Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
F1 final race 14:34 - Dec 12 with 1832 viewsJaySaint

WOW
That was something else

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

F1 final race on 14:39 - Dec 12 with 1817 viewsButty101

I’m not an F1 fan but was intrigued. That’s a complete farce

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

F1 final race on 14:46 - Dec 12 with 1801 viewscocklebreath

I think Lewis is an utter knob but that seems harsh, rule change with a lap to go

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

F1 final race on 14:54 - Dec 12 with 1780 views1885_SFC

Terrific seeing Max Crashtappen win the title. Karma for the 1st lap when Max stayed on the track and Lewis didn't.

Great race.

Old School is Cool

F1 final race on 18:57 - Dec 12 with 1633 viewskingslandstand1

F1 final race on 14:54 - Dec 12 by 1885_SFC

Terrific seeing Max Crashtappen win the title. Karma for the 1st lap when Max stayed on the track and Lewis didn't.

Great race.

Hamilton didn't have much choice really though think he actually gained a bit by that action
Total vonfusion re the last lap though and it does seem that the rules were made up as they went along
F1 final race on 21:19 - Dec 12 with 1524 viewsDorsetIan

I thought at the end that I was watching WWF. That's got to be a fix, surely.

Hamilton was fastest and never in any trouble all race. Crazy that a 'safety car' and some TV-friendly decisions by the stewards could change the outcome.

I wanted Verstappen to win btw.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

F1 final race on 22:21 - Dec 12 with 1481 viewsSadoldgit

I am old school. I used to go to Brands Hatch every year in the late 60’s to watch the Grand Prix and the Race of Champions. Two F1 races a year! Proper racing. No pit stops unless there was a mechanical problem or a change of tyres if it rained. No safety cars every five minutes. They just raced full on from the start to the chequered flag. It just seems all overblown showbiz now and I don’t get it.
F1 final race on 22:41 - Dec 12 with 1468 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

That was the best it's been for YEARS ... I wonder if that's why the rule change with 1 lap to go? Very suspect. Actually felt sorry for Hamilton, because he can be a prat - but I did love that he was wearing his rainbow helmet again. Nice point, well made.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

F1 final race on 23:38 - Dec 12 with 1439 viewssaint68

F1 final race on 22:21 - Dec 12 by Sadoldgit

I am old school. I used to go to Brands Hatch every year in the late 60’s to watch the Grand Prix and the Race of Champions. Two F1 races a year! Proper racing. No pit stops unless there was a mechanical problem or a change of tyres if it rained. No safety cars every five minutes. They just raced full on from the start to the chequered flag. It just seems all overblown showbiz now and I don’t get it.

They refuelled once or twice per race and many ended up scarred or sadly dead from that..but hey you carry on reminiscing about those good ole days

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Login to get fewer ads

F1 final race on 09:00 - Dec 13 with 1349 viewssaint901

Not a fan and didn't watch and can't say I'm overly bothered about who won or lost.

Used to watch and follow the "sport" but two things happened.

There was an era in which it mattered little who was driving because certain cars were so obviously better than all the others. Each race became an exercise in who was going to be 4th or 5th.

That I could deal with.

What I could no deal with was the owners of F1 deciding to go to places with demonstrably poor human rights records so that the grand high panjandams could strutt their stuff in front of the world's media and pretend that all was well. I recall Bernie whoever claiming that this was "necessary" to highlight abuses.

Pardon my French but that was and is bo**ocks.

Lost all respect for the sport and all those involved.
F1 final race on 09:46 - Dec 13 with 1322 viewsDorsetIan

F1 final race on 22:41 - Dec 12 by Gennaro_Contaldo

That was the best it's been for YEARS ... I wonder if that's why the rule change with 1 lap to go? Very suspect. Actually felt sorry for Hamilton, because he can be a prat - but I did love that he was wearing his rainbow helmet again. Nice point, well made.

He and his father were also both extremely magnanimous in what was a very dubious defeat. That showed a lot of class I thought.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

F1 final race on 10:23 - Dec 13 with 1267 viewskingslandstand1

F1 final race on 22:21 - Dec 12 by Sadoldgit

When men were men as it were, but too many of them ended up as dead men and I'd rather have it as it is with the safety there is now

Just think what the Halo has done this season alone where we would have had probably 2 deaths, one of whom would have been Lewis when Verstappen decided to sit his car on top of Hamilton and the crash earlier (can't remember who) when the driver went in to the barrier head on and burst in to flames. He came out totally unscathed and was not decapitated

As 68 has said, fuel stops were always potential death traps, and we could go on. Yes exciting times, but although the sport is more tactical now and races won more as a team, as yesterday proved, it is possible to have edge of the seat racing
F1 final race on 10:25 - Dec 13 with 1254 viewskingslandstand1

F1 final race on 09:00 - Dec 13 by saint901

Not a fan and didn't watch and can't say I'm overly bothered about who won or lost.

Used to watch and follow the "sport" but two things happened.

There was an era in which it mattered little who was driving because certain cars were so obviously better than all the others. Each race became an exercise in who was going to be 4th or 5th.

That I could deal with.

What I could no deal with was the owners of F1 deciding to go to places with demonstrably poor human rights records so that the grand high panjandams could strutt their stuff in front of the world's media and pretend that all was well. I recall Bernie whoever claiming that this was "necessary" to highlight abuses.

Pardon my French but that was and is bo**ocks.

Lost all respect for the sport and all those involved.

And you also follow football then? (not that I agree with going to these places who are buying the sport and powers that be are bowing to the dollar - look at China and tennis now as well!)
F1 final race on 10:33 - Dec 13 with 1247 viewssaints__fan__73

WWF1

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

F1 final race on 11:19 - Dec 13 with 1218 viewssaint901

F1 final race on 10:25 - Dec 13 by kingslandstand1

And you also follow football then? (not that I agree with going to these places who are buying the sport and powers that be are bowing to the dollar - look at China and tennis now as well!)

I do and I hate the fact that the game has become a means of "sports washing" the reputation of countries with debatable human rights records.

It was - and probably still is - corrupt at its highest level and the decision to put a World Cup in Qatar - and worse not withdrawing it when the bribery claims were proven to be true - does not sit well with me. Will I still watch it next winter? Probably (although I'm not a regular national team viewer).

The Premiership is all about the money. That is itself a corrupting influence but has not yet reached a point where games are being staged in places for political gain. Unlike F1 which appears to have absolutely NIL social or moral conscience.

Each to his own of course. Dig deep enough and there will be aspects of all our pleasures that are distasteful or immoral or unethical (I like to shoot (at) clay pigeons for instance but was for many years also shooting live game which I'm sure many will find unacceptable.)

Enjoy F1 if that's your thing but for the reasons above I stopped watching perhaps a decade ago.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024