Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ryan Lowe gone 14:36 - Dec 7 with 6264 viewsCockneyDale

The ignominy of only beating Rochdale with two iffy goals has led him to fall on his sword
Ryan Lowe gone on 14:46 - Dec 7 with 5185 viewsSuddenLad

Ready to pop-up and reappear at Deepdale, no doubt.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Ryan Lowe gone on 14:46 - Dec 7 with 5194 viewsRAFCBLUE

Expected to announced at Preston this afternoon

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Ryan Lowe gone on 14:51 - Dec 7 with 5156 viewskel

Given how he is, he’ll still claim the credit if Plymouth go up. How long until the bury lot claim he’s only at Preston until their club come back? Surely he’ll work for free.
Ryan Lowe gone on 15:13 - Dec 7 with 5077 viewsAtThePeake

Couldn't wait to get out of Plymouth for personal reasons by all accounts, interesting that he doesn't seem to be taking any of the backroom staff with him.

I've always found it a bit strange that the Bury fans still hold him in such high regard, given that he knew full well the extent at which things were about to unravel at Bury, yet he continued to spend the money that he knew SD1 didn't have, kept his mouth shut, got himself a promotion for his CV then scarpered.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Tangled up in blue.

Ryan Lowe gone on 15:17 - Dec 7 with 5058 viewsAtThePeake

Ryan Lowe gone on 15:13 - Dec 7 by AtThePeake

Couldn't wait to get out of Plymouth for personal reasons by all accounts, interesting that he doesn't seem to be taking any of the backroom staff with him.

I've always found it a bit strange that the Bury fans still hold him in such high regard, given that he knew full well the extent at which things were about to unravel at Bury, yet he continued to spend the money that he knew SD1 didn't have, kept his mouth shut, got himself a promotion for his CV then scarpered.

This post has been edited by an administrator

And same goes for the Bury 'fans' he had among his backroom staff.

Some fans they turned out to be.

Tangled up in blue.

Ryan Lowe gone on 15:43 - Dec 7 with 4970 viewsdawlishdale

Now confirmed as Preston Manager.
Ryan Lowe gone on 17:38 - Dec 7 with 4724 viewsEllDale

It's alright as long as he doesn't come in for our captain (who's played for him before) when the transfer window opens.....
Ryan Lowe gone on 18:00 - Dec 7 with 4628 viewsD_Alien

Ryan Lowe gone on 17:38 - Dec 7 by EllDale

It's alright as long as he doesn't come in for our captain (who's played for him before) when the transfer window opens.....

On the other hand, Preston could be a good move for EOC

Getting a substantial fee for him instead of nothing at the end of the season could be viewed as a positive by the club. Obviously, it'd leave our defence in a pickle unless RS can bring in suitable reinforcements

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Ryan Lowe gone on 18:02 - Dec 7 with 4617 viewsTVOS1907

Ryan Lowe gone on 15:17 - Dec 7 by AtThePeake

And same goes for the Bury 'fans' he had among his backroom staff.

Some fans they turned out to be.

Like that Lucas bloke who managed to get himself at the front of all our 2009/10 promotion pictures?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Ryan Lowe gone on 18:34 - Dec 7 with 4534 viewsEllDale

I agree Preston would be a good move for EOC.
No moving house, championship football, more money.
I suppose it’s how you define “substantial”. No doubt it would be “undisclosed” though.
Ryan Lowe gone on 21:58 - Dec 7 with 4236 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Would Ryan Lowe steal his mate Danny Mayor from the Pilgrims or is the latter not up to Championship quality?
Ryan Lowe gone on 22:25 - Dec 7 with 4193 viewsRAFCBLUE

Ryan Lowe gone on 15:43 - Dec 7 by dawlishdale

Now confirmed as Preston Manager.

It's reported that PNE paid Plymouth £250,000 for Lowe who was under contract until 2023/24.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/

Ryan Lowe gone on 23:15 - Dec 7 with 4110 viewsdingdangblue

Can't see them paying when he's free a few months later.
Although Preston are in the bottom half they are well clear of relegation and can see them pushing for mid table with a new manager.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Ryan Lowe gone on 06:35 - Dec 8 with 3964 viewsRAFCBLUE

Ryan Lowe gone on 23:15 - Dec 7 by dingdangblue

Can't see them paying when he's free a few months later.
Although Preston are in the bottom half they are well clear of relegation and can see them pushing for mid table with a new manager.

It's a big step up to play in the Championship and EOC has never played higher than League 1.

Take Joe Rafferty - in our team every week at League 1 level, bit part player now at Preston and only 3 appearances this season. Still a great player but he's not getting the game time.

Same for EOC - would his pace be good enough at Championship level? Would he move to not be a captain?

Most Championship club's are broke too after Covid. I can't see too many spending money on fees in January but some might.

Ryan Lowe gone on 07:02 - Dec 8 with 3936 viewsfitzochris

Ryan Lowe gone on 06:35 - Dec 8 by RAFCBLUE

It's a big step up to play in the Championship and EOC has never played higher than League 1.

Take Joe Rafferty - in our team every week at League 1 level, bit part player now at Preston and only 3 appearances this season. Still a great player but he's not getting the game time.

Same for EOC - would his pace be good enough at Championship level? Would he move to not be a captain?

Most Championship club's are broke too after Covid. I can't see too many spending money on fees in January but some might.

It all depends how a future suitor would see EOC. In my opinion, he could quite easily play the holding role in midfield, for example.

That said, there is no getting away from the fact he is currently our best centre half and, if he were to be sold, an adequate replacement would need to be lined up in advance.

There are already other positions we need to look at without adding him to the mix.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Ryan Lowe gone on 07:20 - Dec 8 with 3914 viewsRAFCBLUE

Ryan Lowe gone on 07:02 - Dec 8 by fitzochris

It all depends how a future suitor would see EOC. In my opinion, he could quite easily play the holding role in midfield, for example.

That said, there is no getting away from the fact he is currently our best centre half and, if he were to be sold, an adequate replacement would need to be lined up in advance.

There are already other positions we need to look at without adding him to the mix.

Very true.

In the Championship a lot will depend on any financial implosions.

Derby will shed players in January - who are all proven Championship standard.

Those financial issues in the Championship make me think this window will be quiet for them and they'll all plan for the Summer.

Lowe at PNE will be looking to take all of the NW based players back to PNE and will know their contracts inside out.

Ryan Lowe gone on 10:39 - Dec 8 with 3759 viewsAtThePeake

I liked Joe Rafferty but for me he was, at best, a solid and dependable player for us in what was mostly quite a strong side. O'Connell has been excellent for two and a half seasons now in what has been mostly quite a poor side. Perhaps that lack of pace will stop a Championship team taking a punt on him this time around but I think he'd ease into a promotion-chasing L1 side starting XI and will probably end up in the Championship eventually that way.

How much money we can get for him in January remains to be seen as as others have pointed out, unless there's something of a bidding war that gets started with several teams clearly interested, I'd doubt a team would stump up the cash to make us sell in January when they know they could get him on a free a few months later.

I'm not accusing you of this RAFCBLUE but I honestly think collectively as a fanbase we either don't realise or don't appreciate just how good he has been for us.

Tangled up in blue.

Ryan Lowe gone on 11:33 - Dec 8 with 3701 viewsDalenet

Interesting that Preston NE claim not to have any external debt. And the current owner pumped a couple of million in over summer to keep them in that state. I have no idea what has happened there but three years ago they owed tens of millions. So maybe they can afford new players
Ryan Lowe gone on 11:38 - Dec 8 with 3694 viewselectricblue

Indont think it will bother EOC at losing his captains armband buy going to preston he will be swayed by the bigger pay packet and chance to play at a higher level.....

It will be interesting if RS and the board can get EOC to extend his stay for another couple of seasons....
[Post edited 8 Dec 2021 11:40]

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Ryan Lowe gone on 12:06 - Dec 8 with 3636 views1907

EOC is and has been a brilliant player for us, but when you look at the teams performances over his three years with us I don’t honestly believe there’s a queue of clubs lining up for him.

Nearly relegated, relegated, mid to lower table league two.

He was a free agent in the summer yet ended up signing another contract with us?

Everyone was amazed at the time, but really why didn’t he move on to pastures new?

I’d stick my neck out that Preston will certainly not be interested in EOC to sort out their defensive woes when there are so many teams in between achieving more.

This isn’t taking anything away from EOC or our performances this season, I think it’s just a case of how much interest people pay from the outside in.

If anything, it wouldn’t surprise me if EOC signed a new contract very soon.
Ryan Lowe gone on 17:40 - Dec 8 with 3308 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Ryan Lowe gone on 11:33 - Dec 8 by Dalenet

Interesting that Preston NE claim not to have any external debt. And the current owner pumped a couple of million in over summer to keep them in that state. I have no idea what has happened there but three years ago they owed tens of millions. So maybe they can afford new players

And they flogged that centre back to Liverpool for over £2 million didn’t they, so probably that helped clear a few debts.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Ryan Lowe gone on 17:51 - Dec 8 with 3279 viewsEllDale

Massive difference I suppose between internal and external debt.
If the chairman/president is owed a shedload of money it doesn't matter until such time as he's no longer around.
I think that Bolton is a classic example of that. I forget their owner's name but when he died they imploded.
Ryan Lowe gone on 21:21 - Dec 8 with 3095 viewsdillydaley

Ryan Lowe gone on 17:51 - Dec 8 by EllDale

Massive difference I suppose between internal and external debt.
If the chairman/president is owed a shedload of money it doesn't matter until such time as he's no longer around.
I think that Bolton is a classic example of that. I forget their owner's name but when he died they imploded.

Gartside
Ryan Lowe gone on 21:31 - Dec 8 with 3060 views100notout

Ryan Lowe gone on 21:21 - Dec 8 by dillydaley

Gartside

Gartside was the chairman, pulled all the strings and mismanaged the club. It was Eddie Davies' money and he owned the club.

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Ryan Lowe gone on 22:07 - Dec 8 with 2965 viewsAtThePeake

Ryan Lowe gone on 12:06 - Dec 8 by 1907

EOC is and has been a brilliant player for us, but when you look at the teams performances over his three years with us I don’t honestly believe there’s a queue of clubs lining up for him.

Nearly relegated, relegated, mid to lower table league two.

He was a free agent in the summer yet ended up signing another contract with us?

Everyone was amazed at the time, but really why didn’t he move on to pastures new?

I’d stick my neck out that Preston will certainly not be interested in EOC to sort out their defensive woes when there are so many teams in between achieving more.

This isn’t taking anything away from EOC or our performances this season, I think it’s just a case of how much interest people pay from the outside in.

If anything, it wouldn’t surprise me if EOC signed a new contract very soon.

I don't think teams pay too much attention to a team's overall performance when looking at a player. It certainly didn't stop Rathbone and Humphrys getting moves this summer.

Just after I was singing his praises though, that tonight was one of his worst ever displays in a Dale shirt IMO. Typical.

Tangled up in blue.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024