Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Burnley v Watford 22:25 - Jan 17 with 637 viewsPatfromPoole

Postponed again.

This is getting beyond farcical.

The way this is going, the season is going to end up played out in the courts.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Burnley v Watford on 23:01 - Jan 17 with 577 viewspjt50

It's a waste of time looking at the table these days. It would be more informative to do it on the average points per game (Saints would be 13th instead of 12th).

It's unlikely that the likes of Burnley will go on a winning run, but I'd hate to be in a position towards the end of the season where we could be dragged into the bottom three if they won their games in hand. That sort of thing isn't unheard of.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Burnley v Watford on 01:51 - Jan 18 with 519 viewsTimSaint

They should be fined and docked points instead of being allowed to postpone games.

They sell a player and the very next day are allowed to postpone a game because they don't have enough players !! Utterly ridiculous.

I think the rules will eventually change regarding this - they simply have to, but you can bet that nothing will dare happen, until everyone has returned from the Afcon.

TimSaint

Burnley v Watford on 08:01 - Jan 18 with 450 viewskingslandstand1

Interesting that Burnley, who called this one off, had and played an U23 match last night!
You'd have thought they'd do all they can to get the game played with the fixture pile up they're going to have now
Burnley v Watford on 08:39 - Jan 18 with 427 viewsA1079

Burnley v Watford on 23:01 - Jan 17 by pjt50

It's a waste of time looking at the table these days. It would be more informative to do it on the average points per game (Saints would be 13th instead of 12th).

It's unlikely that the likes of Burnley will go on a winning run, but I'd hate to be in a position towards the end of the season where we could be dragged into the bottom three if they won their games in hand. That sort of thing isn't unheard of.

It isn't unheard of at all pjt and that is a concern. I recall (and admittedly it was pre premire league) Coventry City had amassed games in hand and looked dead certain to go down until they played their games in hand which were mostly against teams that at the end of the season had nothing to play for and they avoided relegation. Now in those days there was a genuine reason as pitches were not weather resistant or had under soil heating so games being called off for bad weather or waterlogged pitches was a frequent occurrance but I don't recall them being called off because of lack of players - you just had to play your reserves!

I am very dubious of Burnley's intent and I believe they are trying to get games in hand so that they will play them at a point when they may face less of an opposition - though in the case of Watford I see them as being relegation challengers at the moment.

The whole thing is a farce and Burnley, Newcastle, Leeds, Leicester and Arsenal this past weekend have been allowed to abuse it.
Burnley v Watford on 09:01 - Jan 18 with 410 viewsPatfromPoole

Burnley v Watford on 08:39 - Jan 18 by A1079

It isn't unheard of at all pjt and that is a concern. I recall (and admittedly it was pre premire league) Coventry City had amassed games in hand and looked dead certain to go down until they played their games in hand which were mostly against teams that at the end of the season had nothing to play for and they avoided relegation. Now in those days there was a genuine reason as pitches were not weather resistant or had under soil heating so games being called off for bad weather or waterlogged pitches was a frequent occurrance but I don't recall them being called off because of lack of players - you just had to play your reserves!

I am very dubious of Burnley's intent and I believe they are trying to get games in hand so that they will play them at a point when they may face less of an opposition - though in the case of Watford I see them as being relegation challengers at the moment.

The whole thing is a farce and Burnley, Newcastle, Leeds, Leicester and Arsenal this past weekend have been allowed to abuse it.

To be fair to Leeds (which pains me) they have been fielding kids in their side.

Their win at West Ham was almost miraculous on Sunday.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Burnley v Watford on 09:08 - Jan 18 with 405 viewsSonicBoom

Yeah Leeds cannot be criticised. They played the game and they had loads of U23's on the bench some of which had played the previous day.

Chief culprits are Liverpool and Arsenal. Liverpool claimed multiple covid cases and then Klopp had the front to say that it turned out they had a lot of false positives. The odds of false positives are hundreds of thousands to one so clearly an utter lie. Guess what? The premier league panders to them.
Arsenal postponed a game with one covid case. ONE.
Burnley v Watford on 09:51 - Jan 18 with 360 viewsA1079

Burnley v Watford on 09:01 - Jan 18 by PatfromPoole

To be fair to Leeds (which pains me) they have been fielding kids in their side.

Their win at West Ham was almost miraculous on Sunday.

Doh.....I actually meant Liverpool - I had just been speaking to a Leeds fan so that is probably why I wrote their name. Yes, I am not a fan of Leeds Utd but they do seem to use their youth players quite a bit and it irks me to say it but they do seem to have a good team spirit. They won't go down.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024