defence of his is honourable. But at the end of the day McCarthy should be no where near the first team. Ive lost count of the mistakes hes made this season. Last night he should of saved both.
Time to drop him and bring Fraser back in, who might not be great seems to pick up clean sheets.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Saints v Leicester build up on 11:42 - Dec 2 with 573 viewsTimSaint

FF has played for us this season - in the League Cup at Chelsea.

Perhaps watch that game and look at the saves he makes - with hands, body and feet - including a penalty save too.

Once watched, you will then know that he would have saved at least one of the goals last night (if not both), the VvD goal atAnfield and both against Norwich.

As has been stated on here already, neither are our answer and hopefully the club will address this situation in January - otherwise the points we drop due to keeper errors will be into the twenties, come the end of the season.

TimSaint

Saints v Leicester build up on 12:21 - Dec 2 with 543 viewsPaleRider

Neither keeper is great but I don't understand why Forster is not given an opportunity in the league. So far, over the last couple of seasons whenever he has had the opportunity he has performed well - better than McCarthy, I would suggest.

The time to try Forster was last Saturday but I'm afraid Ralph's stubborn refusal to at least try Forster is costing us points.
Saints v Leicester build up on 12:35 - Dec 2 with 542 viewssaintwizzler

Saints v Leicester build up on 12:21 - Dec 2 by PaleRider

Neither keeper is great but I don't understand why Forster is not given an opportunity in the league. So far, over the last couple of seasons whenever he has had the opportunity he has performed well - better than McCarthy, I would suggest.

The time to try Forster was last Saturday but I'm afraid Ralph's stubborn refusal to at least try Forster is costing us points.

If he gets injured we can’t sell him in January
????

Saints v Leicester build up on 12:44 - Dec 2 with 535 viewsTimSaint

Saints v Leicester build up on 12:35 - Dec 2 by saintwizzler

If he gets injured we can’t sell him in January
????

....or as rumour would have it, use him in a swap deal for the West Brom keeper

TimSaint

Saints v Leicester build up on 12:56 - Dec 2 with 528 viewsPaleRider

Saints v Leicester build up on 12:44 - Dec 2 by TimSaint

....or as rumour would have it, use him in a swap deal for the West Brom keeper

If that's the case then I would be happy to live with that but what if the deal gets scuppered? It is Saints after all!
Saints v Leicester build up on 11:25 - Dec 3 with 451 viewsElijahK

Saints v Leicester build up on 04:54 - Dec 2 by saintwizzler

I’ve never ‘banged on’ about Forster, he’s not good enough either!!
McCarthy made saves that were expected from a PL Goalkeeper.
It’s the errors and the piss poor kicking that let him down.
Schmeichel, I’ll use him as an example, is holding or pushing the first goal away from danger.

Make an error as a Goalkeeper and it usually ends up by a goal conceded.
Neither of our Goalkeepers would get in another PL team.
Both are simply not good enough.

Ok well if that’s the case then there’s not much Ralph can do about it as it’s just those two. As maybe you don’t care who’s in goal/don’t prefer Forster but many on here do, and many of they seem to have forgotten how poor he was for us last time.

Saints v Leicester build up on 11:32 - Dec 3 with 448 viewsElijahK

Saints v Leicester build up on 11:42 - Dec 2 by TimSaint

FF has played for us this season - in the League Cup at Chelsea.

Perhaps watch that game and look at the saves he makes - with hands, body and feet - including a penalty save too.

Once watched, you will then know that he would have saved at least one of the goals last night (if not both), the VvD goal atAnfield and both against Norwich.

As has been stated on here already, neither are our answer and hopefully the club will address this situation in January - otherwise the points we drop due to keeper errors will be into the twenties, come the end of the season.

Yeah actually I was at that game, and yeah he did have a fairly decent game, but if you also remember, McCarthy had played against Chelsea a few days beforehand and had also had a decent game. But Forster that day was decent but didn’t do anything amazing, and saving one penalty in a penalty shoot out isn’t what world class keepers do.
Maybe he would’ve saved the goals against Norwich (but not the Liverpool one or the two from Leicester) but he’d have also condensed the two decent saved McCarthy did against Leicester (so that’s still a 2-2 at best).
But if you also agree that Forster’s not good enough then why do you keep banging on about him? As it’s not like we’re in Man U’s position where we’ve got two world class goalies, ether of which we can play. As you’ve agreed he’s not good enough, so if that’s the case why would we play a keeper who wants a ridiculous contact (expecting insane amounts for someone of his quality) compared to a keeper that’s the same, but doesn’t expect anywhere near as much in his contract?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024