Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
League 1 away attendances this season 19:47 - May 15 with 3648 viewsPatfromPoole

Just 21 more than Wigan.

Fooking massive.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

League 1 away attendances this season on 14:07 - May 16 with 884 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

League 1 away attendances this season on 13:43 - May 16 by TimSaint

You really are digging yourself a deeper hole with every response.

This thread is about the League 1 average away attendances for this season.

Your team finished 5th on the list - pretty good you might think ?
Your Points Tally Away from home this season is only 14th best in the league (yes, worse than even the likes of Lincoln, Cambridge and Charlton)
Note to fans - Must make more noise, to make the team win !!

Perhaps if your theory was correct, your fans could have made a bit more noise, or taken a few extra hundred, then they might just have cheered you on to that play off place you predicted you would achieve this season.

Your year next year ?

We haven't been very good away from home since Cook left, due to the tactics being used.

But we are quite good at home, so the away points all add up. Therefore, the extra noise does count.

I know it's hard to accept that your fans aren't very noisy.

Poll: Is Southampton FC a big club. Where do they rank?

League 1 away attendances this season on 14:17 - May 16 with 879 viewsPatfromPoole

League 1 away attendances this season on 14:07 - May 16 by Chesham_Saint

Meanwhile next season the Blue Few await with trepidation the returning hordes of one of their closest away day rivals….Rotherham Utd…!

Carlsberg don’t do piss-ant football clubs, but if they did….

Didn’t Rotherham get promoted?

Wait for this to be cited as an excuse for their numbers not being much less…….

League 1 away attendances this season on 14:27 - May 16 with 870 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

League 1 away attendances this season on 14:02 - May 16 by PatfromPoole

You have succeeded in your mission of boring me off this thread.

Classic politician stance. Just hit people with statistics, 95% of which are made-up drivel, and people will just give up as life is just too short.

You must be full of highly enlightening craic in the boozer, sir.

Yes, sometimes the truth can be boring huh?

League 1 away attendances this season on 14:29 - May 16 with 865 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

League 1 away attendances this season on 14:17 - May 16 by PatfromPoole

Didn’t Rotherham get promoted?

Wait for this to be cited as an excuse for their numbers not being much less…….

Here's a more normal list for you, where Wigan weren't challenging

https://fanbanter.co.uk/average-away-attendance-for-every-league-one-club-in-the

Looks like Pompey are higher up the list ie 2 years before.
[Post edited 16 May 2022 14:45]

League 1 away attendances this season on 16:13 - May 16 with 812 viewsfranniesTache

League 1 away attendances this season on 14:29 - May 16 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Here's a more normal list for you, where Wigan weren't challenging

https://fanbanter.co.uk/average-away-attendance-for-every-league-one-club-in-the

Looks like Pompey are higher up the list ie 2 years before.
[Post edited 16 May 2022 14:45]

So what you're saying is your support is getting markedly worse each season. Weird thing to argue but yes the facts do prove that in a city of 205k people just over half a percent can be a*sed to follow you away and only slightly over 7% can be bothered to watch you at home.

Massive club you lot MASSIVE
League 1 away attendances this season on 16:44 - May 16 with 782 viewsPatfromPoole

League 1 away attendances this season on 16:13 - May 16 by franniesTache

So what you're saying is your support is getting markedly worse each season. Weird thing to argue but yes the facts do prove that in a city of 205k people just over half a percent can be a*sed to follow you away and only slightly over 7% can be bothered to watch you at home.

Sport Bible poll incoming…….

League 1 away attendances this season on 16:56 - May 16 with 771 viewsfranniesTache

League 1 away attendances this season on 16:44 - May 16 by PatfromPoole

Sport Bible poll incoming…….

Lets be fair Pat, we've all accidentally admitted our not brilliantly supported club is getting worse support each year whilst arguing the opposite haven't we?

It's really easy to do.
League 1 away attendances this season on 17:00 - May 16 with 767 viewsPatfromPoole

League 1 away attendances this season on 16:56 - May 16 by franniesTache

Lets be fair Pat, we've all accidentally admitted our not brilliantly supported club is getting worse support each year whilst arguing the opposite haven't we?

It's really easy to do.

We might be sh1t.

But it is all relative, and there are different levels of sh1t.

I hear you.

Login to get fewer ads

League 1 away attendances this season on 20:54 - May 16 with 720 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

League 1 away attendances this season on 16:13 - May 16 by franniesTache

So, what I'm saying is Wigan's support has doubled. Maybe you should read peoples' post a couple of times to let them sink in, and get the primary points.

League 1 away attendances this season on 21:24 - May 16 with 709 viewssaint68

League 1 away attendances this season on 20:54 - May 16 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

So, what I'm saying is Wigan's support has doubled. Maybe you should read peoples' post a couple of times to let them sink in, and get the primary points.

Walt Disney give a fuk..like your support

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

League 1 away attendances this season on 22:19 - May 16 with 671 viewsfranniesTache

League 1 away attendances this season on 20:54 - May 16 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

So you’re saying Wigan, a traditional rugby town, have managed to almost double their support in size in a period where yours has shrunk or stagnated at best?

I’m not sure this is the win you think it is…
League 1 away attendances this season on 22:50 - May 16 with 650 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

League 1 away attendances this season on 22:19 - May 16 by franniesTache

So you’re saying Wigan, a traditional rugby town, have managed to almost double their support in size in a period where yours has shrunk or stagnated at best?

I’m not sure this is the win you think it is…

So, what I'm saying is that Wigan on having a very successful season, and spending loads of money have got themselves promoted and doubled their away attendance ie success has massively improved it.

A bit like your club whic almost halved it's home gate between 2005 and 2009 when they dropped down a league.

League 1 away attendances this season on 22:55 - May 16 with 646 viewsPatfromPoole

I’m still trying to get my head round the supposed link between noise made and trophies won.

Whoever coined the phrase “there are lies, damned lies and statistics” was on to something….

League 1 away attendances this season on 23:01 - May 16 with 645 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

League 1 away attendances this season on 22:55 - May 16 by PatfromPoole

I’m still trying to get my head round the supposed link between noise made and trophies won.

Whoever coined the phrase “there are lies, damned lies and statistics” was on to something….

Why have the top 15 clubs on that list got almost 2 1/2 times as many trophies as all the others put together.

Think it through for a moment.

League 1 away attendances this season on 23:28 - May 16 with 639 viewsPatfromPoole

League 1 away attendances this season on 23:01 - May 16 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Why have the top 15 clubs on that list got almost 2 1/2 times as many trophies as all the others put together.

Think it through for a moment.

On what list??!!??

League 1 away attendances this season on 23:37 - May 16 with 633 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

League 1 away attendances this season on 23:28 - May 16 by PatfromPoole

On what list??!!??

The one you've already mentioned 3 or 4 times.

This is really hard for you isn't it?

League 1 away attendances this season on 06:54 - May 17 with 587 viewsPatfromPoole

League 1 away attendances this season on 23:37 - May 16 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

The one you've already mentioned 3 or 4 times.

This is really hard for you isn't it?

Do your club’s fans make less noise than Wigan?

Would explain why your best players tend to end up leaving to go there, I guess…..

League 1 away attendances this season on 06:55 - May 17 with 586 viewsPatfromPoole

League 1 away attendances this season on 06:54 - May 17 by PatfromPoole

Do your club’s fans make less noise than Wigan?

Would explain why your best players tend to end up leaving to go there, I guess…..

Though on reflection, both Portsmouth and Wigan are utter sh1tholes, so there’s not much of a lifestyle change for players to have to adapt to.

League 1 away attendances this season on 09:44 - May 17 with 528 viewsfranniesTache

League 1 away attendances this season on 22:50 - May 16 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

So, what I'm saying is that Wigan on having a very successful season, and spending loads of money have got themselves promoted and doubled their away attendance ie success has massively improved it.

A bit like your club whic almost halved it's home gate between 2005 and 2009 when they dropped down a league.

So you're saying Wigan are growing and leaving you behind, and you've slipped behind another club in size and stature.

Again i'm really not sure if you realise that what you're saying makes you look even smaller and more irrelevant?

But hey you carry on talking about how much Wigan have grown because it's kind of amusing to see you do it.
League 1 away attendances this season on 10:19 - May 17 with 515 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

League 1 away attendances this season on 06:55 - May 17 by PatfromPoole

Though on reflection, both Portsmouth and Wigan are utter sh1tholes, so there’s not much of a lifestyle change for players to have to adapt to.

Quick, change the subject on noise.

Can't see your town, or even Wigan on this small list
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tourism_in_England#Tourist_sites

League 1 away attendances this season on 10:23 - May 17 with 504 viewsButty101

League 1 away attendances this season on 10:19 - May 17 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Quick, change the subject on noise.

Can't see your town, or even Wigan on this small list
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tourism_in_England#Tourist_sites

Weird i as see Southampton on the link you provided!

As you know Wiki is the source of truth.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

League 1 away attendances this season on 10:28 - May 17 with 493 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

League 1 away attendances this season on 09:44 - May 17 by franniesTache

So you're saying Wigan are growing and leaving you behind, and you've slipped behind another club in size and stature.

Again i'm really not sure if you realise that what you're saying makes you look even smaller and more irrelevant?

But hey you carry on talking about how much Wigan have grown because it's kind of amusing to see you do it.

Think it was the thread starter who mentioned Wigan, keep up. They just had a good season, not hard to understand is it?

Don't think Wigan will ever catch us on honours, but they are of course level with you lot.

League 1 away attendances this season on 10:32 - May 17 with 479 viewsButty101

League 1 away attendances this season on 10:28 - May 17 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Think it was the thread starter who mentioned Wigan, keep up. They just had a good season, not hard to understand is it?

Don't think Wigan will ever catch us on honours, but they are of course level with you lot.

Weird how you are so massive, yet a feeder club for Wigan.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

League 1 away attendances this season on 10:34 - May 17 with 473 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

League 1 away attendances this season on 10:32 - May 17 by Butty101

Weird how you are so massive, yet a feeder club for Wigan.

what, because 2 players left?

League 1 away attendances this season on 10:40 - May 17 with 466 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

League 1 away attendances this season on 10:23 - May 17 by Butty101

Weird i as see Southampton on the link you provided!

As you know Wiki is the source of truth.

Are you on the most visited sites list?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024