Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match day thread 12:00 - Feb 12 with 3903 viewskingslandstand1

I see BT Sport are doing their best to sell Ralph to Utd already!
Match day thread on 21:12 - Feb 12 with 797 views1teeminants

Match day thread on 14:52 - Feb 12 by kingslandstand1

Our change in form and results have come since Forster has been back in between the sticks

Yep completely agree. Those that preferred McCarthy are looking a bit foolish right now and rightly so .

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Match day thread on 21:19 - Feb 12 with 776 views1teeminants

Match day thread on 15:34 - Feb 12 by A1079

What an excellent week with our team. A win against Coventry (yes, it wasn't straight forward but we dug in and dug out a result), Spurs of course - fantastic and today, yes, perhaps did not have all the bells and whistles of Wednesday but a great point less than 72 hours from Wednesday.

I hate the way all the pundits all over the place trying to rip our team up and insisting that they need to go to top 4 clubs to be really judged. What is it, that somehow you can only be any good if you play for certain clubs and why shouldn't clubs like ours have ambition?

Yes I agree. Can anybody explain to me why it is that when Saints start to do well they try and sell all our players yet they don’t question why Rice is still at West Ham, Zaha is still at Palace, Kane is still at Spurs etc etc why do they always pick on Saints ?

Match day thread on 21:28 - Feb 12 with 749 viewsSaintsforeverj

Match day thread on 21:19 - Feb 12 by 1teeminants

Yes I agree. Can anybody explain to me why it is that when Saints start to do well they try and sell all our players yet they don’t question why Rice is still at West Ham, Zaha is still at Palace, Kane is still at Spurs etc etc why do they always pick on Saints ?

It's almost as if they think Saints have players which are too good for us, so they try to get them sold off. Plus, our results at Spurs, Man U, Man City, makes them think our players are brilliant and need to be playing at a top 4 club I suppose.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Match day thread on 21:53 - Feb 12 with 708 views1teeminants

Match day thread on 21:28 - Feb 12 by Saintsforeverj

It's almost as if they think Saints have players which are too good for us, so they try to get them sold off. Plus, our results at Spurs, Man U, Man City, makes them think our players are brilliant and need to be playing at a top 4 club I suppose.

It’s year in year out. Its like we are so insignificant we don’t deserve anything . It’s so f**cking annoying and I don’t get it. You would understand if we were as small as some team like Burnley or similar but we are IMO a medium sized club with a decent stadium , good fan base , large catchment area with the potential to do a Leicester with the right investment. I just don’t get it why they always pick on Saints.

Match day thread on 21:57 - Feb 12 with 700 viewsBicester_North

Match day thread on 21:53 - Feb 12 by 1teeminants

It’s year in year out. Its like we are so insignificant we don’t deserve anything . It’s so f**cking annoying and I don’t get it. You would understand if we were as small as some team like Burnley or similar but we are IMO a medium sized club with a decent stadium , good fan base , large catchment area with the potential to do a Leicester with the right investment. I just don’t get it why they always pick on Saints.

Maybe because of the track record of selling players as soon as a good offer comes in as we’ve never had any real money.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Match day thread on 21:58 - Feb 12 with 696 viewsElijahK

Btw has anyone heard anything about why Bednerak was taken off at halftime, as it was almost certainly injury related, but for how bad the injury was, or if it even was one, I’ve heard nothing about whatsoever?…

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Match day thread on 22:00 - Feb 12 with 693 viewsBicester_North

Match day thread on 21:58 - Feb 12 by ElijahK

Btw has anyone heard anything about why Bednerak was taken off at halftime, as it was almost certainly injury related, but for how bad the injury was, or if it even was one, I’ve heard nothing about whatsoever?…

His thigh was bandaged up so they said on commentary

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Match day thread on 22:07 - Feb 12 with 683 views1teeminants

Match day thread on 21:57 - Feb 12 by Bicester_North

Maybe because of the track record of selling players as soon as a good offer comes in as we’ve never had any real money.

Maybe. We’re seen as easy meat because of our track record of selling everyone I think. Hopefully in time our new owners will make a stand and tell them all to do one.

Login to get fewer ads

Match day thread on 22:10 - Feb 12 with 679 viewsdarthvader

Match day thread on 14:51 - Feb 12 by kingslandstand1

Nah, happy with our lot right now

Yeah me too mate for sure, i was being sarky .... the way these cùnts try and pimp out our manager and players winds me up.

keep the faith coyr

Match day thread on 01:14 - Feb 13 with 595 viewsTimSaint

Match day thread on 21:58 - Feb 12 by ElijahK

Straight swap - brought Stephens on to shore up the defence for a second half clean sheet !! :-)

Seriously though, he didn't appear injured at all in the first half, but I guess it had to be, as someone said he had his leg strapped up. Hopefully it was more of a precautionary measure.

DCL and Richarlison up next !!

TimSaint

Match day thread on 14:40 - Feb 13 with 449 viewsChesham_Saint

Match day thread on 21:19 - Feb 12 by 1teeminants

Ah, but they do do that with other clubs, 1team.

After Rice's performance at Kidderminster last weekend, tossers like Thownsend were all over the radio saying he'd do so much better at a bigger club. Always prefaced of course with the meaningless "with all due respect to West Ham" bollox. Not for one moment trying to be creative and think that maybe WHU are trying to build something. Yet more lazy, cliche ridden journalism from an ex-player.

Meanwhile Chelsea's model seems to have evolved into buying, then lending out and then selling on to backfill Ambramovich's cashflow constraints. That model is being forced to close soon so they, like Man U, could find themselves on the wane so why can't a 'West Ham calibre' club step up?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Match day thread on 17:20 - Feb 13 with 412 views1teeminants

Match day thread on 14:40 - Feb 13 by Chesham_Saint

Ah, but they do do that with other clubs, 1team.

After Rice's performance at Kidderminster last weekend, tossers like Thownsend were all over the radio saying he'd do so much better at a bigger club. Always prefaced of course with the meaningless "with all due respect to West Ham" bollox. Not for one moment trying to be creative and think that maybe WHU are trying to build something. Yet more lazy, cliche ridden journalism from an ex-player.

Meanwhile Chelsea's model seems to have evolved into buying, then lending out and then selling on to backfill Ambramovich's cashflow constraints. That model is being forced to close soon so they, like Man U, could find themselves on the wane so why can't a 'West Ham calibre' club step up?

Maybe mate but it just seems they talk about Saints selling to bigger clubs more than most . The new owners have already said they will carry on withThe Southampton way ie look for young talent develop them and maybe sell on but I live in hope that just maybe we can keep some of our star players in the summer which would be nice.We actually have a decent squad now who are gelling nicely .

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024