Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Man City game 21:36 - Mar 3 with 1423 viewskingslandstand1

So will Ralph use the same team picking tactics for that one and get an apology from the press?

Surely not with a semi-final at Wembley at stake, and the slightly more concering fact that we'll be playing the best team in the league at the moment (sorry, can't adit to Lpool actually playing pretty well t the moment ............ )
The Man City game on 09:16 - Mar 4 with 1297 viewsChesham_Saint

I couldn’t make Wednesday’s match,but from what I’ve seen and read we just got away with the 9 changes strategy and West Ham could just as easily have won. It therefore doesn’t seem to have been the stroke of genius from Ralph that some are claiming.

As for Man City next round, if we want to win the FA cup the chances are that we’d have to beat a team of that quality along the way and I’d almost prefer to lose earlier to them at home than have the frankly awful experience of losing at Wembley yet again.

I don’t buy the “ooh, at least it’s a day out at Wembley” bit. Losing a final (even a semi) far outweighs the supposed benefit of a trip to a shitty bit of north London.

Bottom line is that Ralph had better field our strongest possible team against the mancs.

End of rant.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

The Man City game on 09:33 - Mar 4 with 1276 viewskernow

This is a great draw for Saints', bring it on!
The Man City game on 10:05 - Mar 4 with 1254 viewsBuggalugs

The Man City game on 09:16 - Mar 4 by Chesham_Saint

I couldn’t make Wednesday’s match,but from what I’ve seen and read we just got away with the 9 changes strategy and West Ham could just as easily have won. It therefore doesn’t seem to have been the stroke of genius from Ralph that some are claiming.

As for Man City next round, if we want to win the FA cup the chances are that we’d have to beat a team of that quality along the way and I’d almost prefer to lose earlier to them at home than have the frankly awful experience of losing at Wembley yet again.

I don’t buy the “ooh, at least it’s a day out at Wembley” bit. Losing a final (even a semi) far outweighs the supposed benefit of a trip to a shitty bit of north London.

Bottom line is that Ralph had better field our strongest possible team against the mancs.

End of rant.

Thinking about it objectively, I kind of agree with this. Of course it's a tough draw, but we've got the 2nd best home record in all 4 divisions this season, so we are definitely in with a shout of beating them. If we were to get them in the semi's or final, the odds would be a lot less favourable.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

The Man City game on 12:08 - Mar 4 with 1199 viewssaint901

We've got three league games before the quarter final.

If we walk away from those with between 5 (worst case) and 9 (best case) points, we're on either 40 or 44 points and can afford to be ambitious.

City have a Manc Derby (who cares?) a CL match at home (already won) and Palace away. Two games later (after going to Burnley) they play Liverpool and also have a CL semi final.

I can see Citeh putting out a weaker team - but still a decent one - and our record against them this season is decent, we're playing well and a full strength team has a decent shout here.

I fear however that the "Ralph out" crew will be given an excuse to rant if he picks the same sort of starting line up we saw this week - even though it worked. (And I don't buy the WHU were poor nonsense because they played as well as they were allowed to).

I also don't get "it's a day out at Wembley, win or lose" attitude. I remember Channon being interviewed in the bath after the semi in 76 saying that it's not enough to get there - you've got to win it. That should be where we are in terms of team spirit right now.

COYR
The Man City game on 12:11 - Mar 4 with 1198 viewsBerber

End of rant.

Sure, there were some shaky moments, especially early on, but the facts are; 1. We won quite comfortably in the end. 2. He gave some of our key players a rest during a busy schedule where points mean prizes (well money anyway). 3. We can see (again) that Diallo and Valery are unlikely to ever be consistent first picks, if only because of the rate they give the ball away. 4. Will Smallbone can do a decent job for us, and is well on the way back to contention, I'd pick him over Diallo as a 6 or 10 any day of the week.

Like you though, I hope he picks the strongest team against Man City.
The Man City game on 13:05 - Mar 4 with 1165 viewsSalisburySaint

As it will be the International break after City game, and our previous game against Watford will be the Sunday before, there is no reason why Ralph shouldn’t play his strongest team this time
The Man City game on 13:34 - Mar 4 with 1147 viewssaints__fan__73

End of rant.

Yeah, just escaped with a 3-1 victory in a game we looked like losing.....

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

The Man City game on 14:19 - Mar 4 with 1095 viewsChesham_Saint

The Man City game on 13:34 - Mar 4 by saints__fan__73

You didn’t see the game then 73? Or presumably go to the Coventry match either?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Login to get fewer ads

The Man City game on 14:53 - Mar 4 with 1052 viewskingslandstand1

The Man City game on 13:05 - Mar 4 by SalisburySaint

As it will be the International break after City game, and our previous game against Watford will be the Sunday before, there is no reason why Ralph shouldn’t play his strongest team this time

Well let's hope so, and I guess it won't be 15 quid a ticket either! That might at least keep a few tourists and the let's take little Johnny to his first game brigade away
The Man City game on 22:56 - Mar 4 with 878 viewshedgeend61

The Man City game on 13:34 - Mar 4 by saints__fan__73

If West Ham had their shooting boots on, they'd have been 2 up after 20 minutes and the atmosphere at SMS (and here) would have been toxic.

Gamble once v Cov, twice v West Ham and win, when there was no real need to spin the dice. But the thing is nobody gets lucky all the time.

Man City won't play their best side (bigger fish to fry), so there's no need to gamble again.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024