Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mason Mount 19:45 - Jun 7 with 1464 viewsPatfromPoole

He will be the undoing of Southgate.

Get rid.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Mason Mount on 20:25 - Jun 7 with 1426 viewsButty101

Was thinking the same, he literally offers nothing.

JWP needs to move if he is going to get any game time

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Mason Mount on 20:52 - Jun 7 with 1384 viewssledger

why did kalvin phillips start,thought southgate said you had to be playing regular football,hes been out most of the season
Mason Mount on 21:47 - Jun 7 with 1329 viewsBicester_North

Typical lily livered, cowardly display from him

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Mason Mount on 22:52 - Jun 7 with 1271 viewsA1079

I don't know what is the matter with me. I am not sure whether I have just had enough of football (I know that seems a strange thing to say) but even though I had the game on the TV I showed no interest in it at all and really didn't care whether we won, lost or drew. This competition seems a competition too far/too many.

I know I have gone on about the malaise in our team during the season that has just ended but I do wonder whether I am developing my own malaise and indifference to the game or whether it is a blip.
Mason Mount on 23:29 - Jun 7 with 1247 viewsPatfromPoole

Mason Mount on 22:52 - Jun 7 by A1079

I don't know what is the matter with me. I am not sure whether I have just had enough of football (I know that seems a strange thing to say) but even though I had the game on the TV I showed no interest in it at all and really didn't care whether we won, lost or drew. This competition seems a competition too far/too many.

I know I have gone on about the malaise in our team during the season that has just ended but I do wonder whether I am developing my own malaise and indifference to the game or whether it is a blip.

I’m probably the reverse.

I have become a lot more disillusioned with club football but have reinvigorated my interest in international football. Not brought on by the Jubilee……..

For all of Southgate’s weaknesses re picking Mount and not being adventurous in substitutions, he is getting a tune out of a number of players who aren’t doing great with their clubs, such as Maguire, Shaw and Sterling. It usually used to be the other way round.

It’s great to see an England side that is genuinely competing.

Mason Mount on 23:49 - Jun 7 with 1229 viewsBazza

Mason Mount on 23:29 - Jun 7 by PatfromPoole

I have become a lot more disillusioned with club football but have reinvigorated my interest in international football. Not brought on by the Jubilee……..

For all of Southgate’s weaknesses re picking Mount and not being adventurous in substitutions, he is getting a tune out of a number of players who aren’t doing great with their clubs, such as Maguire, Shaw and Sterling. It usually used to be the other way round.

Wish I had your glasses on, I thought England 2nd best throughout first half and saved in second half by Pickford and a dubious penalty well taken by Kane who otherwise looked slow and lost most of the time. Why is Rice so highly rated?
Mason Mount on 23:55 - Jun 7 with 1225 viewsPatfromPoole

Mason Mount on 23:49 - Jun 7 by Bazza

Wish I had your glasses on, I thought England 2nd best throughout first half and saved in second half by Pickford and a dubious penalty well taken by Kane who otherwise looked slow and lost most of the time. Why is Rice so highly rated?

I like Rice. Think he’s potentially our captain for the next 6 or 7 years.

But he plays better alongside Phillips.

Mason Mount on 23:57 - Jun 7 with 1223 viewsPatfromPoole

Mason Mount on 23:49 - Jun 7 by Bazza

You’re right though.

We didn’t play well.

But we hung in and dug out a result we didn’t deserve.

Grealish changed the game though. Really should have been on the pitch a lot earlier.

Login to get fewer ads

Mason Mount on 00:19 - Jun 8 with 1216 viewsDorsetIan

Mason Mount on 23:57 - Jun 7 by PatfromPoole

You’re right though.

We didn’t play well.

But we hung in and dug out a result we didn’t deserve.

Grealish changed the game though. Really should have been on the pitch a lot earlier.

Bowen too. Makes things happen.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Mason Mount on 01:06 - Jun 8 with 1202 viewssledger

am i the only one who thought kane tripped himself up
Mason Mount on 07:17 - Jun 8 with 1096 viewsCity_boy

Mason Mount on 20:52 - Jun 7 by sledger

why did kalvin phillips start,thought southgate said you had to be playing regular football,hes been out most of the season

McGuire's inclusion was even more baffling. He has been crap all season, and was all over the place last night as well.
Mason Mount on 07:35 - Jun 8 with 1072 viewsPatfromPoole

Mason Mount on 07:17 - Jun 8 by City_boy

McGuire's inclusion was even more baffling. He has been crap all season, and was all over the place last night as well.

Maguire has been pretty solid for England over the last few years, the odd daft red card aside……

Southgate is usually pretty loyal to those who have done well for him over the last couple of years, like Sterling. I suspect it pained him to drop Rashford.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2022 7:36]

Mason Mount on 07:45 - Jun 8 with 1059 viewssaint22

Mason Mount on 20:52 - Jun 7 by sledger

Southgate is just another FA yes man
Cant decide on his best team, picks players when they have one good game for their club, leaves consistent performers on the bench
We will never win anything in any of our lifetimes we lack that nasty side
Mason Mount on 08:45 - Jun 8 with 1012 viewsA1079

Mason Mount on 01:06 - Jun 8 by sledger

No, you are not the only one but he is not alone. Players of other countries do not hesitate to do it. The officials could have decided not to give the penalty.
Mason Mount on 08:49 - Jun 8 with 1008 viewsA1079

I am not against watching international football or England Pat, I just can't get into this particular competition and it just feels a bit of an unnecessary additional competition. But, there are arguments that it is better than pointless friendlies so I appreciate there are many sides to an argument.
Mason Mount on 09:05 - Jun 8 with 996 viewsdirk_doone

To be honest, the team only genuinely competed after Grealish replaced Mount, who, as you and others have said, was totally anonymous and might as well not have been on the pitch. Grealish's presence seemed to inspire the rest of the team. Both can be inconsistent though. I'd say Mount has about 1 good game in 5 while Grealish has 3 or 4 good games in 5.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2022 9:24]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Mason Mount on 09:22 - Jun 8 with 975 viewsBuenosSaint

Mason Mount on 08:45 - Jun 8 by A1079

No, you are not the only one but he is not alone. Players of other countries do not hesitate to do it. The officials could have decided not to give the penalty.

Agreed. I thought it was a self trip. Even with the replays.
Once it was referred to monitor, ref is under too much pressure to stick to his original decision. England got lucky.

Poll: The Long Future

Mason Mount on 09:32 - Jun 8 with 959 viewsdirk_doone

Mason Mount on 01:06 - Jun 8 by sledger

No. I looked at all the replays and still couldn't see one that showed there was any contact from the German player. Maybe there is a freeze frame out there somewhere that shows there was. If there is, it will appear online. We were also lucky to get a very dubious penalty against Switzerland, who we didn't really deserve to beat.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Mason Mount on 09:35 - Jun 8 with 956 viewssaint901

Unusually I watched the game.

Pickford was his usual moaning self and I thought could have done better with the shot that went past him. It was pretty much at him, but he was already moving to his right and could only get one hand to it.

Trippier was like a fish out of water. He has no left foot at all. KWP would have been better there.

McGuire was pulled out of position for the goal, chasing a ball he had no chance of winning.

Stones was his usual - solid in places but not in control.

Walker I thought decent enough until he got frustrated trying to do the job of those in front of him.

Rice I thought had a decent game even when outnumbered.

Philips was unfortunate but why was he starting?

Sterling was a shadow of what he can be and Saka completely anonymous.

Kane I think is trying too hard to be the captain by popping up all over the place. He should stick to what he does best. The penalty was soft (amusing to see the Times say today that he was through on goal and about to shoot when in fact the ball was already past him when he tangled with the defender).

Grealish made a difference but disappointing to see Southgate this morning saying that he needs to defend better. WTF! you do not use a player like him to defend.

Bellingham continues - for me - to look a little below the standard. He's young and yet to find his place perhaps but for me not the battling tackling defensive mid nor the creative passer nor able to play wide. I think he needs to decide where he plays best.

Bowen is just not good enough.

Mount seemed to want to chase Rudiger down all the time and paid little or no attention to his day job. I don't like Rudiger and think he cheats and has a thoroughly nasty streak in him, but he's very effective and makes very few mistakes. Mount rushing at him every time was a complete waste of time and energy.

A lucky draw in my view and too many players out of form or tired.

This competition is essentially there to make TV money for UEFA at the end of a season. I seriously doubt I'll watch the weekend match.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024