Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another manager could get so much more from them 21:44 - Feb 9 with 7699 viewsSaintsforeverj

I said Ralph would thrive under the new owners. Just watch that man on the.pitch after game - passionate, emotional and wonderful.

And with the lowest net spend? Can the Ralph doubters see it yet?
[Post edited 9 Feb 2022 21:46]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Another manager could get so much more from them on 07:37 - Feb 11 with 1245 viewssaint68

Lose to Norwich and he'll be back on the shit manager list again.

The recent run of playing players in their correct position has been rewarding..that has been one of his most frequently frowned upon decisions, and that was broadly due to injuries and not his decision making.

And you always feel another embarrassing heavy defeat is just around the corner. .

A scintillating away win at Spurs doesn't detract from the ever present fear he'll go on another record breaking run of defeats and the occasional pummelling.

Last Saturday we could of been buried by halftime...that was luck..not judgement.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Another manager could get so much more from them on 08:52 - Feb 11 with 1182 viewsthissceptredsaint

Yes the continued lack of chance conversion is worrying, no I don't feel we will get another mega defeat anymore. All this black box stuff over sticking players in their correct position is a bit ott. It's not hard. You have to give Ralph his due though. If we are getting results even when we are playing poorly then he is doing something right. Against Spurs we were very good btw. Has Ralph made me proud to support this club? Yes. And yes the way we rubbed the so called big boys noses in it reminded me of the Lawrie and Nichol eras.
Another manager could get so much more from them on 10:36 - Feb 11 with 1119 viewsSadoldgit

You can blame the manager for many things, but not putting the ball away or putting it in the back of your own net are down to errors by the players. It would bother me more if we were not creating chances but we do. I suspect that the majority of Saints fans are very happy with the job Ralph had been doing here in the last 3 years. Certainly I hear nothing but praise about him from non Saints in the media. There aren’t many managers of his quality who would stay as long in a club with such low resources when it comes to expenditure on players. When he finally leaves us we will be in a much better place than when he joined, which is all you can ask of any manager.
Another manager could get so much more from them on 10:44 - Feb 11 with 1112 viewsButty101

You can mark his standing in the game by the fact in 3 years, no club has tried to poach him. In that time plenty of the top teams and the middle ones have changed manager (some more than once).

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Another manager could get so much more from them on 11:11 - Feb 11 with 1101 viewsallsaint

Another manager could get so much more from them on 10:44 - Feb 11 by Butty101

You can mark his standing in the game by the fact in 3 years, no club has tried to poach him. In that time plenty of the top teams and the middle ones have changed manager (some more than once).

How do we know that no club has tried to poach him?

The meat’s the same, the gravy’s different

Another manager could get so much more from them on 12:00 - Feb 11 with 1075 viewsthissceptredsaint

Exactly, we don't know. If I'd got a te as financially constrained as saints to the top of the league no matter for how long he would at least be on my list. How far ups another matter.

You are right about creating chances being a positive but he is there to organise coaching and the missed chances have been noticed by pundits and fans alike
Watching it on motd, it was noticed though how chances were created throughout the team. We aren't reliant on one or two players to cause grief. That is a good thing,
Another manager could get so much more from them on 14:53 - Feb 11 with 1010 viewsSadoldgit

Another manager could get so much more from them on 11:11 - Feb 11 by allsaint

How do we know that no club has tried to poach him?

Exactly. And perhaps the word is out there that he isn’t going anywhere so people don’t bother. But we don’t know what goes on behind closed doors and just because it isn’t all over the media doesn’t mean it hasn’t happened. His name was linked (in speculation) to lots of jobs when we were top of the league and having a good run.
Another manager could get so much more from them on 15:21 - Feb 11 with 1001 viewsChesham_Saint

Another manager could get so much more from them on 14:53 - Feb 11 by Sadoldgit

Exactly. And perhaps the word is out there that he isn’t going anywhere so people don’t bother. But we don’t know what goes on behind closed doors and just because it isn’t all over the media doesn’t mean it hasn’t happened. His name was linked (in speculation) to lots of jobs when we were top of the league and having a good run.

Noted Toffs. Also, despite some significant ups and downs we seem to be on the right trajectory now and continuity counts for a hell of a lot.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Login to get fewer ads

Another manager could get so much more from them on 15:37 - Feb 11 with 979 viewsButty101

If the club were approached for his services you would know about it. Lets be honest saints never say no when someone wants to leave.

Another manager could get so much more from them on 16:52 - Feb 11 with 942 viewsElijahK

Another manager could get so much more from them on 22:59 - Feb 9 by Butty101

Not even top 6 - he needs to get us to a cupfinal
Lawire,
Bates
Koeman
Poch
Strachan
Puel

Dunno about Puel as his points tally for that season wasn’t actually that good, and his tactics were just soo boring, as other than the EFL Cup (which even then we didn’t win the end), he really didn’t do that much whatsoever with us.

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Another manager could get so much more from them on 16:57 - Feb 11 with 939 viewsElijahK

Another manager could get so much more from them on 10:44 - Feb 11 by Butty101

Yes and many of those teams have done soo very poorly for what they’ve got in their teams, as well as the funds they receive to change that

Another manager could get so much more from them on 16:59 - Feb 11 with 935 viewsElijahK

Another manager could get so much more from them on 15:37 - Feb 11 by Butty101

If the club were approached for his services you would know about it. Lets be honest saints never say no when someone wants to leave.

Ok but it’s only through this fan page that most people knew about the saints takeover just before in happened, as before someone I go to games with posted about it I on here, there was absolutely nothing whatsoever getting said about it, and look what happened next

Another manager could get so much more from them on 14:58 - Feb 12 with 841 viewsSaintsforeverj

5 points from Man City at home, Spurs and Man U away. Not many seasons in which we could say that. Man U, Man City and Spurs all unable to beat Ralph's Southampton this year, home and away. Excellent return and another great performance today. Forster really showing why he needs a new contact.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2022 15:01]

Another manager could get so much more from them on 16:41 - Feb 12 with 776 viewsSadoldgit

Whether top clubs are interested in him or not, it doesn’t really matter. He is a very good manager and by all accounts he will be seeing out his contract. Very happy with that.
Another manager could get so much more from them on 16:48 - Feb 12 with 765 viewsButty101

Another manager could get so much more from them on 14:58 - Feb 12 by Saintsforeverj

5 points from Man City at home, Spurs and Man U away. Not many seasons in which we could say that. Man U, Man City and Spurs all unable to beat Ralph's Southampton this year, home and away. Excellent return and another great performance today. Forster really showing why he needs a new contact.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2022 15:01]

So when Forster looked the best bet at the beginning of the season,why did Ralph start with McCarthy? On preseason form everyone was screaming for Forster! Similarly why play KWP at left back! It’s funny how playing our strongest 11 has resulted in an upturn in results

Another manager could get so much more from them on 17:11 - Feb 12 with 752 viewsSaintsforeverj

Another manager could get so much more from them on 16:48 - Feb 12 by Butty101

So when Forster looked the best bet at the beginning of the season,why did Ralph start with McCarthy? On preseason form everyone was screaming for Forster! Similarly why play KWP at left back! It’s funny how playing our strongest 11 has resulted in an upturn in results

I'm certainly not saying Ralph hasn't made any mistakes. But he has learnt from them and has now created a very strong team (with a lowest net spend). Lots of managers make mistakes (even with hundreds of millions to.spend) but as I said, it's a long time since I have Saints gets so many points from Man U, Man City, Spurs, in one season and it's a long time since I have seen Saints battle as hard as they are. Ralph is clearly getting it right and I would bet with you the bad results of the past, are long gone. Under new supportive ownership, Ralph will thrive. Are you not happy with 7 points from Man City.(twice), Man U and Spurs? You think another manager would have got 9 points in those 3 games? Maybe you could just enjoy the excellent results we are getting and give some credit where it's due and accept the possibility that Ralph is the man to lead Saints going forward.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2022 17:20]

Another manager could get so much more from them on 17:35 - Feb 12 with 728 viewsButty101

Another manager could get so much more from them on 17:11 - Feb 12 by Saintsforeverj

I'm certainly not saying Ralph hasn't made any mistakes. But he has learnt from them and has now created a very strong team (with a lowest net spend). Lots of managers make mistakes (even with hundreds of millions to.spend) but as I said, it's a long time since I have Saints gets so many points from Man U, Man City, Spurs, in one season and it's a long time since I have seen Saints battle as hard as they are. Ralph is clearly getting it right and I would bet with you the bad results of the past, are long gone. Under new supportive ownership, Ralph will thrive. Are you not happy with 7 points from Man City.(twice), Man U and Spurs? You think another manager would have got 9 points in those 3 games? Maybe you could just enjoy the excellent results we are getting and give some credit where it's due and accept the possibility that Ralph is the man to lead Saints going forward.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2022 17:20]

I don’t get the cult of Ralph sorry.

The one thing that has changed since the start of the season is that we can go for 90mins!

You keep going on about net spend but we have the 12th biggest spend on wages! So when villa play their game in hands we will be 11th, one above par.

Another manager could get so much more from them on 17:38 - Feb 12 with 727 viewsSaintsforeverj

Another manager could get so much more from them on 17:35 - Feb 12 by Butty101

I don’t get the cult of Ralph sorry.

The one thing that has changed since the start of the season is that we can go for 90mins!

You keep going on about net spend but we have the 12th biggest spend on wages! So when villa play their game in hands we will be 11th, one above par.

Well if you aren't happy with the way Saints are playing and the results we are getting and the passion shown by the team and the manager, then what can I say, ok. Protest at the ground and demand the manager be sacked because the results arnt good enough for you. See who joins.in. you are either on a wind up or you support Portsmouth.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2022 17:42]

Another manager could get so much more from them on 17:50 - Feb 12 with 719 viewsButty101

Another manager could get so much more from them on 17:38 - Feb 12 by Saintsforeverj

Well if you aren't happy with the way Saints are playing and the results we are getting and the passion shown by the team and the manager, then what can I say, ok. Protest at the ground and demand the manager be sacked because the results arnt good enough for you. See who joins.in. you are either on a wind up or you support Portsmouth.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2022 17:42]

Who said I didn’t enjoy the results.
You created a thread that i disagreed with your view point. If you can’t defend your statement don’t make a thread if you are going to get upset

Another manager could get so much more from them on 17:51 - Feb 12 with 717 viewsSaintsforeverj

Another manager could get so much more from them on 17:50 - Feb 12 by Butty101

Who said I didn’t enjoy the results.
You created a thread that i disagreed with your view point. If you can’t defend your statement don’t make a thread if you are going to get upset

So you enjoy the fantastic results under this manager, but don't like the manager, that these great results are happening under, is that your view?
[Post edited 12 Feb 2022 17:55]

Another manager could get so much more from them on 17:54 - Feb 12 with 710 viewsButty101

Another manager could get so much more from them on 17:51 - Feb 12 by Saintsforeverj

So you enjoy the fantastic results under this manager, but don't like the manager, that these great results are happening under, is that your view?
[Post edited 12 Feb 2022 17:55]

Fella you are getting a bit weird.

Read my original post . Ralph’s a hot and cold manager we have these runs. But in 3years he hasn’t got us a single digit Finish. Ron managed 2 in 2

Another manager could get so much more from them on 18:03 - Feb 12 with 703 viewsSaintsforeverj

Another manager could get so much more from them on 17:54 - Feb 12 by Butty101

Read my original post . Ralph’s a hot and cold manager we have these runs. But in 3years he hasn’t got us a single digit Finish. Ron managed 2 in 2

I will tell you what's weird. After having been with ecstatic Saints fans at Old Trafford today and after beating Spurs away, 10th in the league, every Saints fan is delighted apart from you it seems.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2022 18:09]

Another manager could get so much more from them on 18:11 - Feb 12 with 694 viewsSouthamptonfan

Another manager could get so much more from them on 17:54 - Feb 12 by Butty101

I'm f@cking loving watching Saints get loads of points off the c@nts at the top. Ralph is a f@cking legend if you ask me.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Another manager could get so much more from them on 18:15 - Feb 12 with 687 viewsButty101

Another manager could get so much more from them on 18:11 - Feb 12 by Southamptonfan

I'm f@cking loving watching Saints get loads of points off the c@nts at the top. Ralph is a f@cking legend if you ask me.

If he wins something then yeah legend!

But history suggests we will soon be on a long losing streak

Another manager could get so much more from them on 18:19 - Feb 12 with 672 viewsSouthamptonfan

Another manager could get so much more from them on 18:15 - Feb 12 by Butty101

If he wins something then yeah legend!

But history suggests we will soon be on a long losing streak

We beat the Skates 4 f@ckinh nil, we beat Spurs and made them look like c@nts, who I hate, we stopped Man City and Man u, who I also hate so if we lose to Norwich I couldn't care f@cking less. He is doing a good f@cking job.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024