Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football Ground Covid Chaos 19:22 - Dec 8 with 1704 viewsSouthamptonfan

Putting aside all the politics, rights and wrongs, how an earth are football clubs going to enact the law to ensure that huge crowds show a covid passport or negative test? People can't get in on time as is it. A lot more staff will be needed to check all the fans. And unvaccinated fans will still show a fake passport to get in so it's f@cking pointless!!!!!!!!!
[Post edited 8 Dec 2021 19:28]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Football Ground Covid Chaos on 20:44 - Dec 8 with 1595 viewsRon11

This whole country is becoming pointless
Football Ground Covid Chaos on 07:13 - Dec 9 with 1457 viewssaintwizzler

As they did at Wembley (apart from the final 😮) in Euro 2020 back in the summer.
Have members of staff checking Covid passes before they get to the turnstile.
Correct, more staff that know what they are doing will be needed.

Also SCREENSHOOT YOUR PASS. Don’t rely on a signal outside Fortress St Marys!!

Brentford game. Word of advice, get there early.
Instead of 14:50 make it 14:15 or even 14:00.
Why not enjoy a tasty burger at The Gasworks Bar?

Help them out on the turnstiles.

If you have to sacrifice one pint in the pub, do it.
Depends how much you want to see of the first 15 minutes of the game!

Let’s cheer the guys on from behind our masks to that 17th place trophy 🏆

COYRs!!

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Football Ground Covid Chaos on 09:51 - Dec 9 with 1374 viewssaint901

Personally I'm planning on being at the ground before 1:30 for the Brentford game.

The first home game of the season when delays were blamed on gates/tickets is a good example of how even minor delays quickly build into major delays.
Football Ground Covid Chaos on 10:39 - Dec 9 with 1352 viewsSalisburySaint

Football Ground Covid Chaos on 09:51 - Dec 9 by saint901

Personally I'm planning on being at the ground before 1:30 for the Brentford game.

The first home game of the season when delays were blamed on gates/tickets is a good example of how even minor delays quickly build into major delays.

having experienced these checks twice at Chelsea it wasn't too bad

I aiming to get to turnstiles at Arsenal at 2.30 Saturday
Football Ground Covid Chaos on 10:50 - Dec 9 with 1338 viewsSaintsforeverj

Football Ground Covid Chaos on 10:39 - Dec 9 by SalisburySaint

At Chelsea, they literally had hundreds of stewards in the away end. Far less stewards at St Mary's. The Chapel is queued up, right through the car park, without doing the checks every game. The Leeds game at St Mary's, with 8000 fans, concert style, ended up with stewards just getting people in, without checking in the end as it was taking too long. The chaos at the Man U game because of Saints slow scanners, wasn't a good sign either. And as the OP says, all this when you can just fake a covid passport and get an email for a fake test anyway. Plus, even if you are jabbed, you can still catch it and pass it on.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Football Ground Covid Chaos on 19:32 - Dec 9 with 1186 viewsSouthamptonfan

Still unclear if a percentage of fans will be asked to show covid status or everybody. A lot of clubs seeking guidance as they can't check everyone without taking on a load more stewards. There are 60 000 plus fans at some grounds. Brighton game called off Saturday, but they have an evening game next Wednesday. How are 30000 people going to be checked before a 7:30 kick off. People can't get there early. They work.

"My phone has run out of battery but I'm vaccinated, so let me effing in" says the 6 ft 5 skin head Leeds fan after a few drinks.

"I don't have a phone, get out of my way," says the large Millwall supporter to the very few stewards outside the Den.

""If you don't let mes in, we will storm in anyway and do ya in, I ad me f@cking test and me phone was nicked," say the group of drug fuelled Pompey fans.

So it won't work and there will be carnage and chaos.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2021 19:42]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Football Ground Covid Chaos on 10:20 - Dec 10 with 1026 viewssaint22

Football Ground Covid Chaos on 20:44 - Dec 8 by Ron11

This whole country is becoming pointless

exactly this
Football Ground Covid Chaos on 11:38 - Dec 10 with 1005 viewsSonicBoom

I cant stand the politics of these situations and the mud slinging from all sides ....but I have to say it is not this country that is becoming pointless.
It's happening all over the world. In fact many countries have more onerous restrictions in place than we do. It's not a UK thing.
Login to get fewer ads

Football Ground Covid Chaos on 16:16 - Dec 10 with 912 viewskingslandstand1

Football Ground Covid Chaos on 10:39 - Dec 9 by SalisburySaint

I found the experience at Chelsea a bit of a joke. Ok, didn't get to the ground until about 10 to, but there were so many Saints fans at the entrance barriers before the turnstiles that you could have just waved a newspaper cutting at the stewards and they'd have let you through although they at least had guys there to do the checking!
Football Ground Covid Chaos on 16:22 - Dec 10 with 905 viewskingslandstand1

Football Ground Covid Chaos on 11:38 - Dec 10 by SonicBoom

I cant stand the politics of these situations and the mud slinging from all sides ....but I have to say it is not this country that is becoming pointless.
It's happening all over the world. In fact many countries have more onerous restrictions in place than we do. It's not a UK thing.

This. The theory about the covid pass sounds great but the practicality of it is another thing. And all you get from the Labour side is that no matter what Boris comes up with it is wrong but with no feasible alternative cos Starmer doesn't have any clues either, although Boris is doing a damn good job of shooting himself in the foot and feeding the knight of the realm with ammunition! Still no alternatives though .................
Football Ground Covid Chaos on 21:19 - Dec 10 with 825 viewscocklebreath

A complete waste of time, we’re all gonna get it again, as long as we’re all vaccinated we might sneeze a few times and be fine

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Football Ground Covid Chaos on 08:08 - Dec 11 with 771 viewssaintwizzler

Football Ground Covid Chaos on 19:32 - Dec 9 by Southamptonfan

Still unclear if a percentage of fans will be asked to show covid status or everybody. A lot of clubs seeking guidance as they can't check everyone without taking on a load more stewards. There are 60 000 plus fans at some grounds. Brighton game called off Saturday, but they have an evening game next Wednesday. How are 30000 people going to be checked before a 7:30 kick off. People can't get there early. They work.

"My phone has run out of battery but I'm vaccinated, so let me effing in" says the 6 ft 5 skin head Leeds fan after a few drinks.

"I don't have a phone, get out of my way," says the large Millwall supporter to the very few stewards outside the Den.

""If you don't let mes in, we will storm in anyway and do ya in, I ad me f@cking test and me phone was nicked," say the group of drug fuelled Pompey fans.

So it won't work and there will be carnage and chaos.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2021 19:42]

If you were a steward earning £9 an hour would you take a beating at the turnstiles?

It’s down to the lack of police at games with the lack of money spent on them.

At Wembley in the summer the no show of police was remarkable.
Doing things on the cheap again!

Put the price up to £30 on The Gasworks Burger n triple cooked fries and let’s get some Old Bill in.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024