Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
is it time to cash in on JWP? 21:11 - Jun 15 with 1782 viewsinthebox

As every parent knows there comes a time when the apple of your has to leave the nest.
is it time to cash in on JWP? on 21:18 - Jun 15 with 1766 viewskingslandstand1

According to Alex Crook on talksport he won't go unless one of the "big boys" come in for him with a stupid offer. The likes of W Ham and the NLY's have been mentioned but with Spurs just splashing out £35-40m for the lad from Brighton that sort of writes them off, and WHam would be a sideways move (?). They also have Bowen hitting all the headlines
is it time to cash in on JWP? on 21:23 - Jun 15 with 1748 viewsSaintsforeverj

is it time to cash in on JWP? on 21:18 - Jun 15 by kingslandstand1

According to Alex Crook on talksport he won't go unless one of the "big boys" come in for him with a stupid offer. The likes of W Ham and the NLY's have been mentioned but with Spurs just splashing out £35-40m for the lad from Brighton that sort of writes them off, and WHam would be a sideways move (?). They also have Bowen hitting all the headlines

I seem to remember Ings saying that. Ward-prowse comes across as a much more professional and decent person but we can't be sure.

He is on a long contract, if someone bids silly money like 70illion plus, we ought to cash in. That could buy 2 or 3 brilliant players.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

is it time to cash in on JWP? on 21:27 - Jun 15 with 1734 viewsI_would

There were no offers before Prowsey's latest international appearance and after that negative performance I would suspect that any ideas that he would go to a bigger club are now well and truly quashed. In two years time, when Ralph is removed, he will be surfing pine here until the end of his silly contract in 2026. Just to reiterate, he's going nowhere, so all 'Prowsey Droolers' relax.

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

is it time to cash in on JWP? on 21:36 - Jun 15 with 1714 viewsSadoldgit

He doesn’t seem desperate to go and we don’t seem desperate to sell him. Can’t see him going anywhere at the moment.
is it time to cash in on JWP? on 22:02 - Jun 15 with 1676 viewsSonicBoom

If I were a footballer I dont really think that I would consider a move from saints to West Ham as 'sideways'. Much bigger stadium, London, bigger crowds, bigger budgets and wages, and werent they just in a European final of sorts?
is it time to cash in on JWP? on 22:05 - Jun 15 with 1670 viewsSaintsforeverj

is it time to cash in on JWP? on 22:02 - Jun 15 by SonicBoom

If I were a footballer I dont really think that I would consider a move from saints to West Ham as 'sideways'. Much bigger stadium, London, bigger crowds, bigger budgets and wages, and werent they just in a European final of sorts?

They are a bigger club because of what you mention, they will pay more in wages but it's quite likely they won't win anything over the next ten years or ever. To leave Saints, you would surely want to go somewhere where trophies are likely.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2022 22:06]

is it time to cash in on JWP? on 22:34 - Jun 15 with 1615 viewssaintwizzler

is it time to cash in on JWP? on 22:05 - Jun 15 by Saintsforeverj

They are a bigger club because of what you mention, they will pay more in wages but it's quite likely they won't win anything over the next ten years or ever. To leave Saints, you would surely want to go somewhere where trophies are likely.

Or more money like Danny Ings

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

is it time to cash in on JWP? on 22:54 - Jun 15 with 1603 viewsSaintsforeverj

is it time to cash in on JWP? on 22:34 - Jun 15 by saintwizzler

Or more money like Danny Ings

Well yeah, but something tells me that in Ward-prowse case, he could have tried for a move before now, if he wanted more money. Last year, he was rumoured to be off, then he signed a 5 year contract. Surely he could have said that he wanted to go then, if he sensed more money at an Everton, Villa or West Ham. I get the feeling he isn't a trouble maker or trying to leave and has a bit of integrity about him, loyalty even. But who knows nowadays with these players and agents. As I say, give us 70 odd million, I think I would take it. But I'm pretty sure he will stay anyway.

Login to get fewer ads

is it time to cash in on JWP? on 06:57 - Jun 16 with 1418 viewsMytchettSaint

is it time to cash in on JWP? on 22:05 - Jun 15 by Saintsforeverj

That also rules out Spurs then.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

is it time to cash in on JWP? on 07:20 - Jun 16 with 1403 viewsTripleNiemi

is it time to cash in on JWP? on 21:23 - Jun 15 by Saintsforeverj

I seem to remember Ings saying that. Ward-prowse comes across as a much more professional and decent person but we can't be sure.

He is on a long contract, if someone bids silly money like 70illion plus, we ought to cash in. That could buy 2 or 3 brilliant players.

"That could buy 2 or 3 brilliant players".....

....therein lies the problem....recruiting 3 brilliant players.

Stick with Prowsey as at least he is a 'known' quantity

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

is it time to cash in on JWP? on 08:23 - Jun 16 with 1355 viewssaint22

From the beeb today

West Ham are keen to sign Southampton's James Ward-Prowse and Newcastle are also interested in the England midfielder
is it time to cash in on JWP? on 09:05 - Jun 16 with 1315 viewsBerber

is it time to cash in on JWP? on 07:20 - Jun 16 by TripleNiemi

"That could buy 2 or 3 brilliant players".....

....therein lies the problem....recruiting 3 brilliant players.

Stick with Prowsey as at least he is a 'known' quantity

I agree, for £20-30m a piece, the success rate is about one in 3 for most clubs. So then we would be giving up a sure fire, hard working pro, for the risk of getting one, possibly two decent (ish) players.
is it time to cash in on JWP? on 09:56 - Jun 16 with 1285 viewsChesham_Saint

No.

We’d have to get a replacement in and there’s no guarantee as to quality/success with that. Meanwhile JWP is the corner store of the team and if he goes the risk of going down increases hugely and the cost of that would massively outweigh the net profit we’d make on selling him.

In short, fingers crossed he stays.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

is it time to cash in on JWP? on 10:57 - Jun 16 with 1234 viewsDorsetIan

I'd miss his free kicks but he's played most games for the last few years and bar the exceptional runs of good form (that have kept us up) we've been largely poor.

You can't fault his engine, but maybe he lacks something as a captain.

Who knows, maybe someone else could lead the team better and be a better attacking midfielder?

Massive gamble though. What good did the VVD money do us? Any sale of JWP would need to be part of a much bigger commitment to building a new team than imo we have seen so far this summer.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024