Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
F a cup 22:29 - Mar 1 with 1413 viewsdarthvader

spurs out! . Middlesborough were really good . Much better than spurs . Well done .

keep the faith coyr

F a cup on 22:34 - Mar 1 with 1379 viewscocklebreath

Now 2 very beatable teams in the quarter finals, come on Ralph go full strength.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

F a cup on 22:39 - Mar 1 with 1368 viewsdirk_doone

F a cup on 22:34 - Mar 1 by cocklebreath

Now 2 very beatable teams in the quarter finals, come on Ralph go full strength.

He has to play our best XI tomorrow night. It is our most important game of the season so far and our best chance of winning a trophy for years. The only potential change that might not weaken the team is in the wing-back position, where he could bring in Perraud but everywhere else any change will mean significantly weakening the team.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

F a cup on 22:44 - Mar 1 with 1355 viewshedgeend61

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=tottenham+get+battered&&view=detail
F a cup on 22:54 - Mar 1 with 1310 viewsdirk_doone

F a cup on 22:44 - Mar 1 by hedgeend61

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=tottenham+get+battered&&view=detail

Dael Fry had Kane and Son in his pocket. What a great central defender he is. I'd love to see him playing for us alongside Salisu.

F a cup on 22:56 - Mar 1 with 1297 viewshedgeend61

F a cup on 22:54 - Mar 1 by dirk_doone

Dael Fry had Kane and Son in his pocket. What a great central defender he is. I'd love to see him playing for us alongside Salisu.

How good was Howson tonight?
F a cup on 23:04 - Mar 1 with 1270 viewsdirk_doone

F a cup on 22:56 - Mar 1 by hedgeend61

He's one of my favourite players. He's always been good but he's never played in a top team - his Premier League years were with Norwich - so he's gone under the radar throughout his career. Even now, at the age of 33, he would be a useful addition to our squad as cover in midfield. That's not going to happen but if Ward-Prowse isn't the winning captain at Wembley this year, I'd like it to be Jonny Howson.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2022 23:08]

F a cup on 23:10 - Mar 1 with 1255 viewsdarthvader

F a cup on 22:56 - Mar 1 by hedgeend61

He was Hawesome

keep the faith coyr

F a cup on 10:39 - Mar 2 with 1034 viewssaint68

F a cup on 23:04 - Mar 1 by dirk_doone

He's one of my favourite players. He's always been good but he's never played in a top team - his Premier League years were with Norwich - so he's gone under the radar throughout his career. Even now, at the age of 33, he would be a useful addition to our squad as cover in midfield. That's not going to happen but if Ward-Prowse isn't the winning captain at Wembley this year, I'd like it to be Jonny Howson.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2022 23:08]

I was listening to Neil Warnock last week talking about how the Middlesbrough defence was far greater than Tottenham's and were strong enough to proceed to the next round..

Fair play to Boro, two difficult opponents dealt with admirably.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Login to get fewer ads

F a cup on 11:45 - Mar 2 with 996 viewsdirk_doone

F a cup on 10:39 - Mar 2 by saint68

I was listening to Neil Warnock last week talking about how the Middlesbrough defence was far greater than Tottenham's and were strong enough to proceed to the next round..

Dael Fry is immense. I first saw how good he was when he played against our Academy as an 18-year-old and I've been banging on about him in every transfer window ever since. My only doubt was whether he'd have the pace for the Premier League but he has shown against Man United and Spurs, who have some of the quickest strikers in the Premier League, that he has.

My top wishes for Saints right now:

We play our best starting XI in what are potentially our 4 remaining FA Cup games this season so that we can win it, starting tonight.

We keep Fraser Forster.

We get rid of McCarthy and Walcott.

We sign Dael Fry.

Next on my wish list would be Andrea Belotti, Ruslan Malinovskyi and David Raya.
[Post edited 2 Mar 2022 11:57]

F a cup on 12:10 - Mar 2 with 951 viewssaints__fan__73

F a cup on 11:45 - Mar 2 by dirk_doone

Dael Fry is immense. I first saw how good he was when he played against our Academy as an 18-year-old and I've been banging on about him in every transfer window ever since. My only doubt was whether he'd have the pace for the Premier League but he has shown against Man United and Spurs, who have some of the quickest strikers in the Premier League, that he has.

My top wishes for Saints right now:

We play our best starting XI in what are potentially our 4 remaining FA Cup games this season so that we can win it, starting tonight.

We keep Fraser Forster.

We get rid of McCarthy and Walcott.

We sign Dael Fry.

Next on my wish list would be Andrea Belotti, Ruslan Malinovskyi and David Raya.
[Post edited 2 Mar 2022 11:57]

Getting rid of Walcott is as likely as signing Mbappe.

He's our 2nd highest wage earner and no way any team would be willing to pay him what we are so we will have to swallow it and let him see out the last year of his deal as a fringe player.

I bet he plays tonight though. Do you honestly think that Ralph won't be making 5 or 6 changes tonight given previous history and what he said at the press conf?

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

F a cup on 12:22 - Mar 2 with 938 viewsdirk_doone

F a cup on 12:10 - Mar 2 by saints__fan__73

Getting rid of Walcott is as likely as signing Mbappe.

He's our 2nd highest wage earner and no way any team would be willing to pay him what we are so we will have to swallow it and let him see out the last year of his deal as a fringe player.

I bet he plays tonight though. Do you honestly think that Ralph won't be making 5 or 6 changes tonight given previous history and what he said at the press conf?

I'm just hoping that he doesn't. The starting XI Ralph put out against Coventry was ridiculously weak and gave us the worst first half performance of the season. It was only the fact that he was able to bring on some first team players from the subs bench that saved us, just, in extra time against a mediocre Championship side. A similar starting XI tonight against West Ham would be suicidal.

F a cup on 12:41 - Mar 2 with 918 viewssaints__fan__73

F a cup on 12:22 - Mar 2 by dirk_doone

I'm just hoping that he doesn't. The starting XI Ralph put out against Coventry was ridiculously weak and gave us the worst first half performance of the season. It was only the fact that he was able to bring on some first team players from the subs bench that saved us, just, in extra time against a mediocre Championship side. A similar starting XI tonight against West Ham would be suicidal.

Maybe. I think we'll make 5 or 6 changes and West Ham will do the same as the PL is more of a concern to them than the FA Cup. (despite what their fans will also think).

According to the media McCarthy has already signed a new deal so we're stuck with him as backup next season and FF will leave. TBH, I think FF wants to leave for a fresh start.

F a cup on 12:42 - Mar 2 with 916 viewsgrumpy

Keep the momentum going, this team are on form, makes little sense to change it.
The FA Cup is our only chance of winning something this season or do we settle for Premiership for mediocrity instead?
F a cup on 13:31 - Mar 2 with 834 viewsTimSaint

F a cup on 10:39 - Mar 2 by saint68

Was Colin W@nker referring to the same Boro defence that conceded 3 away to 3rd bottom Barnsley, just 3 days earlier ? :-)))

Provided we get through tonight, I would happily take a home tie with Boro in the next round, or perhaps home to the winners of Forest v Huddersfield.

Usually I would prefer an away trip to a team that I haven't been to before, but the only team left in the competition that I haven't been to is Boreham Wood. I very much doubt they will progress tomorrow, but stranger things and all that.

I've done my new ground for this season anyway - Newport County !! :-)

TimSaint

F a cup on 13:52 - Mar 2 with 804 viewssaints__fan__73

No issue with 5 or 6 changes as that's just the way with modern football and that the PL takes precedence over all else.

The issue is where the changes are made.

The mistake we made against Cov was changing all of the back 4 +gk so we had a kid not yet ready for this level of game at LB, 2 CBs who are squad players and should never play together, a returning Livermento and a keeper who was unemployed a couple of months back.

We need Perraud/KWP at FBs and Salisu + either Stephens or Jan at CB. I would prefer if we played FF but realise Ralph is thinking that Willy is his cup keeper so will play him if he's fit but he might not be as he was not on the bench on Friday.

Further up the pitch I have no issues with rotation as we have good squad depth now so won't be unhappy if Diallo, the bad Armstrong or even Djenepo or Walcott plays.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024