Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southampton Make "Official Move" For Armando Broja 22:40 - Jul 5 with 1250 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/57982/southampton-make-o

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Southampton Make "Official Move" For Armando Broja on 07:14 - Jul 6 with 1016 viewsPatfromPoole

Well, “if” it happens, it’s a big 👍 from me.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Southampton Make "Official Move" For Armando Broja on 08:16 - Jul 6 with 938 viewssledger

everton havent got a pot to p*ss in,forget them
Southampton Make "Official Move" For Armando Broja on 08:44 - Jul 6 with 900 viewsRon11

From what I've been reading, most Chelsea fans don't want him going anywhere, as their striker options are fairly limited at the moment.
While he was at Saints, his goals seemed to dry up after Hassenhutl bizarrely changed the successful two up front - him and Che Adams. His head seemed to drop not long after that.
Now that we appear to have some half decent coaches at the club that might be able to steer tactics, starting line ups and substitutions in the right direction, it might encourage Broja to return.
But if it was just Hassenhutl still making the decisions, I don't think the lad would want to come anywhere near St. Marys again unless he was in an opposing team.
Southampton Make "Official Move" For Armando Broja on 09:14 - Jul 6 with 869 viewsSaintNick

Southampton Make "Official Move" For Armando Broja on 08:44 - Jul 6 by Ron11

From what I've been reading, most Chelsea fans don't want him going anywhere, as their striker options are fairly limited at the moment.
While he was at Saints, his goals seemed to dry up after Hassenhutl bizarrely changed the successful two up front - him and Che Adams. His head seemed to drop not long after that.
Now that we appear to have some half decent coaches at the club that might be able to steer tactics, starting line ups and substitutions in the right direction, it might encourage Broja to return.
But if it was just Hassenhutl still making the decisions, I don't think the lad would want to come anywhere near St. Marys again unless he was in an opposing team.

Whilst I agree with you on some of the points, it is not accurate to suggest that he would not come back if it was just Hasenhuttl making the decisions.

Firstly Professional footballers are there to do a job, liking the coach doesn't always come into it, secondly if he thinks Hasenhuttl is clueless then he is hardly going to come back just because we have appointed a new coach of whom he has probably never heard of.

Certain players are given a pass for their awful performances at the end of the season and the manager is blamed, yet others don't get the same leeway.

Walcott gets slaughtered as does Redmond, even Shane Long who was far more important to the team than Broja in the final dozen games.

I would be happy to see Broja back, but I find it bizarre he gets given so many excuses and the worst of it is that we are condoning a bad attitude claiming he only had it because of the manager.

If that is the case that is a major flaw in any player, perhaps thats why there has been no real concrete interest in him from other clubs at least at the price Chelsea want, after all who wants a player that sulks eh !

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Southampton Make "Official Move" For Armando Broja on 09:29 - Jul 6 with 856 viewsdarthvader

Southampton Make "Official Move" For Armando Broja on 09:14 - Jul 6 by SaintNick

Whilst I agree with you on some of the points, it is not accurate to suggest that he would not come back if it was just Hasenhuttl making the decisions.

Firstly Professional footballers are there to do a job, liking the coach doesn't always come into it, secondly if he thinks Hasenhuttl is clueless then he is hardly going to come back just because we have appointed a new coach of whom he has probably never heard of.

Certain players are given a pass for their awful performances at the end of the season and the manager is blamed, yet others don't get the same leeway.

Walcott gets slaughtered as does Redmond, even Shane Long who was far more important to the team than Broja in the final dozen games.

I would be happy to see Broja back, but I find it bizarre he gets given so many excuses and the worst of it is that we are condoning a bad attitude claiming he only had it because of the manager.

If that is the case that is a major flaw in any player, perhaps thats why there has been no real concrete interest in him from other clubs at least at the price Chelsea want, after all who wants a player that sulks eh !

Aston villa did . They purchased sulky ings .

Id take him back (broja) but id also would have kept our Shane Long .

We are in dour need of a goal scorer so we need someone and someone good who can do it now not just another 18/19year old with a good sell on potential

keep the faith coyr

Southampton Make "Official Move" For Armando Broja on 10:03 - Jul 6 with 814 viewsRon11

Southampton Make "Official Move" For Armando Broja on 09:14 - Jul 6 by SaintNick

Well I think we all thought Broja looked class until Hassenhutl started messing with what looked like a good formula.
After this I don't think he had a bad attitude as with Ings, Van Dijk etc, he just looked a little downcast as the scoring opportunities dried up. You might say well he's a striker, create chances, but the whole set up seemed to drop a lot deeper after Hassenhutl started playing with it.
Also as we know Bednarek seemed to go down the pan about the same time....let's face it, if the new coaching team had not been brought in, Hassenhutl would be gone by November.
Southampton Make "Official Move" For Armando Broja on 11:36 - Jul 6 with 758 viewsSonicBoom

Reading twitter it seems this is just rumour.
What isn't rumour is that we need a striker as currently we won't have enough goals in the side.
Southampton Make "Official Move" For Armando Broja on 11:41 - Jul 6 with 747 viewsBerber

Strange that so many expect a season long high level of performance from a youngster in a team that is consistently fragile. If you are a pure striker (which is what he is) who wouldn’t get hacked off at amateur hour passing across the back 4 when you want ball to feet, pronto? I’d have him back, and continue to allow for his weaknesses, especially when his strengths are not being played to.
Login to get fewer ads

Southampton Make "Official Move" For Armando Broja on 15:23 - Jul 6 with 605 viewsRon11

Southampton Make "Official Move" For Armando Broja on 11:41 - Jul 6 by Berber

Strange that so many expect a season long high level of performance from a youngster in a team that is consistently fragile. If you are a pure striker (which is what he is) who wouldn’t get hacked off at amateur hour passing across the back 4 when you want ball to feet, pronto? I’d have him back, and continue to allow for his weaknesses, especially when his strengths are not being played to.

Couldn't have put it better myself, the passing across the back was pissing everybody off, apart from the master tactician on he touchline.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024