Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another manager could get so much more from them 21:44 - Feb 9 with 7697 viewsSaintsforeverj

I said Ralph would thrive under the new owners. Just watch that man on the.pitch after game - passionate, emotional and wonderful.

And with the lowest net spend? Can the Ralph doubters see it yet?
[Post edited 9 Feb 2022 21:46]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Another manager could get so much more from them on 18:22 - Feb 12 with 1148 viewssaintwizzler

Another manager could get so much more from them on 18:19 - Feb 12 by Southamptonfan

We beat the Skates 4 f@ckinh nil, we beat Spurs and made them look like c@nts, who I hate, we stopped Man City and Man u, who I also hate so if we lose to Norwich I couldn't care f@cking less. He is doing a good f@cking job.

F@ck yeah

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Another manager could get so much more from them on 18:36 - Feb 12 with 1113 viewsButty101

Another manager could get so much more from them on 18:03 - Feb 12 by Saintsforeverj

I will tell you what's weird. After having been with ecstatic Saints fans at Old Trafford today and after beating Spurs away, 10th in the league, every Saints fan is delighted apart from you it seems.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2022 18:09]

I don’t get where you think I’m not happy with the recent results. Recent being the key word!
Where was this thread in the whole 2021 when we took 20odd points from 38 games?

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Another manager could get so much more from them on 19:13 - Feb 12 with 1093 viewsSaintsforeverj

Another manager could get so much more from them on 18:36 - Feb 12 by Butty101

I don’t get where you think I’m not happy with the recent results. Recent being the key word!
Where was this thread in the whole 2021 when we took 20odd points from 38 games?

If you are happy with recent results, you must have a little bit of credit for the manager who has helped produce them? I assume you agree that it's Ralph's team he has built, that is getting the results you are happy with? In 2021, we had Ings causing trouble in the squad, a terrible owner who was providing no future or hope and a sell to buy policy. Those things had an impact on the team regardless who was manager. You think a club with no money to spend and thread bare squad isn't going to get bad results? But let's just leave it as this - I and every Saints fan I speak to, 3000 fans singing his name today and other fans think he is an excellent manager. You think he should be replaced at a time when he is getting superb results, everyone is ecstatic and happy and has been through the hard part, having learnt from any mistakes. Ok well you are entitled to your opinion.

[Post edited 12 Feb 2022 19:44]

Another manager could get so much more from them on 20:42 - Feb 12 with 1038 viewsButty101

Another manager could get so much more from them on 19:13 - Feb 12 by Saintsforeverj

If you are happy with recent results, you must have a little bit of credit for the manager who has helped produce them? I assume you agree that it's Ralph's team he has built, that is getting the results you are happy with? In 2021, we had Ings causing trouble in the squad, a terrible owner who was providing no future or hope and a sell to buy policy. Those things had an impact on the team regardless who was manager. You think a club with no money to spend and thread bare squad isn't going to get bad results? But let's just leave it as this - I and every Saints fan I speak to, 3000 fans singing his name today and other fans think he is an excellent manager. You think he should be replaced at a time when he is getting superb results, everyone is ecstatic and happy and has been through the hard part, having learnt from any mistakes. Ok well you are entitled to your opinion.

[Post edited 12 Feb 2022 19:44]

So again where was this thread in 2021, you are just basically giving an opinion and it has no substance at all. Ralph wanted a small squad and it came back to bite him. His tactics burnt out his small squad then he loaned players leaving the squad threadbare when injuries bit.
This team you claim he built was largely already here before he arrived. Forester, bednerek, Jwp, Romeu, Armstrong, Elyounoussi plus Ings , Bertrand and Soares. Half the players mentioned were frozen out

Another manager could get so much more from them on 07:50 - Feb 13 with 975 viewssaintwizzler

Another manager could get so much more from them on 20:42 - Feb 12 by Butty101

So again where was this thread in 2021, you are just basically giving an opinion and it has no substance at all. Ralph wanted a small squad and it came back to bite him. His tactics burnt out his small squad then he loaned players leaving the squad threadbare when injuries bit.
This team you claim he built was largely already here before he arrived. Forester, bednerek, Jwp, Romeu, Armstrong, Elyounoussi plus Ings , Bertrand and Soares. Half the players mentioned were frozen out

Careful, you’ll be branded a troll or maybe even a dinosaur asking questions like that!!

Another manager could get so much more from them on 08:01 - Feb 13 with 972 viewscocklebreath

Another manager could get so much more from them on 07:50 - Feb 13 by saintwizzler

Careful, you’ll be branded a troll or maybe even a dinosaur asking questions like that!!

Whingey whizzer keeping our feet on the ground

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Another manager could get so much more from them on 09:55 - Feb 13 with 921 viewssaintwizzler

Another manager could get so much more from them on 08:01 - Feb 13 by cocklebreath

Whingey whizzer keeping our feet on the ground

Not at all.
Credit where credits due.
The manager picked the correct team in the last two games and we came away with 4 great points.
Long may it continue.

Another manager could get so much more from them on 11:06 - Feb 13 with 900 viewsSaintsforeverj

Another manager could get so much more from them on 09:55 - Feb 13 by saintwizzler

Not at all.
Credit where credits due.
The manager picked the correct team in the last two games and we came away with 4 great points.
Long may it continue.

You have given credit where it's due, so fair play for that. The other thread today, also demonstrates that despite Man U's squad being worth nearly a billion pounds, full of quality players, the Saints players try harder, and that's because our manager inspires our team more than their manager does his team. And that's why we could get a lot worse (i.e. a manager that doesn't get our players working so hard, as was shown on MOTD last night).

Other managers may pick "correct team" as you put it, but those correct players aren't giving their all! I assume picking Ronaldo is picking "the correct team"? But he missed a sitter and didn't work very hard. The Man U manager started playing Pogba up front yesterday, because his natural strikers were missing sitters. That's where you get managers trying other things, out of desperation, even when they have the most expensive players in the world. It doesn't just happen here. Ralph has been through the process now, and now has a settled team that gives it all and it's working. Let Ralph continue and let's enjoy the results. Watford are the clear example of how sacking managers isn't the way to go.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2022 11:13]

Login to get fewer ads

Another manager could get so much more from them on 11:13 - Feb 13 with 890 viewsBerber

Another manager could get so much more from them on 11:06 - Feb 13 by Saintsforeverj

You have given credit where it's due, so fair play for that. The other thread today, also demonstrates that despite Man U's squad being worth nearly a billion pounds, full of quality players, the Saints players try harder, and that's because our manager inspires our team more than their manager does his team. And that's why we could get a lot worse (i.e. a manager that doesn't get our players working so hard, as was shown on MOTD last night).

Other managers may pick "correct team" as you put it, but those correct players aren't giving their all! I assume picking Ronaldo is picking "the correct team"? But he missed a sitter and didn't work very hard. The Man U manager started playing Pogba up front yesterday, because his natural strikers were missing sitters. That's where you get managers trying other things, out of desperation, even when they have the most expensive players in the world. It doesn't just happen here. Ralph has been through the process now, and now has a settled team that gives it all and it's working. Let Ralph continue and let's enjoy the results. Watford are the clear example of how sacking managers isn't the way to go.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2022 11:13]

I like the way the team set about their game since RH arrived. It is great when it is going well. Let's see how long the good run lasts, and what happens when it stops. He has had plenty of time now to get his philosophy across, and he now has a big enough squad, and also good enough that Djennepo is no longer a first pick. Getting thrashed 5-0 or more isn't acceptable any more.
Another manager could get so much more from them on 11:21 - Feb 13 with 877 viewsSaintsforeverj

Another manager could get so much more from them on 11:13 - Feb 13 by Berber

I like the way the team set about their game since RH arrived. It is great when it is going well. Let's see how long the good run lasts, and what happens when it stops. He has had plenty of time now to get his philosophy across, and he now has a big enough squad, and also good enough that Djennepo is no longer a first pick. Getting thrashed 5-0 or more isn't acceptable any more.

But that's the point. Being given time, and sticking with him, is now proving correct. Ralph made a few mistakes, as all the managers do, but he has always had it in him to succeed, as he is proving. It's all coming together now on the pitch and in the boardroom. Had we not stuck with him, we could be Watford right now.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2022 11:24]

Another manager could get so much more from them on 11:28 - Feb 13 with 872 viewsButty101

Forster , Ralph has virtually ignored for 3 seasons and only picking him now due to injuries.
Ralph didn’t fancy Romeu and he was about to leave when Hjoberg said he was off.
Elyounoussi Was loaned out for 2 seasons what a waste. Makes you wonder if he could of sorted Hoedt out for example rather than just bombing him out.
So yes things are good at the moment and the football is a bit more direct and not going up the wing and back to the defence.

So a bit by hook or crook and playing people in the right positions we are now playing well. Imagine where we would be now if he had done that at the start of the season

Another manager could get so much more from them on 11:37 - Feb 13 with 861 viewssaintwizzler

Another manager could get so much more from them on 11:13 - Feb 13 by Berber

Stop whingeing, that’s my job! 😘

Another manager could get so much more from them on 11:42 - Feb 13 with 857 viewsSaintsforeverj

Another manager could get so much more from them on 11:28 - Feb 13 by Butty101

Forster , Ralph has virtually ignored for 3 seasons and only picking him now due to injuries.
Ralph didn’t fancy Romeu and he was about to leave when Hjoberg said he was off.
Elyounoussi Was loaned out for 2 seasons what a waste. Makes you wonder if he could of sorted Hoedt out for example rather than just bombing him out.
So yes things are good at the moment and the football is a bit more direct and not going up the wing and back to the defence.

So a bit by hook or crook and playing people in the right positions we are now playing well. Imagine where we would be now if he had done that at the start of the season

I take your points but it's "a process" that has worked. Elyounoussi gained a lot of confidence from his loan, scoring goals and getting assists in an easier league. The loan could have been the making of him and we are now gaining the benefits. He was useless under Hughes, so I think the loan was a good move. He has come back a much better player. Romeu is better than Hjoberg yes, but it takes time for managers to see it but Ralph is under no doubts now. Forster has been excellent, but again, maybe because he wasn't first choice, he is now playing out of his skin to keep his place. All good for us now if that's the case.

Ralph has also developed players that other managers couldn't. Ward-Prowse is now world class. He sometimes wasn't even playing under previous managers. Ings was poor under Hughes, but came good with Ralph. Adams is improving, the defence is much better. Ralph has been given the time to work through everything, he took over a mess, and now it's all coming together. Let him get on with it, I say.

Another manager could get so much more from them on 11:48 - Feb 13 with 853 viewssaintwizzler

Another manager could get so much more from them on 11:42 - Feb 13 by Saintsforeverj

I take your points but it's "a process" that has worked. Elyounoussi gained a lot of confidence from his loan, scoring goals and getting assists in an easier league. The loan could have been the making of him and we are now gaining the benefits. He was useless under Hughes, so I think the loan was a good move. He has come back a much better player. Romeu is better than Hjoberg yes, but it takes time for managers to see it but Ralph is under no doubts now. Forster has been excellent, but again, maybe because he wasn't first choice, he is now playing out of his skin to keep his place. All good for us now if that's the case.

Ralph has also developed players that other managers couldn't. Ward-Prowse is now world class. He sometimes wasn't even playing under previous managers. Ings was poor under Hughes, but came good with Ralph. Adams is improving, the defence is much better. Ralph has been given the time to work through everything, he took over a mess, and now it's all coming together. Let him get on with it, I say.

I agree with what you are saying.
Trouble is with Hassenhüttl he does some baffling things.
Norwich away for example.
Traveling back from there with a load of Norwich fans on the train celebrating like they won the league.
That still grates me.

Yes, other mangers May do baffling things but I couldn’t give a toss about them.

Another manager could get so much more from them on 12:07 - Feb 13 with 838 viewsTripleNiemi

Another manager could get so much more from them on 11:48 - Feb 13 by saintwizzler

Traveling back from there with a load of Norwich fans on the train celebrating like they won the league.
That still grates me.

Yes, other mangers May do baffling things but I couldn’t give a toss about them.

Whingey Wizzer...........

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Another manager could get so much more from them on 12:10 - Feb 13 with 837 viewsSaintsforeverj

Another manager could get so much more from them on 11:48 - Feb 13 by saintwizzler

That still grates me.

You can't win them all though. Man U didn't beat Burnley and they are bottom of the league. Bad results happen. Lots of results still grate with me. Losing to league 1 sheff utd in the cup quarter final when Koeman was manager. What a chance that was to win a cup when we had Mane, VD, and Pelle and co. Losing to Sunderland in the cup quarter final when Poch was manager, when reserves were played. Going out of Europe so tamely when Puel played reserves in our biggest ever game at the San Siro when fans had paid hundreds of pounds to be there. Losing to Tranmere 4 3, with an ex England manager Hoddle in charge. It won't matter who is manager, it will still happen. At least under Ralph, we have some cracking results and things are getting better and better.

Just watching the sky match playback. Ralph finished second with Leipzig and was highly successful. I think it's worth giving Ralph some proper resources in the summer, and letting him continue with the good work. You never know what he could achieve with these new owners and proper backing. Unfortunately, the pundits all saying Ralph would be a great fit for Man U.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2022 12:14]

Another manager could get so much more from them on 12:25 - Feb 13 with 818 viewsCity_boy

Another manager could get so much more from them on 12:10 - Feb 13 by Saintsforeverj

You can't win them all though. Man U didn't beat Burnley and they are bottom of the league. Bad results happen. Lots of results still grate with me. Losing to league 1 sheff utd in the cup quarter final when Koeman was manager. What a chance that was to win a cup when we had Mane, VD, and Pelle and co. Losing to Sunderland in the cup quarter final when Poch was manager, when reserves were played. Going out of Europe so tamely when Puel played reserves in our biggest ever game at the San Siro when fans had paid hundreds of pounds to be there. Losing to Tranmere 4 3, with an ex England manager Hoddle in charge. It won't matter who is manager, it will still happen. At least under Ralph, we have some cracking results and things are getting better and better.

Just watching the sky match playback. Ralph finished second with Leipzig and was highly successful. I think it's worth giving Ralph some proper resources in the summer, and letting him continue with the good work. You never know what he could achieve with these new owners and proper backing. Unfortunately, the pundits all saying Ralph would be a great fit for Man U.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2022 12:14]

I am not sure Ralf would be good for Man U or have any more success than all the other managers since Fergie.. Most of them are probably not interested in winning things. Money and the celebrity trappings seem more important. Sometimes, they just look at if they couldn't give a s**t.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2022 12:26]
Another manager could get so much more from them on 12:46 - Feb 13 with 800 viewsSadoldgit

That still grates me.

It’s easy to focus on occasions when things go wrong. Try looking at the bigger picture. Since Ralph had been here we have improved as a club overall. We play better football generally and have not been in a relegation battle. We don’t spend a fortunate on players but can still compete with the best. I really don’t see the problem. Only once in my (long) lifetime have a team gone a whole season without being beaten. On any given day any team can beat another so unless the team is getting hammered every week, which has not happened under Ralph, why worry? The man is clearly trying to get the best out of limited resources and some of the things don’t come off. One the one hand he has been called stubborn and too set in his ways and on the other criticised for doing something different? If losing a game to Norwich ends up with us beating Spurs away and nearly beating United at Old Trafford, I’ll take it.
Another manager could get so much more from them on 13:06 - Feb 13 with 793 viewsSaintsforeverj

And from former ex players on Sky "Man U have a sporting director. Southampton have a proper coach who has developed a well drilled team. Every player knows what they are doing. They know when to press together, they know when to drop off."

We are lucky to have such an outstanding manager.

Another manager could get so much more from them on 14:11 - Feb 13 with 758 viewssaintwizzler

Another manager could get so much more from them on 12:07 - Feb 13 by TripleNiemi

Whingey Wizzer...........

Zip it sunshine.

Another manager could get so much more from them on 14:27 - Feb 13 with 743 viewsChesham_Saint

Another manager could get so much more from them on 11:28 - Feb 13 by Butty101

Lots of managers do that. Take old Saddlechops Redknapp. He was about to offload Bale as he'd not done much at Spurs until he was forced to play him through injuries and then (surprise surprise) tried to claim the glory when Bale came good.

Likewise at Spurs with Kane, weren't they about to ship him out when he suddenly started smacking them in from all over the place?

And what about Chelsea? Lukaku and De Bruyne were both sidelined there and look what happened to them.

In other words, it happens to a lot of other clubs too...
[Post edited 13 Feb 2022 15:04]

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Another manager could get so much more from them on 14:37 - Feb 13 with 735 viewsSaintsforeverj

Another manager could get so much more from them on 14:27 - Feb 13 by Chesham_Saint

Lots of managers do that. Take old Saddlechops Redknapp. He was about to offload Bale as he'd not done much at Spurs until he was forced to play him through injuries and then (surprise surprise) tried to claim the glory when Bale came good.

Likewise at Spurs with Kane, weren't they about to ship him out when he suddenly started smacking them in from all over the place?

And what about Chelsea? Lukaku and De Bruyne were both sidelined there and look what happened to them.

In other words, it happens to a lot of other clubs too...
[Post edited 13 Feb 2022 15:04]

Nope it's only Ralph who isn't perfect. He's perfect now but wasn't in the past, so he needs to be shipped out for his sins. Well, according to 0.001% of the fanbase.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2022 14:38]

Another manager could get so much more from them on 14:44 - Feb 13 with 724 viewsButty101

Another manager could get so much more from them on 14:37 - Feb 13 by Saintsforeverj

Nope it's only Ralph who isn't perfect. He's perfect now but wasn't in the past, so he needs to be shipped out for his sins. Well, according to 0.001% of the fanbase.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2022 14:38]

The Wolves manager seems to be able to get a better result at Spurs, which shows another manager could get as much ! Let’s be honest the wolves manager was unheard of when they took him on 6months ago and he has spent nothing

Another manager could get so much more from them on 14:46 - Feb 13 with 722 viewsSaintsforeverj

Another manager could get so much more from them on 14:44 - Feb 13 by Butty101

The Wolves manager seems to be able to get a better result at Spurs, which shows another manager could get as much ! Let’s be honest the wolves manager was unheard of when they took him on 6months ago and he has spent nothing

Yes, he is doing an excellent job there. Shame about Conte, who is supposedly a top manager.

Another manager could get so much more from them on 15:08 - Feb 13 with 706 viewsChesham_Saint

Another manager could get so much more from them on 14:44 - Feb 13 by Butty101

Ok, which managers? And how much would they cost? And how can you be sure they’d be soooooo much better than Ralph?

Besides, we softened the NLY up for Wolves and they’re merely standing on Saints’ shoulders…

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024