Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tyler Dibling 09:12 - May 10 with 1165 viewsSaintNick

I dont think it was a good move to put him on the bench on Saturday, the game always had the possibility to go pear shaped so he was never going to get on.

But it has put a lot of weight on his shoulders now, some will be demanding he play either in the last two games and then next season, when perhaps he is not ready yet still being only 16 and only playing a few games for the academy sides,

He should have been allowed to develop out of the limelight, all he has done so far is score 1 hat trick, still a long way to go yet

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Tyler Dibling on 09:21 - May 10 with 1142 viewsSadoldgit

Just an assumption Nick but when I saw the team sheet I just thought he was there to give him a taste first hand of the big match day experience and that he wasn’t going to be used. It sends a message out to any youngsters we may be targeting in the summer about a pathway to the 1st team. Probably scarred him for life though!
Tyler Dibling on 09:24 - May 10 with 1139 viewsSaintNick

Tyler Dibling on 09:21 - May 10 by Sadoldgit

Just an assumption Nick but when I saw the team sheet I just thought he was there to give him a taste first hand of the big match day experience and that he wasn’t going to be used. It sends a message out to any youngsters we may be targeting in the summer about a pathway to the 1st team. Probably scarred him for life though!

I do see that point of view and I'm sure that is the reason, but I also feel it is counter productive in that it now suddenly puts pressure on him from the fans expectations

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Tyler Dibling on 09:29 - May 10 with 1136 viewsSadoldgit

Tyler Dibling on 09:24 - May 10 by SaintNick

I do see that point of view and I'm sure that is the reason, but I also feel it is counter productive in that it now suddenly puts pressure on him from the fans expectations

It will be interesting to see if he gets game time next season. Like many I have only seen his hat trick, don’t know how good he is. As they say, if you are good enough, you are old enough.
Tyler Dibling on 09:58 - May 10 with 1105 viewsSonicBoom

I saw an interview with Ben Foster recently. He told the story of moving from Stoke to Man United. In fact he was out on loan to Wrexham from Stoke at the time.
He said he was on £350 a week at Stoke. He signed for Man U and a week later looked at his bank account. He received a 60 grand lump sum as a signing on fee. He also had another 5 grand as his first weeks wages.
He said he had never seen so much money in his life. Bear in mind this was 20 years ago.

No wonder these kids lose focus and get screwed up. Let's hope Dibling is properly looked after.
Tyler Dibling on 10:09 - May 10 with 1095 viewssaints__fan__73

Given he's yet to sign a pro contract do we need to put him in the shop window? (when he's not even old enough for us to sell him yet?)

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Tyler Dibling on 22:50 - May 10 with 867 views1teeminants

Luke Shaw was only 16 wasn’t he ? , Walcott the same I think , Oxlaide chamberlain , Gareth Bale etc etc . I Can’t see it doing any harm, the lad probably loved it and was thrilled I expect. If you’re good enough you’re old enough.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Tyler Dibling on 00:21 - May 11 with 830 views1885_SFC

Tyler Dibling on 22:50 - May 10 by 1teeminants

Luke Shaw was only 16 wasn’t he ? , Walcott the same I think , Oxlaide chamberlain , Gareth Bale etc etc . I Can’t see it doing any harm, the lad probably loved it and was thrilled I expect. If you’re good enough you’re old enough.

Same goes for the greatest ever Saints debut that I ever saw at The Dell - that of a 17-year old Alan Shearer. As you say; if you're good enough - you're old enough.

Old School is Cool

Tyler Dibling on 07:17 - May 11 with 758 views1teeminants

Tyler Dibling on 00:21 - May 11 by 1885_SFC

Same goes for the greatest ever Saints debut that I ever saw at The Dell - that of a 17-year old Alan Shearer. As you say; if you're good enough - you're old enough.

Yeah how could I miss out the greatest. I too saw that debut, a brilliant 17 year old Shearer destroyed Arsenal that day and I saw a brilliant 16 year old Luke Shaw make his debut for Saints reserves also against Arsenal .

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Login to get fewer ads

Tyler Dibling on 08:38 - May 11 with 724 viewssaint901

The old saying about being good enough to play in PL games is not about age but ablity is still true.

These days however, playing top flight football comes with a lot of baggage as the media has a ravening appetite for victims to "expose" or "reveal" as the latest wonder boy of English football.

Coping with the sudden limelight and fame is where I see the real danger for young players, not being put on a bench to see what a PL game is like from there or just being on the coach with the players before and after.
Tyler Dibling on 11:52 - May 11 with 676 viewsTimSaint

Especially after the number of Subs got increased, it became a bit if a trait to let a youngster join the match day squad, to see how things work with the big boys.

I personally feel that although this could be of benefit to him, it was probably a mistake to select him at this stage.

He has only just turned 16
He has only started 14 games for the U18s
He has only started 2 games for the U23s
He is an attacking midfielder - not a position RH utilises
Already there is too much expectation on his shoulders

TimSaint

Tyler Dibling on 11:54 - May 11 with 674 viewsBerber

Tyler Dibling on 09:21 - May 10 by Sadoldgit

This
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024