Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Prince Andrew No Longer Able To Use HRH 21:21 - Jan 13 with 4055 viewsSaintNick

Seems like his family are distancing themselves from him

This post has been edited by an administrator

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Prince Andrew No Longer Able To Use HRH on 10:34 - Jan 14 with 928 viewsBridders2

Prince Andrew No Longer Able To Use HRH on 10:24 - Jan 14 by dirk_doone

Prince Philip is still very active? His coffin was in the vaults at Windsor Castle the last time I went there. He must have escaped.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2022 10:27]

True, this article is a few years old, but who'd want to do her job!
Prince Andrew No Longer Able To Use HRH on 11:04 - Jan 14 with 894 viewsdirk_doone

Prince Andrew No Longer Able To Use HRH on 10:34 - Jan 14 by Bridders2

True, this article is a few years old, but who'd want to do her job!

I'd be happy if she had more control over the country than our current prime minister.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Prince Andrew No Longer Able To Use HRH on 11:13 - Jan 14 with 879 viewsSadoldgit

Prince Andrew No Longer Able To Use HRH on 10:32 - Jan 14 by kernow

Concisely summarised by our royal correspondent.
Not concise enough for me to bother reading after the first paragraph, unfortunately.
Is the overgrown playboy prince still on the civil list?
[Post edited 14 Jan 2022 10:33]

It’s ridiculous that we expect someone to behave like this in this day and age, especially as she effectively has no power and is doing all of this for show. Whilst the minor royals swam around having fun, she has spent her life in “duty” so much so, that she didn’t even have time to be a proper mother to her three children. All three have failed marriages and it has become, over the years, our highest profile dysfunctional family. To have someone do this into their 90’s is more than cruel. She has been amazing, but at what price. When she passes the monarchy needs a radical overhaul. No one should be expected to do what she has done and for so long again.
Prince Andrew No Longer Able To Use HRH on 11:54 - Jan 14 with 855 viewsPaleRider

SOGs - she has four children. I know it's easy to forget Prince Edward but his marriage hasn't ended in divorce, although who knows if it's a sham marriage.
Prince Andrew No Longer Able To Use HRH on 12:04 - Jan 14 with 846 viewsChesham_Saint

Prince Andrew No Longer Able To Use HRH on 11:54 - Jan 14 by PaleRider

SOGs - she has four children. I know it's easy to forget Prince Edward but his marriage hasn't ended in divorce, although who knows if it's a sham marriage.

FWIW, I know a couple of people who’ve worked closely with Sophie on a few charitable events and they think very highly of her.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Prince Andrew No Longer Able To Use HRH on 12:16 - Jan 14 with 835 viewsPaleRider

Prince Andrew No Longer Able To Use HRH on 12:04 - Jan 14 by Chesham_Saint

FWIW, I know a couple of people who’ve worked closely with Sophie on a few charitable events and they think very highly of her.

Chesh - FWIW, some people still think highly of Boris

Sorry - couldn't resist.
Prince Andrew No Longer Able To Use HRH on 12:59 - Jan 14 with 819 viewsfranniesTache

I've always found the idea of a "ruling" family who are placed above us based on a divine right given by a god i don't believe in a strange and outdated concept.

Then again i don't see the need for a president if we get rid of them either, having two functioning houses of government (ideally both elected, but that's another story) is more than enough in a modern democracy.

As for Andrew, i'm on the side of innocent till proven guilty, but this does sound like they've made their own internal call on it.
Prince Andrew No Longer Able To Use HRH on 15:45 - Jan 14 with 783 viewsSadoldgit

Whoops, brain fart! Edward is easily forgotten though, bless him! Propbably because he has led a relatively normal life in relation to the rest! Sophie’s brother David used to run a pub in Brookland (near Rye) called the Royal Oak. The food was excellent and we even stayed in the B&B once. I didnt get to meet Sophie but David and his wife were lovely.
Login to get fewer ads

Prince Andrew No Longer Able To Use HRH on 16:09 - Jan 14 with 768 viewsBridders2

Prince Andrew No Longer Able To Use HRH on 11:13 - Jan 14 by Sadoldgit

It’s ridiculous that we expect someone to behave like this in this day and age, especially as she effectively has no power and is doing all of this for show. Whilst the minor royals swam around having fun, she has spent her life in “duty” so much so, that she didn’t even have time to be a proper mother to her three children. All three have failed marriages and it has become, over the years, our highest profile dysfunctional family. To have someone do this into their 90’s is more than cruel. She has been amazing, but at what price. When she passes the monarchy needs a radical overhaul. No one should be expected to do what she has done and for so long again.

'No one should be expected to do what she has done and for so long again.'

It's what's expected of the monarchy and they're born to it from an early age, and tutored for the roll. I know it's not what any normal person would do, but this role has been handed down for generations and William seems to understand the burden he will inherit (unlike his brother).
For hundreds of years they led us into battle at the front of our armies, where they gained instant respect, these days they graft for the nation.
I agree that the lesser royals need to get normal jobs and support themselves and have low profile lives, but the inner circle have a very valid role.
Prince Andrew No Longer Able To Use HRH on 16:22 - Jan 14 with 750 viewsSadoldgit

Prince Andrew No Longer Able To Use HRH on 16:09 - Jan 14 by Bridders2

'No one should be expected to do what she has done and for so long again.'

It's what's expected of the monarchy and they're born to it from an early age, and tutored for the roll. I know it's not what any normal person would do, but this role has been handed down for generations and William seems to understand the burden he will inherit (unlike his brother).
For hundreds of years they led us into battle at the front of our armies, where they gained instant respect, these days they graft for the nation.
I agree that the lesser royals need to get normal jobs and support themselves and have low profile lives, but the inner circle have a very valid role.

It’s bad enough that people have to carry on working after the age of 65. I am not sure it is at all humane to expect someone to carry on working into their 90’s and until they die.
Prince Andrew No Longer Able To Use HRH on 16:32 - Jan 14 with 745 viewsElijahK

Prince Andrew No Longer Able To Use HRH on 01:38 - Jan 14 by darthvader

Its a good job its not a few centries ago you lot would be in the tower following the other treasonous snkes to be hung drawn and quarterd .

God save the Queen

Yeah and back then people thought the earth was flat, their was no such thing as outer space and that you cure a disease by licking a toad or such… says it all really

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Prince Andrew No Longer Able To Use HRH on 16:40 - Jan 14 with 742 viewsElijahK

Prince Andrew No Longer Able To Use HRH on 10:17 - Jan 14 by Bridders2

Do you fancy doing the Queens job? I doubt anybody would, it's relentless, day after day of dull engagements for decades, serving her country. She can't go off on a whim and have the freedom to do anything she likes...she's tied in, FOR LIFE.

After reading the newspapers she's in her office at 9pm. Once the letters are dealt with, it’s then time to open the contents of the famous ‘Red Boxes’, sent up by Her Majesty’s Private Secretaries. These are full of important letters, such as Cabinet documents, telegrams and state papers, which The Queen must read, approve and sign. They are sent to The Queen each and every day, wherever she is: the only day she has off from her red boxes is Christmas Day.

The Queen spends time away from her desk travelling the country
In contrast to a morning sat at her desk (like the rest of us), The Queen often spends her mornings out in the UK, undertaking engagements. Normally, these visits are on behalf of her patronages, and she is usually accompanied by her husband, The Duke of Edinburgh. The couple visit venues across the country, sometimes this is up to three visits before lunch! Both Her Majesty and Prince Philip, 89 and 94 respectively, are still very active and carry out hundreds of engagements each year.

Of course, in recent years, the Monarch has slowed down on these visits, and Prince Philip officially ‘retired’ in 2017, so she is more likely to spend time inside the residence conducting meetings, audiences and receptions there.

After all the morning admin, when at Buckingham Palace (or Windsor Castle on Thursdays and Fridays), the clock is only reading 11, and it’s time for Her Majesty to attend meetings. The Queen dedicates one-on-one time with special guests, such as overseas ambassadors, High Commissioners, newly appointed British ambassadors, and senior members of the British and Commonwealth Armed Forces. These usually last no more than 20 minutes to ensure relevant and important topics are discussed, but not to eat into too much of Her Majesty’s daily schedule.

On some occasions, instead of The Queen’s normal meetings, she will attend award ceremonies, to hand out prizes and awards to individuals who have won awards cross a variety of disciplines. These can include The Queen’s medal for Nursing, The Queen’s Award for Voluntary Service, the Commonwealth Book Prize, or the more formal investiture ceremonies to give OBEs, CBEs, MBEs, knighthoods and more to those who have made a difference in their community or field of work.

– PRINCESS ANNE LEADS ROYALS WITH MOST ENGAGEMENTS OF 2015 — BEATING CHARLES & THE QUEEN –
After all that hard work, it’s time for a lunch break, which The Queen often chooses to take privately.

However, once a month, she and the Duke host an informal lunch with guests from different backgrounds in the UK. These can include charity volunteers, businessmen and women; on other occasions, the lunch date may be more intimate with the newly-appointed or retiring Governor-General and their guests.

Once lunch is over, it is often time for The Queen to go out and about. With so many invitations, it would be impossible for Her Majesty to attend them all, so she hand picks events to ensure her (limited) time is used effectively. The Queen manages to attend hundreds of royal engagements each year — though she is slowing down a little, ranging from visits to schools, military units, newly opened hospitals, and charity headquarters.

Her Majesty uses a helicopter, or train for long distance travel to engagements
When travelling outside of London, The Queen will use a helicopter, or sometimes or RAF aircraft for the ease and speed it brings. This enables her to meet more people, open more events and buildings, and unveil plaques. If a visit is to be an entire day, Elizabeth will us the train. The Queen and Duke then usually travel back overnight.

Long-haul travel has been all but ruled out for the Monarch now thanks to her age, with Prince Charles taking over any work that requires lengthy travel.

Other admin tasks she must complete include those regarding the Balmoral and Sandringham estates, The Queen’s private homes in Aberdeenshire and Norfolk respectively.

Family visits will be booked in advance — there is no ‘dropping by’ at Buckingham Palace because mummy, granny or auntie is The Queen!

Afternoon tea is usually taken at 4pm. This gives a much needed break from a busy schedule, but it is not long before she is back working again.

As the day comes to an end, The Queen still has much to do. Once a week, usually on a Wednesday at 6:30pm, Elizabeth II will meet with The Prime Minister. This meeting is held strictly private: minutes are not taken, and the conversations are not spoke of to anyone.

At 7:30pm, The Queen will take the time to read the report of the day’s parliamentary proceedings, written by one of the government whips. Perhaps it is now that she indulges in her favourite drink — gin and dubonnet, measured in the ratio 1:2.

When she is not entertaining, The Queen prefers to eat a carb-free meal alone

It’s now around 9pm, and it’s party time for The Queen, as her evenings are regularly used to host official receptions, alongside the members of the Royal Family, at Buckingham Palace. The receptions are often in aid of the work of particular groups in the community, or will be held ahead of overseas visits.

We know Her Majesty watches TV (we have spied the Sky box in her sitting room!), and Downton Abbey was one of her favourites, where she tried to spot mistakes. Of course, it wasn’t set all that long before she was born! X-Factor was also on her list of ‘never-missed shows’ (apparently), and Eastenders and Coronation Street are firm favourites with a number of Royals. Dad’s Army and Last of the Summer Wine also make the cut, and it seems likely The Queen is just like us, and sits down to watch the latest instalment of a series, when she can, to relax.

The Queen manages the balance between her public and private duties, by ensuring she is kept well-briefed throughout. Hers is often the last light out at the Palace, as she continues to read her red boxes....

Yeah I would be up for it, as for the life of luxury she gets (I mean she does LITERALLY live in a palace), as well as soo much more, I think she’s got a pretty great end of the bargain.
As yeah she does do a lot of travelling… in world class card/planes/trains etc all of which probably have more value and luxury that both of what we own combined!
And so she has a few meetings and such, doesn’t that sound pretty similar to a job in which the average person has to do?… but I guess the average person doesn’t just get to sit their and discuss things whilst getting some of the best food, drinks, luxury etc on earth! Whilst the average day to day person has a coffee machine in the corner at best.

It’s just ridiculous that people respect her soo much, yet we forget/look over the day to day person that keeps this country flowing, as well as those who deserve by far the most respect which are those that put their lives on the line for us (aka the emergency services/army) yet they don’t get all the stuff that she does, but still works just as much, but also could die at any point serving their country. The fact that they do all that and get nothing compared to the queen says it all really.

But if she really is having such a hard time, then give me an example of something that the average person could not do if they were in her shoes (so will have still be taught what she has etc, but something that only she and few others can do), as their are many that a policeman, firefighter, doctor, soldier etc can do, which the average person couldn’t.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2022 16:51]

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Prince Andrew No Longer Able To Use HRH on 16:42 - Jan 14 with 740 viewsBridders2

Prince Andrew No Longer Able To Use HRH on 16:22 - Jan 14 by Sadoldgit

It’s bad enough that people have to carry on working after the age of 65. I am not sure it is at all humane to expect someone to carry on working into their 90’s and until they die.

She could abdicate anytime, she doesn't want to.
Prince Andrew No Longer Able To Use HRH on 16:50 - Jan 14 with 730 viewsBazza

Prince Andrew No Longer Able To Use HRH on 01:38 - Jan 14 by darthvader

Its a good job its not a few centries ago you lot would be in the tower following the other treasonous snkes to be hung drawn and quarterd .

God save the Queen

You forget a few previous kings lost their heads one way or another, amongst the current Queen’s corkscrew line of ancestors
Prince Andrew No Longer Able To Use HRH on 17:10 - Jan 14 with 707 viewsBridders2

Prince Andrew No Longer Able To Use HRH on 16:40 - Jan 14 by ElijahK

Yeah I would be up for it, as for the life of luxury she gets (I mean she does LITERALLY live in a palace), as well as soo much more, I think she’s got a pretty great end of the bargain.
As yeah she does do a lot of travelling… in world class card/planes/trains etc all of which probably have more value and luxury that both of what we own combined!
And so she has a few meetings and such, doesn’t that sound pretty similar to a job in which the average person has to do?… but I guess the average person doesn’t just get to sit their and discuss things whilst getting some of the best food, drinks, luxury etc on earth! Whilst the average day to day person has a coffee machine in the corner at best.

It’s just ridiculous that people respect her soo much, yet we forget/look over the day to day person that keeps this country flowing, as well as those who deserve by far the most respect which are those that put their lives on the line for us (aka the emergency services/army) yet they don’t get all the stuff that she does, but still works just as much, but also could die at any point serving their country. The fact that they do all that and get nothing compared to the queen says it all really.

But if she really is having such a hard time, then give me an example of something that the average person could not do if they were in her shoes (so will have still be taught what she has etc, but something that only she and few others can do), as their are many that a policeman, firefighter, doctor, soldier etc can do, which the average person couldn’t.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2022 16:51]

'Yeah I would be up for it'

You wouldn't last a day mush, and you'd miss your PlayStation.
Prince Andrew No Longer Able To Use HRH on 17:42 - Jan 14 with 686 viewsSadoldgit

Prince Andrew No Longer Able To Use HRH on 16:42 - Jan 14 by Bridders2

She could abdicate anytime, she doesn't want to.

Probably doesn’t want to spend more time with the family!
Sadly though she seems to have been brainwashed from an early age about her sense of duty.
Prince Andrew No Longer Able To Use HRH on 18:10 - Jan 14 with 665 viewsBridders2

Prince Andrew No Longer Able To Use HRH on 17:42 - Jan 14 by Sadoldgit

Probably doesn’t want to spend more time with the family!
Sadly though she seems to have been brainwashed from an early age about her sense of duty.

Not brainwashed, she could always walk away as her uncle did.
Prince Andrew No Longer Able To Use HRH on 18:32 - Jan 14 with 653 viewsBerber

I know someone who would know, they say they are a lovely family, and not like the others.
Prince Andrew No Longer Able To Use HRH on 20:51 - Jan 14 with 618 viewsSadoldgit

Prince Andrew No Longer Able To Use HRH on 18:10 - Jan 14 by Bridders2

Not brainwashed, she could always walk away as her uncle did.

Then why didn’t she? Or why didn’t she abdicate when Philip retired to spend “normal” time with her husband. How many people do you know are still working in their 90’s. It is really not normal is it? Hopefully the mould has been broken by Diana with William, as Charles has been brought up the same way as Elizabeth.
Prince Andrew No Longer Able To Use HRH on 11:24 - Jan 15 with 544 viewsdwayne_dibley

to basically sum it all up the question is still "is Andy Pandy still porking the Young Ones"

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Prince Andrew No Longer Able To Use HRH on 12:14 - Jan 15 with 507 viewsSoton

Prince Andrew No Longer Able To Use HRH on 20:51 - Jan 14 by Sadoldgit

Then why didn’t she? Or why didn’t she abdicate when Philip retired to spend “normal” time with her husband. How many people do you know are still working in their 90’s. It is really not normal is it? Hopefully the mould has been broken by Diana with William, as Charles has been brought up the same way as Elizabeth.

She loves the attention and the power, she’s couldn’t handle being more ordinary, if she stepped down it would drive her mad not being able to interfere in the next king’s business
Prince Andrew No Longer Able To Use HRH on 12:35 - Jan 15 with 493 viewsdwayne_dibley

Prince Andrew No Longer Able To Use HRH on 12:14 - Jan 15 by Soton

She loves the attention and the power, she’s couldn’t handle being more ordinary, if she stepped down it would drive her mad not being able to interfere in the next king’s business

strange hobby

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Prince Andrew No Longer Able To Use HRH on 14:16 - Jan 15 with 452 viewsBazza

How the heck is Andrew's Ex wife Fergie still keeping her title, especially now he lost his title?? Time to get rid of all this ridiculous royal family and replace with elected houses of lords and commons renamed Senate and Members Houses
Prince Andrew No Longer Able To Use HRH on 12:24 - Jan 16 with 380 viewsGasGiant

Prince Andrew No Longer Able To Use HRH on 22:09 - Jan 13 by ElijahK

Surprised people even give a toss about the royal family anymore! I mean at least Harry and William actually helped out in the army, but the likes of the queen does F all for the country other than going around in some posh carriage and getting a bit of money off of the tourists, as she does nothing whatsoever that the ever age person couldn’t do in her position. But the fact that the royal lot have pedo’s/nonse’s just sums up how stupid the whole concept is these days, with only all those granny’s thinking otherwise

As a fomer officer in Her Majesty's armed services if you spoke about any ninety five year old lady like that in front of me I'd break your bloody nose and then your teeth afterwards. I wouldn't even bother to dissemble the uninformed garbage in your post. Getting a litle sick of snotty nosed bedroom warriors working out the chips on their shoulders on here.
Prince Andrew No Longer Able To Use HRH on 12:34 - Jan 16 with 369 viewsSaintsforeverj

Prince Andrew No Longer Able To Use HRH on 12:24 - Jan 16 by GasGiant

As a fomer officer in Her Majesty's armed services if you spoke about any ninety five year old lady like that in front of me I'd break your bloody nose and then your teeth afterwards. I wouldn't even bother to dissemble the uninformed garbage in your post. Getting a litle sick of snotty nosed bedroom warriors working out the chips on their shoulders on here.

Quite right. It's probably a few of our young posters who seem to have little respect for anything. As you say, a 95 year old lady who has never wavered from her duties to this country. She is still working for the country she loves. Her Majesty has been an ever present person in this country for 70 years. There has never been a hint of scandal about this wonderful women who has been our longest serving Head of state ever. To see her sat on her own at her husband's funeral, whilst our MPS were having a party, tells us all we need to know about her character and how much we should be respecting Her Majesty. When she goes, I agree that the Royal family might be in a bit of bother, but this women has been incredible. I would say that she has been one of the very few people worthy of being called genuinely "inspirational".
[Post edited 16 Jan 2022 12:39]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024