Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Things I Noticed Yesterday 10:35 - Feb 6 with 2844 viewsSaintNick

1. Why were the fences put in place for covid still there, it made it harder to get in and out

2. Why do they not manage the queues for the turnstiles anymore, in the Kingsland there was one 50 yard queue for two turnstiles and then another four turnstiles with no queue whatsoever.

3. Why do the stewards in the Kingsland stand at each side of the stairs thus blocking part of the access both in and out

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Things I Noticed Yesterday on 17:59 - Feb 7 with 943 viewsgrumpy

Things I Noticed Yesterday on 17:52 - Feb 7 by Poirot

I dont think it was a good idea to give coventry more tickets than needed as they took over block 40 ? which is where more vocal fans would have been. Im trying to think back to games in the past and i dont recall the same seat arrangements. There was deffo no big gaps in the northam itchen corner. Maybe in the past there were less STs in the kingsland / northam corner, so it was easy to side move across. I stood less than three metres away from pompey fans in 2003.

I dont see why some fans talk about moving away area because the current location works perfectly for crowd safety and licencing. Saturday showed with such high numbers that britannia road can be closed and thats pretty unique for football grounds to have that safety layout. You would still have the problem of moving large amounts of season ticket holders for cup games. A poor atmoshpere can be generated by whats happening on the pitch and no amount of moving fans will change that. I
[Post edited 8 Feb 2022 16:27]

A poor atmosphere can be generated by what's happening on the pitch and no amount of moving fans will change that.

It wasn't like that at the Dell.
Things I Noticed Yesterday on 18:09 - Feb 7 with 923 viewscocklebreath

Things I Noticed Yesterday on 17:59 - Feb 7 by grumpy

A poor atmosphere can be generated by what's happening on the pitch and no amount of moving fans will change that.

It wasn't like that at the Dell.

Rise tinted glasses, I remember some terrible atmospheres at the Dell

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Things I Noticed Yesterday on 18:17 - Feb 7 with 898 viewsgrumpy

Things I Noticed Yesterday on 18:09 - Feb 7 by cocklebreath

Rise tinted glasses, I remember some terrible atmospheres at the Dell

Yes there was but there was always the Top Rank to cheer us up afterwards
Things I Noticed Yesterday on 19:34 - Feb 7 with 843 viewssaint68

Things I Noticed Yesterday on 18:17 - Feb 7 by grumpy

Yes there was but there was always the Top Rank to cheer us up afterwards

Ah the Top Rank...had a fair amount of blood removed from my body a couple of times and a far smaller amount of semen..loved the place if honest..

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Things I Noticed Yesterday on 09:49 - Feb 8 with 742 viewsPoirot

So since St Marys opened in 2001, we use to give away fans a maximum of around 4000 tickets (watching and being mentioned on YT vidoes from past Cup games) . This included the FA Cup fifth and quarter final games in 2003 surprisingly. Which meant that Saints fans always had block 40 and somtimes some of 41. Its hard to put a precise date on it but around 2015, that changed. Since then from what i can tell away fans have been given a max of 4800. So why the change ?
[Post edited 8 Feb 2022 10:54]
Things I Noticed Yesterday on 10:12 - Feb 8 with 728 viewsdirk_doone

Things I Noticed Yesterday on 09:49 - Feb 8 by Poirot

So since St Marys opened in 2001, we use to give away fans a maximum of around 4000 tickets (watching and being mentioned on YT vidoes from past Cup games) . This included the FA Cup fifth and quarter final games in 2003 surprisingly. Which meant that Saints fans always had block 40 and somtimes some of 41. Its hard to put a precise date on it but around 2015, that changed. Since then from what i can tell away fans have been given a max of 4800. So why the change ?
[Post edited 8 Feb 2022 10:54]

As most of these decisions at St Mary's nowadays seem to be made by the police, perhaps they want the whole of that end filled with away fans, except for the block in front of their box so they can have an unobstructed view of the game.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Things I Noticed Yesterday on 10:27 - Feb 8 with 721 viewsSaintNick

Things I Noticed Yesterday on 10:12 - Feb 8 by dirk_doone

As most of these decisions at St Mary's nowadays seem to be made by the police, perhaps they want the whole of that end filled with away fans, except for the block in front of their box so they can have an unobstructed view of the game.

The competition rules now state

"In all matches in the Competition Proper preceding the Semi-Finals where the Visiting Club’s
spectators are permitted to attend, the Visiting Club shall have the right to claim up to 15% (up
to a maximum of 9,000) of all accommodation for which tickets are issued providing these
tickets are in a fully segregated area, and subject to the following regulations:"

This means that now a Visiting club are entitled to 4,800 tickets ie 15% of 32,000 capacity, exactly the number of tickets that Coventry initially received.

All of these rules are subject to Police agreeing that they can segregate that number of fans etc.

It seems here that the police had decided that they wanted a empty space on both sides of the Northam End to seperate fans, it seems that they agreed that they didn't want so many on the Kingsland side so released some to the away club.

So the extra 300 tickets were not at the expense of Saints fans, they would have been empty if they had not been released for sale to Coventry fans and could not have been taken up by Saints fans due to the segregation issues

Things I Noticed Yesterday on 10:42 - Feb 8 with 712 viewsdirk_doone

Things I Noticed Yesterday on 10:27 - Feb 8 by SaintNick

The competition rules now state

"In all matches in the Competition Proper preceding the Semi-Finals where the Visiting Club’s
spectators are permitted to attend, the Visiting Club shall have the right to claim up to 15% (up
to a maximum of 9,000) of all accommodation for which tickets are issued providing these
tickets are in a fully segregated area, and subject to the following regulations:"

This means that now a Visiting club are entitled to 4,800 tickets ie 15% of 32,000 capacity, exactly the number of tickets that Coventry initially received.

All of these rules are subject to Police agreeing that they can segregate that number of fans etc.

It seems here that the police had decided that they wanted a empty space on both sides of the Northam End to seperate fans, it seems that they agreed that they didn't want so many on the Kingsland side so released some to the away club.

So the extra 300 tickets were not at the expense of Saints fans, they would have been empty if they had not been released for sale to Coventry fans and could not have been taken up by Saints fans due to the segregation issues

Leaving that whole block empty was ridiculous and did more harm than good. The tarpaulin is far more effective. Did you notice that after those Coventry fans ran into the empty block they stopped 5 yards short of the Saints fans and wouldn't go any nearer? It was the lure of the empty block that attracted them, especially as they'd already been allowed to place their flags in it when they arrived.

If the police leave that block empty again for the West Ham game, they are asking for trouble, as once their fans get momentum running across it, they won't stop. The usual strip of tarpaulin over the seat tops will be perfectly adequate as you can't walk, let alone run, across that. But can the police be relied upon to make sensible decisions nowadays?
[Post edited 8 Feb 2022 11:16]

Login to get fewer ads

Things I Noticed Yesterday on 11:15 - Feb 8 with 679 viewssaints__fan__73

Things I Noticed Yesterday on 10:42 - Feb 8 by dirk_doone

Leaving that whole block empty was ridiculous and did more harm than good. The tarpaulin is far more effective. Did you notice that after those Coventry fans ran into the empty block they stopped 5 yards short of the Saints fans and wouldn't go any nearer? It was the lure of the empty block that attracted them, especially as they'd already been allowed to place their flags in it when they arrived.

If the police leave that block empty again for the West Ham game, they are asking for trouble, as once their fans get momentum running across it, they won't stop. The usual strip of tarpaulin over the seat tops will be perfectly adequate as you can't walk, let alone run, across that. But can the police be relied upon to make sensible decisions nowadays?

What do you mean the tarpaulin was more effective? The empty block in the Northam/Itchen corner was covered with a black tarpaulin. When Coventry took the lead there fans pushed through the stewards who were there and we able to run across the tarpaulin to get to the Saints fans.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Things I Noticed Yesterday on 11:31 - Feb 8 with 658 viewsSaintNick

Things I Noticed Yesterday on 10:42 - Feb 8 by dirk_doone

I agree we have never had any real trouble with fans across segregation at St Mary's and most other grounds don't have massive netting etc

Most fans arent really interested in getting across netting as they know they have a 99.99% chance of being arrested either there and then or later when the CCTV has been viewed.

But when there is the gap there is the attraction of running across empty seats as the perception is you arent breaching any ground regulations etc, so an empty gap has the opposite effect on that intended.

Things I Noticed Yesterday on 11:32 - Feb 8 with 657 viewsBuggalugs

Things I Noticed Yesterday on 11:15 - Feb 8 by saints__fan__73

What do you mean the tarpaulin was more effective? The empty block in the Northam/Itchen corner was covered with a black tarpaulin. When Coventry took the lead there fans pushed through the stewards who were there and we able to run across the tarpaulin to get to the Saints fans.

Dirk's spot on with this. The black netting was only about 5/6 seats wide and very easy to plough through. If it wasn't for the nomansland of empty seats after that, those Coventry plums would never have gone over the top of it.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Things I Noticed Yesterday on 11:36 - Feb 8 with 649 viewsdirk_doone

Things I Noticed Yesterday on 11:32 - Feb 8 by Buggalugs

Dirk's spot on with this. The black netting was only about 5/6 seats wide and very easy to plough through. If it wasn't for the nomansland of empty seats after that, those Coventry plums would never have gone over the top of it.

It's probably best to ignore him. He just automatically disagrees with everything Nick and I say. I don't think he even goes to games.

[Post edited 8 Feb 2022 11:37]

Things I Noticed Yesterday on 13:36 - Feb 8 with 581 viewssaints__fan__73

Things I Noticed Yesterday on 11:36 - Feb 8 by dirk_doone

It's probably best to ignore him. He just automatically disagrees with everything Nick and I say. I don't think he even goes to games.

[Post edited 8 Feb 2022 11:37]

I'm happy to agree with you on the rare occasions you aren't spouting shite (i.e. saying McCarthy isn't a good keeper and he costs us points)

The problem is most of the opinions you hold are hilariously rubbish. (Lallana is World class, Calum Chambers is the next Bobby Moore, Everyone fills their car up to the max with petrol every time they go to a petrol station, Brexit is the cause of everything bad, up to and including fans booing national anthems (which they've done since the 80s) which has caused us not to be able to host the World Cup, etc, etc, etc.

I'm sure you're a harmless old man but you do seem barking mad. :)
[Post edited 8 Feb 2022 13:36]

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Things I Noticed Yesterday on 16:40 - Feb 8 with 515 viewsPoirot

I’m interested to hear if the local safety group in the early days capped the away fans or the club thought additionally they would lose vocal support. Several years back there was complaints from fans of clubs to the FA because they didn’t get 15%
Things I Noticed Yesterday on 20:14 - Feb 8 with 430 viewshedgeend61

Things I Noticed Yesterday on 16:40 - Feb 8 by Poirot

I’m interested to hear if the local safety group in the early days capped the away fans or the club thought additionally they would lose vocal support. Several years back there was complaints from fans of clubs to the FA because they didn’t get 15%

Away teams have always had the option of 3200 PL games (10%), or 4800 Cup games (15%)
at St Mary's if they want that many, many don't take that big an allocation.

Going back to the 70-80's, I'm sure the allocation for Cup games for away fans was 25%, though I may be making that up.
Things I Noticed Yesterday on 20:39 - Feb 8 with 400 viewsPoirot

So a little update, i said about the safety advisory group and there still seems to be something like this is still in operation. Ive spoken to someone within the SMS walls and they stated that its a combination of Police and club safety not wanting coventry fans in block 47 and 48. There of course was issues with cov fans on the netting which the police are directly behind in their cctv.

So its a dip up between that changing and some Saints fans being allowed in block 40 i guess.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024