Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I see we are on our downward 15:59 - Apr 2 with 4294 viewsgrumpy

slide on the usual rollercoaster.
Its just boring now.
I see we are on our downward on 21:08 - Apr 3 with 1271 viewsElijahK

I see we are on our downward on 17:13 - Apr 3 by Butty101

What is the point of saints existence then? If we dont want to win a cup and are never going to challenge at the top, whats the point?

Well that’s exactly why soo many are getting fed up/bored of today’s football

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

I see we are on our downward on 21:23 - Apr 3 with 1261 viewsSaintsforeverj

I see we are on our downward on 18:24 - Apr 3 by Ron11

So Saints results against Tottenham, Man City (2), Man United are all one offs...with a bit more consistency and stability in the side we could be 5th or 6th is the point I'm making.

Ofcourse but the reason the top teams are more consistent is because they are better players. I know what you mean in theory. If we can beat those teams, why can't we keep it going in other games. But Brighton fans, Watford fans, Villa fans, Everton fans, Burnley fans Palace fans will be saying the same thing. We all know those teams can beat a top side on their day, but they aren't as good, we all know that. The top teams who have the most resources will finish highest up the league. The last time Saints finished 6th, was when we had Mane, Pelle, VD who we know are world class players. I can't think.of any other time we have finished so high in 40 years. The better players are more consistent.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2022 21:24]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

I see we are on our downward on 21:35 - Apr 3 with 1248 viewsSaintsforeverj

I see we are on our downward on 21:01 - Apr 3 by ElijahK

Unfortunately saintsforever, many on here don’t know what realistic is, and seem to think that we’ve got the same budget as Man City, or even the likes of West Ham/Villa, so should be battling for Europe and getting into decent cup games!

As only people who don’t know what realistic is, complain about us getting to an FA cup quarter final (and loosing against arguably the best team in the world!), getting to the 4th round of the EFL cup (and loosing to the champions league winners who made the final), and finishing like 13th-9th, above at least 6 or so teams that spent more than us, as well as 2/3 of them having spent catastrophically more, with only like a max of 1 team finishing above us who’ve spent less.
As if that’s not good enough for a saints fan, then they’ve got a lot of realisation to do!

I agree ElijahK. I want to be in the top 6 as much as anyone. I am as fed up as the next person with the PL. But I get how difficult it is for clubs like us, in a league where we have a lower net spend than Burnley. I know our players aren't as good as the top teams. I also believe that you can't make a silk purse out of a pig's ear or it's extremely difficult. So 11th is acceptable. I want more yes, but we can't. Our players just aren't good enough consistently. Apart from the odd season, it hasn't been any different for about 40 years. In fact, I have known more struggle, relegation battles than anything else. We are safe and mid table. It's ok and.could be a lot worse. It can't be much better because we don't have the same resources as much of the PL.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2022 21:40]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

I see we are on our downward on 22:00 - Apr 3 with 1197 viewsButty101

I see we are on our downward on 21:01 - Apr 3 by ElijahK

Unfortunately saintsforever, many on here don’t know what realistic is, and seem to think that we’ve got the same budget as Man City, or even the likes of West Ham/Villa, so should be battling for Europe and getting into decent cup games!

As only people who don’t know what realistic is, complain about us getting to an FA cup quarter final (and loosing against arguably the best team in the world!), getting to the 4th round of the EFL cup (and loosing to the champions league winners who made the final), and finishing like 13th-9th, above at least 6 or so teams that spent more than us, as well as 2/3 of them having spent catastrophically more, with only like a max of 1 team finishing above us who’ve spent less.
As if that’s not good enough for a saints fan, then they’ve got a lot of realisation to do!

Show me one post on here, where someone is demanding that we spend like Man City. You are just making crap up.

We have the 12th biggest wage bill so par is 12th.

I dont have a problem us getting to the quarters, its the playing Long and Armstrong up front that p*sses me off.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

I see we are on our downward on 22:58 - Apr 3 with 1160 viewsRon11

I see we are on our downward on 22:00 - Apr 3 by Butty101

Show me one post on here, where someone is demanding that we spend like Man City. You are just making crap up.

I dont have a problem us getting to the quarters, its the playing Long and Armstrong up front that p*sses me off.

Up front....Long. Especially when the plan is for him play a running high press and keep them penned in their own half (City that is) on his 37 year old legs.
With the likes of Broja and Adams on the bench......
I see we are on our downward on 22:59 - Apr 3 with 1160 viewsHeisenberg

Didn’t it go tits up when Long and Armstrong were subbed ? Ralph wanted to stretch City and get us up the pitch. This worked well but we ran out of steam and they have world class substitutes. 4-1 was harsh. We lost against arguably the best team in Europe. Get over it.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

I see we are on our downward on 23:21 - Apr 3 with 1139 viewspjt50

He didn't pick Long & Armstrong to play for 90 mins (much less a possible 120). He picked them to play for an hour. At the point when he intended to bring on the subs — just before Salisu's brainless tackle — everything was going to plan.

In a win/lose game, city's best eleven are going to beat our best eleven 9 times out of 10. It was worth trying something different.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

I see we are on our downward on 09:14 - Apr 4 with 1049 viewsRon11

I see we are on our downward on 23:21 - Apr 3 by pjt50

He didn't pick Long & Armstrong to play for 90 mins (much less a possible 120). He picked them to play for an hour. At the point when he intended to bring on the subs — just before Salisu's brainless tackle — everything was going to plan.

In a win/lose game, city's best eleven are going to beat our best eleven 9 times out of 10. It was worth trying something different.

0-0 and then 1-1 isn't nine times out of ten.
Login to get fewer ads

I see we are on our downward on 09:15 - Apr 4 with 1049 viewssaintwizzler

I see we are on our downward on 23:21 - Apr 3 by pjt50

And Smallbone v Watford.
I don’t think even he knew where he was playing.
Watford are shit.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

I see we are on our downward on 11:00 - Apr 4 with 1003 viewspjt50

I see we are on our downward on 09:14 - Apr 4 by Ron11

A draw after 90 mins is no good in a cup tie. Look at the subs they could bring on in extra time. Even their penalty takers are better than ours.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

I see we are on our downward on 12:03 - Apr 4 with 966 viewssaint68

Sounds like battered wife syndrome on here...its OK it's Saints we'll always under achieve..its just the way it is and we should just accept it..

Dare to win a competition..No!! Just accept mediocrity and the occasional battering.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

I see we are on our downward on 17:00 - Apr 4 with 894 viewsElijahK

I see we are on our downward on 21:35 - Apr 3 by Saintsforeverj

I agree ElijahK. I want to be in the top 6 as much as anyone. I am as fed up as the next person with the PL. But I get how difficult it is for clubs like us, in a league where we have a lower net spend than Burnley. I know our players aren't as good as the top teams. I also believe that you can't make a silk purse out of a pig's ear or it's extremely difficult. So 11th is acceptable. I want more yes, but we can't. Our players just aren't good enough consistently. Apart from the odd season, it hasn't been any different for about 40 years. In fact, I have known more struggle, relegation battles than anything else. We are safe and mid table. It's ok and.could be a lot worse. It can't be much better because we don't have the same resources as much of the PL.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2022 21:40]

Your first few sentences have summed up what I also think perfectly, as I’d also love us to go places, but which what Ralph has at his disposal in both the squad he has, and the consistent transfers he gets, there isn’t many positions that we can realistically finish higher than, then like 11th or so
[Post edited 4 Apr 2022 17:10]

I see we are on our downward on 17:05 - Apr 4 with 889 viewsElijahK

I never said people expected us to spend big, I’m just saying that people expected us to finish high, which in today’s game to do so, you need to spend big. So no it ain’t talking crap, but talking logically, as practically no teams have ever gotten into Europe (let alone won the league) over the last twenty odd years, without spending big, and that ain’t gonna change any time soon.

And yeah your peed off that he played two players up front that he should’ve have against City, but at the same time Broja has been poor recently so it’s only really Long for Adams that I was that bothered about, and even then, when they came on (which was clearly tactically planned for, as Armstrong/along was there to tire out/stretch Man City’s defence, and did so, but unfortunately Salisu cost us just before they came on) it was 2-1, when the game ended 4-1 with both of them having chances yet nether of them taking them ether. And even if we had have won, we were gonna be playing Liverpool in the semi’s and most likely Chelsea in the final, so would’ve literally have to of beaten the top 3 all back to back to win the cup
[Post edited 4 Apr 2022 17:09]

I see we are on our downward on 17:07 - Apr 4 with 888 viewsElijahK

I see we are on our downward on 09:14 - Apr 4 by Ron11

Ok but they’re not wins, as they would’ve gone into extra time if it was the cup and I’m pretty certain that if those games had of gone into extra time and then pens, we wouldn’t have won ether (which is what you’d expect for a 1 outta 10)

I see we are on our downward on 06:51 - Apr 5 with 801 viewsButty101

I see we are on our downward on 17:05 - Apr 4 by ElijahK

I never said people expected us to spend big, I’m just saying that people expected us to finish high, which in today’s game to do so, you need to spend big. So no it ain’t talking crap, but talking logically, as practically no teams have ever gotten into Europe (let alone won the league) over the last twenty odd years, without spending big, and that ain’t gonna change any time soon.

And yeah your peed off that he played two players up front that he should’ve have against City, but at the same time Broja has been poor recently so it’s only really Long for Adams that I was that bothered about, and even then, when they came on (which was clearly tactically planned for, as Armstrong/along was there to tire out/stretch Man City’s defence, and did so, but unfortunately Salisu cost us just before they came on) it was 2-1, when the game ended 4-1 with both of them having chances yet nether of them taking them ether. And even if we had have won, we were gonna be playing Liverpool in the semi’s and most likely Chelsea in the final, so would’ve literally have to of beaten the top 3 all back to back to win the cup
[Post edited 4 Apr 2022 17:09]

‘ Unfortunately saintsforever, many on here don’t know what realistic is, and seem to think that we’ve got the same budget as Man City”
That’s exactly what you said.

It’s time for Saints to embrace managerial change. Look at the job Viera has done at Palace in less than one season. Turned an old boring defensive team, into a young exciting team with a cup semifinal to look forward to. They absolutely dismantled Arsenal last night. When the big clubs come knocking it will never be Ralph’s door.

The last 3months has encapsulated his time here, one great run of results followed by a massive downturn.

I see we are on our downward on 07:38 - Apr 5 with 767 views1teeminants

I see we are on our downward on 06:51 - Apr 5 by Butty101

‘ Unfortunately saintsforever, many on here don’t know what realistic is, and seem to think that we’ve got the same budget as Man City”

It’s time for Saints to embrace managerial change. Look at the job Viera has done at Palace in less than one season. Turned an old boring defensive team, into a young exciting team with a cup semifinal to look forward to. They absolutely dismantled Arsenal last night. When the big clubs come knocking it will never be Ralph’s door.

The last 3months has encapsulated his time here, one great run of results followed by a massive downturn.

I would give Ralph a transfer window with the new owners then decide. Palace, despite what some have said ,do spend more than us , most clubs do . We have also had some big results against Spurs, West Ham ,City etc and got to a semi final and quarter final in successive seasons and palace are a massive one point ahead of us .

From the comments that have already been said by Ralph and the owners it doesn’t look like we will spend much in the summer, just bring a few kids in but let’s see who we bring in .
[Post edited 5 Apr 2022 7:40]

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

I see we are on our downward on 12:24 - Apr 5 with 705 viewsSaintNick

I see we are on our downward on 07:38 - Apr 5 by 1teeminants

I would give Ralph a transfer window with the new owners then decide. Palace, despite what some have said ,do spend more than us , most clubs do . We have also had some big results against Spurs, West Ham ,City etc and got to a semi final and quarter final in successive seasons and palace are a massive one point ahead of us .

From the comments that have already been said by Ralph and the owners it doesn’t look like we will spend much in the summer, just bring a few kids in but let’s see who we bring in .

The reality here is that like most clubs in the Premier League and the Championship, we do not have a limited budget, and we know what our strategy is, it has been our strategy for almost 60 years to be pedantic, and in the main worked well.

If people want to support a club that doesnt sell players then the only option in the UK is Liverpool & Manchester City.

There are plenty of options to support clubs like Everton, Villa & Spurs who spent a lot of money, but ultimately don't win anything more than Saints do

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

I see we are on our downward on 13:16 - Apr 5 with 674 viewsButty101

I see we are on our downward on 12:24 - Apr 5 by SaintNick

The reality here is that like most clubs in the Premier League and the Championship, we do not have a limited budget, and we know what our strategy is, it has been our strategy for almost 60 years to be pedantic, and in the main worked well.

If people want to support a club that doesnt sell players then the only option in the UK is Liverpool & Manchester City.

There are plenty of options to support clubs like Everton, Villa & Spurs who spent a lot of money, but ultimately don't win anything more than Saints do

Im pretty sure we have a very limited budget Nick

I see we are on our downward on 13:23 - Apr 5 with 657 viewsButty101

I see we are on our downward on 07:38 - Apr 5 by 1teeminants

The problem is, that no sooner have we got rid of the dross sucking the wages up, then we go and add a whole host of new dross. Walcott had long gone off the boil even before his loan finished. Long we give a 2 year contract to and he wasnt getting off Bournemouths bench. Dnepo whats the point - got worse in his time here. Mcarthy given a new contract yet the club are to embarrassed to announce it. I could go on....

I see we are on our downward on 15:21 - Apr 5 with 606 viewsSaintNick

I see we are on our downward on 13:23 - Apr 5 by Butty101

The problem is, that no sooner have we got rid of the dross sucking the wages up, then we go and add a whole host of new dross. Walcott had long gone off the boil even before his loan finished. Long we give a 2 year contract to and he wasnt getting off Bournemouths bench. Dnepo whats the point - got worse in his time here. Mcarthy given a new contract yet the club are to embarrassed to announce it. I could go on....

Long has done a job here this season, no one is saying he is a first choice player, but he adds depth to the squad that we lacked when we loaned him out last season, his niche now is a 10 minute cameo role, but better to have Long in the squad to do that than a youngster with no experience

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

I see we are on our downward on 19:50 - Apr 5 with 534 viewsMytchettSaint

I see we are on our downward on 15:21 - Apr 5 by SaintNick

Long has done a job here this season, no one is saying he is a first choice player, but he adds depth to the squad that we lacked when we loaned him out last season, his niche now is a 10 minute cameo role, but better to have Long in the squad to do that than a youngster with no experience

Longs cameo is to chase/close down defenders to press teams and also draw free kicks. I’d like to think we could get one of the others to perform this (Redmond should be able to at least do this) and free up Longs wages to add some quality elsewhere where we desperately need it. The defensive part of the spine of the team, centre backs and a keeper have been issues for several seasons now. We’ve heard the reason we haven’t been able to address this is due to high wage earners who are not good enough sucking money out the club. We’ve got to a point now where we have been told previously this is no longer going to be the case this summer with certain players contracts finishing. Let’s hope we can move on those who have served the club well and not so well and look to strengthen key areas.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

I see we are on our downward on 10:51 - Apr 6 with 466 viewsElijahK

I see we are on our downward on 06:51 - Apr 5 by Butty101

Yes and if you’ve read what I’ve just said, then you’d get that to finish high you have to spend big, and some people seem to be under the impression that we should finish high, hence why we’d need to spend big. And sorry but right now we’re 11th, and Palace (who yeah have got some decent signings and such over the summer) are 9th just 1 point ahead of us, even though they spent more. As when we were on our great run, they weren’t doing soo well, just like how when they’re now currently on a decent run, we’re not doing the greatest, as that’s football, and other than the teams that basically win/loose most of their games (City, Liverpool, Norwich etc) practically every team has a decent and a poor run throughout the season (but how poor/decent the runs are vary)
[Post edited 6 Apr 2022 10:54]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024