Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Misrepresentative England Team 07:27 - Jul 14 with 4780 viewsChesham_Saint

So, according to the BBC the England women’s football team is “too white”. Yes, really.

First off I though they might be commenting on the kit and were merely advocating a Newcastle type strip as a joke. But, no, much sillier than that, the “good old BBC” was referring of course to the ethnicity of the team.

The world may be going to hell in a hand cart but the BBC has the time, resource and crassness to focus on this non issue. No wonder people despair.

By contrast how many of Saints’ new recruits are white? None, as far as I can tell, and no one makes the slightest comment. And why is that? Because we just want the best people for the job irrespective of anything else.

Or am I missing something?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Misrepresentative England Team on 08:17 - Jul 14 with 4096 viewsSadoldgit

Perhaps black people have asked where all the black players are in the women’s team and the BBC feel the need to address it. You make the point yourself that there are plenty at our club and around mens football itself. It’s not something that keeps me awake at night but it does seem odd when you look at the difference between the men’s game and the woman’s game. Perhaps it is just that not so many black women are interested in football? Perhaps it is something else? If no one asks the question we will never know.
Misrepresentative England Team on 08:19 - Jul 14 with 4090 viewssaint68

From what I've seen of late, UK TV advertising is grossly misrepresentative of the general populous..don't see the Beeb jumping all over that,funnily enough.

Spanish advertising on the contrary seems to be unaffected by tik box nonsense.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Misrepresentative England Team on 09:07 - Jul 14 with 4075 viewsChesham_Saint

Misrepresentative England Team on 08:17 - Jul 14 by Sadoldgit

Perhaps black people have asked where all the black players are in the women’s team and the BBC feel the need to address it. You make the point yourself that there are plenty at our club and around mens football itself. It’s not something that keeps me awake at night but it does seem odd when you look at the difference between the men’s game and the woman’s game. Perhaps it is just that not so many black women are interested in football? Perhaps it is something else? If no one asks the question we will never know.

“Perhaps”? I think you mean the Tristrams have yet again assumed offence on behalf of others more like. This is the old Woody Allen joke about the lack of Jewish players in the US basket ball team writ large.

Sport should be colour blind and a meritocracy of its meaningless.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Misrepresentative England Team on 09:25 - Jul 14 with 4052 viewsBazza

Misrepresentative England Team on 09:07 - Jul 14 by Chesham_Saint

“Perhaps”? I think you mean the Tristrams have yet again assumed offence on behalf of others more like. This is the old Woody Allen joke about the lack of Jewish players in the US basket ball team writ large.

It’s another example of the BBC being woke.
Have you noticed their Director of Cultural Diversity June Sarpong is on £267,000 for a 3 day week?
Misrepresentative England Team on 09:54 - Jul 14 with 4020 viewsJellybaby

Misrepresentative England Team on 08:19 - Jul 14 by saint68

From what I've seen of late, UK TV advertising is grossly misrepresentative of the general populous..don't see the Beeb jumping all over that,funnily enough.

Spanish advertising on the contrary seems to be unaffected by tik box nonsense.

Not just advertising, drama as well, English drama is ruined by the box ticking woke stuff, shoehorning the wrong people in and losing authenticity and credibility by doing it.

Have ended up watching the Spanish drama "Money Heist", which thankfully is fairly free of the woke nonsense.

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

Misrepresentative England Team on 10:45 - Jul 14 with 3968 viewssaints__fan__73

Misrepresentative England Team on 09:54 - Jul 14 by Jellybaby

Not just advertising, drama as well, English drama is ruined by the box ticking woke stuff, shoehorning the wrong people in and losing authenticity and credibility by doing it.

Have ended up watching the Spanish drama "Money Heist", which thankfully is fairly free of the woke nonsense.

Waiting for their dramatisation of our '66 WC win with Gordon Banks played by a Jamaican.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Misrepresentative England Team on 10:59 - Jul 14 with 3946 viewsBazza

Actually I think the men’s team may be over represented by people of colour, not a bad thing especially when some people insist the country is racist. Lack of Asians is significant though.
Misrepresentative England Team on 20:17 - Jul 14 with 3752 viewsSadoldgit

Misrepresentative England Team on 09:07 - Jul 14 by Chesham_Saint

I don’t disagree about meritocracy but it does seem odd when you look at the number of black players in the mens England team against the lack in the women’s team. I don’t know much about the diversity amongst the women’s league teams. If there are plenty of black players there then one would assume that they are just not good enough yet. If there are few black players at league level we need to ask why when there are so many in European teams.
Login to get fewer ads

Misrepresentative England Team on 22:23 - Jul 14 with 3667 viewsSaintsforeverj

A quick search shows that just over 3%, of people in this country, are black. How many of those are also English? According to this, you would expect there to be more white people than black people because there are simply more of them! The Cameroon team doesn't have any white players. That's because there aren't any! Why there are more black people in the men's England team than in the women's team, well I suppose it has taken a long time to find English females talented at football, let alone black English females, something like 1% of England's population. We can't just magically make them!

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Misrepresentative England Team on 23:31 - Jul 14 with 3630 viewsSadoldgit

Misrepresentative England Team on 22:23 - Jul 14 by Saintsforeverj

A quick search shows that just over 3%, of people in this country, are black. How many of those are also English? According to this, you would expect there to be more white people than black people because there are simply more of them! The Cameroon team doesn't have any white players. That's because there aren't any! Why there are more black people in the men's England team than in the women's team, well I suppose it has taken a long time to find English females talented at football, let alone black English females, something like 1% of England's population. We can't just magically make them!

Thanks for your research. How does that equate with the English male team?
Misrepresentative England Team on 09:25 - Jul 15 with 3506 viewsBerber

“Too white” is a value judgement, and reflects a standpoint that there is more than desired or required of the parameter described. That in itself can be interpreted as racist. Given how picky the woke brigade are, a major faux pas.
Misrepresentative England Team on 09:47 - Jul 15 with 3489 viewsBazza

Misrepresentative England Team on 23:31 - Jul 14 by Sadoldgit

Thanks for your research. How does that equate with the English male team?

As I previously said over-represented in a good way.
Misrepresentative England Team on 10:32 - Jul 15 with 3463 viewsdwayne_dibley

The BBC have not mentioned the teams sexual orientation. No obvious trans representation

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Misrepresentative England Team on 12:10 - Jul 15 with 3397 viewssolent_toffee

Inclusivity in the women’s game is miles behind the mens game, as most things are given how longer the mens game has been fully established.

The pathway to players accessing teams, resources, opportunities is therefore still quite limited especially compared to the mens game. Understandably so given how long the mens game has been established. It’s not just going to happen overnight, despite the push from the likes of the BBC, although there are programmes set up by the FA to widen the participation and identify talent who might not have the pathway to opportunities for whatever reason, financial, location etc.

It is going to take time.
Misrepresentative England Team on 12:39 - Jul 15 with 3362 viewssaints__fan__73

Misrepresentative England Team on 10:32 - Jul 15 by dwayne_dibley

The BBC have not mentioned the teams sexual orientation. No obvious trans representation

There's rumours that one of the England team will be coming out as straight.

Misrepresentative England Team on 12:48 - Jul 15 with 3358 viewsJellybaby

Misrepresentative England Team on 12:39 - Jul 15 by saints__fan__73

There's rumours that one of the England team will be coming out as straight.

If that happens, maybe we could set aside the whole of August to celebrate it.

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

Misrepresentative England Team on 13:00 - Jul 15 with 3349 viewssaints__fan__73

Misrepresentative England Team on 12:48 - Jul 15 by Jellybaby

If that happens, maybe we could set aside the whole of August to celebrate it.

I was thinking of something more Autumnal.

Maybe Cocktober Pride Festival?

Misrepresentative England Team on 23:19 - Jul 15 with 3183 viewsArchersRoad

Misrepresentative England Team on 09:47 - Jul 15 by Bazza

As I previously said over-represented in a good way.

What kind of thinking is this?

Four legs good, two legs bad?
Misrepresentative England Team on 23:44 - Jul 15 with 3173 viewsBazza

Misrepresentative England Team on 23:19 - Jul 15 by ArchersRoad

What kind of thinking is this?

Four legs good, two legs bad?

I think that’s a joke based on Animal Farm. If not I simply mean there are proportionately more players of colour in the England men’s team than there are people of colour in England.
Misrepresentative England Team on 00:02 - Jul 16 with 3167 viewsSadoldgit

Anyway, another great performance from England tonight which hopefully will inspire many more female youngsters to start playing football no matter what colour their skin is.
Misrepresentative England Team on 08:32 - Jul 16 with 3082 viewsBerber

Misrepresentative England Team on 00:02 - Jul 16 by Sadoldgit

Anyway, another great performance from England tonight which hopefully will inspire many more female youngsters to start playing football no matter what colour their skin is.

Misrepresentative England Team on 20:28 - Jul 17 with 2834 viewsPeterL22

Can I be the first to point out that there are no blind players in either men or women's teams ( nor wheelchair players)!
In all seriousness,the point about selection on merit is the key one - ethnicity should (and I expect is)irrelevant.
It may be true that certain ethnicities don't play certain sports as much as others.
By the way, anyone noticed the lack of gingers in the current England men's team?
Misrepresentative England Team on 21:57 - Jul 17 with 2791 viewsBerber

Misrepresentative England Team on 20:28 - Jul 17 by PeterL22

Can I be the first to point out that there are no blind players in either men or women's teams ( nor wheelchair players)!
In all seriousness,the point about selection on merit is the key one - ethnicity should (and I expect is)irrelevant.
It may be true that certain ethnicities don't play certain sports as much as others.
By the way, anyone noticed the lack of gingers in the current England men's team?

Gingivitis?
Misrepresentative England Team on 22:23 - Jul 17 with 2778 viewsJellybaby

Misrepresentative England Team on 20:28 - Jul 17 by PeterL22

If 63% of the population are overweight, we should really have 6 obese players in England's starting elevan!

Misrepresentative England Team on 03:51 - Jul 18 with 2719 viewsArchersRoad

Misrepresentative England Team on 23:44 - Jul 15 by Bazza

I think that’s a joke based on Animal Farm. If not I simply mean there are proportionately more players of colour in the England men’s team than there are people of colour in England.

Not so much a joke, more a satirical observation.

So would it be ok to say the men's team are too black?

Which players do (you?) Eilidh Barbour and the BBC propose should be excluded from the team because of the colour of their skin?

Four legs good, two legs better
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024