Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Did i miss something tonight....... 23:52 - Jan 11 with 4570 viewsTripleNiemi

It was almost like i was at a Robbie Williams concert and not a top flight football match......cringeworthy.

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Did i miss something tonight....... on 16:47 - Jan 12 with 1392 viewsBerber

Did i miss something tonight....... on 16:08 - Jan 12 by PaleRider

FT - fair point. As I said, I would love to have an area that is almost the "anti-family" stand where men can act like men and just have a good afternoon out. I am not a season ticket holder so might try Kingsland North next time. The last time I was in Kingsland I got told to stop abusing the linesman by a guy who left at half time! Do you recommend a particular block?

Block 35 can get noisy and vociferous (and funny), but generally verbally sedate in content. I think the further back you go, the less sedate. I guess block 36 would be a bit more noisy and spicey without going into the Northam proper.
Did i miss something tonight....... on 17:02 - Jan 12 with 1370 viewsPaleRider

Did i miss something tonight....... on 16:47 - Jan 12 by Berber

Block 35 can get noisy and vociferous (and funny), but generally verbally sedate in content. I think the further back you go, the less sedate. I guess block 36 would be a bit more noisy and spicey without going into the Northam proper.

Thanks Berber!
Did i miss something tonight....... on 19:30 - Jan 12 with 1294 viewsScoot

More happy when we lose aye. Not satisfied when we do well.

Poll: Should NJ go?

Did i miss something tonight....... on 19:33 - Jan 12 with 1292 viewsScoot

More happy when we lose aye. Not satisfied when we do well.

Poll: Should NJ go?

Did i miss something tonight....... on 23:30 - Jan 12 with 1197 viewsPatfromPoole

Did i miss something tonight....... on 12:26 - Jan 12 by dirk_doone

Yes, I remember when I suggested that the Itchen North and Northam/Kingsland corner join up to form one big kop, being given the argument that they were 'surrounding' the away supporters. Last night was the first time it ever appeared to work, perhaps because the small Itchen North group that you could hardly hear before had its numbers bolstered.

Brentford fan says the Itchen North was the noisiest section 🤷‍♀️.

Maybe it depends on where you’re stood…..

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Did i miss something tonight....... on 01:07 - Jan 13 with 1176 viewsdarthvader

Maybe a bit cringe , but i couldnt give a shi.t if we are winning .

I noticed a few phone lights at the back of the northam near the end of the brighton game, before they equalised , so i would suggest it may have started there again this time .

Id rather it didnt happen but not too bothered , the atmostphere is better than previous seasons , more noise and more importantly getting behind the team .

keep the faith coyr

Did i miss something tonight....... on 06:14 - Jan 13 with 1147 viewsSaintsforeverj

Did i miss something tonight....... on 23:30 - Jan 12 by PatfromPoole

Exactly right. Having been to some away games, the atmosphere at St Mary's is much better than most other grounds, where the tourists just sit there in silence. Numerous away fans have commented on our lively and noisy support. We might sing a few "cringy" songs, in some people's opinion, but better than the silence of the Emirates, Old Trafford, Vicarage Road and so on. The Saints fans were excellent the other night, and don't get the credit they deserve in comparison to other grounds. The songs may not be original enough for some, but who cares. I'm sure the players won't care, as long as they feel that the fans are behind them and cheering them on, giving them a push on the pitch.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Did i miss something tonight....... on 07:48 - Jan 13 with 1108 viewsSalisburySaint

Did i miss something tonight....... on 16:08 - Jan 12 by PaleRider

FT - fair point. As I said, I would love to have an area that is almost the "anti-family" stand where men can act like men and just have a good afternoon out. I am not a season ticket holder so might try Kingsland North next time. The last time I was in Kingsland I got told to stop abusing the linesman by a guy who left at half time! Do you recommend a particular block?

i'm a season ticket holder in Block 35, sat in that area since 2009.

Atmosphere from there around to Block 39 usually really good, you get a few who moan about some things but not many.
Login to get fewer ads

Did i miss something tonight....... on 08:01 - Jan 13 with 1094 viewsBuggalugs

My take on it is quite simply the majority of football fans are helmets nowadays. The bastardisation of the game over the last couple of decades by Sky, the impact of all seater stadiums, the cost of going and the rise of social media has bred a new-age fan and eroded much of the fan culture of yesteryear.

However, society does and always has changed and each generation has always looked at its replacement with disdain, so it’s just natural progression. I’m not into Love Island, selfies, Instagram likes etc, but many of those in their teens, 20’s and even 30’s are. Their world is based on a contrived concoction of manufactured nonsense, so its not surprising they think the Kolo Toure and Pompey get battered type songs are hilarious, whereas my type know they’re w@nk.

Having said that, it’s still better to have atmosphere within your support than not, so although I might view most of it as cringeworthy, at least we don’t have a ground full of cardboard cutouts. The “lightshow” at the end of the Brentford game was definitely a cringe too far though.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Did i miss something tonight....... on 08:31 - Jan 13 with 1077 viewscocklebreath

I gave up getting annoyed about our fans years ago, I used to spend games getting furious about fans singing barmy army but now it’s better to pretend it’s not happening, as said already the world has changed, at least we have a decent atmosphere these days.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Did i miss something tonight....... on 09:05 - Jan 13 with 1057 viewsPaleRider

Did i miss something tonight....... on 07:48 - Jan 13 by SalisburySaint

i'm a season ticket holder in Block 35, sat in that area since 2009.

Atmosphere from there around to Block 39 usually really good, you get a few who moan about some things but not many.

Thanks Salisbury
Did i miss something tonight....... on 09:34 - Jan 13 with 1042 viewsfranniesTache

Did i miss something tonight....... on 06:14 - Jan 13 by Saintsforeverj

Exactly right. Having been to some away games, the atmosphere at St Mary's is much better than most other grounds, where the tourists just sit there in silence. Numerous away fans have commented on our lively and noisy support. We might sing a few "cringy" songs, in some people's opinion, but better than the silence of the Emirates, Old Trafford, Vicarage Road and so on. The Saints fans were excellent the other night, and don't get the credit they deserve in comparison to other grounds. The songs may not be original enough for some, but who cares. I'm sure the players won't care, as long as they feel that the fans are behind them and cheering them on, giving them a push on the pitch.

I don't disagree some noise is better than none, but my question is if you like the sort of thing that's sung in the Northam and don't get the culture of another area why move there in the first place and make it worse.

These nippers should stay in the Northam and make it their culture, they obviously like the rubbish that comes with the Soccer AM "banter" so stay in one place and do that instead of coming over to the Itchen North and totally ruining what was once good
Did i miss something tonight....... on 10:01 - Jan 13 with 1027 viewsBerber

Did i miss something tonight....... on 13:27 - Jan 12 by franniesTache

It's so f*cking bad in there normally right now adding more will make it an utter circus, so far this season we had

phone lights like an ariana grande concert
the koulo toure/yaya toure song
pompey get battered every five minutes
block 1/2 singing three different speeds of Oh When The Saints at the same time
our own fans not being able to sing Tino LIvramento to the tune of come on eileen
EVEN MORE players being sung to Seven Nation Army
general noddy behaviour like backboards being hit like there's an epileptic staring at a strobe

and god knows what else too.

Its absolutely shocking in the Itchen North, and even makes the Northam look an attractive choice

"like backboards being hit like there's an epileptic staring at a strobe" what a pearler. To be fair, a lot of that would apply to The Northam too. The chance of folk keeping their phones in their pockets is as great as a teenager keeping his hands off his ****. At least we don't seem to have many (if any) watching the game through their phones as is often seen at other grounds.
Did i miss something tonight....... on 10:15 - Jan 13 with 1014 viewsBuggalugs

Did i miss something tonight....... on 09:34 - Jan 13 by franniesTache

I don't disagree some noise is better than none, but my question is if you like the sort of thing that's sung in the Northam and don't get the culture of another area why move there in the first place and make it worse.

These nippers should stay in the Northam and make it their culture, they obviously like the rubbish that comes with the Soccer AM "banter" so stay in one place and do that instead of coming over to the Itchen North and totally ruining what was once good

The only way to sort it is to dig them out and make it known they're behaving like dicks. It's got to be the responsibility of the chaps already there to deal with it and nip the banterboy behaviour in the bud. They need to feel uncomfortable in the company of normal lads, much like you or I would feel uncomfortable in their company.

Upping sticks and moving to another part of the ground will only see them follow in a season or two's time.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Did i miss something tonight....... on 10:16 - Jan 13 with 1013 viewsdirk_doone

Did i miss something tonight....... on 23:30 - Jan 12 by PatfromPoole

I agree with the Brentford fans. In that game, the Itchen North was the loudest I've ever heard it, which is exactly what I said earlier in this thread.

"Last night was the loudest I've ever heard the Itchen North "

I also agree with what Nick said: "The level of support including from the Itchen North is far better than it has been in recent seasons."

After the Spurs home game, I said that our support both home and away is now among the best in the Premier League and that the new owners would be impressed by it.

Long may it continue as I think loud home support is good.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2022 10:27]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Did i miss something tonight....... on 10:48 - Jan 13 with 972 viewsfranniesTache

Did i miss something tonight....... on 10:15 - Jan 13 by Buggalugs

The only way to sort it is to dig them out and make it known they're behaving like dicks. It's got to be the responsibility of the chaps already there to deal with it and nip the banterboy behaviour in the bud. They need to feel uncomfortable in the company of normal lads, much like you or I would feel uncomfortable in their company.

Upping sticks and moving to another part of the ground will only see them follow in a season or two's time.

To be fair we've done that most games but it gets f*cking boring after a while, we even had one din turn up to the Spurs game wearing an Arsenal shirt "as banter", then look confused when we called him a tw*t and told him to zip up his jacket and stop being a bellend.

The problem with the Itchen North now is been completely infested by these pr(cks, it's like having a stand full of people like this

Did i miss something tonight....... on 16:52 - Jan 13 with 854 viewsSaintsforeverj

Did i miss something tonight....... on 10:48 - Jan 13 by franniesTache

To be fair we've done that most games but it gets f*cking boring after a while, we even had one din turn up to the Spurs game wearing an Arsenal shirt "as banter", then look confused when we called him a tw*t and told him to zip up his jacket and stop being a bellend.

The problem with the Itchen North now is been completely infested by these pr(cks, it's like having a stand full of people like this

On that example, I totally agree. Someone turning up in another club's shirt as banter is a bellend. And why would a Saints fan have an Arsenal shirt!!! He should have been thrown out. I understand your point, but these idiots who are probably all around the ground, just need to be put right, I would say. It's the same with any away fans that ever get in the home end, being disrespectful, displaying their shirts etc. I and the others around me, cause a fuss and get them thrown out by the stewards. More difficult with Saints fans singing cringy songs, but any support of the team doesn't particularly bother me personally, even if the songs are cringe. But I know what you mean. It's society today, things have changed. I hate the half and half scarves for example but what can you do.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2022 16:56]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024