Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Valery and Forster 08:54 - Dec 29 with 1447 views1teeminants

I thought they were both excellent yesterday. Fair play to Valery playing as centre back I thought he did well under pressure. I loved the spirit in the team yesterday to roll up their sleeves and battle. Ralph seems to have instilled a good fighting spirit which was there against West Ham too. We have all criticised Ralph in the past including myself and sometimes I can’t believe his team selections but I think he’s slowly winning some doubters over. Let’s see what happens in the next month or so.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Valery and Forster on 10:23 - Dec 29 with 1327 viewsSaintNick

I have said most of this in the verdict on the home page now, Ralph has had to work under some challenging conditions and we are slowly coming through them and building some good foundations

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Valery and Forster on 12:39 - Dec 29 with 1241 viewsBerber

Slowly being the operative word. It's taken him 3 years to get to where most new managers get in 3 months, but the highs have been wonderful.
Valery and Forster on 13:43 - Dec 29 with 1193 viewsPatfromPoole

Completely agree with 1teem.

Good to catch up in the Five Rivers yesterday, sir.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Valery and Forster on 14:55 - Dec 29 with 1162 views1teeminants

Valery and Forster on 13:43 - Dec 29 by PatfromPoole

Completely agree with 1teem.

Good to catch up in the Five Rivers yesterday, sir.

Yes it was mate, good to see you. You should come in more often Pat .

Valery and Forster on 15:07 - Dec 29 with 1145 viewsSaintsforeverj

Valery and Forster on 12:39 - Dec 29 by Berber

Slowly being the operative word. It's taken him 3 years to get to where most new managers get in 3 months, but the highs have been wonderful.

It's taken him 3 years to get to where most managers get in 3 months? Dean Smith at Norwich? Ranieri at Watford or Benitez at Everton? You mean the managers that have loads of money to spend? And even then, they don't always do well, like Benitez. It's better to have a consistent manager and I don't think people realise how good Ralph is, considering Saints are the lowest net spenders in the league. A great win at West Ham, a magnificent battling performance yesterday, one or two points away from the top ten, after selling many of our best players.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2021 15:17]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Valery and Forster on 16:46 - Dec 29 with 1093 viewsBerber

Valery and Forster on 15:07 - Dec 29 by Saintsforeverj

It's taken him 3 years to get to where most managers get in 3 months? Dean Smith at Norwich? Ranieri at Watford or Benitez at Everton? You mean the managers that have loads of money to spend? And even then, they don't always do well, like Benitez. It's better to have a consistent manager and I don't think people realise how good Ralph is, considering Saints are the lowest net spenders in the league. A great win at West Ham, a magnificent battling performance yesterday, one or two points away from the top ten, after selling many of our best players.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2021 15:17]

Norwich and Watford are poor or unproven squads, that is not what we have, and nor was it the case when RH joined. This is not an anti RH rant, and I am not anti RH by any means, you can check my previous posts, but really, whilst he has improved the style of football, we are hardly better off wrt squad and results than we were for the two seasons before he came.

You mention the (rare) win at W Ham, but mostly, we have a string of draws and defeats, many of which we should have won, and this has been going on for over a year now. Lots of teams have to sell their better players, it goes with the turf these days as more players exploit the system to maximise their income, which includes moving on a free so that they can have more leverage in wage negotiations with the mew club.

Any knowledgeble observer would say, as many pundits have, that we are not a top half club and always likely to step on our own dicks. It won't stop me enjoying or attending the games though.
Valery and Forster on 16:52 - Dec 29 with 1087 viewsSaintsforeverj

Valery and Forster on 16:46 - Dec 29 by Berber

Norwich and Watford are poor or unproven squads, that is not what we have, and nor was it the case when RH joined. This is not an anti RH rant, and I am not anti RH by any means, you can check my previous posts, but really, whilst he has improved the style of football, we are hardly better off wrt squad and results than we were for the two seasons before he came.

You mention the (rare) win at W Ham, but mostly, we have a string of draws and defeats, many of which we should have won, and this has been going on for over a year now. Lots of teams have to sell their better players, it goes with the turf these days as more players exploit the system to maximise their income, which includes moving on a free so that they can have more leverage in wage negotiations with the mew club.

Any knowledgeble observer would say, as many pundits have, that we are not a top half club and always likely to step on our own dicks. It won't stop me enjoying or attending the games though.

Give Ralph a bit of money to spend on the squad, get him a top striker and a playmaker, then see how Ralph's aggressive, pressing, attacking team does. And I will mention again, THE lowest net spend in the league. Ralph is doing a cracking job.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2021 16:53]

Valery and Forster on 17:49 - Dec 29 with 1043 viewsBerber

Valery and Forster on 16:52 - Dec 29 by Saintsforeverj

Give Ralph a bit of money to spend on the squad, get him a top striker and a playmaker, then see how Ralph's aggressive, pressing, attacking team does. And I will mention again, THE lowest net spend in the league. Ralph is doing a cracking job.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2021 16:53]

"Give Ralph a bit of money to spend on the squad, get him a top striker and a playmaker, then see how Ralph's aggressive, pressing, attacking team does."

You may be right, but we'll probably never know.
Login to get fewer ads

Valery and Forster on 19:52 - Dec 29 with 979 viewsBicester_North

Valery and Forster on 16:46 - Dec 29 by Berber

Clubs with greater resources than ours
Man c
Liverpool
Man U
Chelsea
Arsenal
Spurs
Everton
Leicester
West Ham
Newcastle
Villa
Leeds
Wolves
Brighton
Palace

So 16th is a par finish. Ralph keeps getting to the point where fans want him gone but then seems to wrestle it back. All the time we have a team who is playing for the manager that’s about all we can hope for with our current owner I think.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Valery and Forster on 20:11 - Dec 29 with 942 viewsSaintsforeverj

Valery and Forster on 19:52 - Dec 29 by Bicester_North

Man c
Liverpool
Man U
Chelsea
Arsenal
Spurs
Everton
Leicester
West Ham
Newcastle
Villa
Leeds
Wolves
Brighton
Palace

So 16th is a par finish. Ralph keeps getting to the point where fans want him gone but then seems to wrestle it back. All the time we have a team who is playing for the manager that’s about all we can hope for with our current owner I think.

And as much as we have disappointments (would it be Saints if we didn't?), Ralph keeps us up, we have some great results sometimes, some great performances sometimes, he clearly cares about The Saints, he does a lap of the pitch for the fans, the players are playing for him and he hasn't had the resources of the rest of the Pl (what's new?). For those reasons I like the guy. I have been a Saints fan for many decades (actually since I was born) and have seen the rubbish managers / characters we could get. Ralph is decent in my view. A manager who dam well genuinely cares about my club: it's genuine.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2021 20:14]

Valery and Forster on 20:30 - Dec 29 with 913 views1teeminants

Valery and Forster on 19:52 - Dec 29 by Bicester_North

Man c
Liverpool
Man U
Chelsea
Arsenal
Spurs
Everton
Leicester
West Ham
Newcastle
Villa
Leeds
Wolves
Brighton
Palace

Yes this really. It’s sad to me that teams like Palace and Brighton have more to spend than us but it’s true they do. We need to accept this fact and just hope that a decent buy out is hopefully coming.

Valery and Forster on 21:48 - Dec 29 with 851 viewssaintwizzler

Valery and Forster on 20:11 - Dec 29 by Saintsforeverj

And as much as we have disappointments (would it be Saints if we didn't?), Ralph keeps us up, we have some great results sometimes, some great performances sometimes, he clearly cares about The Saints, he does a lap of the pitch for the fans, the players are playing for him and he hasn't had the resources of the rest of the Pl (what's new?). For those reasons I like the guy. I have been a Saints fan for many decades (actually since I was born) and have seen the rubbish managers / characters we could get. Ralph is decent in my view. A manager who dam well genuinely cares about my club: it's genuine.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2021 20:14]

If a bigger club came in for him he’d be off before you could say “We haven't lost a game this season in which Perraud has played the full 90mins.”

There is no loyalty in football.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Valery and Forster on 22:33 - Dec 29 with 817 viewskingslandstand1

Valery and Forster on 21:48 - Dec 29 by saintwizzler

If a bigger club came in for him he’d be off before you could say “We haven't lost a game this season in which Perraud has played the full 90mins.”

Hate to say it, but you're probably correct there!
Valery and Forster on 22:37 - Dec 29 with 815 viewsBicester_North

No there isn’t, so we we may as well be happy with staying up and good cup runs until we get a new owner, who could also be as bad or worse than Jisheng G.
It’s football that’s f*cked. We live in a provincial city where if you want to you can go and watch the best football in the world. If that’s what you like then we are lucky supporters, as we have nearly zero chance of winning trophies any more.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Valery and Forster on 23:58 - Dec 29 with 761 viewsSaintsforeverj

I've no doubt you're right that Ralph would leave if a big club came in for him. But my point is more that we just wouldn't get anyone better with the current owner. And will even go further and say that I'm not even sure that Guardiola, Mourinhio, Conte and the rest would do much better with our squad. They are good because they have hundreds of millions to spend. And even then, they sometimes don't win a thing.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024