Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oil Protestors F off 18:43 - Apr 13 with 3103 viewsSouthamptonfan

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/climate-change/news/oil-prote

Local station running out of petrol every few days. Wife needs to care for her very elderly mother and can't get petrol. These idiots are f@cking stupid. I'm not buying a 30 grand electric car and the wife is not getting on a bus late at night to and from mother in laws. They can f@ck off.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Oil Protestors F off on 18:47 - Apr 13 with 2084 views1885_SFC

Agreed. They need a bloody good slap.

Old School is Cool

Oil Protestors F off on 19:24 - Apr 13 with 2033 viewsChesham_Saint

Oil Protestors F off on 18:47 - Apr 13 by 1885_SFC

Agreed. They need a bloody good slap.

Absolutely. Naive fvcks most of them, as far as I can see…

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Oil Protestors F off on 19:28 - Apr 13 with 2030 viewsSaintsforeverj

After a pandemic, cost of living crisis and everything else, these prats decide to stop us all from getting petrol, now the sun is out, just to add to to all the misery. And for what? We have to get in our car to go to work, or in your case look after relatives. Likewise, I'm not buying an electric car for that amount of money. If the country wants this, they would all vote Green party. Totally agree they are idiots and shouldn't be holding this country to ransome.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Oil Protestors F off on 20:04 - Apr 13 with 1989 viewsinthebox

In the not too distant future everybody will look in the mirror and say "oh shit what have we done"
Oil Protestors F off on 20:11 - Apr 13 with 1976 views1885_SFC

Oil Protestors F off on 20:04 - Apr 13 by inthebox

In the not too distant future everybody will look in the mirror and say "oh shit what have we done"

Really? I very much doubt that.

Old School is Cool

Oil Protestors F off on 20:22 - Apr 13 with 1948 viewsSouthamptonfan

I'm sure there will be loads thinking yeah I really should have got out that loan for 50 grand to get an electric car, that would have made me bankrupt and homeless. And I'm sure we will look back and think, I wish I didn't drive quickly to the mother in law who has just fallen over. We should have cycled and left her on the floor for a few hours or waited for the one an hour bus late at night that stops at mid night, to save some emissions.

Oil Protestors F off on 20:25 - Apr 13 with 1939 viewscocklebreath

How long ? A few years? 20 ?

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Oil Protestors F off on 20:30 - Apr 13 with 1922 views1885_SFC

Oil Protestors F off on 20:22 - Apr 13 by Southamptonfan

I'm sure there will be loads thinking yeah I really should have got out that loan for 50 grand to get an electric car, that would have made me bankrupt and homeless. And I'm sure we will look back and think, I wish I didn't drive quickly to the mother in law who has just fallen over. We should have cycled and left her on the floor for a few hours or waited for the one an hour bus late at night that stops at mid night, to save some emissions.

... and then when you do finally get home, you can relax in a nice hot bath courtesy of your £10K heat pump.

Old School is Cool

Login to get fewer ads

Oil Protestors F off on 20:37 - Apr 13 with 1905 viewsSouthamptonfan

Oil Protestors F off on 20:30 - Apr 13 by 1885_SFC

... and then when you do finally get home, you can relax in a nice hot bath courtesy of your £10K heat pump.

Just 10 K on the credit card, with a glass of f@cking vegan wine in a bubbly hot bath, made with vegan shampoo.

Oil Protestors F off on 20:41 - Apr 13 with 1901 viewsRon11

Oil Protestors F off on 19:28 - Apr 13 by Saintsforeverj

After a pandemic, cost of living crisis and everything else, these prats decide to stop us all from getting petrol, now the sun is out, just to add to to all the misery. And for what? We have to get in our car to go to work, or in your case look after relatives. Likewise, I'm not buying an electric car for that amount of money. If the country wants this, they would all vote Green party. Totally agree they are idiots and shouldn't be holding this country to ransome.

The prats are the government and the 'police' allowing them to get away with it.
The French would use the water cannon.
Oil Protestors F off on 21:01 - Apr 13 with 1868 views1885_SFC

Oil Protestors F off on 20:37 - Apr 13 by Southamptonfan

Just 10 K on the credit card, with a glass of f@cking vegan wine in a bubbly hot bath, made with vegan shampoo.

... whilst reading a copy of Non Binary News.

Old School is Cool

Oil Protestors F off on 21:38 - Apr 13 with 1844 viewsElijahK

Well they’re not f*ing stupid whatsoever, as unless we lower our carbon, and other greenhouse gases emissions then we could all get stuffed in many different ways.
As for all we know, we may have already gone past the tipping point, which means that we need to have a negative emission of greenhouse gasses, and if that means that people need to get electric cars in countries that they can afford them, then so be it. As Oils are currently one of the major contributors to GCC, and something that we no longer need in today’s world, but just due to money the government has done bugger all about it.
And now you’ve got clowns out there panic buying which only makes things worse, but at the end of the day, saving the planet and certain habitats/areas is a lot more important than a few people being too tight with there money, as in reality, oil should be illegal by now!

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Oil Protestors F off on 21:42 - Apr 13 with 1838 viewsElijahK

Well unfortunately too many people on here don’t realise the consequences of what’s going on, and how it could effect the further, and as well as that, don’t give a toss! So are messing up the planet as we speak through many different methods, many which contribute to positive feedback mech’s which only make things worse and are messing up the planet for their kids, grandkids and many future generations to come, all of which will look back at the last few gens and think “what a load of selfish prick/w*nkers, caring soo little for the world”.

As unlike politics, wars, viruses etc, this is something that EVERYONE has to change on, as it effects EVERYONE, and there is simply just one side to the argument, and yet that side is somehow loosing which is going to end up f*cking EVERYONE up!

Oil Protestors F off on 21:47 - Apr 13 with 1828 viewsElijahK

Oil Protestors F off on 20:22 - Apr 13 by Southamptonfan

Yeah well when certain areas become inhabitable (especially coastal areas like Southampton), the climate issues only get worse leading to lower levels of biodiversity, the food productions causing more issues/lacks of food, the water supplies starting to become inconsistent causing droughts, your stepmother having a higher risk of dying from things like lung cancer, any of your kids, grandkids, or future generations having to deal,with soo many issues caused by the current/recent generations…
then yeah I do think you’ll care, especially more about that then having to save up to get a car, rather than going on holiday or such 👍

Oil Protestors F off on 21:51 - Apr 13 with 1823 viewsSouthamptonfan

Oil Protestors F off on 21:38 - Apr 13 by ElijahK

Well they’re not f*ing stupid whatsoever, as unless we lower our carbon, and other greenhouse gases emissions then we could all get stuffed in many different ways.
As for all we know, we may have already gone past the tipping point, which means that we need to have a negative emission of greenhouse gasses, and if that means that people need to get electric cars in countries that they can afford them, then so be it. As Oils are currently one of the major contributors to GCC, and something that we no longer need in today’s world, but just due to money the government has done bugger all about it.
And now you’ve got clowns out there panic buying which only makes things worse, but at the end of the day, saving the planet and certain habitats/areas is a lot more important than a few people being too tight with there money, as in reality, oil should be illegal by now!

F@cking explain then how people living in a flat can afford to buy a 30 k electric car, when they are already visiting food banks. Explain how they charge up their expensive car every night in the middle of a housing estate, when the local youth will pull out the chargers. Explain how they get to work to feed the kids, when there isn't any petrol because the protestors are blocking the refineries and then they can't pay their rent. I await your realistic answers. And tell me how we get to my elderly mother in law who needs instant help, when we can't get any f@cking petrol. I'm all ears.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2022 21:56]

Oil Protestors F off on 22:03 - Apr 13 with 1797 viewsElijahK

Oil Protestors F off on 21:51 - Apr 13 by Southamptonfan

F@cking explain then how people living in a flat can afford to buy a 30 k electric car, when they are already visiting food banks. Explain how they charge up their expensive car every night in the middle of a housing estate, when the local youth will pull out the chargers. Explain how they get to work to feed the kids, when there isn't any petrol because the protestors are blocking the refineries and then they can't pay their rent. I await your realistic answers. And tell me how we get to my elderly mother in law who needs instant help, when we can't get any f@cking petrol. I'm all ears.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2022 21:56]

You simply save up, or at very least don’t criticise those who are trying to help save/preserve the world we live in.
And well there’s not much point in feeding kids if the price of food will only begin to go up due to the less and less agricultural production occurring due to these issues. And you can quite easily charge your car by getting an electric charging point installed in wherever you live (and no they’re not ridiculously expensive and won’t be bursting your bank accounts wide open), which you could always share with anyone who also lives in your flat who also wants an electric car and split in 50:50. And that car will be able to get you to your mother in laws house just as quick as your current car can.
As yeah many of the cars ain’t cheap, but in the long run they’ll save you money, and will pay off in the long run for both your bank account, but also climate issues.

As the government should 100% be doing a lot more than they currently are for the issues around GCC, but at the same time, it’s the majority of the population that is what solves it and makes the difference, and whether that’s simply using public transport, eating lower carbon emitted food, riding a bike to more local places, wasting less foods/fuels etc, all of which play there part. But buying an electric car will certainly also make a major difference, and is something that if everyone does will make a massive impact.

Oil Protestors F off on 22:11 - Apr 13 with 1785 viewsSouthamptonfan

Oil Protestors F off on 22:03 - Apr 13 by ElijahK

You simply save up, or at very least don’t criticise those who are trying to help save/preserve the world we live in.
And well there’s not much point in feeding kids if the price of food will only begin to go up due to the less and less agricultural production occurring due to these issues. And you can quite easily charge your car by getting an electric charging point installed in wherever you live (and no they’re not ridiculously expensive and won’t be bursting your bank accounts wide open), which you could always share with anyone who also lives in your flat who also wants an electric car and split in 50:50. And that car will be able to get you to your mother in laws house just as quick as your current car can.
As yeah many of the cars ain’t cheap, but in the long run they’ll save you money, and will pay off in the long run for both your bank account, but also climate issues.

As the government should 100% be doing a lot more than they currently are for the issues around GCC, but at the same time, it’s the majority of the population that is what solves it and makes the difference, and whether that’s simply using public transport, eating lower carbon emitted food, riding a bike to more local places, wasting less foods/fuels etc, all of which play there part. But buying an electric car will certainly also make a major difference, and is something that if everyone does will make a massive impact.

You think stopping people getting the petrol that they need, so that my mother in law sits in pain on the floor crying for help, when nobody can get there to help, ok. We will leave her on the floor in pain and cycle there, good idea. Don't criticise those who are leaving an elderly women in pain without help??? It's ok to stop us getting to her, to help her? You think people in inner cities and poor areas can save up 30 f@cking grand. Not a f@cking clue. No point feeding the kids??? Leave them to starve!!! The world might need saving but people can't not drive or stop carrying out their lives. You are talking rubbish with no realistic answer. And no I'm not paying 30 k plus on a car when I can a petrol one for less than 5 k. I can't afford it. Give me 30 grand and I will get one.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2022 22:16]

Oil Protestors F off on 22:21 - Apr 13 with 1766 viewscocklebreath

Simply save up? Yeah that’s the one, not sure you live in the real world. Goon

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Oil Protestors F off on 22:45 - Apr 13 with 1734 views1885_SFC

Oil Protestors F off on 22:21 - Apr 13 by cocklebreath

Old School is Cool

Oil Protestors F off on 23:00 - Apr 13 with 1712 viewsRon11

Oil Protestors F off on 21:38 - Apr 13 by ElijahK

And we've got clowns out there cutting trees down left right and centre for fu ck knows what and getting away with it.
Oil Protestors F off on 23:14 - Apr 13 with 1692 viewsA1079

Long before it became fashionable for some sections of the community to suddenly rise up in some form of protest I cared about what we were doing with the environment we lived in. But, alot of these protestors are self serving hypocrites who themselves have built up their lives through whatever means and now for some perverse reason think they should stop those trying to live to keep a roof over their head and look forward occasionally to a day or weekend out.

Surrounded by war in our backyard, high inflation, 2 years of living with unnatural enforced restrictions and they want to stop ordinary people going about their lives.

I for one, wholeheartedly recognise that as people, nation and wider world we need to do more to protect our environment, the worlds resources, wildlife and eco balance. There is so much that can and should be done without hitting people with a stick and protestors like this are not going to win the population over they are merely going to alienate them.

Who do the protestors think they are hitting - the Government, business owners, fuel companies? even if they were to succeed in some way, assuming they know what success looks like, how quick do they think things can change? You can't suddenly switch from one source of fuel and energy to another without sustained investment projects - I wonder how many of these people that are the type that will complain about wind farms on their back yard, solar panels eating up the countryside that once housed wildlife? The people they hit in their actions are you and I - the person who is trying to work to keep a roof over their head for their family, pay the bills and hopefully snatch a few moments away or relaxation through the mundaneness of life and all the things that are going on in the world.

I think there are many things that our governments etc central and local can and should do (for example in my area 2 new Estates have been built and yet they have been built with no EV chargers on houses as standard, no solar panels on roofs and I suspect no heat pumps but good old fashioned boilers - why, when the permission was given for these estates did the local authorities not stipulate that some of these should now be standard in any new builds?) and every person has a responsibility to work towards creating long term improvements in our planet but don't hit the very people and make their life's hell because that won't resolve the problem but just create more misery.
Oil Protestors F off on 23:18 - Apr 13 with 1687 viewsBicester_North

As a country we are getting behind it fairly well overall, but as long as China carries on like it is whatever we do here means bugger all.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Oil Protestors F off on 23:21 - Apr 13 with 1687 views1885_SFC

Oil Protestors F off on 23:14 - Apr 13 by A1079

Long before it became fashionable for some sections of the community to suddenly rise up in some form of protest I cared about what we were doing with the environment we lived in. But, alot of these protestors are self serving hypocrites who themselves have built up their lives through whatever means and now for some perverse reason think they should stop those trying to live to keep a roof over their head and look forward occasionally to a day or weekend out.

Surrounded by war in our backyard, high inflation, 2 years of living with unnatural enforced restrictions and they want to stop ordinary people going about their lives.

I for one, wholeheartedly recognise that as people, nation and wider world we need to do more to protect our environment, the worlds resources, wildlife and eco balance. There is so much that can and should be done without hitting people with a stick and protestors like this are not going to win the population over they are merely going to alienate them.

Who do the protestors think they are hitting - the Government, business owners, fuel companies? even if they were to succeed in some way, assuming they know what success looks like, how quick do they think things can change? You can't suddenly switch from one source of fuel and energy to another without sustained investment projects - I wonder how many of these people that are the type that will complain about wind farms on their back yard, solar panels eating up the countryside that once housed wildlife? The people they hit in their actions are you and I - the person who is trying to work to keep a roof over their head for their family, pay the bills and hopefully snatch a few moments away or relaxation through the mundaneness of life and all the things that are going on in the world.

I think there are many things that our governments etc central and local can and should do (for example in my area 2 new Estates have been built and yet they have been built with no EV chargers on houses as standard, no solar panels on roofs and I suspect no heat pumps but good old fashioned boilers - why, when the permission was given for these estates did the local authorities not stipulate that some of these should now be standard in any new builds?) and every person has a responsibility to work towards creating long term improvements in our planet but don't hit the very people and make their life's hell because that won't resolve the problem but just create more misery.

Very well put mate & I would wager the vast majority of people agree with you.

Old School is Cool

Oil Protestors F off on 00:38 - Apr 14 with 1656 viewsElijahK

Oil Protestors F off on 22:11 - Apr 13 by Southamptonfan

You think stopping people getting the petrol that they need, so that my mother in law sits in pain on the floor crying for help, when nobody can get there to help, ok. We will leave her on the floor in pain and cycle there, good idea. Don't criticise those who are leaving an elderly women in pain without help??? It's ok to stop us getting to her, to help her? You think people in inner cities and poor areas can save up 30 f@cking grand. Not a f@cking clue. No point feeding the kids??? Leave them to starve!!! The world might need saving but people can't not drive or stop carrying out their lives. You are talking rubbish with no realistic answer. And no I'm not paying 30 k plus on a car when I can a petrol one for less than 5 k. I can't afford it. Give me 30 grand and I will get one.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2022 22:16]

Yeah because that’s exactly what I want isn’t it, just like all those protesting…
The people who are protesting are doing it so that it becomes more public’s nod it gets discussed more and more on anywhere it can get to (even football fan sights like here!) so that it can help more people to realise that severe impacts it’s having on the environment. And even then, this is the first one that I’ve heard has happened locally for quite some time, as yeah there’s definitely loads in London, but I can’t remember the last time I saw one down here.

As you talk about your stepmother being in pain, but so is many species that are suffering from what our species has caused through GCC, yet very few people will talk about them on here, or how they feel, and that’s because not enough realise. As why is it we can’t have both your mother in law and tigers polar bears, whales etc all in a stable, safe condition, rather than pain and death? As it’s quite easily possible…

But no they’re not all 30k, as some (especially second hand ones) are 20k, but even if you don’t wanna buy one, then you can always use public transport or other methods of transportation, or quite simply stick to your petrel cars, but then don’t criticise others who know a thing or two of what’s to come if people don’t change their lives around resources and such, as unlike yourself they realise that money will mean f*ck all in the world if we stay on the track we’re heading.

Oil Protestors F off on 00:45 - Apr 14 with 1653 viewsElijahK

Oil Protestors F off on 22:21 - Apr 13 by cocklebreath

Well unless your never gonna get a new car, never go on holiday, never gonna get a new house or not get another season ticket at St Mary’s (as enough people on here act like it’s a he’ll hole and always complain, so why they still get tickets I don’t get), or pretty much anything else that more than a days wage takes to buy.
As unless your literally in a position where you can barely afford to put food on the plate for your family (which I’m sure there will be a few people on here who are in this position, but a majority of people won’t be anywhere near that position whatsoever) then you can save up, it’s just whether your necessary willing to/see it as worth it or not, as that’s where many people say no, but there’s a difference between being able to and just not seeing the point/cba to get one.
But don’t worry, I’m sure that within 20 years time or such, the only people they’ll be calling goons, are the ones like yourself that are what caused, or at least certainly didn’t help, the situation that we’re in today.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024