Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oil Protestors F off 18:43 - Apr 13 with 3123 viewsSouthamptonfan

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/climate-change/news/oil-prote

Local station running out of petrol every few days. Wife needs to care for her very elderly mother and can't get petrol. These idiots are f@cking stupid. I'm not buying a 30 grand electric car and the wife is not getting on a bus late at night to and from mother in laws. They can f@ck off.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Oil Protestors F off on 00:53 - Apr 14 with 1012 viewsElijahK

Oil Protestors F off on 23:00 - Apr 13 by Ron11

And we've got clowns out there cutting trees down left right and centre for fu ck knows what and getting away with it.

Yeah well that’s where the governments come in, letting people do it in our country, but also supply goods/resources to those that don’t obey/follow the environmental protection act, by allowing logging/coal mines over very unique habitats, as well as “turning a blind eye” over the major illegal logging and poaching occurring in their countries!
But hopefully soon when the floodings, natural disasters get too severe and too often and more and more species (especially the keystone/flagship species) go extinct, they’ll then residue of where they messed up and will finally do something about it!
As the fact that we still talk about Boris and other MP’s breaking rules, brexit, some old tax things etc, yet soo little around the environment, just sums up how much of a joke the modern governments of the world are

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Oil Protestors F off on 00:56 - Apr 14 with 1012 viewsElijahK

Oil Protestors F off on 23:18 - Apr 13 by Bicester_North

As a country we are getting behind it fairly well overall, but as long as China carries on like it is whatever we do here means bugger all.

Your correct to a certain degree, but at the same time, if we can keep our emissions down then it will only help the situation, but we also need to start leaving out/blacking trades with China which aren’t done in a sustainable/environmentally friendly manner. As when they loose profits and such, then they’ll have no choice but to change, and we (as well as other major developed countries) are in the position to put them into check where that’s the only move they can take, but even then it is getting better over there, but we still should sort our issues so that we know that we’re at least doing the best that we can do.

Oil Protestors F off on 01:16 - Apr 14 with 1001 viewsElijahK

Oil Protestors F off on 23:14 - Apr 13 by A1079

Long before it became fashionable for some sections of the community to suddenly rise up in some form of protest I cared about what we were doing with the environment we lived in. But, alot of these protestors are self serving hypocrites who themselves have built up their lives through whatever means and now for some perverse reason think they should stop those trying to live to keep a roof over their head and look forward occasionally to a day or weekend out.

Surrounded by war in our backyard, high inflation, 2 years of living with unnatural enforced restrictions and they want to stop ordinary people going about their lives.

I for one, wholeheartedly recognise that as people, nation and wider world we need to do more to protect our environment, the worlds resources, wildlife and eco balance. There is so much that can and should be done without hitting people with a stick and protestors like this are not going to win the population over they are merely going to alienate them.

Who do the protestors think they are hitting - the Government, business owners, fuel companies? even if they were to succeed in some way, assuming they know what success looks like, how quick do they think things can change? You can't suddenly switch from one source of fuel and energy to another without sustained investment projects - I wonder how many of these people that are the type that will complain about wind farms on their back yard, solar panels eating up the countryside that once housed wildlife? The people they hit in their actions are you and I - the person who is trying to work to keep a roof over their head for their family, pay the bills and hopefully snatch a few moments away or relaxation through the mundaneness of life and all the things that are going on in the world.

I think there are many things that our governments etc central and local can and should do (for example in my area 2 new Estates have been built and yet they have been built with no EV chargers on houses as standard, no solar panels on roofs and I suspect no heat pumps but good old fashioned boilers - why, when the permission was given for these estates did the local authorities not stipulate that some of these should now be standard in any new builds?) and every person has a responsibility to work towards creating long term improvements in our planet but don't hit the very people and make their life's hell because that won't resolve the problem but just create more misery.

Yeah I do think you’ve got a fair point here and there, as we all know that many people who protest will just do it for anything and just enjoy doing it, even though they don’t even know/care much over what it is they’re protesting. But for certain areas (especially ones like GCC) many who do protest do care, and do all that they can do help lower our impact on the earth.
And yes there may be better ways to get the message around rather than protesting (as I myself were at secondary school within the last decade, and in there we got taught loads about it, and they made sure to make us as aware as possible over the issues and the ways in which we can get around it), but for some groups (especially the older people, as older people certainly haven’t been as informed as well/much as younger, due to soo very little being known for when they grew up, and how it wasn’t even seen as a scientific fact back then by everyone) it causes it to be spread so that we chat about it on here and more become aware about how much easier its becoming to do stuff about it, as well as what’ll happen if we don’t.
But protests are aimed at the supplies and the customers, as for the oil industry, they want it to stop due to all the habitat destruction the oil mining causes, through the digging, the roads being made to transport the oil, the resources used to take it around the globe etc, and the customers by messing up there day and trying to make them more aware over what they’re causing..
But yeah all the new estates being built should have more renewable energy resources and be made more sustainable, and the fact that your telling me they’re nit just sums up how much of a joke the local committee/government is around it all, but at the end of the day, we may have already gone past the tipping point of GCC (meaning that we’ll have to absorb more greenhouse gases than we produce), so are extremely low on time as it is, yet us just doing the minimum and taking our time won’t work anymore, and if messing up a few people days is what it takes to get people to change what they do, then only an idiot would deny that it’s not worth it, as right now we’re heading for the death/destruction of earth, which is why we need to change what we’re doing.

Oil Protestors F off on 06:03 - Apr 14 with 957 viewssaintwizzler

Oil Protestors F off on 01:16 - Apr 14 by ElijahK

Yeah I do think you’ve got a fair point here and there, as we all know that many people who protest will just do it for anything and just enjoy doing it, even though they don’t even know/care much over what it is they’re protesting. But for certain areas (especially ones like GCC) many who do protest do care, and do all that they can do help lower our impact on the earth.
And yes there may be better ways to get the message around rather than protesting (as I myself were at secondary school within the last decade, and in there we got taught loads about it, and they made sure to make us as aware as possible over the issues and the ways in which we can get around it), but for some groups (especially the older people, as older people certainly haven’t been as informed as well/much as younger, due to soo very little being known for when they grew up, and how it wasn’t even seen as a scientific fact back then by everyone) it causes it to be spread so that we chat about it on here and more become aware about how much easier its becoming to do stuff about it, as well as what’ll happen if we don’t.
But protests are aimed at the supplies and the customers, as for the oil industry, they want it to stop due to all the habitat destruction the oil mining causes, through the digging, the roads being made to transport the oil, the resources used to take it around the globe etc, and the customers by messing up there day and trying to make them more aware over what they’re causing..
But yeah all the new estates being built should have more renewable energy resources and be made more sustainable, and the fact that your telling me they’re nit just sums up how much of a joke the local committee/government is around it all, but at the end of the day, we may have already gone past the tipping point of GCC (meaning that we’ll have to absorb more greenhouse gases than we produce), so are extremely low on time as it is, yet us just doing the minimum and taking our time won’t work anymore, and if messing up a few people days is what it takes to get people to change what they do, then only an idiot would deny that it’s not worth it, as right now we’re heading for the death/destruction of earth, which is why we need to change what we’re doing.

‘Messing up a few people’s days’?
Days have become weeks.
Messing up has become causing people to lose money through missing work.
Messing up has caused people pain.

Point has been made.
They are just becoming hated now to the point that someone is going to get hurt or worse.
China, Russia and the US are the real culprits.
Go and super glue your bellends to their embassies.

We need an experienced Center Back.
Salisu means to not throw the ball long.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Oil Protestors F off on 09:16 - Apr 14 with 887 viewsChesham_Saint

Oil Protestors F off on 22:21 - Apr 13 by cocklebreath

Simply save up? Yeah that’s the one, not sure you live in the real world. Goon

I’m with you there CB. “simply save up” is one of the most crass comments I’ve ever read on here and on a site with 130 on it, that’s saying something.

I can only assume Elijah is in a public school sixth form with no concept of the real world and the financial struggles facing so many.

In any event:

1. The government IS trying to address this issue.
2. Oil is not going away overnight
3. Oil isn’t just about petrol for cars - there’s a myriad other products for which it is essential
4. Until The likes of China, India and the US do something we’re all fvcked.

I don’t advocate or like violence at football, but these protesters are like say, Brighton trying to take the Milton - and there comes a point where they need to be put in their place and get a slapping they won’t forget in a hurry.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Oil Protestors F off on 09:18 - Apr 14 with 876 viewsChesham_Saint

“Oil mining”? What the fvck are you on about, you dozy tvvat?

Oil Protestors F off on 09:21 - Apr 14 with 867 viewsButty101

Oil Protestors F off on 22:03 - Apr 13 by ElijahK

You simply save up, or at very least don’t criticise those who are trying to help save/preserve the world we live in.
And well there’s not much point in feeding kids if the price of food will only begin to go up due to the less and less agricultural production occurring due to these issues. And you can quite easily charge your car by getting an electric charging point installed in wherever you live (and no they’re not ridiculously expensive and won’t be bursting your bank accounts wide open), which you could always share with anyone who also lives in your flat who also wants an electric car and split in 50:50. And that car will be able to get you to your mother in laws house just as quick as your current car can.
As yeah many of the cars ain’t cheap, but in the long run they’ll save you money, and will pay off in the long run for both your bank account, but also climate issues.

As the government should 100% be doing a lot more than they currently are for the issues around GCC, but at the same time, it’s the majority of the population that is what solves it and makes the difference, and whether that’s simply using public transport, eating lower carbon emitted food, riding a bike to more local places, wasting less foods/fuels etc, all of which play there part. But buying an electric car will certainly also make a major difference, and is something that if everyone does will make a massive impact.

Ahahahahaha you simply save up! What a fecking plumb you are

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Oil Protestors F off on 10:11 - Apr 14 with 834 viewssaint901

I suspect that anybody who reads the papers or watches the TV news, knows that there is action required on climate change if we (the human race) are to continue to thrive.

We know that Gov'ts will not want revolution in this area but evolution. For a Gov't to make the lurch to a non oil/gas economy would not only see them out of power but for the economy to be ruined for two or three generations.

Most of those who have read anything on this issue also know that if the UK were to half its carbon emissions the difference in global terms would be less than 1%. Without the major polluters such as China, USA, India, Russia also chipping in with their share, the UK on its own is a tick on the back of an elephant.

So how do those protesting and causing disruption - including blocking emergency vehicles - think that what they're doing helps?

Why not get in their sail boat and go to China and sit outside a refinery there. I suggest that the Chinese authorities will not be quite so gentle as ours, but their protest will have more meaning.

As for the suggestions around electric vehicles (which over their life are not actually that more "green" than modern petrol cars), charging points in known hotspots for vandalism, asking those using food banks to borrow money they can't afford, leaving a relative in need to suffer for some ill defined global target that cannot be influenced by the UK let alone individual citizens? I suggest some of the answers above are idealistic and not realistic.

The protesters need public support and their tactics are designed to drive that away.
Login to get fewer ads

Oil Protestors F off on 10:44 - Apr 14 with 818 viewsBuggalugs

Oil Protestors F off on 00:45 - Apr 14 by ElijahK

Well unless your never gonna get a new car, never go on holiday, never gonna get a new house or not get another season ticket at St Mary’s (as enough people on here act like it’s a he’ll hole and always complain, so why they still get tickets I don’t get), or pretty much anything else that more than a days wage takes to buy.
As unless your literally in a position where you can barely afford to put food on the plate for your family (which I’m sure there will be a few people on here who are in this position, but a majority of people won’t be anywhere near that position whatsoever) then you can save up, it’s just whether your necessary willing to/see it as worth it or not, as that’s where many people say no, but there’s a difference between being able to and just not seeing the point/cba to get one.
But don’t worry, I’m sure that within 20 years time or such, the only people they’ll be calling goons, are the ones like yourself that are what caused, or at least certainly didn’t help, the situation that we’re in today.

What a complete load of bollox. The UK produces approx 1% of the worlds global emissions and a sizable proportion of that 1% comes from commerce. We have also done more than most countries at actively reducing our footprint, so expecting the average person to spend 10's of thousands of pounds to chase net zero is ridiculously disproportional for the impact it'll have.

The less the western world steps back from carbon, the more the likes of China and India will produce anyway, so surely it makes more sense to save these virtue-signalling protests for their embassy's and companies. Considering it means so much to them, it's quite bewildering these these middle-class, attention-seeking tits don't have the nuts to do that though.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Oil Protestors F off on 11:09 - Apr 14 with 794 viewsdarthvader

Earth will be just fine . As it has been just fine the previous times the temperature has increased or decreased a few degrees .

Its the creatures on earth that will suffer, as they have done in the past . Seen any Mammoths lately? ... but me not being able to get to work because there is no fuel in my van will make fuçk all difference to the world ,only my world and the people being let down because of it .

I Agree that polution and carbons should be reduced as much as possible to help slow it down , but global warming isnt just Mans doing. Its inevitable

keep the faith coyr

Oil Protestors F off on 11:15 - Apr 14 with 791 viewsSaintsforeverj

Oil Protestors F off on 00:56 - Apr 14 by ElijahK

Your correct to a certain degree, but at the same time, if we can keep our emissions down then it will only help the situation, but we also need to start leaving out/blacking trades with China which aren’t done in a sustainable/environmentally friendly manner. As when they loose profits and such, then they’ll have no choice but to change, and we (as well as other major developed countries) are in the position to put them into check where that’s the only move they can take, but even then it is getting better over there, but we still should sort our issues so that we know that we’re at least doing the best that we can do.

You are missing the point. We all know about the impact we are having on the environment. But the people can only do what they can do, recycle, save water etc. They have to keep going to work to pay the mortgage and feed the kids. A nurse doing unfavorable shifts, can't just catch a bus or cycle. It's not practical. Whether these protests happen or not, this is still the case. They can protest as much as they like, a family or person in a poor area still can't afford an electric car. Have you walked down St Mary's street or through Millbrook? Where are all the charge points in amongst all the gangs, drugs and crime? Go and have a chat with a few of the locals, barely surviving, and explain how they should save up for an electric car to save the planet. See what they say. The protestors are just upsetting people's day, without having any impact whatsoever. Those in Millbrook won't get an electric car because they can't. That nurse will still get in the car to visit those who need care on the community because it's the only practical way to do it. So other than annoying a load of people who can't change what they do anyway, the protestors have achieved what, I may ask?
[Post edited 14 Apr 2022 11:21]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Oil Protestors F off on 11:16 - Apr 14 with 790 viewsElijahK

Oil Protestors F off on 06:03 - Apr 14 by saintwizzler

‘Messing up a few people’s days’?
Days have become weeks.
Messing up has become causing people to lose money through missing work.
Messing up has caused people pain.

Point has been made.
They are just becoming hated now to the point that someone is going to get hurt or worse.
China, Russia and the US are the real culprits.
Go and super glue your bellends to their embassies.

We need an experienced Center Back.
Salisu means to not throw the ball long.

Well you say that days become weeks, but I’m still yet to see any climate or such protests in Southampton/outside of London or Manchester. As I’m not denying/questioning whether it’s happening or not, but it’s not happening here often whatsoever.
But they (or at least the people who protests because they care and don’t just do it for the sake of things) do it because they care about what’s happening, and to spread the message, make themselves publicly known by going on strikes/protesting so that people change.
As it happens all the time for certain public companies when their staff aren’t happy about something, which yeah can be very frustrating/annoying, but is done simply so that things that aren’t right, change.
And yes China, Russia and America are certainly a major cause of these issues, but we’re only just behind China for the amount of GG’s emitted per person, and we’re no better by taking in soo many supplies from them/America/Russia etc all of which have no been done in an environmentally sustainable way.

And well thankfully Lyanco’s back in training, so hopefully can help to sort out this mess we’re in

Oil Protestors F off on 11:25 - Apr 14 with 771 viewssaintwizzler

Oil Protestors F off on 11:16 - Apr 14 by ElijahK

Well you say that days become weeks, but I’m still yet to see any climate or such protests in Southampton/outside of London or Manchester. As I’m not denying/questioning whether it’s happening or not, but it’s not happening here often whatsoever.
But they (or at least the people who protests because they care and don’t just do it for the sake of things) do it because they care about what’s happening, and to spread the message, make themselves publicly known by going on strikes/protesting so that people change.
As it happens all the time for certain public companies when their staff aren’t happy about something, which yeah can be very frustrating/annoying, but is done simply so that things that aren’t right, change.
And yes China, Russia and America are certainly a major cause of these issues, but we’re only just behind China for the amount of GG’s emitted per person, and we’re no better by taking in soo many supplies from them/America/Russia etc all of which have no been done in an environmentally sustainable way.

And well thankfully Lyanco’s back in training, so hopefully can help to sort out this mess we’re in

No protests but the lack of fuel where I am is a problem.
No queues or panic buying, just no fuel getting to the pumps.
Petrol stations closed.

GAO OUT!

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Oil Protestors F off on 11:32 - Apr 14 with 769 viewsElijahK

Oil Protestors F off on 09:16 - Apr 14 by Chesham_Saint

I’m with you there CB. “simply save up” is one of the most crass comments I’ve ever read on here and on a site with 130 on it, that’s saying something.

I can only assume Elijah is in a public school sixth form with no concept of the real world and the financial struggles facing so many.

In any event:

1. The government IS trying to address this issue.
2. Oil is not going away overnight
3. Oil isn’t just about petrol for cars - there’s a myriad other products for which it is essential
4. Until The likes of China, India and the US do something we’re all fvcked.

I don’t advocate or like violence at football, but these protesters are like say, Brighton trying to take the Milton - and there comes a point where they need to be put in their place and get a slapping they won’t forget in a hurry.

No I myself am a younger lad, yes, but I currently have to pay rent at where I’m staying and have a part time job (as well as my officiating), all of which I use to pay for food, rent, bills etc. It’s just I know through myself, friends, family or just the day to day person you talk to, that many people out there (not everyone, but certainly a majority of developed countries populations) can save up, but they’re just not willing to as it means that they can’t go on holiday for X amount of years, or have to give up something to be able to get an electric car within the next few years. As anyone on this page who can afford to get a season ticket at St Mary’s (especially with how much they cost these days) does have spare money to save up with!

And the list you’ve made just sums up how little you know of the impacts these issues are causing, as well as of how little the governments actually care about what is occurring right now!
As the government aren’t doing anywhere near enough, even though they are able to.
Oils aren’t just used for cars, no, but around two thirds of the oil used is for transportation, and almost all of what remains is used for the production of certain products and heating, all of which we now have reliable, eco friendly alternatives for, yet many houses are still being built/renovated/changed etc without the newer methods, but the old damaging ones.
And actually Oil could quite simply be made illegal for a set date in major countries, as I myself had to study this back when I was at college, and we discussed this quite a bit, but it’s quite surprising to see how simple it could be, as there’s many ways to get around it like where the governments will collect in old cars and start to pay back set fees to help people to afford new ones, remove contracts/deals with non sustainable producers etc, and it wouldn’t necessarily be easy, but it’s certainly a lot more simpler than many would realise.
And like I said before, these major countries are getting fuelled by countries like us wanting their oils, products, factories, meaning that they can carry on what they’re doing, but if we stop and start to change, then so does that, meaning that they’d have no choice but to change, and if they don’t, well there’s only one way we’re heading then!

Oil Protestors F off on 11:44 - Apr 14 with 756 viewsElijahK

Oil Protestors F off on 09:18 - Apr 14 by Chesham_Saint

“Oil mining”? What the fvck are you on about, you dozy tvvat?

The way we extract oil (aka oil pumps, fracking, drilling) is a type of mining, as well as the definition of mining being “Mining is the extraction of valuable minerals or other geological materials from the Earth, usually from an ore body, lode, vein, seam, reef, or placer deposit” which is exactly what we do with oils.

Buy good to see that arrogant people like yourself are gonna call me a tvvat for simply stating facts and such, and knowing a thing or two about the environment, unlike those like yourself, who don’t help the situations whatsoever and don’t seem to give a sh*t.

Oil Protestors F off on 11:48 - Apr 14 with 751 viewsdarthvader

Oil Protestors F off on 11:32 - Apr 14 by ElijahK

No I myself am a younger lad, yes, but I currently have to pay rent at where I’m staying and have a part time job (as well as my officiating), all of which I use to pay for food, rent, bills etc. It’s just I know through myself, friends, family or just the day to day person you talk to, that many people out there (not everyone, but certainly a majority of developed countries populations) can save up, but they’re just not willing to as it means that they can’t go on holiday for X amount of years, or have to give up something to be able to get an electric car within the next few years. As anyone on this page who can afford to get a season ticket at St Mary’s (especially with how much they cost these days) does have spare money to save up with!

And the list you’ve made just sums up how little you know of the impacts these issues are causing, as well as of how little the governments actually care about what is occurring right now!
As the government aren’t doing anywhere near enough, even though they are able to.
Oils aren’t just used for cars, no, but around two thirds of the oil used is for transportation, and almost all of what remains is used for the production of certain products and heating, all of which we now have reliable, eco friendly alternatives for, yet many houses are still being built/renovated/changed etc without the newer methods, but the old damaging ones.
And actually Oil could quite simply be made illegal for a set date in major countries, as I myself had to study this back when I was at college, and we discussed this quite a bit, but it’s quite surprising to see how simple it could be, as there’s many ways to get around it like where the governments will collect in old cars and start to pay back set fees to help people to afford new ones, remove contracts/deals with non sustainable producers etc, and it wouldn’t necessarily be easy, but it’s certainly a lot more simpler than many would realise.
And like I said before, these major countries are getting fuelled by countries like us wanting their oils, products, factories, meaning that they can carry on what they’re doing, but if we stop and start to change, then so does that, meaning that they’d have no choice but to change, and if they don’t, well there’s only one way we’re heading then!

Ill do you a deal .

You buy me an electric car of my choice , sort out a charge point at my house ,pay my electric bill or at least how much it is to charge it up everyday .
Oh and you Guarantee that the electricity used to charge my shiny new electric car is from solar or wind generated means and not via fossil fuels ...ill consider using it at weekends ... Deal?

No? Thought not ok ill just carry on using my work van and my Land Rover .

keep the faith coyr

Oil Protestors F off on 11:55 - Apr 14 with 742 viewsElijahK

Oil Protestors F off on 10:44 - Apr 14 by Buggalugs

What a complete load of bollox. The UK produces approx 1% of the worlds global emissions and a sizable proportion of that 1% comes from commerce. We have also done more than most countries at actively reducing our footprint, so expecting the average person to spend 10's of thousands of pounds to chase net zero is ridiculously disproportional for the impact it'll have.

The less the western world steps back from carbon, the more the likes of China and India will produce anyway, so surely it makes more sense to save these virtue-signalling protests for their embassy's and companies. Considering it means so much to them, it's quite bewildering these these middle-class, attention-seeking tits don't have the nuts to do that though.

Yes but we also we take in many products from the countries that produce loads of greenhouse gasses. As yes that 1% is all the GG’s that come directly from the UK, but if we look at all the products we get from abroad, from countries like America, Russia, China, etc. As they’re always labelled as the major produces (which they are) but they are the ones that, in a way, just do the dirty work for other countries, even though a lot of their products (especially Russia and China) and shipped all across the world. As if every country produced things just for themselves, and didn’t get sit all from abroad in other countries, then those graphs/stats are such, would look a hell of a lot different, which is exactly why soo many people want us to stop getting in soo much from these countries so that they don’t produce as much GG’s.

Oil Protestors F off on 11:57 - Apr 14 with 740 viewsElijahK

Oil Protestors F off on 11:09 - Apr 14 by darthvader

Earth will be just fine . As it has been just fine the previous times the temperature has increased or decreased a few degrees .

Its the creatures on earth that will suffer, as they have done in the past . Seen any Mammoths lately? ... but me not being able to get to work because there is no fuel in my van will make fuçk all difference to the world ,only my world and the people being let down because of it .

I Agree that polution and carbons should be reduced as much as possible to help slow it down , but global warming isnt just Mans doing. Its inevitable

And this just sums up why we won’t be getting anywhere with GCC anytime soon!

Oil Protestors F off on 12:17 - Apr 14 with 727 viewsBuggalugs

Oil Protestors F off on 11:55 - Apr 14 by ElijahK

Yes but we also we take in many products from the countries that produce loads of greenhouse gasses. As yes that 1% is all the GG’s that come directly from the UK, but if we look at all the products we get from abroad, from countries like America, Russia, China, etc. As they’re always labelled as the major produces (which they are) but they are the ones that, in a way, just do the dirty work for other countries, even though a lot of their products (especially Russia and China) and shipped all across the world. As if every country produced things just for themselves, and didn’t get sit all from abroad in other countries, then those graphs/stats are such, would look a hell of a lot different, which is exactly why soo many people want us to stop getting in soo much from these countries so that they don’t produce as much GG’s.

Everyone is responsible for feeding the beast that is China and the world has now become far too reliant on them. That won't change because Imelda has glued her nipples to to the windows of Lloyds Bank.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Oil Protestors F off on 13:45 - Apr 14 with 689 views1885_SFC

It's the oil protesters they should be rounding up & shipping off to Rwanda - not the Channel immigrants.

Old School is Cool

Oil Protestors F off on 13:57 - Apr 14 with 683 viewsChesham_Saint

Oil Protestors F off on 11:44 - Apr 14 by ElijahK

The way we extract oil (aka oil pumps, fracking, drilling) is a type of mining, as well as the definition of mining being “Mining is the extraction of valuable minerals or other geological materials from the Earth, usually from an ore body, lode, vein, seam, reef, or placer deposit” which is exactly what we do with oils.

Buy good to see that arrogant people like yourself are gonna call me a tvvat for simply stating facts and such, and knowing a thing or two about the environment, unlike those like yourself, who don’t help the situations whatsoever and don’t seem to give a sh*t.

I tell you what sonny boy, I work in sustainability and in the real world (which you clearly don’t live in or have any experience of) we have to be pragmatic.

We spend a lot of time and effort trying to fund and accelerate new technologies and other issues and I don’t need a half baked sixth form assessment to validate what my colleagues and I are trying to achieve.

The bottom line is if I come across some tvvat physically blocking me from going about my lawful business, then there’s almost certainly going to be a problem of the physical type.

Oil Protestors F off on 14:28 - Apr 14 with 667 viewssaint901

So the answer to global warming is to suspend global trading?

So countries like China and India will have no foreign income (because the green cost of moving goods out of their country is contributing to global warming) and as a result the poverty and illness and deprivation in those places will increase exponentially.

Those of us in the western economies - including all those nice middle class protesters - will have saved the planet at the expense of millions of deaths from Medieval diseases.

I think not a practical answer nor a very humane one.

I am a season ticket holder. I have thought long and hard about an electric vehicle. In my case a hybrid because I live in the sticks. I've rejected that option in favour of keeping my 11 year old VW Polo.

Partly because of cost (season ticket is £500/600 and car £20k minimum?) but mainly because an electric vehicle, even a hybrid is not that green.

The green cost of making the battery and the car: the oli/gas used to generate the electricity: the thousands of years of storing nuclear waste: the cost of disposal. Compared to an older petrol vehicle, nothing in it.

Mainly however the protests are misguided because they fail to take into account just how close to the poverty line many, many people are. It will not take much to tip many over into poverty with the consequent problems of long term illness, mental harm and depriving their children of social mobility.

Progress is being made but it has to be paid for and we are not going to be able to meet that cost in 10, 20 or even 50 years. This is a 200 year project.
Oil Protestors F off on 15:05 - Apr 14 with 647 viewsSouthSeaSaint

I think what Elijah K is promoting is an end to global trade and , as a country, the UK should be self sufficient in every way.
So to take one example ie an electric car.
Where do we get the rare earth materials from within the UK that go into electric cars?
If we are able to produce wind blades, turbines etc in the UK how do the blades get taken offshore as shipping relies on diesel fuel of LNG/LPG?
What about food?
We currently produce 50% of our own food. The remainder comes from imports carried by ships.
It is so easy to make noise about getting rid of oil, gas and other emissions and most people will agree with the principle of reducing carbon. What we all need to know is what the realistic consequences are from such a strategy.
I think most people would be horrified by the consequences of such a policy if it was to be introduced tomorrow rather than within a planned timeframe.
Oil Protestors F off on 15:26 - Apr 14 with 631 viewsPoirot

Vile hypocritical rats the lot of them and need tagging and curfews, they should take their protests to China and USA where the problem resides.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2022 21:23]
Oil Protestors F off on 16:00 - Apr 14 with 609 viewsBerber

Luckily, we live in a democracy, where the majority get to set the priorities via their chosen elected officials. If minorities can take the law into their own hands because they don’t agree, the get ready for TheNational Front, The Paedophile Exchange and a plethora of unsavoury groups and organisations that we can really do without. If these people want to behave like oafs, then they should allow others to act on like manner. Nodoubt they wouldn’t like it, and expect the law enforcement agencies to protect them. They are just cynical chancers, the saw as thousands of other deviants, that frankly, we could do without. There are legitimate avenues to pursue their objectives.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024