Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Playing FIFA and golf 4 days a week while raking in £1M a year plus 22:53 - Apr 9 with 2151 viewsBicester_North

While people come round your house and do your DIY, manage your money and any wage negotiations to make you even richer
Then not doing the basics of your job when you are required to do it for an hour and a half at the weekend
Then shrugging it off and going back to FIFA and larking about after you’ve ripped off the public who pay your wages and who are going through a time of fast rising living costs

Premier league football, what a laugh

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Playing FIFA and golf 4 days a week while raking in £1M a year plus on 06:54 - Apr 10 with 2016 viewsMrangry25

Totally agree with this, I am getting fed up with watching multi-millionaires kicking a bag of wind around badly and telling us that they are working hard on the training ground.
Playing FIFA and golf 4 days a week while raking in £1M a year plus on 10:15 - Apr 10 with 1919 viewsAndylad63

On the flip side old Saints fans will remember when Charlie George (one of Saints biggest signings at the time) decided to do his own garden maintenance! I am sure Big Lawrie Mac was the first to ban him from the tool shed.
Playing FIFA and golf 4 days a week while raking in £1M a year plus on 12:43 - Apr 10 with 1831 viewsChesham_Saint

Who do we know that specifically does this, or are you generalising from the particular?

I’m as pissed off as the next man with yesterday’s capitulation , but to assume that all players are lazy fvcks on their days off seems a bit much.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Playing FIFA and golf 4 days a week while raking in £1M a year plus on 20:42 - Apr 10 with 1674 viewskingslandstand1

Playing FIFA and golf 4 days a week while raking in £1M a year plus on 10:15 - Apr 10 by Andylad63

On the flip side old Saints fans will remember when Charlie George (one of Saints biggest signings at the time) decided to do his own garden maintenance! I am sure Big Lawrie Mac was the first to ban him from the tool shed.

Then James Beattie decided to break his toe while swanning about on his motor cruiser or something
Playing FIFA and golf 4 days a week while raking in £1M a year plus on 08:44 - Apr 11 with 1557 viewsChesham_Saint

Playing FIFA and golf 4 days a week while raking in £1M a year plus on 20:42 - Apr 10 by kingslandstand1

Then James Beattie decided to break his toe while swanning about on his motor cruiser or something

Who was the player that damaged his foot with a tomato sauce bottle? Beasant or that Aussie ex Arsenal guy with the ginge hair? Slater was it?

Playing FIFA and golf 4 days a week while raking in £1M a year plus on 11:25 - Apr 11 with 1503 viewsSaintNick

Whilst I can empathise with your feelings, you could also take the viewpoint that it is a bit like the christians being thrown to the lions, you are expected to do the job whilst one player in the opposition costs more than your entire team, all of them are on 4 times what you are, yet the fans still think that you should win games.

I feel no sorrow for the lot of a Premier league footballer, buts lets face it, it isnt a level playing field and its getting worse

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Playing FIFA and golf 4 days a week while raking in £1M a year plus on 23:15 - Apr 11 with 1393 viewsChesham_Saint

Playing FIFA and golf 4 days a week while raking in £1M a year plus on 11:25 - Apr 11 by SaintNick

Whilst I can empathise with your feelings, you could also take the viewpoint that it is a bit like the christians being thrown to the lions, you are expected to do the job whilst one player in the opposition costs more than your entire team, all of them are on 4 times what you are, yet the fans still think that you should win games.

I feel no sorrow for the lot of a Premier league footballer, buts lets face it, it isnt a level playing field and its getting worse

Well, it never was a level playing field for Yeovil and they managed…

Playing FIFA and golf 4 days a week while raking in £1M a year plus on 13:11 - Apr 12 with 1229 viewsSouthSeaSaint

Tom Finney of Preston and England was one of the best footballers of his era and would probably rank alongside Ronaldo in the effect he had on the game..

However during the summer months when players at the time were on reduced wages, he worked as a plumber.

Until Jimmy Hill and George Eastman and more latterly Marc Bosman, in their own ways, challenged the power of club owners, players did OK but were not equivalent of multi millionaires.
Login to get fewer ads

Playing FIFA and golf 4 days a week while raking in £1M a year plus on 13:52 - Apr 12 with 1199 viewsSonicBoom

Playing FIFA and golf 4 days a week while raking in £1M a year plus on 11:25 - Apr 11 by SaintNick

Unless there is a fundamental shift in the game things will get worse as the tv money, the fans and the sponsorship are hoovered up by the biggest clubs.
Question is when do the rest of us say enough is enough. We've all grown up watching Saints but there must come a time when we are simply charged too much money to have the privilege of watching us get stuffed by half the league.
If the top 6 push off to a super league we would still need controls put in place to govern those left behind otherwise there would soon be a new top 6 with more than everyone else.

I hate to say it but maybe the americans had it right all along. Wage caps and the draft system does at least make an attempt to keep a level playing field.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024