Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Crewe Match Thread.. 07:34 - Jul 29 with 22035 viewsdale1968

Thought I would start this early as we KO tomorrow against Crewe at the COA.
Think that a top 10 finish is achievable this season whith the signings RS has made over the last few weeks, especially that of Hendo's return to the club.
would be great to start the campaign with 3pts and see how we go.
UTDNFS

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Crewe Match Thread.. on 10:16 - Jul 29 with 5742 viewsD_Alien

Trivial fact: i don't think we've played a league fixture in July before, but it'll leave June as the only month we've not played one in

It'd not be beyond the bounds of possibility. If we were in a playoff final that got postponed or abandoned, the rearranged fixture could be in early June

(Hope tomorrow's not as boring as that lot! )

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Crewe Match Thread.. on 10:18 - Jul 29 with 5732 viewsTVOS1907

Crewe Match Thread.. on 10:16 - Jul 29 by D_Alien

Trivial fact: i don't think we've played a league fixture in July before, but it'll leave June as the only month we've not played one in

It'd not be beyond the bounds of possibility. If we were in a playoff final that got postponed or abandoned, the rearranged fixture could be in early June

Actually...

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Crewe Match Thread.. on 10:22 - Jul 29 with 5727 viewsmikehunt

...... are you going to say that rearranged Burnley game that was played after the official end of the season had crept into June, TVOS?

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Crewe Match Thread.. on 10:27 - Jul 29 with 5714 viewsTVOS1907

Crewe Match Thread.. on 10:22 - Jul 29 by mikehunt

...... are you going to say that rearranged Burnley game that was played after the official end of the season had crept into June, TVOS?

No, it was on 5th May.

We have played in June, though, but not July until tomorrow. I'll check the full details when I can get to my PC later.

Crewe Match Thread.. on 10:51 - Jul 29 with 5669 viewsD_Alien

Crewe Match Thread.. on 10:27 - Jul 29 by TVOS1907

No, it was on 5th May.

We have played in June, though, but not July until tomorrow. I'll check the full details when I can get to my PC later.

Oh no! The TVOS spreadsheet continues to terrorise us!

I'd have put my house on it!

Crewe Match Thread.. on 11:20 - Jul 29 with 5594 viewsBuckTheTrend

Crewe Match Thread.. on 10:27 - Jul 29 by TVOS1907

No, it was on 5th May.

The only one I can find is in season 1946/7 when the final game of the season was Rotherham United (Away) played on 7th June (3-3 result).
Crewe Match Thread.. on 11:26 - Jul 29 with 5565 viewsleedsdale

Reading a preview online it seems Crewe don’t have a fit senior keeper available for tomorrow as yet.
Crewe Match Thread.. on 11:37 - Jul 29 with 5521 viewsTVOS1907

Crewe Match Thread.. on 11:20 - Jul 29 by BuckTheTrend

The only one I can find is in season 1946/7 when the final game of the season was Rotherham United (Away) played on 7th June (3-3 result).

I think that's the one!

Login to get fewer ads

Crewe Match Thread.. on 11:37 - Jul 29 with 5520 viewsTVOS1907

Crewe Match Thread.. on 10:51 - Jul 29 by D_Alien

Oh no! The TVOS spreadsheet continues to terrorise us!

I'd have put my house on it!

Excel-lent

Crewe Match Thread.. on 12:28 - Jul 29 with 5442 viewsD_Alien

Crewe Match Thread.. on 11:20 - Jul 29 by BuckTheTrend

Ah yes, the first post-war season. Looking at the 11v11 fixture list, we didn't kick off till the end of August, i guess to allow more players to get back into civvy street. We must've been short, since our first 8 games were 6 defeats and 2 draws. We then went on a hot streak, and finished well up the table

46/47 also had a very cold winter, which i thought might've been a factor but i can only see one Saturday (15 March) with no fixture played

When we finished our season on 7 June, Rotherham (who went up as champions) still had another game to play
[Post edited 29 Jul 2022 12:30]

Crewe Match Thread.. on 13:42 - Jul 29 with 5294 viewsfermin

Crewe Match Thread.. on 12:28 - Jul 29 by D_Alien

Ah yes, the first post-war season. Looking at the 11v11 fixture list, we didn't kick off till the end of August, i guess to allow more players to get back into civvy street. We must've been short, since our first 8 games were 6 defeats and 2 draws. We then went on a hot streak, and finished well up the table

46/47 also had a very cold winter, which i thought might've been a factor but i can only see one Saturday (15 March) with no fixture played

When we finished our season on 7 June, Rotherham (who went up as champions) still had another game to play
[Post edited 29 Jul 2022 12:30]

Looking at the club history book the reason for the late end was that the government had banned rearranged games being played midweek so the postponed games had to be played on Saturdays at the season end.
Crewe Match Thread.. on 15:52 - Jul 29 with 5091 views442Dale

With the signings made the last couple of days, hazarding a guess at the line up…

O’Donnell; Seriki, Nelson, Ebanks-Landell, John, Odoh; Diagouraga, Ball, Kelly; Henderson, Rodney.

Subs: Slicker, Taylor, White, McNulty, Brierley, Charman, Sinclair.

Edit: looking at those sun options, it illustrates how we probably need another midfield option. You wouldn’t want to be subbing defenders, so with five subs being allowed there’s only really three to be made unless we had to because of injury.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2022 15:57]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Crewe Match Thread.. on 16:28 - Jul 29 with 5017 viewsNorthernDale

I agree we are thin in midfield and need at least one, if not at least two in midfield, I am surprised that we have not resigned Broadbent. What as happened to the lad on trial, as he left the club, was his name Connor Malley.
Crewe Match Thread.. on 16:37 - Jul 29 with 4983 views442Dale

Crewe Match Thread.. on 16:28 - Jul 29 by NorthernDale

I agree we are thin in midfield and need at least one, if not at least two in midfield, I am surprised that we have not resigned Broadbent. What as happened to the lad on trial, as he left the club, was his name Connor Malley.

Broadbent would have added little. We need another creative option.

Crewe Match Thread.. on 16:53 - Jul 29 with 4917 viewsfitzochris

Crewe Match Thread.. on 16:37 - Jul 29 by 442Dale

I agree with this. I think it’s what the kids these days call a CAM position. That and a left wing back. I’m a little miffed that we’ve failed to address the left wing back position in particular. Apparently there were “loads out there”. Guess they all went elsewhere then.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Crewe Match Thread.. on 17:00 - Jul 29 with 4880 views442Dale

Crewe Match Thread.. on 16:53 - Jul 29 by fitzochris

I agree with this. I think it’s what the kids these days call a CAM position. That and a left wing back. I’m a little miffed that we’ve failed to address the left wing back position in particular. Apparently there were “loads out there”. Guess they all went elsewhere then.

Is it possible that Keohane’s ability to play there and produce made the necessity to move White on a priority before any incoming? Pure speculation, but The Swiss Watchman (go on, dare you) was in good form before the injury and it’s possible Stockdale was comfortable with that. The injury means we should move now if there’s an opportunity, with emphasis on someone taking White and Graham on loan freeing up further money in the budget- even if we continue to contribute to their wages.

Crewe Match Thread.. on 17:01 - Jul 29 with 4868 viewsNewbury_Dale

Quite surprised Conor Malley wasn't signed after the Scunthorpe game
Crewe Match Thread.. on 17:25 - Jul 29 with 4797 viewsTVOS1907

Crewe Match Thread.. on 17:01 - Jul 29 by Newbury_Dale

Maybe he had other offers to think over.

Crewe Match Thread.. on 17:28 - Jul 29 with 4775 viewsTVOS1907

Crewe Match Thread.. on 10:16 - Jul 29 by D_Alien

LEAGUE GAMES

January 382
February 397
March 562
April 637
May 126
June 1
July 0
August 296
September 549
October 499
November 340
December 407

Crewe Match Thread.. on 17:39 - Jul 29 with 4741 viewsfitzochris

Crewe Match Thread.. on 17:00 - Jul 29 by 442Dale

Is it possible that Keohane’s ability to play there and produce made the necessity to move White on a priority before any incoming? Pure speculation, but The Swiss Watchman (go on, dare you) was in good form before the injury and it’s possible Stockdale was comfortable with that. The injury means we should move now if there’s an opportunity, with emphasis on someone taking White and Graham on loan freeing up further money in the budget- even if we continue to contribute to their wages.

I think Keohane’s injury highlights exactly why we should have brought cover/competition in for that position. Stockdale doesn’t seem to rate White.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Crewe Match Thread.. on 17:43 - Jul 29 with 4738 viewsleedsdale

Crewe Match Thread.. on 17:01 - Jul 29 by Newbury_Dale

I’m losing track of who we’ve signed and what they look like, but on the Ben Nelson interview yesterday there is a clip of them training on the pitch and it looks like Malley in the backgrsound, I think.
Crewe Match Thread.. on 18:03 - Jul 29 with 4679 viewsjonahwhereru

Crewe Match Thread.. on 15:52 - Jul 29 by 442Dale

With the signings made the last couple of days, hazarding a guess at the line up…

O’Donnell; Seriki, Nelson, Ebanks-Landell, John, Odoh; Diagouraga, Ball, Kelly; Henderson, Rodney.

Subs: Slicker, Taylor, White, McNulty, Brierley, Charman, Sinclair.

Edit: looking at those sun options, it illustrates how we probably need another midfield option. You wouldn’t want to be subbing defenders, so with five subs being allowed there’s only really three to be made unless we had to because of injury.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2022 15:57]

I think it would be a big ask for Nelson to play his first ever league game only 2 days after joining. Maybe I am more comfortable about Taylor than most but I would expect him to get the call tomorrow. If he doesn’t he could be doing a lot of sitting around during league games this season. I expect him to step forward, but what do I know.
If White cannot get up to speed and Odoh has to step in then we are certainly short of midfield bodies. Brierley has so little experience and Sinclair is is hardly an experienced option.
But in RS I trust
UTDNFS
Crewe Match Thread.. on 18:06 - Jul 29 with 4660 views442Dale

Crewe Match Thread.. on 18:03 - Jul 29 by jonahwhereru

I think it would be a big ask for Nelson to play his first ever league game only 2 days after joining. Maybe I am more comfortable about Taylor than most but I would expect him to get the call tomorrow. If he doesn’t he could be doing a lot of sitting around during league games this season. I expect him to step forward, but what do I know.
If White cannot get up to speed and Odoh has to step in then we are certainly short of midfield bodies. Brierley has so little experience and Sinclair is is hardly an experienced option.
But in RS I trust
UTDNFS

Would have no problem with Brierley playing every week, it’s more that I think RS has gone with Kelly for now.

Crewe Match Thread.. on 18:14 - Jul 29 with 4629 viewsswindondale

Crewe Match Thread.. on 17:43 - Jul 29 by leedsdale

I’m losing track of who we’ve signed and what they look like, but on the Ben Nelson interview yesterday there is a clip of them training on the pitch and it looks like Malley in the backgrsound, I think.

I think it is Paddy Watts from the youth team that is behind Ben Nelson in the video clip
Crewe Match Thread.. on 19:03 - Jul 29 with 4507 viewsseasidedale

Crewe Match Thread.. on 16:37 - Jul 29 by 442Dale

According to his profile on wilkipedia (I know) Malley is still under contract at Middlesbrough so it would be a loan to sign him
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024