Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Big Day For The Lionesses 09:39 - Jul 31 with 3039 viewsSaintNick

Who is watching and who is giving it a miss

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Big Day For The Lionesses on 19:46 - Jul 31 with 1018 viewsElijahK

Fair play to the ladies, too it a step further than the men did!
Nice to actually see us win something for once

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Big Day For The Lionesses on 19:48 - Jul 31 with 1009 viewsA1079

Well done England Lionesses. Tough game and it could have gone either way, but such a nice change to see us come through on top.
Big Day For The Lionesses on 20:16 - Jul 31 with 921 viewsSaintsforeverj

Ian Wright really bigging up the women's game, saying the WSL teams shouldn't be kicking off at different times to the men. How long before the Saints women are kicking off at St Mary's at 3pm on a Saturday, to make it fair?

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Big Day For The Lionesses on 20:18 - Jul 31 with 918 viewsElijahK

Big Day For The Lionesses on 19:41 - Jul 31 by Saintsforeverj

No cheating, no diving, good sportsmanship (sorry sportswomenship), full focus on winning the game. They've shown the men how to do it.
I think we might hear this a lot this week.

Congratulations to them.

Yeah well you speak to any refs and you’ll find that we all say the womens game might not be as quick tempo’d, level of quality, same levels of atmosphere, but it sure is more sportsmanlyship, and sure is a lot easier to officiate.
As whilst many of the lads will scream at you for not giving some irrelevant free kick even though they went down to a pinkie finger, the ladies won’t ever really complain and will only go down when they actually have to! Hence why it’s just soo much easier to officiate

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Big Day For The Lionesses on 20:29 - Jul 31 with 894 viewsSaintsforeverj

Big Day For The Lionesses on 20:18 - Jul 31 by ElijahK

Yeah well you speak to any refs and you’ll find that we all say the womens game might not be as quick tempo’d, level of quality, same levels of atmosphere, but it sure is more sportsmanlyship, and sure is a lot easier to officiate.
As whilst many of the lads will scream at you for not giving some irrelevant free kick even though they went down to a pinkie finger, the ladies won’t ever really complain and will only go down when they actually have to! Hence why it’s just soo much easier to officiate

I'm sure. The women certainly were sportsmanlike today and much better role models than some of the men, that's for sure. So, are we happy for people to start going to the womens game instead, and men's Saints games being watched by less than 10 000 people. It could happen.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Big Day For The Lionesses on 20:30 - Jul 31 with 889 viewsBerber

Big Day For The Lionesses on 19:15 - Jul 31 by City_boy

What level/division of mens football would you place this England team ?

Whilst I thoroughly enjoyed the game and result, the Germans played better football, missing Poppe tremendously. Answer to your question, League 1. Mainly because of the poor ball control and wretched passing by England.
Big Day For The Lionesses on 21:15 - Jul 31 with 817 viewsA1079

Big Day For The Lionesses on 20:30 - Jul 31 by Berber

Whilst I thoroughly enjoyed the game and result, the Germans played better football, missing Poppe tremendously. Answer to your question, League 1. Mainly because of the poor ball control and wretched passing by England.

Pretty much agree with you Berber. The 2nd half was definitely Germany and yes the quality is along way off top PL level or the best of men's international teams but that for me does not matter. The point is, they represented my country, they gave their all and it was good to watch and good to see us come through for a change without the fiasco of penalties etc.
Big Day For The Lionesses on 21:17 - Jul 31 with 810 viewsWints76

Big Day For The Lionesses on 20:18 - Jul 31 by ElijahK

When you say they won't go down unless they actually have to, does that include the promise of a new pair of shoes?

Sorry, I'll leave 1974 behind now but I couldn't help myself. Well done Lionessesessess, it was a compelling watch and I really could only see one winner after Germany equalised but thankfully I was wrong.
Login to get fewer ads

Big Day For The Lionesses on 23:13 - Jul 31 with 721 viewskernow

Big Day For The Lionesses on 19:15 - Jul 31 by City_boy

What level/division of mens football would you place this England team ?

Pointless, hypothetical question.
Why try to compare the men with the women's game?
There's no comparison so why not enjoy it for what it is ?! Highly entertaining football .
Great advert for sports bras.
Big Day For The Lionesses on 23:26 - Jul 31 with 692 viewshedgeend61

Comparing men's and women's games is not comparing eggs with eggs, and is daft to do so. You wouldn't think to compare Nadal with the Williams sisters

If they played Pompey (or any other league 1 standard) you would expect a league 1 to be far to strong for the girls and win easily by 4 or 5-0, tactically and technically the girls could compete but not strength, pace or ability wise.

Saying that, no Pompey player (and I couldn't name any) would have scored that first goal today in a league game, let alone a final, and I'm struggling to think of any of our lot who would either tbh.

The manager Sarina Wiegman deserves much credit, by keeping things simple.
Pick your best 11 every game (same for all 6 games), when it's not working don't be afraid to change it quickly. Easy game really, Ralph take note.
Big Day For The Lionesses on 23:28 - Jul 31 with 682 viewsSadoldgit

Big Day For The Lionesses on 23:26 - Jul 31 by hedgeend61

Comparing men's and women's games is not comparing eggs with eggs, and is daft to do so. You wouldn't think to compare Nadal with the Williams sisters

If they played Pompey (or any other league 1 standard) you would expect a league 1 to be far to strong for the girls and win easily by 4 or 5-0, tactically and technically the girls could compete but not strength, pace or ability wise.

Saying that, no Pompey player (and I couldn't name any) would have scored that first goal today in a league game, let alone a final, and I'm struggling to think of any of our lot who would either tbh.

The manager Sarina Wiegman deserves much credit, by keeping things simple.
Pick your best 11 every game (same for all 6 games), when it's not working don't be afraid to change it quickly. Easy game really, Ralph take note.

Perhaps Gareth Southgate should take note too?

I would add that the players attitude was first class too. Not the most gifted squad but probably the most gutsy. They all gave 100% every game and you can’t ask for more than that. Perhaps Ralph would find his job a little easier if his squad gave as much effort?
[Post edited 1 Aug 2022 9:16]
Big Day For The Lionesses on 23:34 - Jul 31 with 658 viewshedgeend61

Big Day For The Lionesses on 23:28 - Jul 31 by Sadoldgit

Perhaps Gareth Southgate should take note too?

I would add that the players attitude was first class too. Not the most gifted squad but probably the most gutsy. They all gave 100% every game and you can’t ask for more than that. Perhaps Ralph would find his job a little easier if his squad gave as much effort?
[Post edited 1 Aug 2022 9:16]

Yes, should have done 4 years back v Croatia

£50k pw 3 year contract, don't need to put in effort , just turn up and count your money every week
[Post edited 31 Jul 2022 23:42]
Big Day For The Lionesses on 07:39 - Aug 1 with 533 views1teeminants

The through ball which led to Englands first goal and the finish itself was fantastic if that happened in the premier league everyone would be going mental about it.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Big Day For The Lionesses on 08:26 - Aug 1 with 500 viewsBerber

Big Day For The Lionesses on 07:39 - Aug 1 by 1teeminants

The through ball which led to Englands first goal and the finish itself was fantastic if that happened in the premier league everyone would be going mental about it.

That happened against us several times last season, and the season before. We didn’t rave about the passes, just the sh1t defending by Bednarek and or Stephens.
Big Day For The Lionesses on 08:58 - Aug 1 with 488 viewsCenturion

Well, I enjoyed watching that game and thrilled for the team.

More importantly it will encourage more women to play and watch football whether that be men or womens game.
Big Day For The Lionesses on 09:07 - Aug 1 with 480 views1teeminants

Big Day For The Lionesses on 08:26 - Aug 1 by Berber

That happened against us several times last season, and the season before. We didn’t rave about the passes, just the sh1t defending by Bednarek and or Stephens.

Sometimes you have to applaud a pass , some passes you can’t do anything about no matter how good a defender are.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Big Day For The Lionesses on 09:17 - Aug 1 with 472 viewsBerber

Big Day For The Lionesses on 09:07 - Aug 1 by 1teeminants

Sometimes you have to applaud a pass , some passes you can’t do anything about no matter how good a defender are.

I agree
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024