Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
balance of the side 17:21 - Dec 11 with 1515 viewsrobcoe5

We will always get overrun, Ralf keeps playing too many attack minded players. We look good to start with then the opposition find the space between our midfield and defence a couple of quick passes and they are on goal.
All good team keep it tight and attack on the break we need to learn to dictate the pace of the game.
Starting with just playing two in midfield is the wrong tactics, we need 3 strong midfielders plus a number 10 so we can get hold of the ball. Might not be such a open game but at least we might start wining.
Ditch the 4 222 it doesn’t work
balance of the side on 17:28 - Dec 11 with 1484 viewsRon11

How many times is Hassenhutl going to get his tactics wrong before the players rebel?
It's game after game - the comment 'he doesn't know what he's doing' is sadly starting to become reality.
balance of the side on 17:29 - Dec 11 with 1483 viewssledger

i will say it again our manager is obstinate and clueless we havent got the players to play how he sets us up please go before its to late
balance of the side on 17:34 - Dec 11 with 1471 viewssaint22

balance of the side on 17:29 - Dec 11 by sledger

i will say it again our manager is obstinate and clueless we havent got the players to play how he sets us up please go before its to late

I will say it again as I have done several times recently
I seriously don’t think Ralph spends hardly any time on defensive plans in training
It seems to be he is very much for attack is the best form of defence and that’s that
Without serious additions I January we are down this year I fear
balance of the side on 17:57 - Dec 11 with 1433 viewskingslandstand1

balance of the side on 17:34 - Dec 11 by saint22

I will say it again as I have done several times recently
I seriously don’t think Ralph spends hardly any time on defensive plans in training
It seems to be he is very much for attack is the best form of defence and that’s that
Without serious additions I January we are down this year I fear

Having a defensive coach as a minimum would be a great start. Listening to Merrington today he was commenting that the errors being made should be taken out of the players in the coaching
balance of the side on 00:22 - Dec 12 with 1282 viewsDorsetIan

This game - and the Liverpool game - was crying out for a tighter approach from the beginning. Something where we had a plan to bring on say Tella or Broja in the second of half.

Ralph has run out of ideas and he didn’t have too many good ones to start with.

Trouble is we could only appoint a caretaker/temp because Gao is going to want to offer any new owner as much flexibility as possible.

Imagine: new owner in December; new manager with a few quid to spend in January. We can dream.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

balance of the side on 07:41 - Dec 12 with 1189 viewsHeisenberg

Not keen on him but Brendan Rodgers called Saints an ‘all in’team. Any team playing us know we will run around like crazy then run out of steam. At the same time we will leave ourselves wide open irrespective of who we are playing.

The bigger picture is Saints are never going to compete in the Premier League anyway. I honestly couldn’t care less if we are in it or not.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

balance of the side on 11:17 - Dec 12 with 1085 viewssledger

this is not the best set of players nor the worst but this manager is dragging us down with his stubborness,players up to now have backed him up but yesterday was concerning
balance of the side on 18:10 - Dec 12 with 1018 viewsDorsetIan

balance of the side on 11:17 - Dec 12 by sledger

this is not the best set of players nor the worst but this manager is dragging us down with his stubborness,players up to now have backed him up but yesterday was concerning

What’s also concerning is how the trajectory of this season - in terms of results, waning optimism and increasing frustration - seems to be following the same path as the last.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Login to get fewer ads

balance of the side on 21:15 - Dec 12 with 927 viewsgrumpy

Our right and left full backs spend too much time charging up the wings, eventually they run out of steam and our central defenders become exposed.
If we are going to survive in this division we MUST change our tactics.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2021 21:17]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024