Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fans' Forum 15:36 - Aug 8 with 4892 viewsSaintsforeverj

https://www.southamptonfc.com/news/2022-08-04/fans-forum-questions-southampton-f

Not that we will be listened to, and we will probably hear the same stupid questions about things we don't care about, but anyone willing to send a question to the club using the link above? I have sent one in asking why it has taken 5 years to sort out a terrible defence.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Fans' Forum on 15:38 - Aug 8 with 2679 viewsPatfromPoole

Oh.

They’ve got a Women’s Football rep there.

Expect most of the questions on the night to be about women’s football.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Fans' Forum on 15:41 - Aug 8 with 2674 viewsSaintsforeverj

Fans' Forum on 15:38 - Aug 8 by PatfromPoole

Oh.

Yep, if it's start getting tense, they will divert attention to the women's manager, to talk about the women's promotion, all positive stuff, thinking it will raise the mood, without a doubt.

Fans' Forum on 19:00 - Aug 8 with 2564 viewsChesham_Saint

Fans' Forum on 15:38 - Aug 8 by PatfromPoole

Oh.

FFS, my season ticket is for the men’s first team. Good luck to the women’s team and all that, but if anything more than a nominal amount of my hard earned is diverted to that, I won’t be happy.

I’m not interested in the social stuff (laudable though it might be) - if I want to support that I’ll make a charitable donation separately.

It’s the first team I’m interested in and their performance - and that’s it. The rest is a complete side show.

If they can’t get that right, I really would give up. Which after over 900 games, is it something I’d not do lightly,

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Fans' Forum on 20:42 - Aug 8 with 2459 viewsSaintsforeverj

Fans' Forum on 19:00 - Aug 8 by Chesham_Saint

FFS, my season ticket is for the men’s first team. Good luck to the women’s team and all that, but if anything more than a nominal amount of my hard earned is diverted to that, I won’t be happy.

I’m not interested in the social stuff (laudable though it might be) - if I want to support that I’ll make a charitable donation separately.

It’s the first team I’m interested in and their performance - and that’s it. The rest is a complete side show.

If they can’t get that right, I really would give up. Which after over 900 games, is it something I’d not do lightly,

They should have a separate forum for the women's team on a different evening. Then we would have a choice about which one we tune into. But, it will provide a nice excuse to waste time talking about the women team, to prevent as many awkward questions as possible about the mens team.

Fans' Forum on 17:58 - Aug 10 with 2309 viewsSaintsforeverj

You can watch live as far as I'm aware
https://www.southamptonfc.com/news/2022-08-10/fans-forum-stream-details-southamp

Fans' Forum on 19:15 - Aug 10 with 2209 viewsButty101

Fans' Forum on 20:42 - Aug 8 by Saintsforeverj

They should have a separate forum for the women's team on a different evening. Then we would have a choice about which one we tune into. But, it will provide a nice excuse to waste time talking about the women team, to prevent as many awkward questions as possible about the mens team.

This is going to be a w @ nk fest.

It’s all very friendly so far

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Fans' Forum on 19:24 - Aug 10 with 2195 viewsButty101

Fans' Forum on 19:15 - Aug 10 by Butty101

Good question about che adams

Not going to Everton
[Post edited 10 Aug 2022 19:25]

Fans' Forum on 19:25 - Aug 10 with 2192 viewsTripleNiemi

At least we have 'a really good squad'...........

So, why are we still getting battered every week?
[Post edited 10 Aug 2022 19:27]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Login to get fewer ads

Fans' Forum on 19:29 - Aug 10 with 2178 viewsButty101

Fans' Forum on 19:25 - Aug 10 by TripleNiemi

At least we have 'a really good squad'...........

So, why are we still getting battered every week?
[Post edited 10 Aug 2022 19:27]

532 to help the new inexperienced players settle in.

Fans' Forum on 19:44 - Aug 10 with 2145 viewsSaintsforeverj

Started off with stupid questions, then some of the questions were good about Adams, why was Djenepo playing and away fans in the home end question, referring to Itchen North email.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2022 19:44]

Fans' Forum on 19:45 - Aug 10 with 2129 viewsButty101

Fans' Forum on 19:44 - Aug 10 by Saintsforeverj

Started off with stupid questions, then some of the questions were good about Adams, why was Djenepo playing and away fans in the home end question, referring to Itchen North email.

Broja suddenly just stopped last season . Yeah so did the rest of the squad

Fans' Forum on 19:50 - Aug 10 with 2116 viewsBicester_North

Fans' Forum on 19:44 - Aug 10 by Saintsforeverj

What was the response to the away fans question?

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Fans' Forum on 19:52 - Aug 10 with 2110 viewsSaintsforeverj

Ralph just agreed at Brentford we were sh!t!

Fans' Forum on 19:54 - Aug 10 with 2097 viewsButty101

Fans' Forum on 19:52 - Aug 10 by Saintsforeverj

Ralph just agreed at Brentford we were sh!t!

Utter load of shite questions

Ralph is going no where

Fans' Forum on 19:54 - Aug 10 with 2095 viewscocklebreath

Fans' Forum on 19:50 - Aug 10 by Bicester_North

Probably a non answer, Boris style

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Fans' Forum on 19:55 - Aug 10 with 2096 viewsSaintsforeverj

Fans' Forum on 19:50 - Aug 10 by Bicester_North

Steele said that the police and FA were concerned about behaviour at St Mary's since covid, especially in the Itchen North. They have to act otherwise the authorities will close parts of the ground. One of the fans, pushed him on away fans in home areas. Steele said he can assure us they are thrown out, even in the executive boxes.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2022 19:57]

Fans' Forum on 19:55 - Aug 10 with 2093 viewscocklebreath

Fans' Forum on 19:29 - Aug 10 by Butty101

532 to help the new inexperienced players settle in.

Fooking ridiculous

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Fans' Forum on 20:03 - Aug 10 with 2066 viewsBicester_North

Fans' Forum on 19:55 - Aug 10 by Saintsforeverj

Steele said that the police and FA were concerned about behaviour at St Mary's since covid, especially in the Itchen North. They have to act otherwise the authorities will close parts of the ground. One of the fans, pushed him on away fans in home areas. Steele said he can assure us they are thrown out, even in the executive boxes.

Cheers, sounds like proper bollox from Steele

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Fans' Forum on 20:03 - Aug 10 with 2059 viewsPatfromPoole

Fans' Forum on 19:55 - Aug 10 by Saintsforeverj

That was utter nonsense, and he was called out for it.

Fans' Forum on 20:15 - Aug 10 with 2013 viewsSaintsforeverj

Fans' Forum on 20:03 - Aug 10 by Bicester_North

Cheers, sounds like proper bollox from Steele

Yep, that particular fan pushed him on it and said there are definitely away fans walking into the ground in away colours and the stewards do nothing. Steele just brushed over it and said the stewards throw them out even in the boxes, I assure you it happens he said.

At the end, Semmens took a dig at supporters, saying how important it is we get behind the team, as it doesn't happen when we go one nil down. One fan interrupted, there were a few groans from others and said that's not fair. Semmens and Steele gave corporate type, pre planned answers to be honest.

All in all, a few of the usual stupid questions about testimonials, the women's team playing on the same day but some proper fans did get some good questions in. To be fair to Ralph, he didn't disagree as such when a fan questioned the players' effort, saying we were sh!t at Brentford and he was as furious as us, whereas Semmens categorically denied the players would ever do such a thing. Ralph also spoke with passion saying he understands it's tough being a Saints fan, but said it's also tough being Saints manager.

He hinted that Broja downed tools. He said he had no choice but to play Djenepo as there was nobody else. Perraud had been injured over the summer and wasn't match fit.

One thing for sure, is that Ralph is here to stay and Semmens and Steele seem out if touch.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2022 20:17]

Fans' Forum on 20:26 - Aug 10 with 1970 viewsPatfromPoole

Fans' Forum on 20:15 - Aug 10 by Saintsforeverj

Yep, that particular fan pushed him on it and said there are definitely away fans walking into the ground in away colours and the stewards do nothing. Steele just brushed over it and said the stewards throw them out even in the boxes, I assure you it happens he said.

At the end, Semmens took a dig at supporters, saying how important it is we get behind the team, as it doesn't happen when we go one nil down. One fan interrupted, there were a few groans from others and said that's not fair. Semmens and Steele gave corporate type, pre planned answers to be honest.

All in all, a few of the usual stupid questions about testimonials, the women's team playing on the same day but some proper fans did get some good questions in. To be fair to Ralph, he didn't disagree as such when a fan questioned the players' effort, saying we were sh!t at Brentford and he was as furious as us, whereas Semmens categorically denied the players would ever do such a thing. Ralph also spoke with passion saying he understands it's tough being a Saints fan, but said it's also tough being Saints manager.

He hinted that Broja downed tools. He said he had no choice but to play Djenepo as there was nobody else. Perraud had been injured over the summer and wasn't match fit.

One thing for sure, is that Ralph is here to stay and Semmens and Steele seem out if touch.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2022 20:17]

Semmens definitely scored an own goal when he said “yeah, I’ve had to watch all the games as well” to the guy who said he had been to every game last season and seen a lot of sub-standard performances.

Difference is it probably cost that guy over £5,000, Martin……
[Post edited 10 Aug 2022 20:27]

Fans' Forum on 20:32 - Aug 10 with 1956 viewsSaintsforeverj

Fans' Forum on 20:26 - Aug 10 by PatfromPoole

Semmens definitely scored an own goal when he said “yeah, I’ve had to watch all the games as well” to the guy who said he had been to every game last season and seen a lot of sub-standard performances.

Difference is it probably cost that guy over £5,000, Martin……
[Post edited 10 Aug 2022 20:27]

That's very true Semmens probably gets a free ticket, a free meal and he is on a 6 figure salary. First time, I have thought Semmens came across as completely out of touch and couldn't care a less about the fans.

Fans' Forum on 20:35 - Aug 10 with 1926 viewsPatfromPoole

Fans' Forum on 20:32 - Aug 10 by Saintsforeverj

That's very true Semmens probably gets a free ticket, a free meal and he is on a 6 figure salary. First time, I have thought Semmens came across as completely out of touch and couldn't care a less about the fans.

Did he call out our fans for not supporting the team when we go a goal down, or did I mis-hear him at the end?

Fans' Forum on 20:38 - Aug 10 with 1903 viewsButty101

Fans' Forum on 20:35 - Aug 10 by PatfromPoole

Did he call out our fans for not supporting the team when we go a goal down, or did I mis-hear him at the end?

Yeah you heard that. If the fans are not up for it the players wont be.

Fans' Forum on 20:39 - Aug 10 with 1896 viewsSaintsforeverj

Fans' Forum on 20:35 - Aug 10 by PatfromPoole

In so many words he did. He said we need everyone "in this room, on social media, at the ground" to be behind the club. In other words, saying they arn't. He then said something about going a goal down and the players need our support, suggesting we don't give it when this happens.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024